• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 4 @ Caddo Hills

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

February 21, 2016, 09:06:13 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:09:37 am by HF
Boys Bracket

Girls Bracket

Region 4 Matches up with Region 1 in state tournament

HorseFeathers

February 23, 2016, 10:10:40 am #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:15:52 am by HF
...I'll take
Emerson
Bradley
Kirby
Nevada

with
Finals---Emerson over Nevada
Consolation--Kirby over Bradley

Girls
Emerson
Acorn
Kirby
Caddo Hills

Finals---Kirby over Acorn
Consolation---Caddo HIlls over Emerson

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2016, 10:10:40 am
...I'll take
Emerson
Bradley
Kirby
Nevada

with
Finals---Emerson over Nevada
Consolation--Kirby over Bradley

Girls
Emerson
Acorn
Kirby
Caddo Hills

Finals---Kirby over Acorn
Consolation---Caddo HIlls over Emerson

I think you're spot on with this.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 23, 2016, 12:32:37 pm
I think you're spot on with this.

You just wonder how long Emerson can walk the tightline, and Nevada and Kirby are very very good.  But, Emerson seems to be on a mission and destiny and tournament experience may be on their side, along with a healthier Revels, and that may be enough to put them over the top.

PuddlePirate12

Today's games I predict 1. Emerson beats 4. Oden in boys by around 25. I predict 1. Kirby beats 4. TC by 11. Now this could be a good game. Trinity matches up well with Kirby in that they have a big boy to slow Whisenhunt and will make those easy lay ups for the smaller sized Kirby guards a tad more difficult. If TC guards can handle the pressure and have less than 15-20 turnovers they have a good chance. If they come out pumped up like they seem to do when they play Emerson and Tanner Hamilton plays well it will be a good game for sure. Just not sure the Trinity players will be up to it. I predict 1. Emerson beats 4. Oden in girls by 5. Could go either way I imagine. I predict 1. Kirby to beat 4. Nevada by 80+ if they leave the starters in the entire first half

Chicky

LOL Puddle on the 80+.  Seems like there are always several mercy rule ones, particularly with the girls games and the 1 vs. 4.  Both girls games in region 1 should be mercys today.

PuddlePirate12

Kirby girls are really good and they don't seem to feel bad about beating someone as bad as they can sometimes lol

Chicky

I know Kirby reloads every year, but did they lose much from when I watched them at Nashville last year?

yesteryearman

I see on the caddo hills high school webpage there is a stream for regional tournament.  but is that only for caddo hills games?  anyone know?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Chicky on February 24, 2016, 03:44:59 pm
I know Kirby reloads every year, but did they lose much from when I watched them at Nashville last year?

They didn't lose anything that I can tell. Maybe a couple off the bench

PuddlePirate12

Upset alert! Emerson girls trail Oden 19-16 at half (this isn't really an upset if it happens) lol

PuddlePirate12

February 24, 2016, 05:17:59 pm #11 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by HF
Emerson 41-38 Final

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2016, 04:32:37 pm
Upset alert! Emerson girls trail Oden 19-16 at half (this isn't really an upset if it happens) lol

C'mon now, don't clown on your own girls team. Where's the school spirit?

PuddlePirate12

If they don't belong they don't belong. I'll cheer for them as hard as anyone but our district is way down

HorseFeathers

hawgfan15

Quote from: Chicky on February 24, 2016, 03:44:59 pm

Kirby lost their best scorer and a shooter from last years team (both started). They have a strong team this year as well.

BannerChaser95

February 24, 2016, 08:16:08 pm #16 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:31:43 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby girls win by  28 over Nevada

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

End of the first.
Kirby 15 trinity 8

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

End of the 3rd
Kirby 45
Trinity 31

Chicky

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2016, 06:06:59 pm
If they don't belong they don't belong. I'll cheer for them as hard as anyone but our district is way down

That could be good for Kingston and Jasper :)

BannerChaser95

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Chicky on February 24, 2016, 09:25:09 pm
That could be good for Kingston and Jasper :)

Oh it will be bad. But I'm happy for the girls for making it. First time in many years they made it to state

Chicky

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2016, 10:46:33 pm
Oh it will be bad. But I'm happy for the girls for making it. First time in many years they made it to state

+1 Puddle :)

BannerChaser95

Today's games IMO
Acorn girls by 15

Caddo boys by 3

Caddo girls by 10

Nevada boys by 10  (this games i have so close because I'm not sure which teams show up either way. Does Nevada show up thinking they have it won? I know last years acorn team is a different story. But this acorn team was a shot or 2 away from being your 2 seed, maybe they show up again this tournament season!? Tho I don't think they have the talent to hang with nevada)

hawgfan15

If Nevada pushes the tempo and turns up the full court pressure they will blow Acorn out by 20+. If they let Acorn set the tempo and make it a half court game it could get interesting. Acorn has a very talented post player and they just moved up a very good freshman guard. Regardless, Nevada should win this ball game.

BannerChaser95

Should win it. But who knows either team could win the Bradley or caddo game. I'm going caddo just because home court

PuddlePirate12

I'll take Acorn and Caddos girls by prolly as much as they want. Bradley boys if they show up not scared. Nevada should beat Acorn 30+.. I don't think Acorn can handle the tempo that Nevada is gonna want to force. Get out on the Nevada players wearing blue and white is all I got to say. They got about 15 players that can shoot it deep lol

BannerChaser95

I just can't put out acorn in my head due to last years run and being 2 points away from a 2 seed. But we will see.

J.D.

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2016, 02:34:29 pm
I just can't put out acorn in my head due to last years run and being 2 points away from a 2 seed. But we will see.

Indeed. Coach Jackson does a tremendous job.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2016, 02:34:29 pm

2 points away from state finals too.. But they don't have Sky Jackson. They'll miss him more than Bay will miss Watson. Plus they lost the boy that hit like 5 3s vs Emerson in Semis and they tall white boy #12. And you must not have seen Nevada this year. They're bad to the bone. Literally. They'll fight you lol

smackdat014

Final
Bradley Boys: 52
Caddo Hills Bo's: 47

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2016, 04:01:52 pm
2 points away from state finals too.. But they don't have Sky Jackson. They'll miss him more than Bay will miss Watson. Plus they lost the boy that hit like 5 3s vs Emerson in Semis and they tall white boy #12. And you must not have seen Nevada this year. They're bad to the bone. Literally. They'll fight you lol
yeah I seen Kirby beat them with out smith at Kirby. I'm not taking anything away from them. I just guess I'm hoping for the same acorn team to show up. I just think coach Jackson won't go down with out a fight

smackdat014

Quote from: smackdat014 on February 25, 2016, 06:30:10 pm
Final[/u
Bradley Boys: 52
Caddo Hills Bo's: 47

Final was 59-52 sorry!! Bradley with the "W"

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2016, 06:31:38 pm
yeah I seen Kirby beat them with out smith at Kirby. I'm not taking anything away from them. I just guess I'm hoping for the same acorn team to show up. I just think coach Jackson won't go down with out a fight

I think that must be the game Whisenhunt had 45?

BannerChaser95

I believe it was 41, but I may be wrong. Kirby won in overtime.
They split the season tho with Nevada winning at home.

BannerChaser95

Nevada 21
Acorn 8.
End of the 1st. Now I remember why I don't play the lottery 😐😂

BannerChaser95

Halftime
Nevada 39
Acorn 20

Earlier girls game I just seen no one posted was caddo girl over trinity Christian 52-26 I think

PuddlePirate12

HorseFeathers

PuddlePirate12

PuddlePirate12

I picked all the first round games correctly ;D so I'll take

Girls
2. Acorn over 1. Emerson
1. Kirby over 3. Caddo

Boys
1. Emerson over 3. Bradley
2. Nevada over 1. Kirby (game of the day)

Kirby boys could win this but they'll have to play better than they did vs TC. Not that they played bad just not good enough to beat Nevada. Emerson vs Nevada IV

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 26, 2016, 01:39:49 am
I picked all the first round games correctly ;D so I'll take

Girls
2. Acorn over 1. Emerson
1. Kirby over 3. Caddo

Boys
1. Emerson over 3. Bradley
2. Nevada over 1. Kirby (game of the day)

Kirby boys could win this but they'll have to play better than they did vs TC. Not that they played bad just not good enough to beat Nevada. Emerson vs Nevada IV

I agree a very slight edge to Nevada, but the environment (and maybe refs) could favor Kirby.  How about the other two games of the day

Bay vs ICC girls
Nemo vs Wonderview girls

Predictions.......Bay and Nemo............which ever way these go somebody at state tournament is going to get a very touch draw from a 3 seed.

BannerChaser95

I dipped out at half. Had to get some sleep before work. Kirby holds there own fate in their hands tonight. If this game becomes a half court game, and a slower paced game Kirby can win with a good inside game and solid Defense. If this game gets rushed and Nevada can put enough pressure on the guards then I don't think Kirby will get this done. I'm really excited to watch this game. I don't think Bradley will be a push over either, Emerson needs to cross their t's and dot their I's but I think they win.

PuddlePirate12

Nevada kind of feeds off their fans. And I'm not sure they'll have enough willing to make that drive. If Kirby gets pumped up they'll be okay. If they have the lead going in to the fourth I can't see Nevada coming back. But Nevada wants a rematch with Emerson I'm sure. And those soft rims at Caddo (I love them) will be good for the shooters Nevada has. Kirby as well but Nevada will take a lot more long shots. Sometimes that soft rim will bounce a shot in. I shall be there but lack of service will keep me from updating. Will try to borrow someone's phone with service

BannerChaser95

Do to the fans also I wonder if they will be seated on the same side, I know Kirby will be home, but with Kirby girls playing caddo I figure both crowds will have their sides as usual. This boys game will be good either way!!

HorseFeathers

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on February 26, 2016, 04:46:25 pm
Acorn 36 Emerson 28 half

according to maxpreps Acorn 56 Emerson 50 final

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 05:24:56 pm
according to maxpreps Acorn 56 Emerson 50 final

So Acorn gets to get pounded by Kirby on Sat.........guess they are used to it though, being in same district

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas