• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 3 @ West Side, Greers Ferry

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Boys Bracket
Guy
West Side
Shirley
MVE

Finals--Guy over Shirley
Consolation---Westside over MVE

Girls
Wonderview
Nemo
Bradford
Concord

Finals---Nemo over Bradford
COnsolation--Wonderview over Concord

J.D.

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2016, 10:18:04 am
Boys Bracket
Guy
West Side
Shirley
MVE

Finals--Guy over Shirley
Consolation---Westside over MVE

Girls
Wonderview
Nemo
Bradford
Concord

Finals---Nemo over Bradford
COnsolation--Wonderview over Concord

All chalk.  Nice.

riccoar

So top 4 teams from each Regional move on to State?

HorseFeathers

BasketballNeverStops

Looking forward to some great matchups Thursday. West Side/Nemo and Sacred Heart/Concord in Girls, and West Side/Nemo and MVE/Concord in Boys. The Bradford/MVE Girls game Wednesday could be interesting.

Catfish

GIRLS:

Wonderview over SSSBB
Nemo Vista over WSGF
MVE over Bradford
Concord over Sacred Heart

Semi Finals:

Nemo Vista over Wonderview
Concord over MVE

Finals:

Nemo Vista over Concord

Consolation:

Wonderview over MVE

BOYS:

Guy over Bradford
WSGF over Nemo Vista
Shirley over Abundant Life
Concord over MVE

Semi Finals:

Guy over WSGF
Shirley over Concord

Finals:

Guy over Shirley

Consolation:

Concord over WSGF

I plan on being at every single game! Good luck to all the teams!!

riccoar

I won't get back up to GF from work in LR on Friday till about 4:30 but I'm going to try and make some games.

I just don't see WS girls stopping Nemo.  That's a must win for Nemo to make State and with the margin they lost to Bradford, not looking for it to be anywhere near close.

BeastieBoy13

Will anyone be able to upset Guy? I know it doesn't seem possible but no one probably saw Nemo girls being a 3 seed.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on February 23, 2016, 04:45:56 pm
Will anyone be able to upset Guy? I know it doesn't seem possible but no one probably saw Nemo girls being a 3 seed.

Shirley and MVE have both played them to within 10...

BeastieBoy13

I know in the first game of the year WSGF lost to Guy by 11 but like I said that was early in the year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on February 23, 2016, 05:10:58 pm
I know in the first game of the year WSGF lost to Guy by 11 but like I said that was early in the year.

The MVE game was recent....they did lose to guy by 35ish earler in the year though. Shirley's 9 pt game was in...December or January. They also lost a first matchup by 25 or so though.

ballmember

Boys

Guy
Nemo Vista
Shirley
Concord

Guy over Shirley in finals;   in consolation game Nemo Vista over Concord

girls

Wonderview
Nemo Vista
Bradford
Sacred Heart

Nemo Vista over Bradford in finals;  in consolation game Wonderview over Sacred Heart.

Catfish

Early in the year Concord was up on Guy by 10 in the 2nd quarter. I can't remember how much they ended up getting beat by though. Concords also beat Shirley once this year. So if concord can get past MVE the semi finals game should be interesting.

HorseFeathers

Catfish

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2016, 06:37:47 pm
Concord lost that one by 22

Oh dang lol its post season though baby! "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEE!"

tacomeat

Quote from: ballmember on February 23, 2016, 06:10:16 pm
Boys

Guy
Nemo Vista
Shirley
Concord

Guy over Shirley in finals;   in consolation game Nemo Vista over Concord

girls

Wonderview
Nemo Vista
Bradford
Sacred Heart

Nemo Vista over Bradford in finals;  in consolation game Wonderview over Sacred Heart.

This

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Wonderview 53 south side new branch 24 final

J.D.

Thunderbird88

tacomeat

HorseFeathers

playhard

Shirley will probably play Guy in the regional finals...Would like to see Shirley upset Guy.... but don't think it will happen I think Guy probably wins buy 15

BasketballNeverStops

Final in Sr. Girls
Bradford-56
MVE-42
Bradford punches their ticket to state for the first time in quite a while.

tacomeat

Quote from: HF on February 24, 2016, 06:38:52 pm
Really??
I've been wrong before, but I if Shirley plays like they did last week they'll be able to slow them down a little & Guy doesn't play much D at all after seeing them. Just feel they match up well enough athletically & shoot it better than Guy.

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

February 24, 2016, 09:02:24 pm #28 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:09:39 pm by BasketballNeverStops
End of First Half
Shirley-21
Abundant-21
Both teams have missed a TON of chippers.

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Catfish

Quote from: HF on February 24, 2016, 06:38:52 pm
Really??

I agree completely. Guy is NO WHERE NEAR what I expected them to be. Any team that can play some defense and block out will beat them. Tonight was my first night watching them and honestly.. I wasn't impressed at all. Yes they're extremely athletic! But they play ZERO defense. And the way they conduct themselves is pretty awful. They could definitely still win the region, but I really don't think they can win state. JUST MY OPINION!!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Catfish on February 24, 2016, 10:34:57 pm
I agree completely. Guy is NO WHERE NEAR what I expected them to be. Any team that can play some defense and block out will beat them. Tonight was my first night watching them and honestly.. I wasn't impressed at all. Yes they're extremely athletic! But they play ZERO defense. And the way they conduct themselves is pretty awful. They could definitely still win the region, but I really don't think they can win state. JUST MY OPINION!!

Sounds good to me lol

PuddlePirate12

Seems like they would've played a team with defense by now

Catfish

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 24, 2016, 11:37:36 pm
Seems like they would've played a team with defense by now

You would think so! They played Bradford tonight, which isn't very good at all, and got rebound, after rebound until they scored. They missed TONS of shots. And Bradford was pulling up from 3 every time town the floor when it was a 5 on 3. They can definitely be beat. I just wasn't impressed at all.

PuddlePirate12

Bradford sounds like TC. Got a 6'10" and won't even let him get down the court before they throw some crap up lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on February 24, 2016, 10:34:57 pm

Have you watched 1a ball lately? Bay and maybe emerson are the only two that have a chance against guy, on paper anyway

Ice Water

I think County Line would be a bad matchup for Guy. Not saying Guy isn't still the clear favorite, but that CL could give them issues if they were to meet next week.

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on February 25, 2016, 06:59:59 am
Have you watched 1a ball lately? Bay and maybe emerson are the only two that have a chance against guy, on paper anyway

I may be wrong, but don't be fooled.  In years past I've seen Guy play the "unconventional" style before, against certain competition, but when they play very good teams Hutchcraft will reign things in, play more defense and can play a half court, more controlled game.  I haven't seen them play this year, but from what I have read, if they play the loose, , less controlled, little defense style against Emerson or Bay, Kirby, CL they could  lose. But I don't think they would play that style against that level of competition.  I may be wrong.

gamechanger11

Got Guy and Concord in finals and that is a pickem. Agree that guy MAY be over rated but it seems this is what they do muck it up against bad teams and play they way they should in big games.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 25, 2016, 08:06:10 am
I may be wrong, but don't be fooled.  In years past I've seen Guy play the "unconventional" style before, against certain competition, but when they play very good teams Hutchcraft will reign things in, play more defense and can play a half court, more controlled game.  I haven't seen them play this year, but from what I have read, if they play the loose, , less controlled, little defense style against Emerson or Bay, Kirby, CL they could  lose. But I don't think they would play that style against that level of competition.  I may be wrong.

Emerson has been known to do this in years past. It's easy to get in the habit of playing lazy. Come out lazy for just a half quarter or less against a good team and they've already got a 10 point lead. And if all it takes is defense to beat them they don't want to play Kirby. Kirby's got defense for sure. But even with good defense idk if Kirby can score with them.

Catfish

Y'all might be right. They only time I seen them play was last night against a bad team. I just hate the way guy carries themselves. I'm going for anyone but guy lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2016, 10:06:40 am
Emerson has been known to do this in years past. It's easy to get in the habit of playing lazy. Come out lazy for just a half quarter or less against a good team and they've already got a 10 point lead. And if all it takes is defense to beat them they don't want to play Kirby. Kirby's got defense for sure. But even with good defense idk if Kirby can score with them.

Kirby doesnt have a guard that can stay with guys pg...

PuddlePirate12

They got one that can lock revels down. Only time revels does anything is on fast break or if he can get that little guard in foul trouble. From what I've heard Ballard and Revels play a lot a like. That little dude from Kirby will get all up in his business. I'm guessing Ballard is the pg? If not then you may be right. But I would guess the the smith boy has some solid one on one defense being the coaches son

PuddlePirate12

Honestly I hope nobody beats guy and of course I don't want anyone to beat Emerson. If I was a completely unbiased fan I think I'd have to pull for a state finals between 40-0 GP and 35-0 Emerson. That would be awesome haha. I mean how many Arkansas basketball state finals have been between two undefeated teams? 1a boys at that!

J.D.

Quote from: HF on February 25, 2016, 11:49:01 am
Kirby doesnt have a guard that can stay with guys pg...

Yeah, but at the 1A level it's hard to find a guard that can. At least Kirby's guards wouldn't turn it over, which is something Guy feeds off of. 

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2016, 12:31:33 pm
They got one that can lock revels down. Only time revels does anything is on fast break or if he can get that little guard in foul trouble. From what I've heard Ballard and Revels play a lot a like. That little dude from Kirby will get all up in his business. I'm guessing Ballard is the pg? If not then you may be right. But I would guess the the smith boy has some solid one on one defense being the coaches son

Ballard is not the PG.   

Guy's PG is not really comparable to Revels.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2016, 12:31:33 pm
#3 Stewart will know what kind of gum that boy chewed 3 hours before tip off. He's either shut down the player, or fouled trying.  #2 smith coaches kid can play pretty good D. Kirbys defense is what beat Blevins by 20 two weeks ago

RedWolf275

Quote from: Catfish on February 25, 2016, 10:57:14 am
Y'all might be right. They only time I seen them play was last night against a bad team. I just hate the way guy carries themselves. I'm going for anyone but guy lol

Even Bay Catfish?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2016, 01:07:35 pm
#3 Stewart will know what kind of gum that boy chewed 3 hours before tip off. He's either shut down the player, or fouled trying.  #2 smith coaches kid can play pretty good D. Kirbys defense is what beat Blevins by 20 two weeks ago

Ole Bo will get down with anyone. I'm for real I've never seen anyone do Revels the way he does. He's about, what? 5'6" at the most? There was times he was holding TC 6'10" last night. Yeah he could shoot over him but it's gonna be hard to jump with him in your shorts. And he really doesn't foul. It'll be the 4th quarter before he gets in trouble with revels. So he will shut him down the first 3. He plays some good defense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas