• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on 1A Girls for 2015-16

Started by Moonshiner, August 31, 2015, 10:19:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

StateChamps09

Umm I don't believe the guy thing is correct, lol we went 4 or 5 years in a row; never three peated...one two lost one two then didn't even make state...

TheOfficial

November 12, 2015, 10:38:53 pm #101 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:41:22 pm by TheOfficial
Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 12, 2015, 12:02:34 pm
Bay girls are getting better and may be there. They lost Flippin by 1 their second game and Maramduke beat them on a 3 at the buzzer but they have wins over 3a Corning at Corning by 12, Riverside by 21, and they beat Jasper. If they continue to improve they should be in the Regional final and could make a run in state. They're a very young team with 3 freshmen who can score and a senior that can light it up.

Flippin girls are one of the weakest teams in the state.  With that said, no way Bay gets there!

Silky Johnson

November 12, 2015, 11:15:44 pm #102 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:20:30 pm by Silky Johnson
Oh I know bay was up 13-0 to begin the game and blew the lead with a minute left. Btw they barely had a team and made state last year playing close games in regionals. Considering it was the second game of the year they had a lot of room to improve. I hope ICC and Norfork underestimate them come playoff time.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 12, 2015, 11:15:44 pm
Oh I know bay was up 13-0 to begin the game and blew the lead with a minute left. Btw they barely had a team and made state last year playing close games in regionals. Considering it was the second game of the year they had a lot of room to improve. I hope ICC and Norfork underestimate them come playoff time.

ICC might.  I doubt Norfork will.  They only beat Bay by 2 last year and their All state guard is out this year.

BigLion10

Does anybody know anything on Caddo Hills, are they good? We play them Monday is why I'm asking in the Pulaski robinson tournament

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 14, 2015, 11:15:10 pm
Does anybody know anything on Caddo Hills, are they good? We play them Monday is why I'm asking in the Pulaski robinson tournament

Y'all probably won't have any issues with them

BigLion10

Robinson tournament
Nemo Vista 30
Sylvan Hills 18
half
Winner plays england Thursday night at 7:30

BigLion10

Nemo beats sylvan hills.
England vs Nemo Vista Thursday night at 7:30

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 16, 2015, 08:59:48 pm
Nemo beats sylvan hills.
England vs Nemo Vista Thursday night at 7:30

Terrible scheduling....Should play on Saturday instead 8)..

HawgBall06

November 17, 2015, 12:33:53 am #109 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:35:55 am by HawgBall06
Quote from: BigLion10 on November 14, 2015, 11:15:10 pm

How did it go? 

NM, I found the score.

BigLion10

Big game tonight at Pulaski robinson between Nemo - Vista and England at 7:30

BigLion10

Great game so far
NV 24
England 23
Half

BigLion10

Oldref

Bay sr girls move to 9-2 with 76-37 win over Manila tonight.

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Yes we played real sloppy they played good and jumped out to a big lead and never looked back

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 19, 2015, 09:17:56 pm
Yes we played real sloppy they played good and jumped out to a big lead and never looked back
Quote from: BigLion10 on November 19, 2015, 09:17:56 pm

They aren't back-to-back 1A Champs for nothing

BigLion10

Thechosen1

Bay Sr girls are to not be overlooked. They are playing well and will only get better

LHHC

Quote from: Thechosen1 on November 19, 2015, 10:39:56 pm
Bay Sr girls are to not be overlooked. They are playing well and will only get better

Lol

WPWells

Silky Johnson

Bay sr girls beat Manila tonight 76-37 @ Manila

BoxNOne

Nice win for Bay. Not surprised they won but am surprised by the 39 point margin.

Oldref

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2015, 10:51:46 pm
NV three-peat

No doubt they are the team to beat!!! The rest of us are trying to get to their level. I only saw them play twice last year but was impressed with them. So who else is out there with a chance?

My top five starts with NV then I think the next four or five are all good teams and hard to rank who is actually 2-5. The rest of my five is (no order) Kirby, Bay, ICC, and Wonderview after they move their Jr high up. Jasper  could also be in the mix in my opinion.

J.D.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Caddo Hills Senior Girls should hang in there pretty well this year, but their Junior High has some very talented girls who are used to winning, it's habitual. Their 9th grade PF has already met Jimmy Dykes and has a wonderful future. She also has a couple of younger sisters who will be coming up too. Look for Caddo girls to win state in a couple of years.

Oldref

Bay Sr girls won the Williams Baptist Tournament last week. Beat Maynard, Marmaduke and Pocahontas in the finals. They are now 14-2.  Have more tough games coming up.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on December 06, 2015, 08:10:14 am
Bay Sr girls won the Williams Baptist Tournament last week. Beat Maynard, Marmaduke and Pocahontas in the finals. They are now 14-2.  Have more tough games coming up.

Congrats to the Lady Jackets on their WBC championship, Pokey is picked to win our district in 4a this year. I would have liked to have seen that game.

Oldref

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 06, 2015, 08:36:05 am

Congrats to the Lady Jackets on their WBC championship, Pokey is picked to win our district in 4a this year. I would have liked to have seen that game.

Thanks Olfan.......Poky is huge and really talented. They Jumped out on Bay in the first quarter by 10 but Bay hit 7 threes in the second quarter to take a 5 point lead at the half. Ended up winning 59-52. Good game to watch.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on December 06, 2015, 09:21:26 am

Thanks Olfan.......Poky is huge and really talented. They Jumped out on Bay in the first quarter by 10 but Bay hit 7 threes in the second quarter to take a 5 point lead at the half. Ended up winning 59-52. Good game to watch.

7 treys in a game is impressive , 7 in a qtr is really impressive !!
Brookland lost a lot from last year , and we are down 3 players to injury so coach Baltz is having to piece our team together this year. Hoping to get Gamling back late January and try and make a little run at the end of season. Some Sophs are getting some good experience on the floor. That should help out latter down the road.

RedWolf275

I think the Bay girls will be a factor come 1A state tournament time. Probably can't handle Nemo (who can), but if the bracket falls right they could make a deep run.

Oldref

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 06, 2015, 09:44:13 am
Quote from: Oldref on December 06, 2015, 09:21:26 am

7 treys in a game is impressive , 7 in a qtr is really impressive !!
Brookland lost a lot from last year , and we are down 3 players to injury so coach Baltz is having to piece our team together this year. Hoping to get Gamling back late January and try and make a little run at the end of season. Some Sophs are getting some good experience on the floor. That should help out latter down the road.
Hate to hear about anyone getting injured and missing playing time. Love to see them all able to play. Bay boys dealing with that right now. Hope the Lady  Bearcats get them all back soon.

Lots of good young players in NEA girls teams now.......maybe as many as I remember in a long time. Bay starting 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores and one senior. Have a jr and another freshman contributing off the bench. They also have three more freshmen that will move up and help after the jr season is over. They are really young so anything can happen but they are off to a good start.

Oldref

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 06, 2015, 10:15:09 am

I think the Bay girls will be a factor come 1A state tournament time. Probably can't handle Nemo (who can), but if the bracket falls right they could make a deep run.

I agree Nemo is definitely the team to beat!!! The rest of us are just trying to move closer to that level in the future. After Nemo there are several teams that could make a run if they are healthy and playing well come tournament time. Bay is playing a tough schedule so hopefully that will help.

Oldref

Bay Sr girls moved to 16-2 tonight with a 62-41 win over EPC.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Oldref on December 11, 2015, 11:28:00 pm

I think that Bay Sr girls are kind of like all the boys teams last year.  No matter how good you were or how well you played everybody was looking up at Bay Sr Boys.  Sounds like the same for all the Sr girls teams this year looking up at Nemo and knowing that the inevitable will happen.  Nemo will win it all.

Easy

How did the NV\Riverview game turnout in the Cabot tournament last night?

Easy

Found score: Riverview 51-40 over Nemo vista

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Easy on December 12, 2015, 08:44:24 am
Found score: Riverview 51-40 over Nemo vista
Believe that's nnemos first loss of the year

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Riverview is favored to win the 4A state title again.
Very good girls team,with extreamly quick guards.

Thechosen1

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 12, 2015, 07:53:13 am
Quote from: Oldref on December 11, 2015, 11:28:00 pm

I think that Bay Sr girls are kind of like all the boys teams last year.  No matter how good you were or how well you played everybody was looking up at Bay Sr Boys.  Sounds like the same for all the Sr girls teams this year looking up at Nemo and knowing that the inevitable will happen.  Nemo will win it all.

I'm just giving the girls credit. They beat a good epc girls team with a D1 player in  vornes. Bay girls are young and are playing good winning 13 straight games. Nemo is good but the best can be beaten on any given night by anyone all it takes is not showing up.

BoxNOne

Bay girls will definitely be a factor in 1A state. They are well coached and have two really good players plus others that can come up big on any given night. They are a little small overall but make up for it with scrappiness. I saw where ICC lost to Pocahontas by nine tonight. Bay owns a five point win over Pokey.

teachers pet

Interesting games this weekend. Both Nemo vista and Kirby girls play 3-A power Jessieville.

Thechosen1

Bay girls over riverside 56-26 @riverside

Oldref

Quote from: Thechosen1 on December 14, 2015, 08:39:12 pm

Good win for Bay Lady Jackets.......if my math is correct they held Riverside to 9 points in the second half. Good defensive effort. 17-2 now and travel to Flippin this weekend to play Cedar Ridge Friday and Drew Central Saturday.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on December 14, 2015, 09:56:20 pm

Good win for Bay Lady Jackets.......if my math is correct they held Riverside to 9 points in the second half. Good defensive effort. 17-2 now and travel to Flippin this weekend to play Cedar Ridge Friday and Drew Central Saturday.

Good win!!'

BoxNOne

Quote from: Oldref on December 14, 2015, 09:56:20 pm

Oldref, good defense and bad offense is how you hold a team to nine points in a half. Total domination by the Lady Yellowjackets.

NEArkie

12-15-15
ICC Lady Cougars defeat Viola 47-11

HorseFeathers

Any one else making the trek to jessieville this weekend? Nemo and Kirby will both be down there...

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Oldref on November 20, 2015, 09:46:40 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 19, 2015, 10:51:46 pm
NV three-peat

No doubt they are the team to beat!!! The rest of us are trying to get to their level. I only saw them play twice last year but was impressed with them. So who else is out there with a chance?

My top five starts with NV then I think the next four or five are all good teams and hard to rank who is actually 2-5. The rest of my five is (no order) Kirby, Bay, ICC, and Wonderview after they move their Jr high up. Jasper  could also be in the mix in my opinion.

Caddo Beat Kirby, does that drop Kirby out, or get Caddo in?

teachers pet

I'll be posting scores of the Jessieville tournament on the 3-a forum.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas