• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on 1A Girls for 2015-16

Started by Moonshiner, August 31, 2015, 10:19:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

Just trying to get some discussion going.  It's early in the preseason.  Kids are running laps and getting in shape.  Who are the girls teams that will compete in Class A and also beat some of the bigger schools?

Basketballfan13

Nemo, ICC, Bay, Kirby and possibly Wonderview would be teams I would be looking to have a great year.

Thechosen1

Bay girls are gonna be a handful they have 7 or 8 solid players that can go with 2 really good ones. ICC better watch out come regional time.

RedWolf275

Besides Ferguson who is good, who is the other one?

Silky Johnson

Bay moved up most of their Freshman class. They could be 9-10 deep off of that.

Thechosen1

Whitlee Layne is a really good freshman, Mallory Hartley can go too. The whole freshman class is loaded

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on August 31, 2015, 12:41:31 pm
Nemo, ICC, Bay, Kirby and possibly Wonderview would be teams I would be looking to have a great year.

I bet wonderview will be there by the end of the year...

Moonshiner

Norfork girls will be solid again this year from that conference.  From the 1E I'm thinking Jasper will be back but took some hits from graduation.  Western Grove has a new coach but their best guard moved away. I've heard that Omaha might surprise some folks.
Kingston girls will still be tough but lost several good players

J.D.

Basketballfan13

I'll pick Bay to possibly pull an upset on ICC in the Regional finals and Norfork to finish third in that region...possibly Calico coming in 4th? Omaha is going to be much improved this year. I watched them play a few times in camp, they play hard and have a few scorers. They won't be able to beat the better teams but are definitely heading in the right direction.

Silky Johnson

Wonderview has the coaching to be there every year.

Moonshiner

What do the Kirby girls have this year?

Thechosen1

I have a feeling bay girls will be right there in the mix

J.D.

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 01, 2015, 09:07:09 am

Kirby girls are solid every single year.  Coaching/talent is always there. 

J.D.

Quote from: Thechosen1 on September 01, 2015, 09:13:01 am
I have a feeling bay girls will be right there in the mix

I might have to check them out at some point in time this year. 

BigLion10

I'll get a glimpse at wonderview early on in the season

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 01, 2015, 07:58:45 pm
I'll get a glimpse at wonderview early on in the season

Wouldn't put to much on that game...they'll be really young this year...

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Isn't that the same question we ask every year...seems like they graduate the entire team every May...yet they are in the semi finals every year

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on September 01, 2015, 10:29:08 pm

Isn't that the same question we ask every year...seems like they graduate the entire team every May...yet they are in the semi finals every year

Very true.  Their boys and girls are state tournament tough every year.

Mamba13

Jasper girls will be very tough look for them to make a deep run!

Moonshiner

Quote from: Mamba13 on September 09, 2015, 11:19:05 pm
Jasper girls will be very tough look for them to make a deep run!

What all did they lose from last years team?  They were huge last year but not that strong at the guard spot

Silky Johnson

I agree they did seem like a very big and tall team and they battled 3 1/2 quarters.

Basketballfan13

Jasper lost their best post and another tall post. They will still have some size though and a couple of good guards. One of their guards were out most of last year injured and is back playing. They wont be as good as last year but will still be a tough team in 1A

Mamba13

They gain two good sophomores from an undefeated junior high team last year.

Mamba13

BasketballNeverStops

1A 2-South
Concord: Mix of experience and youth (2 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophomores) Move-in senior from Pangburn. Very athletic bunch.
West Side: Lost two leading scorers to graduation, who's spots will be difficult to replace.
Bee Branch: Also lost leading scorer to graduation.
Bradford: Returning All-State guard for senior year, roster size is usually down but could be higher this season.
Rural Special: New coach, team should be rather young I believe.
Shirley: New coach, but expecting similar results from seasons past.
Timbo: Don't believe anything is new.

Should be a three horse race between Concord, West Side, and either Bradford or Bee Branch. Sorry for not being very descriptive, I am just going off of what little I know.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on September 14, 2015, 08:30:09 am
1A 2-South
Concord: Mix of experience and youth (2 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophomores) Move-in senior from Pangburn. Very athletic bunch.
West Side: Lost two leading scorers to graduation, who's spots will be difficult to replace.
Bradford: Returning All-State guard for senior year, roster size is usually down but could be higher this season.

Should be a three horse race between Concord, West Side, and either Bradford or Bee Branch. Sorry for not being very descriptive, I am just going off of what little I know.

Any of them have a chance to be competitive with nemo and wonderview?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: HF on September 14, 2015, 04:24:14 pm
Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on September 14, 2015, 08:30:09 am
1A 2-South

Any of them have a chance to be competitive with nemo and wonderview?
I think if Concord really buckles down this year there is a good possibility.

Thechosen1

1. Nemo
2. Kirby
3. Bay
4. ICC
5. Wonderview
That's my top 5. Kirby and bay could switch just depends on when season rolls around

Moonshiner

Quote from: Thechosen1 on September 14, 2015, 10:35:31 pm
1. Nemo
2. Kirby
3. Bay
4. ICC
5. Wonderview
That's my top 5. Kirby and bay could switch just depends on when season rolls around

Bays freshman are that good? To be mentioned as a possible #2 in state?  They lost last year in the regional semis to Norfork and Norfork has all but one back.  Plus they will move up a good guard in post season.

Thechosen1

September 14, 2015, 10:52:09 pm #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:54:49 pm by Thechosen1
Yes. I believe so. Bay started playing good after they moved up the two freshman from last year and made a good run, now they move up 3 good guards that are freshman this season with the best player back and another good post and two sophomores. They went 32-2 in Jr high last year losing to GCT twice. Coach Watson does a great job with them. They are about 9 deep if not more. I believe a lot of people will be surprised.

Moonshiner

That'll be a pretty tough region I think. Everybody knows what ICC has.  I think Norfork will be just as tough.  They have good guards and a 6'2" that plays anywhere on the floor.  Bay sounds tough too.  Should make for  some good girls basketball

Thechosen1

They beat Norfork last year in regionals then lost to viola in semis.

Thechosen1

I'm looking forward to it that region is usually always tough.

Thechosen1

Bays youth is def a question that will be answered, I still expect them to be tough this year.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Thechosen1 on September 14, 2015, 10:52:09 pm
Yes. I believe so. Bay started playing good after they moved up the two freshman from last year and made a good run, now they move up 3 good guards that are freshman this season with the best player back and another good post and two sophomores. They went 32-2 in Jr high last year losing to GCT twice. Coach Watson does a great job with them. They are about 9 deep if not more. I believe a lot of people will be surprised.

Unless my eyes deceived me, I watched Riverside jr girls beat Bay last season. Bay had won an earlier meeting. Also pretty sure Maynard beat Bay in the jr district finals last year. Bay had beaten them three or four times earlier in the season.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BoxNOne on September 15, 2015, 08:28:29 am

Unless my eyes deceived me, I watched Riverside jr girls beat Bay last season. Bay had won an earlier meeting. Also pretty sure Maynard beat Bay in the jr district finals last year. Bay had beaten them three or four times earlier in the season.

Bays jr girls were really good last year and will make a huge impact on the sr high team this year...but I do believe you are correct. I know Maynard  beat them in district finals and I'm pretty sure you're right about riverside pulling the upset too.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Thechosen1 on September 14, 2015, 10:58:40 pm
They beat Norfork last year in regionals then lost to viola in semis.

Norfork beat Bay by 2 in the semifinals.  ICC beat Norfork in the finals of the regional.  I was there.

Thechosen1

You all are correct. My bad, regardless I still think Bay will have a good team this year and the freshman will be a big help and they should have a good run at state.

Moonshiner

It's ok.  You had me questioning myself honestly if I was remembering correctly. Sounds like they (Bay) have a chance to be really good.

Oldref

Quote from: BoxNOne on September 15, 2015, 08:28:29 am

Yes Box your eyes were correct. Bay Jr girls finished 32-4 I think. They lost to Nettleton in the finals of the Bay Jr tournament by 2 I think. Lost to GCT by a few point at Tech. Lost to Riverside at Bay and to Maynard in finals of district at Maynard. Won two tournaments and the conference. Finished Runner up in the Bay Jr Tournament and District Tournament.

NWA Hawg

How do you play 34 Jr High games? I don't think Bay's senior boys who won the state championship played but 35 or 36.

Thechosen1

Well with the Sr girls not playing half the year, coach Watson scheduled a lot of jr girls games lol

Backboard Shattered

I snifficate some cheatificating.  Wait it's just bay

Thechosen1

Oldref

Quote from: fann07 on September 15, 2015, 10:10:02 am
How do you play 34 Jr High games? I don't think Bay's senior boys who won the state championship played but 35 or 36.
Bay sr boys finished 40-5 in 2015

Oldref

September 15, 2015, 12:24:03 pm #47 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:25:34 pm by Oldref
Quote from: fann07 on September 15, 2015, 10:10:02 am
[/quot
All you have to do is start early and be good enough to make the finals of every tournament you play in.

Bluekatz12

Are Bay Jr Girls gonna play a full season of Sr High or just wait till the district tournament starts to begin their season??

BasketballNeverStops

Should be another great year for Region 3. Last 2 state finals have included Region 3 teams and when you combine boys and girls state final appearances it's been 4 straight for Region 3. (2012 Wonderview, 2013 Concord,  2014 Concord, Nemo, and both Wonderview teams, 2015 Nemo and Wonderview.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas