• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

next years 4aa girls

Started by AF&B, March 21, 2006, 07:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelReb

FWIW?
Quote from: HoopDreams on August 11, 2006, 05:29:12 pm
Quote from: Scorpion on August 11, 2006, 12:52:57 pm
I am doing my homework, Boogerhead. I'm not from Danville and I don't know any of those girls. That's why I asked.

I have to say I busted out when I read someone used the word "Boogerhead"
Good info scattered here and there in this thread FWIW.

wonderboys

For What It's Worth

Hold the presses, Hold the presses, Ramey MAY NOT be gone for this year after all. There are still a lot of things up in the air.

ColonelReb

wonderboys...i didn't happen to see you yesterday did i? you didn't even wanna say hi. such a shame. anyway...WHOA! has our luck returned? where did you hear this?!
Quote from: wonderboys on August 13, 2006, 11:32:48 pm
For What It's Worth

Hold the presses, Hold the presses, Ramey MAY NOT be gone for this year after all. There are still a lot of things up in the air.

unleasheddad

As long as Ramey is on the team, they CAN be very good, especially if she can learn to control her temper and not let little things get to her and take her out of her game. My money's on the Lady LJ's and I think they have an excellent chance to win it all this year, even w/o the seniors that they lost to graduation. They may even be better...........

wonderboys

Well I don't think that the Lady Johns are ready for the Carlisle team that I saw last year, but I am sure that everyone in D-town appreciates the support from an old rival. Youth will hurt them, but it is hard to beat just plain good skill.

kijex13

Quote from: wonderboys on August 15, 2006, 10:08:31 pm
Well I don't think that the Lady Johns are ready for the Carlisle team that I saw last year, but I am sure that everyone in D-town appreciates the support from an old rival. Youth will hurt them, but it is hard to beat just plain good skill.

Danville should be pretty tough, but I'm with you.  I think Carlisle should be the team to beat in AA girls this year.  They have a ton of talent coming back from last year.

ColonelReb

carlisle was pretty stacked. it might get ugly. carlisle taking the championship? only time will tell
Quote from: kijex on August 15, 2006, 10:39:40 pm
Quote from: wonderboys on August 15, 2006, 10:08:31 pm

Danville should be pretty tough, but I'm with you.  I think Carlisle should be the team to beat in AA girls this year.  They have a ton of talent coming back from last year.

wonderboys

Carlisle has at least 3 girls that could play D2 or better, and the three that I am speaking of are 2 Jrs. and 1 Sophmore. That is a pretty good squad.

ColonelReb

good gosh. that's potent
Quote from: wonderboys on August 24, 2006, 08:56:03 pm
Carlisle has at least 3 girls that could play D2 or better, and the three that I am speaking of are 2 Jrs. and 1 Sophmore. That is a pretty good squad.

wonderboys

you're potent, how are the clubs swinging?

kijex13

Inman and Cohen I assume are two of the girls that you are talking about.  Who is the other Junior? 

ColonelReb

shot a 36 in our first match. low medalist :)
Quote from: wonderboys on August 24, 2006, 09:10:08 pm
you're potent, how are the clubs swinging?

wonderboys

Quote from: kijex on August 24, 2006, 10:43:33 pm

Inman and Cohen I assume are two of the girls that you are talking about.  Who is the other Junior? 

Isn't there a Jr. that is 6'3? That is the one that I was talking about. But I am just basing that on 1 game from the state tourney.

kijex13

Quote from: wonderboys on August 27, 2006, 09:32:30 pm
Quote from: kijex on August 24, 2006, 10:43:33 pm

Isn't there a Jr. that is 6'3? That is the one that I was talking about. But I am just basing that on 1 game from the state tourney.

They have a girl that is about 6'1 or maybe 6'2 that is a junior this year.  She could end up being a D2 college player, but she has some work to do yet in my opinion.

wonderboys

So is Cohen the girl that was a freshman last year that played with them in state? Because that is the 3rd player that I was referring to.

kijex13

Quote from: wonderboys on August 29, 2006, 10:37:30 am
So is Cohen the girl that was a freshman last year that played with them in state? Because that is the 3rd player that I was referring to.

Yes, Cohen is the girl that was the freshman last year.

ColonelReb

i take it she's premiere then?
Quote from: kijex on August 29, 2006, 09:38:21 pm
Quote from: wonderboys on August 29, 2006, 10:37:30 am

Yes, Cohen is the girl that was the freshman last year.

wonderboys

If I remember correctly, she was about 6'2 or 6'3 and came in for the afore mention 6'1 or 6'2 girl that started.

ColonelReb

good gosh. why isn't she in the WNBA already?!
Quote from: wonderboys on August 31, 2006, 07:38:26 am
If I remember correctly, she was about 6'2 or 6'3 and came in for the afore mention 6'1 or 6'2 girl that started.

wonderboys

because she can't shoot like you can

ColonelReb

not to be conceited or anything...but can anyone ;)
Quote from: wonderboys on August 31, 2006, 07:40:45 am
because she can't shoot like you can

MIAMI_CANES

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ColonelReb

yeah i got a good laugh out of it too...probably not that drastic though.

COURT Reporter

Re: next years 4aa girls, I hear that there will be a lot of suprised folks in the conf. about the Western Yell Sr Girls. This is their first yr in a new conf. Saw one thread where someone had put them at 2nd behind Danville which is very realistic, from what I hear they are serious contenders for 1st. The Danville sophomores everyone seems so impressed with are the same group that barely beat the WYC sophomore group in last years Ola Invitational (by 4 pts) and Yell county Tournament (by 3 pts) finals games. And this was without WYC's big  post girl who tore up her knee or something in the Ola Tourn and was out for the season. I hear that WYC has 3 for sure awesome sophomores, 1 a very aggressive post (broke someone's wrists last year) and 2 very quick guards that can hit from bout anywhere outside AND penetrate. Supposedly 2 of these girls are sisters (must be twins cuz they're the same age) since West. Yell is new, has anyone else heard n e thing? Maybe someone from Magazine since I think they had a camp with Western Yell sometime this summer......

wonderboys

That big post girl that was out last year is only a ninth grader this year, so she is a non-factor. The Ola game was a very good game, Reagan of Western Yell was nearly unstoppable. However, the 3 point win in the Yell County Tournament final was a little misleading. That game could have easily been MUCH MUCH worse. I believe that I heard a parent say that Danville's 6''1 post girl, or maybe even the team as a whole shot 27%. And that was with the post taking about 25-30 shots. I remember feeling sorry for her, she was able to get the ball at point blank range any time she wanted and she just couldn't score.

I am the one that put WYC at 2nd in the conference, and I won't go anything above that. They may finish lower, but being fellow county mates I thought I would give them a vote of confidence.

ColonelReb

they WILL NOT finish 1st in the 4AA that is certain! wyc does NOT have the talent to beat danville. that was them as 9th graders. now they've moved up and they'll be playin against a very stout post player, Anna Garza, and she will pwn anyone who wants to go at her down low. jessica harris. she'll be a threat this year too. 2 girls 6' 0" or better...i'll take my chances

man2man

What holiday tournaments do the 4aa girls play in?

ColonelReb

depends on which teams you're talking about. other than that...only 2 of the 4aa teams play in one together that i'm for sure of...and that's the Yell County Tournament.
Quote from: man2man on September 09, 2006, 03:22:13 pm
What holiday tournaments do the 4aa girls play in?

RATTLER43

Quote from: COURT Reporter on September 07, 2006, 10:14:04 am
Re: next years 4aa girls, I hear that there will be a lot of suprised folks in the conf. about the Western Yell Sr Girls. This is their first yr in a new conf. Saw one thread where someone had put them at 2nd behind Danville which is very realistic, from what I hear they are serious contenders for 1st. The Danville sophomores everyone seems so impressed with are the same group that barely beat the WYC sophomore group in last years Ola Invitational (by 4 pts) and Yell county Tournament (by 3 pts) finals games. And this was without WYC's big  post girl who tore up her knee or something in the Ola Tourn and was out for the season. I hear that WYC has 3 for sure awesome sophomores, 1 a very aggressive post (broke someone's wrists last year) and 2 very quick guards that can hit from bout anywhere outside AND penetrate. Supposedly 2 of these girls are sisters (must be twins cuz they're the same age) since West. Yell is new, has anyone else heard n e thing? Maybe someone from Magazine since I think they had a camp with Western Yell sometime this summer......

I, too, have them picked one-two with Danville having a slight edge. Anything can happen. Will have to see who put in the summer time and improved more. Looking forward to a great season in the 4AA. I saw the WYC girls this summer. Talent is there, but will take a little while to gel.

MIAMI_CANES

danville and its sophmores are way better so its gonna be danville in the drivers seat all year.

wonderboys

Look for J C Westside to come from the shadows this year. The whole conference will be decent. I don't think that ANYONE is guaranteed to steam-roll through this conference this year.

Ballhawker

But what about come Region time?  Can Danville, WYC, and the rest of the 4aa hang with Poyen, Cutter, and Jessieville!!  Last year, Jville dominated the Region with Ark.Baptist, Perryville, ect.  Can they do it again, or will Danville or someone else from the North take a shot at it?  Should be interesting come Feb.

wonderboys

I agree that it should be interesting. I believe that it will be a dog fight for everyone once regionals start.

ColonelReb

exactly. look at perryville. and ark baptist. they weren't GREAT teams. i mean cmon.
Quote from: Ballhawker on September 12, 2006, 10:03:00 am
But what about come Region time?  Can Danville, WYC, and the rest of the 4aa hang with Poyen, Cutter, and Jessieville!!  Last year, Jville dominated the Region with Ark.Baptist, Perryville, ect.  Can they do it again, or will Danville or someone else from the North take a shot at it?  Should be interesting come Feb.

Scorpion

I think you have to put Hackett in the mix, too.

Ballhawker

True, Boog, Perryville and Ark.Bap. were not GREAT teams, but they were very good.  I don't think any one team in this region (5AA-North/5AA-South) will win the state this year, but the best Region Final matchup will be Danville vs. Jessieville.  I think these two teams are "potentially" great teams, but neither will beat Carlisle.  I think Jville and Carlisle meet up again this year at Carlisle, so I guess we'll find out then. 

HoopDreams

I was wondering if anyone knew how the new conferences would be matched up for regionals this year?

COURT Reporter

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on September 08, 2006, 04:09:10 pm
they WILL NOT finish 1st in the 4AA that is certain! wyc does NOT have the talent to beat danville. that was them as 9th graders. now they've moved up and they'll be playin against a very stout post player, Anna Garza, and she will pwn anyone who wants to go at her down low. jessica harris. she'll be a threat this year too. 2 girls 6' 0" or better...i'll take my chances

COURT Reporter

Quote from: wonderboys on September 07, 2006, 09:51:56 pm
That big post girl that was out last year is only a ninth grader this year, so she is a non-factor. The Ola game was a very good game, Reagan of Western Yell was nearly unstoppable. However, the 3 point win in the Yell County Tournament final was a little misleading. That game could have easily been MUCH MUCH worse. I believe that I heard a parent say that Danville's 6''1 post girl, or maybe even the team as a whole shot 27%. And that was with the post taking about 25-30 shots. I remember feeling sorry for her, she was able to get the ball at point blank range any time she wanted and she just couldn't score.

I am the one that put WYC at 2nd in the conference, and I won't go anything above that. They may finish lower, but being fellow county mates I thought I would give them a vote of confidence.

Yeah Wonderboys I agree the 9th grader won't be a factor during the tegular season play. And as for the YC tourn results being much worse, could it be that Danville's post or team only shot 27% due to some pretty good defense from the opposition? I've found that's usually the case. Nevertheless, it will be an interesting year.

COURT Reporter

Quote from: RATTLER43 on September 11, 2006, 08:55:10 pm
Quote from: COURT Reporter on September 07, 2006, 10:14:04 am

I, too, have them picked one-two with Danville having a slight edge. Anything can happen. Will have to see who put in the summer time and improved more. Looking forward to a great season in the 4AA. I saw the WYC girls this summer. Talent is there, but will take a little while to gel.

I'm with you Rattler. There's some definite talent there, and they are overall a very young group. I heard that they only had 2 seniors returning and that they're both big girls. It should be interesting. I saw the sophomore group play some last year as freshmen and I was impressed. They don't seem to give up at all and they play together very well. Wish I could have seen more of them.

wonderboys

What was your purpose for the quote COURT?

ColonelReb

to congratulate me on such a wonderful post:)
Quote from: wonderboys on September 13, 2006, 11:48:24 am
What was your purpose for the quote COURT?

man2man

What schools play in the Yell County Holiday Tournament?

wonderboys

Danville, Dardanelle, Western Yell County, Ola, Plainview, and Fousche Valley... all of the schools that are in Yell County ;)

AF&B

wonderboys

Magazine has never and will never play in the YELL COUNTY tournament unless the counties get realligned and I doubt that happens any time soon.

ColonelReb

hahaha! what a goof. magazine plays in it...haha!!!! that's so dumb!
Quote from: wonderboys on September 18, 2006, 01:41:51 pm
Magazine has never and will never play in the YELL COUNTY tournament unless the counties get realligned and I doubt that happens any time soon.

wonderboys

boogaboo, be nice. don't call folks dumb.

ColonelReb

AF&B

Quote from: wonderboys on September 18, 2006, 01:41:51 pm
ok my bad for some reason i though magazine played in that tournament last year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas