• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Tournament Sites

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 01:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

What schools will be bidding to host a Region and/or State Tournament?

Mustangfans

thevoice

Hope the sites are more centrally located for bigger crowds

BigLion10

NEAscout100

Think Sloan is bidding on 1 of the 2 if not both..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 07, 2015, 05:24:36 pm
Pine bluff convention center!!

he said bigger crowds.... not more likely to get mugged

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 08, 2015, 12:19:06 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on December 07, 2015, 05:24:36 pm
Pine bluff convention center!!

he said bigger crowds.... not more likely to get mugged

You would be ok at the convention center.  The 5a was there about 4 or 5 years ago, it was a fun atmosphere.

BigLion10

I attended quiet a few of the 5A games at the convention center was very nice and a great atmosphere

Bildo

I would think if Hazen bids, they will get it. They will want to show off that new gym

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 09, 2015, 09:19:51 am
I would think if Hazen bids, they will get it. They will want to show off that new gym

They have a new gym, but they still have the same parking problem.  No place to park without walkable mile.

Bildo

No doubt. But you know AAA in their infinite wisdom only cares about the money. They could care less what inconvenience it may cause for fans and players...

ridgerunner14

December 09, 2015, 11:36:04 am #11 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:03:07 pm by ridgerunner14
k

ridgerunner14

December 09, 2015, 11:37:35 am #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:01:42 pm by ridgerunner14
l

redrider30

December 09, 2015, 02:33:10 pm #13 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:37:29 pm by redrider30
Bad news! I don't know if we'll get it but we are going to bid on both. Just like we have for the past 40 + years. If you don't want us to get it you better put in a bid unlike last year when Pangburn and us were the only ones to bid. Lol. I hope you do put in a bid mustang fan. Your gym is comfortable, close, awesome concessions and I can't remember the last time our girls lost a game there. Don't blame us if we get it though, blame AAA.

redrider30

December 09, 2015, 02:42:01 pm #14 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:43:55 pm by redrider30
Oh and you can forget the AAA awarding the 2A State Tournament to a host that is not a 2A school unless no one bids and that's not going to happen because of good ole Marmaduke. You are all right about the money thing. If you look back at AAA records every time we host we turn in more money than anyone else and it's usually not even close. They don't care about your comfort, they care about $$$$$$$. If they did they would have chose the Convo to host the finals in 2013 instead of the Barton Crap Hole. That proved the money theory without a doubt.

BigLion10

They chose Barton because it's in the center not 7 hours away for teams from south Ark

redrider30

Wrong. They chose Barton first because Hot Springs had the Sun Belt tournament on the finals weekend and 2nd because the Convocation Center's bid was a lot higher. They don't care about anything other than money. If Bud Walton or the Convocation Center had a better bid than Hot Springs they'd get it and people would have to drive. Like someone said earlier they don't care about your comfort or if people have to drive. They care about $$$$$$ and if you think any different then you don't know or understand how the AAA works.

RedWolf275

No doubt about the $$ thing being AAA first priority.

Bigditchlion

BrianfromCarlisle

Holding out hope that Carlisle bids on state.

BigLion10

hogfan32

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on December 09, 2015, 09:51:09 am
No doubt. But you know AAA in their infinite wisdom only cares about the money. They could care less what inconvenience it may cause for fans and players...
They would care about parking issues because that means less in attendance. Those that physically can't walk from wherever simply won't come.

MomaLion

Quote from: hogfan32 on December 11, 2015, 01:35:54 pm
Will Hampton not bid again?
Hampton was a great facility but dear Lord was it too far away.

Bildo

Quote from: MomaLion on December 11, 2015, 01:51:54 pm
Quote from: Bildo on December 09, 2015, 09:51:09 am
They would care about parking issues because that means less in attendance. Those that physically can't walk from wherever simply won't come.
You're giving them way too much credit Moma

MomaLion

BrianfromCarlisle

Mustangfans

It would be nice if they had one of the 2 tournaments at BIC. After all that was suppose to be the reason they built it. It being only blocks away from my home helps, also. Hahahaha

BigLion10

Anything beats being crammed at Marmaduke trying to watch it

RedWolf275

Carlisle and BIC two of the best 2A gyms in the state. Sloan Hendrix gym is very good also. There may be more bit these are some of the best I've been in.

BigLion10

Magnet Coves would be a good one as well to host

keohog

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 11, 2015, 03:40:16 pm
Carlisle and BIC two of the best 2A gyms in the state. Sloan Hendrix gym is very good also. There may be more bit these are some of the best I've been in.
Hampton should be on the list.

BigLion10

How big and nice is Hazens gym? I didn't know they got a new one

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 11, 2015, 05:01:22 pm
How big and nice is Hazens gym? I didn't know they got a new one

It's about like pangburns, except it has bleachers behind one of the goals. I like the floor, it's a really light colored wood. It's a pretty nice, just the parking is TERRIBLE.  Lol

BigLion10

Parking is terrible means it will probably host haha

Mr. Trill

It Would Be So Nice For 1A and 2A to join one another in the State Tournament since these are small schools, what y'all think? Or 3A included?

jbtiger73

ballmember

pine bluff is not safe!! anywhere else.      If they give it to Pine Bluff these superintendents sanity needs to be questioned. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

Quote from: ballmember on December 13, 2015, 02:20:16 pm
pine bluff is not safe!! anywhere else.      If they give it to Pine Bluff these superintendents sanity needs to be questioned.
We go to Pine Bluff High School every year for their Zebra tournament and it's very close to the convention center and we've had NO trouble there. You've got nasty elements in every town. Pine Bluff would be fine.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ballmember on December 13, 2015, 02:20:16 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen on the news more than one murder in hot springs lately, and we all know about little rock,  same goes for conway, and I know it wasn't to many weeks back they found a murder victim just off the campus a Fayetteville, and everybody knows about what just happened at Jonesboro. 

Ctucker

Probably to late for this year but I think they should try to work out something with Harding university they are central location and have nice facility's .

jbtiger73

Does anyone have pics of hazen's new facility? Couldn't make it last night when Brinkley played there

3 Dollar

Any word yet?  Who put in for what?  Deadline was yesterday!

3 Dollar

Maybe if someone would just start posting a list of bids, it would start up arguments and then someone like Woodpecker would post the actual bids on here!

birddawg1986

EPC at the old Tyronza gym, and Marked Tree at the old Carver gym. Just kidding. My school doesn't have a nice enough facility to host regional or state. For regional I like the gyms at BIC, Rector, Pangburn, Sloan Hendrix. Plenty room to sit. As far as state they really need to make it more C Arkansas for all classifications for easy travel

RedWolf275

I have no idea but I would bet Marmaduke bid on something! You can say what you want about their gym but they will go to the effort of bidding on tournaments.

birddawg1986

Looks like 2A state will be at Marmaduke >:(. The North Regional at Sloan Hendrix.

Ctucker

Why do they say the combined conferences are for less travel when obviously they don't care how far schools have to travel.

BigLion10

Well here's to another horrible state experience in the tiny gym

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas