• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 - 2A

Started by ab24, September 19, 2014, 09:21:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

WCC 72 Sloan 70 final.

NEAscout100

What's yalls opinion on Sloan and WCC now? Both teams played there hearts out and left everything on the court. Maybe beginning to a new rivalry in the 2a-2, can't wait to watch them
at Sloan.

Greyhound#1

My Salem boys prediction is way off.   There way better then anticipated.   Watch them in there first game and they look really good.  They have really good size.  They didn't get the W but played well enough for me to change my opinion on the way the conference plays out.

Ctucker

Who did Salem play? And I figured y'all would be top 4 at least in conference. I'm not sure what players y'all lost.

NoPlace2

November 22, 2014, 07:52:56 am #54 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:01:46 am by NoPlace2
Salem Boys played Mammoth Spring. Was their first game and they started off good but showed their rust second half. Lost 44-37. Mammoth shot 32 free throws (made22) - Salem shot 4 (made3) if that tells you anything. They'll get better every game as they get famaliar with playing with each other. Only our 6th man from last year left but a pretty good group of Juniors this year.

BoxNOne

Salem girls played any yet?

NoPlace2

November 22, 2014, 09:35:20 am #56 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:38:08 am by NoPlace2
Salem Girls beat Mammoth 54-25 - looked good for their first game - they'll be hard for anyone to handle this year!

Greyhound#1

Salem/m. Springs went down to the last minute.  Starting fouling in the last minute thats why the margin was 7.  M. Springs and sloan went into OT.  After seeing sloan play WCC to 2 pt game makes me think that the top 4 are really close.  Sloan fans correct me if im wrong on the m springs game.  I was told by someone else.

NEAscout100

Sloan didn't go into OT with Mammoth it was there first game and end up beating them by 8 or 10.

doubled

Cedar by 40 over Sloan. Sloans coach ejected in second quarter,

NEAscout100

Yes but Sloan sit all 8 people that play on the bench the rest of the game. Played there bench the 2nd quarter and 1/2. When starters went out it was a 10 point game.

Timberwolf08

^^that isn't accurate. What is accurate is that some classless woman was yelling about how Austin wasn't any good while he took it to the hole while being triple teamed multiple times. I don't mind someone yelling at refs, but badmouthing a player is NEVER acceptable.

Coach Cude has vastly improved yalls team. Good luck this year.

BoxNOne

Quote from: doubled on November 22, 2014, 02:46:19 pm
Cedar by 40 over Sloan. Sloans coach ejected in second quarter,

That is a beat down. How come Cude got ejected and why did starters sit over a half. If it was 10 in middle of second quarter the game was within reach.

doubled

Let's be accurate here it was more like 25pt lead when Cude blew up. He did put in the Subs but CR was handing them their butts. So at the half he came out and told the clock keeper to keep the clock running the complete 2nd half. Sloans fans were horrible!!!! Sloan has a good team and will be very competitive at the end of the year. CUDE just tried to save face for his kids and that's a sign of a good coach CR was just way better and that's the facts.

Ctucker

You are right on these are high school kids no parent should say anything to any kid. Schools should start kicking them out of the gym,no excuse for that.Its said but austin will probally get a bunch of that just because he is so good,and that's sad.

pootnscoot

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on November 22, 2014, 04:21:45 pm
^^that isn't accurate. What is accurate is that some classless woman was yelling about how Austin wasn't any good while he took it to the hole while being triple teamed multiple times. I don't mind someone yelling at refs, but badmouthing a player is NEVER acceptable.

Coach Cude has vastly improved yalls team. Good luck this year.

Granny was bit a stoked. The hound crew found her teeth and she calmed down..

BoxNOne

NoPlace2

Salem @ Walnut Ridge on 11-25 - Salem boys lose 66-47 and Salem Girls win 49-31

BoxNOne

Walnut Ridge boys will be a factor in 2a-2. The WR girls not so much.

NEAscout100

Watched Sloan this past week. Played Tuckerman and Midland at home. Beat Tuckerman 23and Midland 36. Now they play Saturday at the WBC tournament 2:15

NoPlace2

Viola 66 - Salem 59 at Marvin Newton Classic this morning - Salem looking better each game but haven't jelled together quite yet. they were down 15 well into 3rd quarter and got it back to down 4 at one point so had a good effort.

Cedar Ridge won 54 - 45 in OT over ICC in second game of the Classic - CR didn't look good whole game and ICC fouled 3 boys out. ICC made a Free Throw with 1.5 sec to go & then missed the second one or would have won it outright - then didn't score at all in OT. CR lucky to get away with this one.

NoPlace2

Salem Girls 48-42 over Flippin @ Marvin Newton Classic

Ctucker

WCC has Salem at home tonight.

Ctucker

WCC boys 75 to 41 over Salem Garrett Horten with 5 dunks and they was good ones!

NoPlace2

WCC boys def have some leapers - Salem played awfull seems like they had turnovers 3 out 4 trips down the floor. were 9 down in third quarter and then just kept throwing it away. They wiill get better after a few more games - hope so anyway. Salem Girls didn't play especially well either but won 61-41. Only our 4th games so far.

MustangSB0326

Midland girls are 2-1 in conference, but could easily be 3-0. May cause more of a shakeup than previously thought. Lost to Pangburn by 1. They had a 3 point lead with 30 seconds left, and let game slip away. They are very well coached, and have a lot of chemistry with each other.

Baller_34

Pangburn girls are not that good at all. What about Salem vs Pangburn boys tonight? Salem wins girls game by 20

NoPlace2

Salem Girls 57 Pangburn 45 -- Pangburn Boys 56 - 33 over Salem.

NoPlace2

Tuckerman 52-46 over Salem Boys tonight
Tuckerman hands Salem Girls their first loss 43-34

Is it just me or is the Officiating really poor so far this year - not just against our team but both ways!

BoxNOne

Is Tuckerman the best girls team in the 2A-2?

NoPlace2

That was our (Salem) first loss and couldn't get anything to drop - I'm biased of course but if Tuckerman is the best in conference Salem is right there with them.

BoxNOne

Quote from: NoPlace2 on December 09, 2014, 11:34:34 pm
Tuckerman 52-46 over Salem Boys tonight
Tuckerman hands Salem Girls their first loss 43-34

Is it just me or is the Officiating really poor so far this year - not just against our team but both ways!

It is really bad over here to the east also. Getting worse every year.

Ctucker

The thing that gets me is hand check there suppose to call it and I understand. But they call it and let kids mug each other on a rebound.And a coach that don't press is messing up because you can pretty much do what ever you want too and that don't call many fouls.

BoxNOne

A coach definitely needs to teach  a rough style of play these days. Refs think if they don't call any thing they are doing great. A few good ones around but most suck.

NoPlace2

Yeah, That's exactly what I'm seeeing - mug them all you want in the paint but don't touch them otherwise. Doesn't make sence to me!

Ctucker

WCC at tuckerman tonight we have one stater out and another gimpy don't know if he will play.

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn girls blow out central and Walnut Ridge to move to 3-3 in the conference.  Pangburn boys fall to Central by 9 and blow out walnut ridge. They are 4-2 in conference.

Ctucker

WCC boys 5-0 In conference 16-1 overall only lose to cedar.We still need to get healthy have not been playing up to potential just good enough to win.We need get back to playing like we was early.

Timberwolf08

I saw in The Citizen one of WCC's players was injured. Hopeful for a quick recovery, I didn't see what the extent of the injury was.

Ctucker

Bad spring doctor said 6 weeks. But 10th grader has step up and played well.Just need older boys to start playing the way they are capable of.We miss the boy that's hurt,he is tuff on the press with his size and speed.

NoPlace2

Tonight
Salem 68-39 over Pangburn (Girls)
Pangburn 56 - 51 Over Salem (Boys)

Ctucker

Half way point in conference WCC 16-1 and 6-0. We're playing in a holiday tournament in berryville don't know who all is in it.

pootnscoot

Looking forward to you guys coming to Sloan Hendrix.  Should be a great game and I like the boys in a minor upset. Kyle Murphy drops  23 and doesn't miss the game winner in front of  the home crowd. 

Ctucker

WCC plays green forest in first game of tourney in berryville if win play winner of berryville and Forsyth Missouri does any body no anything about these teams?

Ctucker

WCC senior boys beat bald knob 61 to 36.

Ctucker

I was told wrong score it WCC 61 bald knob 24

ridgerunner14

December 22, 2014, 05:46:27 pm #96 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:32:37 pm by ridgerunner14
uykuyvkv

BoxNOne

I think Tuckerman beat Salem by about ten a few weeks ago.

NoPlace2

December 23, 2014, 07:51:14 am #98 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:08:15 am by NoPlace2
Salem Girls did lose to Tuckerman at home on 12/9 - 43-34 ..... after starting 5-0 they've had a bad run of late - shot poorly vs Tuckerman and the night before losing vs Heber Spring at Lyons Col Tourney. Did beat Pangburn a few nights later in Pangburn 68-39 but another bad shooting night in a loss vs Westfork @ Billy Ply Classic. They are 4-1 in Conference -  6-3 overall. 

Salem Boys have yet to get it together - Way too many mistakes and turnovers and just overall out of sync. o-8 and 0-4 in Conf. Have lost half those games by 7 pts or less and both teams (B & G) have only played twice at home so far.

Girls are well coached and I think will finish very strong in Conf. Boys will struggle but have some good shooters and hustlers and if they can start working better together will give some teams a hard time after the Christmas break - Boys are playing at NEA on 26th vs Westside.

Ctucker

WCC 58 to 33 over green forest in cornerstone bank classic in berryville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas