• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Discussion/Prediction Thread

Started by AB™, February 27, 2011, 03:02:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldtiger64

March 03, 2011, 12:36:29 am #50 Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:56:29 am by oldtiger64
Norplet girls beat EPC girls not sure of score
Parker Chapel had their way with Cross County won by like 22 points.
Clarendon beat County Line by playing CL game. Will have a hand full with Parker Chapel
Marmaduke will match up good with England Girls
If Des Arc can beat Danville and Augusta gets by Mountainburg the 6-A will sweep the West Region

rzbk08

Any prediction for the Danville and Des Arc game today?

I expect a good showing by Danville after coming off a tough loss in the Regional finals, but I am mostly unfamiliar with Des Arc. So what are your thoughts?

oldtiger64

Des Arc played in one tough conference and  region, they have gotton better every time I have seen them play, Their not a Hughes, Augusta or a Clarendon but you don't want to look over Des Arc. Clarendon did and Clarendon got beat in their last game. If Danville is anything like County Line, then Des Arc will pervell, sorry but a fact is a fact.

AB™

Quote from: rzbk08 on March 03, 2011, 08:43:31 am

I expect a good showing by Danville after coming off a tough loss in the Regional finals, but I am mostly unfamiliar with Des Arc. So what are your thoughts?

If Des Arc has some size they should be fine.  I imagine they have the athletes to match-up with Danville.  Part of the reason Danville stood out so much in the West is due to them having better athletes than everyone else.  Mountainburg had their worst shooting night of the year against them and only lost by five, and County Line beat them by 16, so Danville may actually be the third best team from the West.  They're the most talented, but they aren't as disciplined and do not play as good of defense as County Line.  I wouldn't be surprised if Des Arc beat them.

rzbk08

Some of what you said is hard to dispute. I know nothing about Des Arc so I can't speak to their ability or chances of winning tonight. However, I completely disagree that Danville is the third best team in that region. it is hard to say definitively that they are the best purely based on their losing in Regional finals, but Danville didn't play well against Mountainburg either (and even worse against CL) and Danville does play "out of control" or (some view "undiscipline") but that is the nature of how Coach W likes for his team to play.

I ask for opions and I value your analysis, and I just thought I would bounce some back for discussion.

Highlander

Why is it that when Mountainburg loses it is always because they have the worst shooting of the year.  That is what they said after Eureka beat them.

allison

anybody got a score on the hazen girls game

AB™

Mountainburg up 19-17 on Hazen at the half.

AB™

VERY sloppy game.  Mountainburg starts four sophomores so that's our excuse.  ;D

29-20 Mountainburg leads after the third.

Maddie Backus is introducing herself to another part of he state.  She's one of the best sophomores in the state.

AB™

40-22 final.  Mountainburg girls over Hazen. 

rzbk08

Mountainburn down 41 to 16. Not sure that Augusta is that much better but Mtbg just held the panic button down the whole first half. They are out match for sure though.

peaches254

rzbk08

Mtbg had a chance to cut it to 12 with 2:30 left but dug themself to big of a hole early. Final score 71 to 55. Auguata advances.

bdubyab60

Looks like everybody got the rematch they wanted. Augusta and EPC both good teams.

rzbk08

Bigelow is up 42 to 39 to start the 4th. Close game the whole way so far.

rzbk08

Bigelow pulled away in the 2 min. They won 57 to 43.

oldtiger64

I will have my Crow well done with a side of Fresh Veges, but  steal thank 6-AA boys are boss. Girls let me down  :'( :'(

rzbk08

Danville is up 17 to 12 after 1st Q. They have some foul trouble early so it will be a tight game.

rzbk08

Danville is up 39 to 35. Danville has missed several FTs. Its been a good game but I think Danville's pace will be too much in the end. We will see though.

wonderboys

rzbk08

Danville is dow 57 to 59. Des Arc big kid #4 had a big quarter off clean up n FTs. They still look tired but probably a tight one the whole way.

rzbk08

rzbk08

Danville dow 6 with 1min left. Chk tht danville down 3 with 48 left.

rzbk08

rzbk08

DA scored and Danville made layup at buzzer to go to OT

oldtiger64

ARbasketballfan

Quote from: rzbk08 on March 03, 2011, 06:58:21 pm
DA scored and Danville made layup at buzzer to go to OT

Thanks for the updates! keep em' coming. Go DA!

rzbk08

Danville wins 91 to 85 in a great effort by both teams.

rzbk08

Danville wins 91 to 85. Great effort by both teams.

wml412

Thanks, rzbk08, for absolutely great reporting!!!!!   

Am I correct to presume the England--Marmaduke girls game has started now?

Then Hughes--Riverside boys would play; it looks like games are  running about
an hour plus 20 or so behind schedule.  With such exciting games, there are just
some circumstances you can't predict.   I don't have any way of knowing--just a
guess because of timing of reports.

Thanks again, rzbk08.

rzbk08

They are behind. The game before was about 20 behind then with a lot of scoring and several fouls plus OT. 

wml412

Just found a post 6 min old that England girls won 58-52.  They didn't waste any time
getting that game completed.  It sounds like the games are getting tighter.

b-ball fan

Quote from: AB™ on March 03, 2011, 11:04:29 am

If Des Arc has some size they should be fine.  I imagine they have the athletes to match-up with Danville.  Part of the reason Danville stood out so much in the West is due to them having better athletes than everyone else.  Mountainburg had their worst shooting night of the year against them and only lost by five, and County Line beat them by 16, so Danville may actually be the third best team from the West.  They're the most talented, but they aren't as disciplined and do not play as good of defense as County Line.  I wouldn't be surprised if Des Arc beat them.

It sounded like Danville played well tonight. Im not sure that I would agree with your rankings from this Regional. CL, Mountainburg, and Danville all had great teams, and I am sure that all us biased fans could stake a claim to being the best and put together a convincing arguement. Its all conjecture now. I was shocked that CL line lost to Claredon (I was rooting for them), and even though it was a stretch I wanted Burg to pull the upset in their first round matchup. Good luck to all these teams next year. BTW...uptempo style should not always be considered undisciplined! 24-2 says that Danville must do a lot of things right to have a record like that!!

AB™

March 04, 2011, 12:21:43 am #83 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:49:01 am by AB™
Quote from: b-ball fan on March 04, 2011, 12:13:35 am
Quote from: AB™ on March 03, 2011, 11:04:29 am

It sounded like Danville played well tonight. Im not sure that I would agree with your rankings from this Regional. CL, Mountainburg, and Danville all had great teams, and I am sure that all us biased fans could stake a claim to being the best and put together a convincing arguement. Its all conjecture now. I was shocked that CL line lost to Claredon (I was rooting for them), and even though it was a stretch I wanted Burg to pull the upset in their first round matchup. Good luck to all these teams next year. BTW...uptempo style should not always be considered undisciplined! 24-2 says that Danville must do a lot of things right to have a record like that!!

I apologize.  I was coming off as biased. 

And I didn't word that correctly about uptempo being undisciplined.  Mountainburg was pretty undisciplined for a lot of the year.  Danville, though, was somewhat undisciplined once they got into their half-court offense.  A lot of uptempo teams are that way by design, though.

And I shudder to think there might be 2-4 teams in the state better than Augusta.  I don't think they are as good as Mountainburg made them look, because our guys looked like they were scared to death, and then spent the first two quarters trying to figure out Augusta's speed and athleticism.  On top of that, our best shooters missed a lot of wide-open looks, which I think was mostly nerves. 

BUT, Augusta is VERY good.  If Mountainburg played them 20 times, they might win once or twice.  Mountainburg just needs a few more games against teams with similar athleticism.  We have the talent and shooters to hang with a team like that, and once in a blue moon, beat them.  We just had no idea they were going to be THAT athletic. 

b-ball fan

I know Augusta plays on another level sometimes! they gotta if they beat hughes

rzbk08

Well lookin for another Little John win tonight. Strong is up by 9. Its going to be a wild one. End of first quarter. Refs leting them play. We sill see how the Johns respond!

rzbk08

Strong has had a la up drill the first 4 of the 2nd Q. Dan got to play betterD and rebound better. Dan down 16.

rzbk08

Danville is down 45 to 29 at half. Danville been giving several second chance points. Danville's pace will always leave them a punchers chance but it will be a tough comeback against a very athletic Strong team.

Donnie Jamon

I would rather play Danville but they have no shot..  Strong is just on a different level than Danville.. 

onetopcop

Quote from: Rebel04 on March 02, 2011, 11:12:26 pm
I watched Hughes Yesterday and they wasnt that Impressive!

Well I think getting beat by 35 should leave an impression on you if not a bad taste in your mouth! Riverside was not even on the same level! There is no justification for getting beat that bad with the starters only playing about a fourth of the game. The effort Riverside put out was nothing short of pathetic. Also to add insult to injury your coach told ours that if he did not want our guys hurt then take them out. Now that's a coach I want teaching my kids about life and wining and losing!!!

rzbk08

I would agree with you to some degree but i think both teams first 5 are in some ways comparable. Danville just has no where the depth of Strong.

rzbk08

rzbk08

Danville goes down 79 to 57. Strong played well and Danville got down too much too early.

bdubyab60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas