• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Week 15

Started by Eddie Goodson, December 17, 2009, 04:47:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Jerry Jones in his infinite wisdom decides to cut Folk only to sign Suisham to replace him. Gotta love that crazy old coot.

Uncle Ivan

At this point I'm a better kicker than Folk.

NF is a good kicker, but his head is messed up bad right now.  I wonder why.

stattracker

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 21, 2009, 06:53:37 pm
At this point I'm a better kicker than Folk.

NF is a good kicker, but his head is messed up bad right now.  I wonder why.

That and he also had hip sugery in the off season.

The Snowman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 06:06:48 pm
It is called only handing the ball like 10 times...
Merrill hodge seems to think its because the vikes oline stinks.  He said that this is probably AD's best year because he's doing it on his own. The line is only creating small creases and in most cases AD is dodging people in the backfield.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: The Snowman on December 21, 2009, 09:12:13 pm
Merrill hodge seems to think its because the vikes oline stinks.  He said that this is probably AD's best year because he's doing it on his own. The line is only creating small creases and in most cases AD is dodging people in the backfield.
We lost Birk at center, but still have Hutchinson and McKinney, two pro bowlers. Loadholt hasn't had too bad of a season, either. Hard to blame the line when there have been quite a few games when Peterson has had less than 20 carries. He had 13 carries against Arizona in our blowout loss. He had 26 against Cincy in our blowout win. He had less than 20 against Pitt, too. I think the key to success is clear. Even if he isn't getting a ton of yards every carry, he is abusing the defense and at least a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.

Quite Frankly

Jacobs tossing some punches and with the footwork.

He'll write a check at the minimum.

rsvl_hogfan4

Brandon Jacobs just threw 4 punches, and hit 2 different people. He also started the fight by slamming the defensive back to the ground by his face mask. After the fight he was celebrating walking over to the sideline. Everyone expected an ejection, and he didn't even get a penalty. Instead Haynesworth got hit with a 15 yard penalty.

I figure Roger will review this and suspend Jacobs for a game or two.

The Snowman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 09:42:39 pm
We lost Birk at center, but still have Hutchinson and McKinney, two pro bowlers. Loadholt hasn't had too bad of a season, either. Hard to blame the line when there have been quite a few games when Peterson has had less than 20 carries. He had 13 carries against Arizona in our blowout loss. He had 26 against Cincy in our blowout win. He had less than 20 against Pitt, too. I think the key to success is clear. Even if he isn't getting a ton of yards every carry, he is abusing the defense and at least a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.
Well Merrill was pretty adamant about the vikes problems stemming from the play of the offensive line.  He said he has watched alot of film and it has been a problem that has been festering for awhile.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: The Snowman on December 21, 2009, 10:12:04 pm
Well Merrill was pretty adamant about the vikes problems stemming from the play of the offensive line.  He said he has watched alot of film and it has been a problem that has been festering for awhile.
I don't mind Hodge, but I find it hard to believe it falls completely on the line when we aren't putting the ball in his hands enough. Hard to make an impact when you only carry the ball about 20% of the plays.

I mean against Pitt we choked the game away despite having 3 chances to win it. We threw the ball 3 straight times from the 1 yard line and had to settle for a FG. We threw the ball 51 times and ran Peterson 18 times. 18 isn't a bad number normally, but when you consider our running game has been our strength the past few seasons and we ran 78 plays, we should be running it a little more than 20-25% of the time.

AB™

December 21, 2009, 10:37:39 pm #109 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:40:40 pm by AB™
Does that blame fall completely on the OC's shoulders or does Childress have to shoulder some of the blame?  I think we can all agree Childress is not a very good coach.  Any game Peterson doesn't get at least 20-25 carries, IMO, is a travesty.  Like you said, in the three Viking losses Peterson didn't get many carries, so it's obvious when he's getting 25 touches a game, the Vikes are nearly unbeatable.  Odds are, if Peterson gets that many touches he's going to break one or two of them for a big gain and/or TD.  Even if he gets that many touches and isn't being very effective, it still keeps the defense honest, and opens up the passing game even more.

The Snowman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 10:22:59 pm
I don't mind Hodge, but I find it hard to believe it falls completely on the line when we aren't putting the ball in his hands enough. Hard to make an impact when you only carry the ball about 20% of the plays.

I mean against Pitt we choked the game away despite having 3 chances to win it. We threw the ball 3 straight times from the 1 yard line and had to settle for a FG. We threw the ball 51 times and ran Peterson 18 times. 18 isn't a bad number normally, but when you consider our running game has been our strength the past few seasons and we ran 78 plays, we should be running it a little more than 20-25% of the time.
Well i think if he was given the ball 25 times against the panthers it still would've been the same result.  I know you watched the game, he never had a shot on most of those runs.. 2.9 a carry just isn't gonna cut it.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: The Snowman on December 21, 2009, 10:44:41 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 10:22:59 pm

Well i think if he was given the ball 25 times against the panthers it still would've been the same result.  I know you watched the game, he never had a shot on most of those runs.. 2.9 a carry just isn't gonna cut it.
Oh no doubt. We were dominated yesterday. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome. However, my point is, you cannot blame the line for Peterson's lack of production until he gets the ball enough. He isn't going to put up numbers like he did last year like most are expecting when he is getting the ball 10 to 15 times a game instead of 20 to 30 times a game. He is a top 3 back in the NFL, but only carried the ball a combined 25 times in our 2 losses to Arizona and Carolina. There are so many things wrong with that it would take forever for me to type.

Besides, Peterson's style of running has been known for having runs of 2 or 3 yards multiple times in a row wearing down the defense. Then, he will break the big one. I remember seeing so many games where he would be held for 3 or less yards, then would break a 20+ yard run. It is hard for that to happen when you stop handing it off to him after a few runs.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 10:07:46 pm
Brandon Jacobs just threw 4 punches, and hit 2 different people. He also started the fight by slamming the defensive back to the ground by his face mask. After the fight he was celebrating walking over to the sideline. Everyone expected an ejection, and he didn't even get a penalty. Instead Haynesworth got hit with a 15 yard penalty.

Typical Brandon Jacobs.

So, did Haynesworth knock him down, take off his helmet and step on his face?

OUSoonersOU

Saints were bound to lose eventually. It's hard to go undefeated in the NFL.

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 22, 2009, 12:14:19 am
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 21, 2009, 10:07:46 pm

Typical Brandon Jacobs.

So, did Haynesworth knock him down, take off his helmet and step on his face?

After what Jacobs did I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

RHS

Jeff, do you know if Peterson's carries are down from last year and/or by how much? I think you just need to feed him the ball.

If DMac would ever quit fumbling, I think he's the same kind of back. He'll get you a bunch of like 2-4 yard gains, but then he could pop off that 20 yarder. Just gotta give him the ball enough.

I hoge Goodell reviews it and suspends Jacobs since my opponent for a fantasy title has him, lol.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RHS on December 22, 2009, 02:23:32 pm
Jeff, do you know if Peterson's carries are down from last year and/or by how much? I think you just need to feed him the ball.

If DMac would ever quit fumbling, I think he's the same kind of back. He'll get you a bunch of like 2-4 yard gains, but then he could pop off that 20 yarder. Just gotta give him the ball enough.

I hoge Goodell reviews it and suspends Jacobs since my opponent for a fantasy title has him, lol.
Yes, they are down by a lot. In 16 games he had 360+ carries last season. This season he has 280 carries with only 2 games left in the regular season. It looks like he will be about 40 carries short from last year. That could be the difference in 200 to 300 yards and a few TDs.

I realize having Favre limits the amount of carries he gets to some extent, but our defense, with Henderson, was a lot better than last year giving our offense more opportunities. However, without Henderson we have had a little more trouble stopping the run.

Romeo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Romeo on December 22, 2009, 04:13:55 pm<br />WTH was this: <a href="; class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3BorxSYgyo</a><br />

the coaches way of taunting snyder?

i dont know but it was one of the most ridiculous plays one could call at that time.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: RHS on December 22, 2009, 02:23:32 pm

You draft a letter to Goodell and I'll sign it. I face him too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas