• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airedale Classic Championship games...

Started by CincyGuyintheFort, December 30, 2014, 05:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyGuyintheFort

I am on my way to the Palace at Alma Hills to check out the boys & girls champ games. I am trying out this new stat tracker app I got, so I should have pretty detailed stats on at least the boys game.

CincyGuyintheFort

GIRLS at halftime....

Farmington   28
Alma            21

CincyGuyintheFort

December 30, 2014, 08:01:34 pm #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:03:45 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
GIRLS final.....

Alma           54
Farmington  50

here is something I don't say too often. But that was one heck of an entertaining girls game. It looked like all Farmington in first half, they suffocated alma with there 3-2 D. But that great equalizer that this Alma team does great, the 3 ball. Started third Q on a 15-1 run and lost the lead but got it back in the fourth. Farmington left at least 10 points at the charity strike too. #22 Ostrander game MOP, 16 points, great hustler, and a huge timely steal with a minute left.

CincyGuyintheFort

December 30, 2014, 08:42:47 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:31:04 am by CincyGuyintheFort
BOYS Final.....

Total
Farmington   3   11    21   21     56
Alma            9   17    14    19    59

#33 & #5 got 31 of Alma's 40. Farmington has also been on the wrong end of 4-5 just flat out wrong bad calls in the first half.
Farmington finally got some shots to fall in the 3rd. Haven't been closer than 6 points tho.

Farmington pulled to within a bucket in the final minute, but Alma made dang near all their FTs in the final minute. Farmington missed a game tying 3 at the buzzer. Due to Alma getting some serious home cooking from the refs, things got a bit intense in the crowd. As usual for Alma the damage for Alma was done by #5 with 17 and the games MOP #33 with 26, with 5 treys.

AT

You are part of the mob mentality if you seriously think Farmington was cooked tonight. They got most of their points from the free throw line tonight.

CincyGuyintheFort

Nonono, I'm most deff not. I even sat one half on alma side, one half on Farmington side. Not so much in the second half, but I counted 5 just flat out wrong either calls or no calls. And it never evened out over the game at all. I have no ill will towards alma at all,I love watching alma play, I seen 5 games of theirs this year. I call it how I see it. I'm not saying alma deserved to lose, cuz they didnt, they played great. Its just I hate bad calls/no calls like that. It can take high school kids out of their game and i think that happens a bit to Farmington. I'm excited to see these two play again on Friday.  They still play Friday might, right ??

CincyGuyintheFort

And for the record, I like Alma, since I just moved down here I kinda have a team in each class I follow and wanna see advance in the playoffs, and Alma is my 6a team. I really like watching that #33 play, he's nice

CincyGuyintheFort

I did dramatize it a tad I realize now, so I modified my post. It wasn't the worst ever, just a few questionable ones

WPWells

#EagleStrong

If he's from Cincy maybe Booneville should be his team and he can still root for the bearcats. Unless he's a Xavier fan, in which case I can't do anything for the guy. Not too many musketeers in these parts.

CincyGuyintheFort

December 31, 2014, 02:30:03 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:35:05 am by CincyGuyintheFort
Lol neither, Kentucky. I know thats blasphemy in these parts. But I been bleedin blue since the days of Jamal mashburn and Tony delk. Any Bengals or Reds around here? Them are my other teams.
And lol I almost said that tho about Booneville cuz them being Bearcats. But my 3a team is Charleston, I talked to that Ward kid after the game the other might and he sold me. He was real cool and down to earth and seemed humble for how great he is.
My teams so far:

7a Northside
6a Alma
5a ??? TBD
4a Roland, OK(they are class 4 in okla)
3a Charleston
2a Hartford and Union Christian(only cuz my gf went there)

CincyGuyintheFort

And looking at my 2a teams you can tell I ain't just picking winners lol

AT

I don't agree that Alma had the benefit of 4 calls that were never made up. We can agree to disagree. Farmington got to the free throw line almost any time they shot the ball in the paint and the same with Alma in the 2nd half. The refs just decided to call the game that way, but at least I thought they did it consistently.

ahsalum

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on December 30, 2014, 08:42:47 pm
Due to Alma getting some serious home cooking from the refs,

lol...seeing how the fouls were lopsided in favor of Farmville almost the entire night....

Alma played poorly and did what it had to to win....

CincyGuyintheFort

Look, you are Alma backers, have some type of ties and allegiance to Alma. So I understand yalls viewpoint cuz your watching the game thru Alma eyes. I have no bias. I just moved here and I don't even have family here. I dont even know where Farmington is. And I am just telling it how I saw, and I been following and watching HS hoops since my playing days.
And do yall also not read where I said if anything, I like Alma and will root for them come playoff time. But til then I remain unbias and watch as many games and teams as I can , from all classes. This year I have seen teams from Bentonville to Alma to Cedarville to Hartford to Pocola,Okla and a lot in between Which I think makes me probably more rounded on talking about th diff teams and classes and games then most people.

ahsalum

[quote author=CincyGuyintheFort  This year I have seen teams from Bentonville to Alma to Cedarville to Hartford to Pocola,Okla and a lot in between Which I think makes me probably more rounded on talking about th diff teams and classes and games then most people.
[/quote]

Good for you.

DogsWin7

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on December 31, 2014, 03:30:12 pm
Look, you are Alma backers, have some type of ties and allegiance to Alma. So I understand yalls viewpoint cuz your watching the game thru Alma eyes. I have no bias. I just moved here and I don't even have family here. I dont even know where Farmington is. And I am just telling it how I saw, and I been following and watching HS hoops since my playing days.
And do yall also not read where I said if anything, I like Alma and will root for them come playoff time. But til then I remain unbias and watch as many games and teams as I can , from all classes. This year I have seen teams from Bentonville to Alma to Cedarville to Hartford to Pocola,Okla and a lot in between Which I think makes me probably more rounded on talking about th diff teams and classes and games then most people.

Welcome to FF!   Glad to have you.  :)

Since you seem to know a lot about Basketball...(your words not mine).....what background or coaching experiences do you have other than the average fan?   

WPWells

I'll vouch for him and say that thus far I've greatly enjoyed reading his posts

DogsWin7

I was being sincere in my question.   He has posted on Ozark and several other teams I noticed.  I was curious if he covers sports or something along those lines, since he mentioned he has watched several teams across all conferences.   

CincyGuyintheFort

January 01, 2015, 03:19:41 pm #19 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:26:40 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Hey thank you CHS, I really appreciate you saying that. my background is I played all thru high school and have always followed HS and college, not so much NBA. My real sport is baseball, I played a couple years of D2 ball. I just thoroughly enjoy hoops. I'd love the chance to coach, I just follow for now. And lol lets get a petition to get the Ark Democrat to hire me as the hoops reporter for western Ark. Lol. And having no allegiance to any team down here, I can see diff teams every week . I have seen so far,26 diff teams play this year (the nerd in me keeps track) 21 in ark, 5 from okla. I am trying to see every team within 40 miles of fort smith play at least once. I just moved here from Ohio a few months back. And hoops occupies my free time.

CincyGuyintheFort

This weekend in going to go watch Hector @ Mountainburg on Friday, then Broken Bow @ Roland over in Oklahoma on Saturday.
Unless anyone has any better suggestions for me that's within my driving radius? And I would watch Farmington @ Alma but I just saw that same match up two nights ago.

WPWells

With your background in baseball and your love for basketball, I'm thinking we're basically best friends

A-Good-One

Don't mind Steve Perry, CincyGuy. That's what he does.

CincyGuyintheFort

Lol CHS ill prob see ya around. I'm usually always in some type of Bengals, bearcats, Kentucky or Cincy Reds hat or sweatshirt. And not too many ppl around here rock those teams.

And yeah that's why I didn't even respond to that dude. I already know what type he is on here.

WPWells

Well this is where we don't get along. I'm a diehard Cardinals fan

CincyGuyintheFort

Aw geeze, the only thing to me worse than that is the Steelers and Christian Laettner.
But its ok you seem cool, that can be overlooked outside of about 19 days in the spring & summer.   oh and how bout my OHIO state Buckeyes! Taking down the big bad SEC champ Alabama.

ahsalum

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 01, 2015, 03:19:41 pm
Hey thank you CHS, I really appreciate you saying that. my background is I played all thru high school and have always followed HS and college, not so much NBA. My real sport is baseball, I played a couple years of D2 ball. I just thoroughly enjoy hoops. I'd love the chance to coach, I just follow for now. And lol lets get a petition to get the Ark Democrat to hire me as the hoops reporter for western Ark. Lol. And having no allegiance to any team down here, I can see diff teams every week . I have seen so far,26 diff teams play this year (the nerd in me keeps track) 21 in ark, 5 from okla. I am trying to see every team within 40 miles of fort smith play at least once. I just moved here from Ohio a few months back. And hoops occupies my free time.

All sounds made up to me....

ahsalum

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 01, 2015, 08:27:45 pm
Don't mind Steve Perry, CincyGuy. That's what he does.

Yeah...you know me too well from previous years ....huh ;)

MDXPHD

Are you guys done loving on each other? I clicked this thread to read something about basketball.

ahsalum

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 02, 2015, 08:36:04 am
Are you guys done loving on each other? I clicked this thread to read something about basketball.

Read another thread..

MDXPHD

Quote from: Steve Perry on January 02, 2015, 09:33:57 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on January 02, 2015, 08:36:04 am

Read another thread..
I wasn't including you..but since you felt the need to be added you've created quite the love triangle. Cute

WPWells

CincyGuyintheFort

I apologize that our few posts off subject adversely affected your day. I hope you can find it in yourself somewhere to pick yourself up and get over this.

DogsWin7

January 02, 2015, 12:06:16 pm #33 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:36:50 pm by DiehardFBfan
Don't give yourself too much credit....you are still new around here.

Can I call you Mr.WKRP?  :)

ahsalum

Wow...everything I post gets deleted by some ...

....another reason to leave FF...

ahsalum

This must be the NFL......the No Fun league...

Some gung ho nazis on patrol.....just like a rookie cop.....

A-Good-One

DogsWin7

LOL!   What for and why?   Steve was only kidding earlier.   He's Steve Perry....it's part of his Character that goes hand in hand with his fans.   Anyone that has read the threads for years knows the story lines.  :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on December 30, 2014, 11:10:10 pm
Nonono, I'm most deff not. I even sat one half on alma side, one half on Farmington side. Not so much in the second half, but I counted 5 just flat out wrong either calls or no calls. And it never evened out over the game at all. I have no ill will towards alma at all,I love watching alma play, I seen 5 games of theirs this year. I call it how I see it. I'm not saying alma deserved to lose, cuz they didnt, they played great. Its just I hate bad calls/no calls like that. It can take high school kids out of their game and i think that happens a bit to Farmington. I'm excited to see these two play again on Friday.  They still play Friday might, right ??

What 5 games have you seen Alma play?   And how were you able to go see all the other games?     

What nights?     And you decided against watching the repeat tonight after saying you were going to watch Alma and Farmington again.     

What kind of Stat Tracker do you have?   Is it a free app?  I'm interested.:)

CincyGuyintheFort

Yea i just made a colossal mistake, choosing to go to Mountainburg for nothing cuz of online schedules being wrong.I should of just went to Alma for the rematch. Already 735 now, 18 miles away , not worth it really.
And my bad 4 Alma games; Bentonville, Paris, west fork, farmington.
I go pretty mich any night I'm free, with my work, i pretty much work my own hours of my choosing, flexible. So it gives me time. And hoops is a passion of mine.
It is called StaTCast Basketball. It is ok, kind of difficult to use at first to you get the hang of it.

DogsWin7

Okay....Thanks!   I'm sorry to hear the schedule you went by was wrong....you might try checking the threads here and asking someone for a time as some games can change due to weather or other reasons.    You could also try checking the schools online website too.   Better luck next time.

neds

Quote from: Steve Perry on January 02, 2015, 04:48:29 pm

Everyone retires at some point

DogsWin7

Quote from: neds on January 02, 2015, 09:08:13 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on January 02, 2015, 04:48:29 pm

Everyone retires at some point

You know him very well.

Doesn't he retire after every Basketball season anyway?  :)

What other reasons Steve?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas