• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zebra Invitational

Started by MomaLion, December 15, 2014, 11:55:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Does anyone have brackets or info on this tournament? Clarendon will be there again this year and I want to try to catch some of the games.

itsslim

12/30 3:00 J.a.fair vs. DollarwAy
          4:15 McClellan vs. Clarendon
          5:30 Sylvan Hills vs. Mills
          6:45 Hamburg vs. Pine Bluff

MomaLion

Thank you...are the other days contingent on these games? I'm trying to see what days to get off work :)

itsslim

The other days are friday and Saturday regardless of win or loss. Pine bluff zebra games can be seen live @www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/pine-bluff-high-school-pine-bluff-ar

itsslim

MomaLion

Thank you for the link...I got a copy of the brackets from Coach and hope to be there  :)

itsslim

Ok no prob, inform those who can't make it, that all zebra games can be watched live @ www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/pine-bluff-high-school-pine-bluff-ar

MomaLion

MomaLion

This is being held at Pine Bluff High School right? Do you have an address?

itsslim

Yes 711 w. 11th st. Pine bluff, ar

MomaLion

itsslim

MomaLion

Any insights as to the outcome of this tourny? We don't play any of the teams normally so i'm not familiar with any of them except what i've read here.

itsslim

jbtiger73

McCllelan, Fair, and Sylvan Hills have pretty good squads from what I've seen this season so far. extremely athletic and can shoot. but so can Clarendon. I think at least one of these 5A or 6A schools tries to over look the Lions and end up getting beat by them. but momalion I'm curious to wonder, do the lions have the same fire as they did last year? I know their undefeated and everything, but this is coming from folks down your way. just thought I would ask you.

itsslim

Yea I'm hearing the same things about the teams mentioned, Clarendon is undefeated, but a smaller school.  How about the zebras first round match up with the Hamburg lions? Scottie pippen cousin or nephew is 6'5" but I'm hearing he can't dunk? What about the Watkins kid?  Watch out for dollarway as well.

MomaLion

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 30, 2014, 08:17:59 am
McCllelan, Fair, and Sylvan Hills have pretty good squads from what I've seen this season so far. extremely athletic and can shoot. but so can Clarendon. I think at least one of these 5A or 6A schools tries to over look the Lions and end up getting beat by them. but momalion I'm curious to wonder, do the lions have the same fire as they did last year? I know their undefeated and everything, but this is coming from folks down your way. just thought I would ask you.
They haven't quite gotten there flow that they had last year but are playing solid. They may need a good loss to get the fire back.

MomaLion

I guess we will get a good look at everyone today. I think McClellan is going to be tough.

neds

Quote from: MomaLion on December 30, 2014, 09:47:13 am
I guess we will get a good look at everyone today. I think McClellan is going to be tough.

They are good. Athletic and play together well. They run and like a fast break , but are not impatient.

itsslim

Oh yea I'm going over to the gym at 4:30. I'll be on the visitors side table doing a live webcast of the zebra game at 6:45. Good luck to all teams. Enjoy the city of pine bluff

zebrafan

JA Fair 33
Dollarway 32 

End of 3Q

zebrafan

Dollarway 50
JA Fair 41

Final

zebrafan

Clarendon 21
LR McClellan 21

End of 1

zebrafan

Clarendon 37
LR McClellan 37

Half

zebrafan

Clarendon 58
LR McClellan 54

End of 3Q

zebrafan

Clarendon 77
LR McClellan 69

Final

neds

MomaLion

That was way too close for me lol

MomaLion

Quote from: neds on December 30, 2014, 05:57:21 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on December 30, 2014, 05:41:09 pm
Clarendon 77
LR McClellan 69

Final

Impressive win by Clarendon!
Thank you...we had 2 starters that didn't play till the end of the 1st.

zebrafan

LR Mills 18
Sylvan Hills 13

End of 1Q

zebrafan

Sylvan Hills 34
LR Mills 33

Half

zebrafan

Sylvan Hills 49
LR Mills 54

End of 3q

zebrafan

Sylvan Hills 65
LR Mills 66

Mills with a buzzer beater fade away after a missed free throw.

Final

zebrafan

zebrafan

zebrafan

zebrafan

Zebrafan4life

Great win zebras. Keep it up. #3 Marcus Thomas

MomaLion

Just a question...why were the last 2 games the only ones with an announcer? I know the others had the introductions but no during the game announcing?

itsslim

Not sure probably just got a hold of that announcer

neds

Quote from: MomaLion on December 30, 2014, 05:59:06 pm
Quote from: neds on December 30, 2014, 05:57:21 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on December 30, 2014, 05:41:09 pm
Clarendon 77
LR McClellan 69

Final

Impressive win by Clarendon!
Thank you...we had 2 starters that didn't play till the end of the 1st.

Is Jamarlin Jackson still playing college ball? I watched him play AAU for the AR Hawks and he was fun to watch.

MomaLion

Honestly I didn't remember Jamarlin playing AAU ball but he was a show man. I don't think he's playing anymore due to getting into some trouble and leaving school...I had heard he was supposed to go back but not sure if he did. I loved watching him play. Ro reminds me a lot of him.

neds

itsslim

Anyone have a scouting report on mills?

MomaLion

Clarendon leading Dollarway 20-18 @ half after a very slow start.

MomaLion

Clarendon defeated Dollarway.
SH leading Hamburg 20-14 @ half.

zebrafan

zebrafan

Sylvan Hills 52
Hamburg 41

Final

zebrafan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas