• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood and Hall Ladys tonight

Started by SNWA, November 18, 2014, 04:16:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

Great game to start out the season. GW point guard out til next month but are loaded. Hall always reloads.  Hartness and company start the road to repeat.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

Greenwood Won!   I'm needing to hear a full report....:)

SNWA

Very sluggish first game.....first time the Lady Bulldogs have escaped Hall with a win on their court. Don't know how anyone can beat them there but not going to get into the refs as we won the game. Both teams missing a key player and both should be much improved if they were to meet again in the play offs. GW led by Megan Hartness with 32. Hall just fast paced helter skelter type ball that they are known for and tends to work. A lot of work needs to be put in and im sure Reeves will have them in line in no time. Great win to start the early season. Cant wait for Dec 18th...we get our point guard and my daughter back on the court.... :D :D :D

Blindsided

SNWA

It was a 4 point game....like 66 to 62...something like that.

Yak

What a player, the Hartness girl! Plays hard and "fluid". Looks like they may make another title run.

Basketball14

Had it not been for tremendous amounts of turnovers by a particular Hall player, Hall would've won.

SNWA

November 19, 2014, 03:30:52 pm #8 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:33:19 pm by SNWA
wow really? calling out one girl....haha ....GW had numerous turnovers and game was very one sided by refs.....comical you are blaming a player......GW defense causes turnovers......GW would beat them 9 out of 10......Just stating facts....either you are a truly upset player wanting time or a truly upset parent . Hope you are a player being that you would stoop to calling out a player.

jking7

Win as a team lose as a team... Should never call out a single player even more so a high school player.. Even if it was her fault that's not how you act as a fan,parent or teammate..

TheMercenary

Quote from: jking7 on November 19, 2014, 03:37:27 pm
Win as a team lose as a team... Should never call out a single player even more so a high school player.. Even if it was her fault that's not how you act as a fan,parent or teammate..

I 100% whole-heartedly agree!!

These are not paid professionals, or even scholarship level college athletes.....they're kids!

jking7

Quote from: TheMercenary on November 19, 2014, 04:49:11 pm
Quote from: jking7 on November 19, 2014, 03:37:27 pm

I 100% whole-heartedly agree!!

These are not paid professionals, or even scholarship level college athletes.....they're kids!

It's not like they don't feel bad enough losing a game no reason to dog them or play the blame game to make it worse.

A-Good-One

Quote from: SNWA on November 19, 2014, 03:30:52 pm
wow really? calling out one girl....haha ....GW had numerous turnovers and game was very one sided by refs.....comical you are blaming a player......GW defense causes turnovers......GW would beat them 9 out of 10......Just stating facts....either you are a truly upset player wanting time or a truly upset parent . Hope you are a player being that you would stoop to calling out a player.

Nine out of 10? Let's be real here.

SNWA

I Am....Off That Court, It Is Not Close.

A-Good-One

Shame Hall isn't in Central anymore to prove that. Anyway, game will be more fun when Syd is back.

SNWA

I would think that Hall will be in the Conway tournament again this year. Have not heard for sure. Ready for Syd to return... :)

1umberjack$

Quote from: SNWA on November 20, 2014, 07:37:56 am
I would think that Hall will be in the Conway tournament again this year. Have not heard for sure. Ready for Syd to return... :)
Yes Hall is in the Conway tournament again. 
NLR is going over to the FS TOC (dodging Conway) this year though.  No West Memphis either.  I'll post the other teams in the tourney a little later.  My photographic memory isn't as good anymore.

SNWA

awesome ...thanks. NLR did not want to be a part this year huh???

A-Good-One

Quote from: SNWA on November 20, 2014, 08:27:09 am

Guess they'd rather have the No. 1 team in the nation instead. Heh.

1umberjack$

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on November 20, 2014, 10:03:26 am
Quote from: SNWA on November 20, 2014, 08:27:09 am

Guess they'd rather have the No. 1 team in the nation instead. Heh.
For NLR a loss is a loss  ;D

I do wish I could check that tournament out though...

urban legend2

Was at the game. I don't condone calling a player out, but the poster wasn't that far off (just shouldn't have posted it on a forum....good that the name didn't get thrown out there). Hall is heavily guard-oriented so a player like Hartness is going to put up big numbers, as she did. She's going to do that against a lot of teams this year because she's determined. And when you've got a player that has the mindset that he/she isn't going to be denied no matter what, success will turn out more times than not. Hall should get better, but they've got to get some semblance of an inside game and be more consistent with the ball. Getting up and down the floor is good, but you've got to be able to capitalize in the halfcourt, too. Greenwood looked like a typical Greenwood team, minus Lundon Williams. Hartness is going to get hers, but if their guards are able to knock down shots from the outside at a high clip, they're going to be tough to beat.

SNWA

GW throttles Southside 72 to 40 on Monday night.

ahsalum

SNWA

Yak

Greenwood is such a power! The girls just seem like they want the game, no matter who they play. Do they play Northside by chance?

SNWA

nope not this year.....I think Reeves and Smith got tired of beating up on each other....GW in the next few weeks will play these teams.....Conway, Fayetteville, Bentonville, NLR, L.R. Hall and Rogers....Im sure there are some other really good teams in the Conway, Rogers  and Mt. Homes tournaments. May take our lumps, but will be primed when conference rolls around.

DogsWin7

urban legend2

May be a tough year for Southside. Ozark and Valley Springs both beat them pretty good, too.

ahsalum

Quote from: SNWA on November 25, 2014, 09:15:36 am
so your time is coming

yeah...and you think you can play ping pong too....

SNWA

I need to shut you up there also....soon...very soon

DogsWin7

lol!   You two must be celebrating Thanksgiving a little early.  :)

SNWA

ahsalum

Quote from: SNWA on November 26, 2014, 08:42:59 am
I need to shut you up there also....soon...very soon

That would be a first...

What is it now......289-2?

SNWA

Yak

Reeves has got to be one of the best coaches in HS girls basketball. Greenwood has Jones in football and him.... apparently they know great coaches!

SNWA

TheMercenary

Quote from: Yak on November 30, 2014, 09:20:53 am
Reeves has got to be one of the best coaches in HS girls basketball. Greenwood has Jones in football and him.... apparently they know great coaches!

I agree Reeves is pretty good.......but, IMO, the most important thing in winning girls basketball programs is, they get- not develop- good players.

The Jr. High coaches aren't developing these girls into players either.  That is being done between April & September.

ahsalum

SNWA

Yak

I assume you mean they get some players bc some move in (and they may)? However, normally a coach/program has got to be winning for someone to want to move in

Yak

That being said, Coach Reeves has been a winner at his coaching stops. Now, I do not know him at all, but again, he seems to just win

SNWA

Yak im quite sure he is talking about their summer program that they play in. Another top notch coach works with them all summer right up to season and they do not miss a beat.

SNWA

GW UP 45 To 12 At Half Against Rogers Heritage

Yak

I'm sure of the end result....12 points in a half? Wow.

TheMercenary

Not a great accomplishment, but......
Northside girls beat a team last Thursday 73-9
3rd string outscored the other team 23-0 in the 4th qtr.

SNWA

lol I'm sure that NS is wanting some closer more challenged games also. I think NS will ease through 7A this year with only contested games being with Conway. We have beat 3 of your conference foes so far and two of them by 35 plus.  We have Springdale, Bentonville and Conway more than likely in the next couple of weeks. Shame that arguably 2 of the top 3 teams in the state border each other and will not play this year.

urban legend2

LR Central and NLR both will have a say so in 7A before it's all said and done. I think that Central squad may be the sleeper team to be honest with you. This is supposed to be their best team in years and so far, they've apparently done well. I saw Cabot play NLR tough in a loss, then turnaround and beat Conway. So 7A may be more wide open this year than what it may appear to be.

SNWA

Your right Urban I was talking about 7A west. No doubt that NLR and Central will compete.

TheMercenary

Quote from: Yak on December 05, 2014, 08:25:53 am
I assume you mean they get some players bc some move in (and they may)? However, normally a coach/program has got to be winning for someone to want to move in

You are correct, success leads to more success.......and move ins.

My point was, every program that has really good or great High School players has at least one AAU program where the girls play from April to August.

These guys that Coach the girls through the summer go unnoticed and most of the time without recognition; but EVERY team at this level has someone making these girls into players.

Greenwood, Conway, Northside, Springdale, 9 out of 10 girls on these rosters play year round, and someone is Coaching them all summer.........for free.

TheMercenary

Quote from: SNWA on December 08, 2014, 12:08:12 pm
Shame that arguably 2 of the top 3 teams in the state border each other and will not play this year.

Yes it is.
If girls basketball ruled the day, instead of football, last years 7A/6A Central conference would still be the best conference in the country.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas