• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kahron Ross

Started by Brian G, October 06, 2013, 11:42:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Ross has chosen Lehigh University.

neds

Unusual choice , but I think it is a good one. Great school for academics and solid basketball too.

ricepig

Congrats to Kahron, great little PG. I think Lehigh might have been the first to offer.

urban legend2

Good to see Kahron sign. He doesn't get nearly as much attention as he should.

Will.I.Am.

urban legend2

I think Lehigh was the first one to offer him.

Will.I.Am.

What other offers did Kahron have? I've heard Arkansas offered but this was just speculative hearsay.

urban legend2

Arkansas never actually offered. They showed a little interest, but not a whole lot. UALR and ASU offered I believe. Several D-II schools inquired too.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2013, 01:14:02 pm
Congrats to Kahron, great little PG. I think Lehigh might have been the first to offer.

There wasn't a better PG in the state last year IMO.  Watching him and our PG battle was a treat.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on October 07, 2013, 04:31:17 pm

There wasn't a better PG in the state last year IMO.  Watching him and our PG battle was a treat.

Yep, one more year for Kahron, and now Beard. These should be some good games, just wish we had hit on some transfers too.

Brian G

Quote from: mack on October 07, 2013, 04:31:17 pm

I like those and ours.

ricepig

B.G., are y'all back in the Rumble this year? I know we are, I haven't seen a bracket yet. I think we have it, our Hurricane Classic, and the Whataburger Classic after Christmas in Dallas.

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2013, 09:11:55 pm
B.G., are y'all back in the Rumble this year? I know we are, I haven't seen a bracket yet. I think we have it, our Hurricane Classic, and the Whataburger Classic after Christmas in Dallas.
No.  Get this though.....Har-Ber called and got themselves into it.  New Coach Bowlin was flapping about their "camp win" over NLR. 

We host one with the girls for the first time.  Using two gyms with staggered starts.  We're in Conway's and then at Mt. Home over Christmas.

urban legend2

We he seriously excited about a "camp" win?

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on October 07, 2013, 11:07:05 pm
No.  Get this though.....Har-Ber called and got themselves into it.  New Coach Bowlin was flapping about their "camp win" over NLR. 

We host one with the girls for the first time.  Using two gyms with staggered starts.  We're in Conway's and then at Mt. Home over Christmas.

Scotty probably sold them on the idea that some of the GCT crowd would come see him, most just to throw eggs. He's not a terrible coach, but at least will give the crowds in 7A something to watch on the sidelines when he has his "fits".

zeezus

Dwight told me he let Bowlin in because he was begging to get the Springdale team on a big stage. He may have bitten off more than he can chew. The rumble is loaded.

urban legend2

I saw the list of teams that are in it this year. Yeah, it really is loaded, especially with state squads.

SNWA

Hey B.G. are you from N.L.R.? We are also playing in those tournaments in Conway and Mt Home. Should be some very competitive games.

ricepig

Quote from: zeezus on November 05, 2013, 03:12:56 pm
Dwight told me he let Bowlin in because he was begging to get the Springdale team on a big stage. He may have bitten off more than he can chew. The rumble is loaded.

No offense to Wynne, but I wish Southwind would have stayed in it, lots of talent on that team.

Brian G

Quote from: SNWA on November 05, 2013, 03:46:19 pm
Hey B.G. are you from N.L.R.? We are also playing in those tournaments in Conway and Mt Home. Should be some very competitive games.
I'll be at both for FHS games.

SNWA

gotcha... the Fayetteville girls come to GW next thursday for a benifit game. May see them several times this year.

Will.I.Am.

Where can I find a bracket online? The website is outdated

mack

Quote from: B.G. on October 07, 2013, 11:07:05 pm

Honestly BG, we aren't going to be nearly what we we were last year.  We'll be good, we'll be competitive with anyone I'm guessing.  Last year we were a nightmare to match up with at 3 positions and a bad dream to match up with at two other positions.  This year we'll be a nightmare at two positions,  a bad dream at one and no one losing sleep over the other two[good players, but not like the other three].

Brian G

Mack doing his best 2010 Baitshop imitation. ^^

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on November 06, 2013, 04:58:23 pm

Yeah, not buying it at all.

ricepig

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on November 06, 2013, 01:28:50 pm
Where can I find a bracket online? The website is outdated

Post the question on the 5A board, someone usually has info from FC there.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2013, 05:47:35 pm

Guys, guys,,,, I am wounded to my very soul that you think I would be disingenuous with you two.....

ricepig

Quote from: mack on November 07, 2013, 11:53:20 am

Guys, guys,,,, I am wounded to my very soul that you think I would be disingenuous with you two.....

Well, hopefully we can get the same officiating crew that did the J'boro/Cabot game for our home game with NLR. According to the Cabot faithful, we get every call, and they got zero. It would take all five of them to do a basketball game though, a couple of them couldn't bend over to spot the ball.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2013, 12:37:55 pm

Well, hopefully we can get the same officiating crew that did the J'boro/Cabot game for our home game with NLR. According to the Cabot faithful, we get every call, and they got zero. It would take all five of them to do a basketball game though, a couple of them couldn't bend over to spot the ball.

Hope to see you at our game this year.  I'll buy you a dog.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on November 07, 2013, 12:45:47 pm

Sounds good, I'll have to check the schedule.I assume you mean hot dog, we already have three dogs in the family, although #1 son has his at school with him.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2013, 02:15:17 pm
Quote from: mack on November 07, 2013, 12:45:47 pm

Sounds good, I'll have to check the schedule.I assume you mean hot dog, we already have three dogs in the family, although #1 son has his at school with him.

Well,  I must admit NLR has the nickname of 'Dog Town'.....

ballmember

Sometimes  things not meant to be.   Ross better than several guards on the Razorback squad.   I mean  several.   Others say he is too small, that has not been an issue for Anderson in the past.   Look how small some of them are.   and then some large ones that should not even be on the team.   There is a reason, we aint winning.  Ross is a winner and can outplay at least 4 of the Razorback guards.

He is no relation to me,  just a  ball fan.    Evaluation of guard talent a problem at the U of A.    Good luck to Mr Ross

Eagle20

I would rather play at Lehigh.  Do you remember them in the tourney year before last.  They were good.  Better than any Razorback team in the last 10 years.

Eagle20

The only bad thing about that choice is the all brown uniforms.

ricepig

Quote from: Eagle20 on November 07, 2013, 07:09:49 pm
I would rather play at Lehigh.  Do you remember them in the tourney year before last.  They were good.  Better than any Razorback team in the last 10 years.

Hmm, long way to PA, anyway good player, he should do well.

ricepig

Kahron signed his LOI yesterday and mentioned possibly getting playing time next year as a reason for Lehigh, but his main reason was that when he graduated from there, a job would be waiting for him, as opposed to looking for one.

urban legend2

I think it'll be a good fit for him. The kid is severely underrated.

ricepig

Quote from: urban legend2 on November 19, 2013, 12:33:58 pm
I think it'll be a good fit for him. The kid is severely underrated.

Yep, I'd rather have him on the Hog's roster instead of a guy that didn't get off the bench the last two games, but he'll do fine.

The TruthSayer

November 22, 2013, 03:58:38 pm #38 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:58:40 pm by The TruthSayer
I agree ricepig!  3 1/2 years ago we had to have the big three and let the best player in the state get away in Raheem Appleby from Jacksonville.  He came into BW as a freshman an lit up the Hogs.  LaTech lost but he put on a show. 

Now we are doing the same thing letting the best point guard by far in the state get away.  There is not a true point guard committed to this years class.  I am tired of the talking heads say Coach A really doesn't care about a point guard he just wants to get the ball up the court and they have plenty that can do that.  Well I would hope he would like someone that can get anywhere they want with the ball plus control the tempo.  Kahron can definitely do both plus shoot it well for a point.  I ask those talking heads what were the 7 best years of Nolan's tenure?  When he had Lee Mayberry and Corey Beck - both excellent point guards.  Also Coach A had Phlip Pressey at MO.

I am disappointed in the HOGS and say go Mountain Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neds

Great game last night leading his team in a win over AZ State in Tempe.
Leader in scoring , but most impressive was his 14 assists.
Impressive!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas