• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KISR's Midnight Snack

Started by friscokid, December 02, 2023, 07:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

friscokid

Those of us of a certain age can remember staying up late, cassette recorder at the ready, for KISR's Midnight Snack. At midnight KISR 93.7 in Fort Smith would play an album in its entirety.

And they did this for years: I got "Synchronicity" by the Police, "The Joshua Tree" by U2, "OU812" by Van Halen and "Paul's Boutique" by the Beastie Boys among several others.

They stopped doing this a long time ago, but thinking of it brought back memories.

RATTLER43

Maynard G Krebs

I remember a rock station in Fort Smith, KMAG. Could pick it up at night in north end of Pike County.  This was in the late 60's - early 70's.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 04, 2023, 11:58:58 amI remember a rock station in Fort Smith, KMAG. Could pick it up at night in north end of Pike County.  This was in the late 60's - early 70's.

If I'm remembering correctly, they're now a country station. Is their frequency 99.1 or 99.9?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: friscokid on December 02, 2023, 07:08:52 pmThose of us of a certain age can remember staying up late, cassette recorder at the ready, for KISR's Midnight Snack. At midnight KISR 93.7 in Fort Smith would play an album in its entirety.

And they did this for years: I got "Synchronicity" by the Police, "The Joshua Tree" by U2, "OU812" by Van Halen and "Paul's Boutique" by the Beastie Boys among several others.

They stopped doing this a long time ago, but thinking of it brought back memories.

Those were the days.... Y'all got to listen to actual radio shows, not the Nationally syndicated crap that plays the same songs on loop everyday that we have now

RATTLER43

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 13, 2023, 08:31:11 amThose were the days.... Y'all got to listen to actual radio shows, not the Nationally syndicated crap that plays the same songs on loop everyday that we have now
It was great!!   WKRP in Cincinnati did a great job of capturing the essence of its greatness.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas