• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 6A Top Ten--Week 8

Started by Mike Bonds, October 16, 2017, 04:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  El Dorado
5.  Benton
6.  Searcy
7.  Texarkana
8.  Jonesboro
9.  Russellville
10.  Marion

rona

Looks good to me. Truly don't see anyone yet that can down Greenwood in Little Rock.

AHS06

Quote from: rona on October 16, 2017, 04:45:28 pm
Looks good to me. Truly don't see anyone yet that can down Greenwood in Little Rock.
2-5 all could possibly down GW in Little Rock.

bulldogger15

Quote from: AHS06 on October 16, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
2-5 all could possibly down GW in Little Rock.
-1 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not so much.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

westmem

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: westmem on October 16, 2017, 07:36:50 pm
GO DEVILS if we can make it

"IF"    A lot of confidence there. 

Mike Bonds

Observations this week:

The field is still Greenwood on top, with West Memphis and Pine Bluff looking like the teams closest to the Bulldogs; I'm not sure how close that really is.  El Dorado notched a significant win over Benton, all but assuring a 2nd place finish in the west.  The east will likely be decided in two weeks when West Memphis makes the long drive to Jefferson County to take on the Zebras.  Searcy's loss to Pine Bluff isn't a bad loss, but a 3rd place finish in the east has to be disappointing to Lion fans after Searcy's hot start.  Most eyes will focus on the Benton/Greenwood game, but the Searcy/Jonesboro game may have more playoff import.  A win by Searcy does two things:  it practically assures Searcy of the 3rd spot in the east, and keeps Marion's faint playoff hopes still alive.  A Jonesboro victory probably gives the Golden Hurricane the 3rd spot and eliminates Marion from playoff contention.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 17, 2017, 01:21:09 pm
Observations this week:

The field is still Greenwood on top, with West Memphis and Pine Bluff looking like the teams closest to the Bulldogs; I'm not sure how close that really is.  El Dorado notched a significant win over Benton, all but assuring a 2nd place finish in the west.  The east will likely be decided in two weeks when West Memphis makes the long drive to Jefferson County to take on the Zebras.  Searcy's loss to Pine Bluff isn't a bad loss, but a 3rd place finish in the east has to be disappointing to Lion fans after Searcy's hot start.  Most eyes will focus on the Benton/Greenwood game, but the Searcy/Jonesboro game may have more playoff import.  A win by Searcy does two things:  it practically assures Searcy of the 3rd spot in the east, and keeps Marion's faint playoff hopes still alive.  A Jonesboro victory probably gives the Golden Hurricane the 3rd spot and eliminates Marion from playoff contention.

Top 6 make the playoffs, so Mt Home, Jacksonville, and LR Hall will make up those two. You really have been away for awhile.........

Mike Bonds

Indeed--I stand corrected.  Gonna be hard to find 6 playoff worthy teams from each side.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 17, 2017, 03:58:16 pm
Indeed--I stand corrected.  Gonna be hard to find 6 playoff worthy teams from each side.
Sheridan and Siloam Springs will miss playoffs on West Side, and LR Hall and MT Home will miss on East Side.  The # 6 seeds, on West Side will be Lake Hamilton and East will be Jacksonville.  #1 and #2 seeds (GW, ED, PB, WM) get first round byes and injury recovery/body rest, and home field advantage round 2.

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 17, 2017, 04:19:17 pm
Sheridan and Siloam Springs will miss playoffs on West Side, and LR Hall and MT Home will miss on East Side.  The # 6 seeds, on West Side will be Lake Hamilton and East will be Jacksonville.  #1 and #2 seeds (GW, ED, PB, WM) get first round byes and injury recovery/body rest, and home field advantage round 2.
A little too soon to crown ED with the 2nd seed.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: AHS06 on October 17, 2017, 04:45:10 pm
A little too soon to crown ED with the 2nd seed.
Well even if Texarkana beats ED, Benton loss to GW would make it a 2-way tie and ED wins since they beat Benton...unless I'm missing something?

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 17, 2017, 04:53:59 pm
Well even if Texarkana beats ED, Benton loss to GW would make it a 2-way tie and ED wins since they beat Benton...unless I'm missing something?
If Texarkana beats ED and Benton loss to GW it would be a 3-way tie.  ED still might get the 2nd seed but it wouldn't be so cut and dry.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: AHS06 on October 17, 2017, 04:55:38 pm
If Texarkana beats ED and Benton loss to GW it would be a 3-way tie.  ED still might get the 2nd seed but it wouldn't be so cut and dry.
Gotcha, there may be some point-system in play by margin of victory.  Big game this week for you guys v. Russellville.  Hogs better put the gas to the pedal to stay in the conversation and finish strong last 3 weeks, it's possible.

PrivateLesson

Pine Bluff still hangin' on at 3. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas