• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle @ Booneville

Started by Lizard47, October 14, 2017, 12:07:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard47

Well, there's no one left to overlook, now the big game is the next game. Let's hear thoughts on the battle for the 4A-4.........

Lizard47

I think this has all the makings of a great game. It was a nailbiter last year and I expect more of the same. I believe the Lizards can take this one but don't get me wrong, I have respect for Booneville. I know this can go either way. That's what makes it a great game.

bulldoghistorian

I'll be scoreboard watching this one, because Star City could very well be headed to the loser of this game in round 1!

Lizard47

True true, and the winner gets a bye and then most likely the 3 seed from the 7 and I still don't know how that conference is gonna shake out.

RyanLR

Game of the week for week 8 in 4A no doubt!

nastynice

I wish this game was week 9 or 10.  I just hope we can keep it close.....

FBfan79

October 14, 2017, 06:43:21 am #6 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:45:10 am by FBfan79
Gotta go with the Bearcats.

Bearcatdad

If everyone is back and healthy this week Cats by 20.   

Lizard47

October 14, 2017, 12:21:52 pm #8 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:24:41 pm by Lizard47
This is not gonna be a three score win for either team. I'm a Dardy homer and a dad and I think we will win this game but not by three scores! And if we lose it won't be by much either. This is gonna be a great game and a close one.

Even if you have all your players back and healthy.

gold45

I've seen both teams play and I gotta go with the Bearcats.  I'm gonna keep
it conservative and say it's just a 7 point Bearcat victory based on injuries. If Ulmer and Ray are healthy, that number goes up.  The Bearcats are a very physical team and I think Dardanelle just isn't quite to their level this year.   Should be a great game!  Wish I could be there to watch!

OLDSCHOOL82

Is it already time for this game?  Didn't realize.

OLDSCHOOL82

Alright Lizard47...lets see about some football talk.  Rarely have success discussing the x's and o's of why one team should win or not on here.  Why, in your opinion, will dardy come out on top?  Also, bring me some tamales, red and green, when you come on Friday. 

Bearcatdad

The lizards are not near as good as they were a year ago and the Bearcats are quiet a bit better.  playing on a neutral field it might be a 7 point game right now, but home field adv adds 6 points and if we have all our kids back healthy adds another 7 points thus a 20 point win. 

beach bum

prHOG13

October 16, 2017, 12:33:40 pm #14 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:43:21 pm by prHOG13
Booneville by 4 due to the home field advantage. This should be a close game. Lizards only loss came to a very good Charleston team, and Booneville's only loss came to a very good Pea Ridge team. This game and the Arkadelphia/Ashdown game are going to be battles.

edit: just read about the injuries to a few of Booneville's better players. That certainly changes things and likely means a Lizard W. That sucks, would have loved to have seen both teams matchup at full strength

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 16, 2017, 09:57:39 am
The lizards are not near as good as they were a year ago and the Bearcats are quiet a bit better.  playing on a neutral field it might be a 7 point game right now, but home field adv adds 6 points and if we have all our kids back healthy adds another 7 points thus a 20 point win.
The Lizards have more depth, experience, and talent at nearly every position group on the team versus last years team. To say they are not near as good as they were a year ago is amusing. If the Lizards lose by 20 I'm going to be looking for some Buffalo Wild Wings shenanigans.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ Good depth is key.  Experience is key, but it must be experience combined with talent.  Those things are often overlooked.  IMO, the statement about dardy being not as good as they were a year ago is false.  I think they are at the same level as last year. Not any better, not any worse.  That being due to the fact of the "Brown" factor has been removed.  Booneville will roll out the same squad as last year.  But, bigger, stronger, faster, with more games under their belt.  Don't believe either team will lose by 20.  However the personnel shakes out due to injuries, the cats will overcome in a different style.  Albeit, not a crazy new scheme and or offense, but a tweak to a package or two.  Cats have yet to roll out the strongest possible combo of individuals at one time yet in 2017.  Injuries will dictate some of that this week, but the boys better strap up for this excellent match up.

Cats by 14

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Dardanelle will upset Booneville at home:   

Lizards  -  31
Bearcats  -  28

OLDSCHOOL82

^ We are gonna neutralize the field goal capabilities of dardy by cutting the Bermuda at about 10" and we have fescue planted from the 40 and in on both ends. 

Lizard47

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2017, 02:02:07 pm
^ We are gonna neutralize the field goal capabilities of dardy by cutting the Bermuda at about 10" and we have fescue planted from the 40 and in on both ends.
Now that's pretty funny, and I wouldn't blame you if you did, lol

OLDSCHOOL82

^ So...you bringing me tamales or what? 

Lizard47

Sorry dude, I'm gonna have to hit the ground running to make it there after work on Friday. Surely there's someone in your neck of the woods who makes em. If not you should import some folks, you might even end up with a stellar kicker in the process, lol.

Lacerta agilis

We have a kaiser blade, some folks calls it a sling blade, attached to the kicking block to clear tall grass.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 16, 2017, 02:16:07 pm
Sorry dude, I'm gonna have to hit the ground running to make it there after work on Friday. Surely there's someone in your neck of the woods who makes em. If not you should import some folks, you might even end up with a stellar kicker in the process, lol.

Fridays a work day?

nastynice

^ We are gonna neutralize the field goal capabilities of dardy by cutting the Bermuda at about 10" and we have Johnson grass planted from the 40 and in on both ends.
FIFY

Lacerta agilis

Rumor has it there's going to be a large dose of Army worms dropped (turkey drop style) in Logan County near Bearcat Stadium this week.

nastynice

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 16, 2017, 03:17:50 pm
Rumor has it there's going to be a large dose of Army worms dropped (turkey drop style) in Logan County near Bearcat Stadium this week.

You must still be having night mares from Charleston beating you!!!!   Bearcat Stadium is in Logan County. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 16, 2017, 03:20:56 pm
You must still be having night mares from Charleston beating you!!!!   Bearcat Stadium is in Logan County. ;D ;D ;D ;D

AWW you figured it out

Lizard47

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2017, 02:26:24 pm
Fridays a work day?
Ummm, yeah, it is for me. One of the drawbacks of having a job I guess.

OLDSCHOOL82

Anymore than three jobs is idiotic. 

Anyways lizard, why will the dardy lizards prevail this week?

Lizard47

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2017, 05:05:27 pm

If they do it will be because they come out with focus and intensity. And continue that through 4 quarters. We have the speed, talent, toughness, physicality etc. to win this game. However, this is the kind of game that doesn't allow much for mistakes. It may very well come down to who wants it more. I have this game at dead even, but I believe in my Lizards by one score.

Bearcatdad

I have to retract my last statement and eat a little crow. After finding out our starting QB and Fullback is out the rest of the year and now our best Defensive lineman is out for 3 to 4 weeks I have to go with the Cats in a close game and hope our younger kids step up at home. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Fair statement lizard.  What happened in the chucktown game?

Lizard47

October 16, 2017, 09:01:13 pm #34 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:52:55 pm by Lizard47
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2017, 08:49:18 pm
Fair statement lizard.  What happened in the chucktown game?
Had them by 2 with a couple min and the ball on their 15 and threw a pick. They mounted a drive and hit flannagan right at the goal line with a couple seconds on the clock. We had a guy over and under him both and he just went up and got it. Heck of an athelete.
It was painful to watch for sure, they are a very good team. We were a little green at that moment too. The team has grown up a good real since, always forward never backward.

Scooter2121

The sand gizzards lose this one!!! Booneville by 14

Diesel

Booneville will dominate this game in every aspect but kicking game.   Booneville by 14 points

Lizard47

Quote from: Diesel on October 17, 2017, 05:48:22 pm
Booneville will dominate this game in every aspect but kicking game.   Booneville by 14 points
I hope the team is that overconfident. Would make the chore that much easier.

lizard1989

I am going with my LIZARDS in this one. A lot of trash talking will not win this game....it will come down to who wants it more.

Lizard47

Quote from: lizard1989 on October 17, 2017, 06:57:45 pm
I am going with my LIZARDS in this one. A lot of trash talking will not win this game....it will come down to who wants it more.

Amen Brother

3 Dollar

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 16, 2017, 05:05:27 pm

And your question is not idiotic?

They will have scored more points!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Good ole 3 dolla.  Someone mentioned trash talk won't win the game.  Man...what a profound statement.  And for the record, this thread is not even close to a good ole trash talking thread.

nastynice

Dardy has owned Booneville last 3 meetings but Booneville has owned Dardy for 50+ years. The Cats have dominated the series 37-17 and I feel we'll make it 38 come Friday night about 9 pm. 

Lizard47

Quote from: nastynice on October 18, 2017, 07:07:02 am
Dardy has owned Booneville last 3 meetings but Booneville has owned Dardy for 50+ years. The Cats have dominated the series 37-17 and I feel we'll make it 38 come Friday night about 9 pm.
What does all that have to do with the task at hand? All we care about is being focused on 7pm to whenever this Friday. While we respect your tradition, we are NOT afraid of you.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 18, 2017, 07:43:51 am
What does all that have to do with the task at hand? All we care about is being focused on 7pm to whenever this Friday. While we respect your tradition, we are NOT afraid of you.
Glad your not afraid!!!   Game wouldn't be any fun if you just rolled over on your own.   We like a good fight and even with 3 of our main kids out we get win 701 and 38 against you Friday night.

Lizard47

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 18, 2017, 07:55:50 am
Glad your not afraid!!!   Game wouldn't be any fun if you just rolled over on your own.   We like a good fight and even with 3 of our main kids out we get win 701 and 38 against you Friday night.

I don't think this game will be very fun for you.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 18, 2017, 07:58:47 am
I don't think this game will be very fun for you.
I think you will be surprised.  Your kids may even have nightmares and refuse to go out on Halloween after Friday night.  They will have you check under their bed for Bearcats before they can go to sleep   ;D ;D ;D

The Coach

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 18, 2017, 07:55:50 am
We like a good fight and even with 3 of our main kids out

Do You think people really believe you when you keep saying Booneville has 3 main guys out? Is that a built in excuse for you if Dard was to win? Dard will come and play hard and do whatever they can to get the win if it's enough who knows. Hopefully it's a good hard hitting, clean, injury free football game between 2 solid HS teams.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: The Coach on October 18, 2017, 08:45:41 am
Do You think people really believe you when you keep saying Booneville has 3 main guys out? Is that a built in excuse for you if Dard was to win? Dard will come and play hard and do whatever they can to get the win if it's enough who knows. Hopefully it's a good hard hitting, clean, injury free football game between 2 solid HS teams.
Don't really care what you believe!!  No excuses are being made on this end I can promise you that.  If you win this game I will be really surprised and tip my hat to you and your team.  I hope for a clean and injury free game for both teams also.  Looking forward to our game Friday night. A lot of questions across the state will be answered.

nastynice

Quote from: The Coach on October 18, 2017, 08:45:41 am

Do you want to put a wager on it?.....You Lizard boys sure are insecure and thin skinned!  And if we keep it up, this thread has potential. Neither team has had a good thread all year.

Cats. 27
Lizards 17

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas