• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle Gym

Started by Runnin With The Pack, January 21, 2018, 12:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnin With The Pack

Since Maumelle is hosting this year's 5A state...what's the story on their gym...particularly from a broadcast media POV?  Is there adequate room for broadcast crews?  I've been told it is impossible to get a cell signal inside the building...can anyone speak to this?

croboostbusted

It is impossible and the schools that I follow have pulled teeth trying to get on their wifi to broadcast the games out.

Hopefully this will be addressed.

Chief_Osceola™

There is a large area above the bleachers where games can be filmed and radio crews set up.  As for the internet/wifi stuff, I have no idea.  I never have trouble getting service in the gym (the auditorium inside the school is a different story), but I don't know about the wifi, or if there is even a network right now.  I'm sure these questions will be addressed and taken care of.

Runnin With The Pack

I sure hope these issues are addressed and SOON...or they're going to have a lot of angry broadcasters on their hands when the tournament rolls around.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on January 22, 2018, 11:50:13 am
   I sure hope these issues are addressed and SOON...or they're going to have a lot of angry broadcasters on their hands when the tournament rolls around.

Maybe you could call the school and share your concerns with Principal Senn or Coach Rountree (the AD).  I don't know if they read FF or not, but I'm guessing that contacting the school directly would be a better avenue of getting the answers you seek.  The high school's number is 851-5350.

4real

Maumelle will be a good place for the tour.  Nice big gym.  Lots of places to eat in Maumelle w/o having to go into LR or NLR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas