• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Top 5

Started by HorseFeathers, October 14, 2014, 06:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Not looking for a lot of chit chat here...just a poll...A comment or two on your part if you feel the need to defend. Please submit one for both boys and girls, try not to be obviously biased. Will tally the votes for the first poll next Monday(10/20)

WPWells

Boys:

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Mayflower
5. West Fork

Girls:

1. Valley Springs
2. Harding Academy
3. Paris
4. West Fork
5. Genoa Central

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys

1 ECS
2 Charleston
3 Mayflower
4 Cedar Ridge
5 West Fork

Girls

1 Valley Springs
2 Harding Academy
3 Paris
4 West Fork
5 Genoa Central

BigMan15

Boys
1 ecs
2 cedar ridge
3 charleston
4. Mayflower
5. Paris

Girls
1 valley
2 paris
3 harding
4Lamar
5 west fork

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 14, 2014, 06:47:18 pm
Boys:

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Mayflower
5. West Fork

Girls:

1. Valley Springs
2. Harding Academy
3. Paris
4. West Fork
5. Genoa Central

Why are u so high on West Fork is there something I dont know?????

WPWells

They return a lot from the team that got runner-up in the region last year

BigMan15

They got hot late....what did they finish regular season

WildcatGrandpa13

Boys
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. West Fork
5. Paris

I don't know enough about Girl's basketball to even make a prediction

tiger2016

Boys
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Mayflower
5. Harding Academy

WPWells

Harding Academy was the 4 seed from their region last year and didn't win a game at state. Why are they better this year?

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 17, 2014, 04:24:54 pm
Harding Academy was the 4 seed from their region last year and didn't win a game at state. Why are they better this year?

Was about to say the same thing....

TheGovernor

Harding did have a stud junior high group

BigCatMan

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. West Fork
5. BHG

I would love to see a rematch between Charleston and West Fork. They squared off last year in regional finals and West Fork jumped on them early. It was a great game atmosphere with Charleston bigs just too much down the stretch.

BigMan15

Quote from: BigCatMan on October 18, 2014, 07:40:42 am
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. West Fork
5. BHG

I would love to see a rematch between Charleston and West Fork. They squared off last year in regional finals and West Fork jumped on them early. It was a great game atmosphere with Charleston bigs just too much down the stretch.

That was pretty exciting game. ..u think Bhg will be better than Mayflower

BigCatMan

I think BHG has better talent buy it is only preseason still lol

neds

BHG will be better coached than Mayflower and that will make a difference when they play

BigMan15

Its his first year there will there be any adjustment period or will they hit the ground  running...

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 22, 2014, 08:41:50 pm
Its his first year there will there be any adjustment period or will they hit the ground  running...
Knowing Hogue he will hit the ground running. He'll be ready for the 3A-5. He had some intense games against ECS at AB and I'm sure he will want some revenge against ECS this year

BigMan15

Should be fun to watch this conference and the 3a-4 this year

North Face

What does West Fork have this year?

BigCatMan

Quote from: North Face on October 23, 2014, 03:44:09 pm
What does West Fork have this year?

West Fork has, yet another, new coach. Cody Vaught came in from Hector, or should I say returned here from Hector. I can assure you that they will be in great shape. They return crawford, who is their leading receiver in football right now, as a senior and returning starter. The Juniors are loaded. There are 2 bigs with starting experience in Johnson and C. Roebke who go 6'5" and 6'4". Slavens who can play multiple positions and can hit the three. R Roebke who started several games at the 1 last year and is a threat to score from anywhere on the floor and has great speed. Depth might be an issue unless they get more help from football.

BigMan15

What is the real short junior for them

BigCatMan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 06:38:42 pm
What is the real short junior for them

Ryan Roebke #11. He will be the go to guy this year.

BigMan15

I seen him at the top 25 in fayettville i wasnt impressed...

BigCatMan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 10:31:17 pm

He was on the same team as Scottie Pippen's son so he fed him quite a bit and had an awesome alley oop to him. He is just fine dishing than scoring. He will make a difference this year as he always has. Those juniors won Jr.High district both years.

BigMan15

Thats pippens nephew and yes hes very good....west fork should win that conference..its down bad this year...

BigCatMan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 11:00:39 pm
Thats pippens nephew and yes hes very good....west fork should win that conference..its down bad this year...
Yes, Nephew, my apologies. Keep an eye on Roebke. He has played for several summer ball teams since he was in 2nd grade. He should lead West Fork this year to the Regionals to, hopefully, take on Charleston again. He averaged 12 ppg last year as a Sophomore but there is a lot of team chemistry with that class.

BigMan15

3A-4 is so much better this year...if west fork was in this district where would they finish....i think 3 or 4..

BigCatMan

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 11:10:05 pm
3A-4 is so much better this year...if west fork was in this district where would they finish....i think 3 or 4..
[/quote
I agree, 3A-4 is strong in football and basketball. WF should cruise through conference. It's all Charleston or ECS to lose anyway. I just hope that the Tigers make some noise this year. We should have 1-2 all state players.

BigMan15

West fork is a lot like paris we are very young but very talented...im hoping we overacheive and make some niose ourselves...we have three that are potential all state...one being a sophomore from charleston but he was hit by a truck a few days before charleston played west fork...he will be a great player this year...

Proud Buckaroo

Just curious. What is everyones take on Smackover this year?

WPWells

Haven't made state in a couple years but play in the weakest region in the state. Depending on what they have, might compete for a state berth. Probably first round exit if they do make it though

Proud Buckaroo

They have a really good team. I just don't see Smackover ever being as good in Basketball when Pookie(Johnathan Modica) played.

WPWells

McGehee is the only team recently to win a first round game

Proud Buckaroo

Seen them play Smackover last year. They were REALLY good.

WPWells

I don't mean any offense by this tweet, but if you think they were really good, you didn't see some of the teams from the rest of the state. They almost got beat by Cedarville, the third seed from region 1

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 24, 2014, 06:49:06 pm
I don't mean any offense by this tweet, but if you think they were really good, you didn't see some of the teams from the rest of the state. They almost got beat by Cedarville, the third seed from region 1

I don't really follow high school basketball as much as I do football. I prefer college/NBA basketball. It's a little more exciting to me.

WPWells

I understand. I'm a college basketball nut. I guess because I played ball in high school I'm kinda partial to it now

Proud Buckaroo

Did you ever get to watch Johnathan play? I remember one year at Smackover. He slammed the ball so hard on a dunk that he broke the backboard.

WPWells

Saw him when he was up here! Loved watching him play

Jimbo Morphis

hasn't mcgehee made it to the semi finals the last 2 years? must be pretty good.

WPWells

Pretty good, not elite

501Arkansas

Osceola will shock a lot of people. They have great size and has their sr guard Taylin Miller back can shoot lights out. And plus guys from the football team. Osceola will be pretty good. All around to me just watch and see guys

Cajun Hog

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 23, 2014, 10:31:17 pm

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUN DOWN KIDS?? Enough if you cann't say anything half way nice be quiet...

TO ALL NO NAME CALLING, RUNNING DOWN KIDS OR YOU WILL GET A VACTION FROM HERE.

Jimbo Morphis

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on October 28, 2014, 01:36:34 pm
hasn't mcgehee made it to the semi finals the last 2 years? must be pretty good.
ECS played them in semis last 2 yrs. Most athletic team they saw both years, disrupted ECS flow. If they could shoot better and had more discipline....

RTF

1.ECS
2.Cedar Ridge
3West Fork
4.Charleston
5.Mcgehee

Girls
1.Valley
2.Paris
3.HA
4.West Fork
5. everyone else

jr17

Rtf.
why you're gonna have west fork over mayflower?

WPWells

He doesn't really care, he just wanted to sleight Charleston

think

Will Mayflower be as good without Perry?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas