• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BananaHands501, March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaHands501

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Mayflower
4. BHG
5. McGehee
6. Earle
7. Rivercrest
8. Manila
9. Fordyce
10. West Fork

KOJACK

Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Mayflower
4. BHG
5. McGehee
6. Earle
7. Rivercrest
8. Manila
9. Fordyce
10. West Fork
Not bad...other than the fact that earle will be 2A

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on March 16, 2014, 12:38:10 pm
Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Mayflower
4. BHG
5. McGehee
6. Earle
7. Rivercrest
8. Manila
9. Fordyce
10. West Fork
Not bad...other than the fact that earle will be 2A
I think he was saying the top teams of this year after the season

-Painted Fan-

Cedar Ridge will take Earle's spot in that Top 10.

bootlegger

Does anyone know who will take earles place in the 3a 3 conference?

bulldog42

Quote from: bootlegger on March 16, 2014, 05:06:11 pm
Does anyone know who will take earles place in the 3a 3 conference?
No one the 3a 3 goes from 8 to 6 teams.    Earle is going down and Harrisburg is moving up

Bearcatparent

3A 3 next year will be as follows according to the AAA website.

Corning
Hoxie
Manila
Osceola
Piggott
Rivercrest

-Painted Fan-

Where does Cedar Ridge go?

bobcats

cowboy2241

Melbourne will be taking Earle's spot in 3-3a next season

bobcats

Quote from: cowboy2241 on March 17, 2014, 09:37:14 pm
Melbourne will be taking Earle's spot in 3-3a next season

I think that is for football but basketball they are still in the 3A-1E.

jr17

Mayflower returns all starters but lose the only 2 players that came off the bench all year. One sophomore (junior next year) has decent potential.

jr17

Mayflower gets another talented player transfer from Conway. Will be a senior.

bdog32

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Mayflower
4. BHG
5. Rivercrest
6. Flippin
7. Harding Academy
8. Cedar Ridge
9. McGhee
10. Marianna Lee

jr17

Were the Goosenberry twins seniors at ECS?

bulldog42

Quote from: jr17 on May 29, 2014, 11:33:42 am
the Gooseberry twins are both JR's

jr17

cdelaney

Quote from: bulldog42 on May 29, 2014, 11:43:38 am
Quote from: jr17 on May 29, 2014, 11:33:42 am
the Gooseberry twins are both JR's
ECS loses Pollock and two other seniors who played sparingly.

Old Man River

How did Flippin get in on this list? TOTALLY not trying to be a hater I have a lot of respect for coach Hargrove, I just don't see them being at that level. Not saying I wouldn't like to see it though...

bdog32

Just saw on another thread where they are one of favorites in that conference and know will be well coached.  What doe Osceola have

jr17

Have a heard the rumor that Jerry Perry from Mayflower is moving to Texas. Hope that isn't true.

ATU

Not sure if Charleston is top 5 they lose Shelby,Storey and i'm hearing that the SO. player Fenner moved to Paris.

WPWells

That's all correct, but they'll still have the best player in the state (no offense to any of the ECS players, but I feel like Ward showed that he is the best player in the 3A)

Eagle20

It is a lot easier to stop one when the talent around you is diminished.  Why did the kid move to Paris?

WPWells

Andrew Smith will still be there

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 07, 2014, 09:37:04 pm
That's all correct, but they'll still have the best player in the state (no offense to any of the ECS players, but I feel like Ward showed that he is the best player in the 3A)
You know I have to disagree. Ward is very good player, may be stronger offensively, but Martin is best overall player in 3A.
Still would rank Charleston right up there with ECS for next year.

WPWells

I knew you would disagree, and I completely agree that Martin is #2

akbballer

Yes, Chance and Ty will be missed but sophomore's move to Paris will not make bit of difference. I am not even sure that kid will be even eligible to play because of his academic performance. That was an issue when he was in Charleston.

akbballer

Quote from: cdelaney on July 08, 2014, 08:49:53 am
You know I have to disagree. Ward is very good player, may be stronger offensively, but Martin is best overall player in 3A.
Who is Martin?

cdelaney

Quote from: akbballer on July 09, 2014, 09:35:28 am
Quote from: cdelaney on July 08, 2014, 08:49:53 am
Who is Martin?
Mahlon Martin, ECS point guard and floor leader. Was MVP of State Tourney.

akbballer

He might have received MVP because his team won but I don't think he is overall best player. I am sure Martin is pretty good.

cdelaney

Quote from: akbballer on July 09, 2014, 10:37:28 am
He might have received MVP because his team won but I don't think he is overall best player. I am sure Martin is pretty good.
I am sure Ward would have been MVP if Charleston had won. I have seen Ward play several games now and he is very good. As far as pure one on one offensive player, he may be slightly ahead of Martin, but Martin has never had to carry the entire offensive load for his team. He could score more if needed. But when a basket is needed at a crucial time, he makes it. I think he got his 21 pts in final game on 8 FG attempts. Also a very strong floor leader, keeps the team on an even keel, good defender. If I had to choose one player to start my team, it would be Martin.

jr17

Martin was always the guy to take the big shot for ECS. Martin seemed to be the overall better athlete. I have to give the nod to martin. Mainly because his team won the head to head. Ward is an amazing player with awesome god given ability.

BigLion10

Robinson from ecs is a stud as well

chuckBB

I have to say Episcopal is loaded. I am looking forward to see my Charleston boys make it to the state play each other again.

neds

Quote from: chuckBB on July 09, 2014, 03:36:18 pm
I have to say Episcopal is loaded. I am looking forward to see my Charleston boys make it to the state play each other again.

I don't think that will happen

BigMan15

1. Ecs.                                                                                                 
2. BHG
3. McGhee
4. Charleston
5. Mayflower
6. Paris
7. Lamar
8. West Fork
9. Harding Academy
10. Cedar Ridge

WPWells

BigMan15

Benton harmony grove
I think their point will be really good this year also a 6"9 forward

BigMan15

After ecs the whole 3a is down think about it charleston loses 3 out of the seven that played last year with nothing coming up. Mayflower loses perry bhg loses their big man earle is gone Lamar lost some and didn't gain anything Danville will be about the same. McGhee could surprise some and maybe rivercrest and I think Paris could surprise some they didn't lose much but had a move in from charleston and their junior high was really good last year so this year after ecs the race for the rest should be fun to watch

Eagle20

BHG big man went to Benton with the coach who moved there.  Their 6'5" guard is talented though.

BigMan15

Still they have good team around them and that pg is gonna be one of the top players in the 3a

Eagle20

Cedar Ridge moves to 3A, they will be tough!

ATU

But now i'm hearing Charleston might have a new player or 2.

North Face

BHG will also be well coached. Coach Hogue had success at Arkansas Baptist and I look for that to continue at BHG.

North Face

Who does Cedar Ridge return from last year? I know Reeves graduated.

neds

Quote from: ATU on July 25, 2014, 06:32:28 pm
But now i'm hearing Charleston might have a new player or 2.

Of course they do

WPWells

You say that as if we didn't just have a kid move to Paris. A kid that was projected to be a starter this year

BigMan15

even with move in after this year charleston basketball will be down for a few years also ive heard that coach ross will take the elementary school princapal job after this year.

North Face

Which kid is going to Paris?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas