• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS vs McGehee

Started by neds, March 08, 2014, 10:03:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

Predictions?
Great athletes in S AR, vs the no. 1 team in the polls

What do think?

Hogwild#9

Rematch of last year if I'm correct. Picking ECS by 20

redandgray

jr17

neds

blue bandito

Did McGehee beat cedarville?

Jimbo Morphis

cdelaney

neds

RogerThat

I haven't seen McGehee play, but I'm assuming they win easily blow by Cedarville. And from watching ECS lay it on Rivercrest like they did, it's going to be difficult for ANYONE to beat ECS. I'm going with ECS

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: neds on March 09, 2014, 08:55:46 am
Quote from: Oldman on March 09, 2014, 03:07:37 am
Quote from: neds on March 08, 2014, 11:17:50 pm
Oldman?
what?

What is your opinion?  I should have spoken louder the first time.
i have said all along ecs was the best team.

ea cat

I believe we have to play Cedarville before this thread is valid.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: ea owl on March 09, 2014, 12:23:28 pm
I believe we have to play Cedarville before this thread is valid.
I agree with this statement

Jimbo Morphis

If cedarville beats us i still think ecs has the best team in the state.

neds

Quote from: Oldman on March 09, 2014, 12:27:46 pm

+1

Pit Bull

Yea but they are primed, loaded and locked for an upset.... It's written all over Fearless... Who will stand strong against the Systematic and Calculated Advantaged? I personally watched them once this season and last year against Earle in the first round game that went down to the end, I was very impressed with their back court, front court not as impressive. You've got to slow their guard play down and they become beatable like everyone else. Our game last season came down to the missed opportunity at the charity line which made the difference but we considered that team as a down year. The ECS squad was designed to win a 3A Championship but failed to get it done last season and I don't think they will take it this season because of lack of heart and grind... I think that if McGehee beats Cedarville they will have a good shot at bringing down the EmPire Collaboration...

ECS09#10

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 09, 2014, 03:53:51 pm

Yea but they are primed, loaded and locked for an upset.... It's written all over Fearless... Who will stand strong against the Systematic and Calculated Advantaged? I personally watched them once this season and last year against Earle in the first round game that went down to the end, I was very impressed with their back court, front court not as impressive. You've got to slow their guard play down and they become beatable like everyone else. Our game last season came down to the missed opportunity at the charity line which made the difference but we considered that team as a down year. The ECS squad was designed to win a 3A Championship but failed to get it done last season and I don't think they will take it this season because of lack of heart and grind... I think that if McGehee beats Cedarville they will have a good shot at bringing down the EmPire Collaboration...
Lack of heart and grind, I don't think that is a accurate assessment when it comes to the personnel of that team.  To play the schedule they have played and have the record they have, lack of heart and grind is certainly not the issue.  Harding had the better team last year, more experience, and the best player.  ECS had a lot of underclassmen last year, so last year wasn't their time.  This season they have played like a very mature team for the most part and are very well coached.  ECS went head to head with the best guard combo in the state this year in Beard and Allan from NLR, took NLR to the wire.  They played a very difficult non schedule for a small school and had some grind it out games during that stretch and conference so they are well prepared.  If they lose it won't be because of lack of heart or grit, they will fight to the end, that's the type of coach they have and the type of players as well.

neds

ECS he (Pit) knows better, he is just trying to goat you into
his game.
Pit you are correct on 'every team is beatable' and that is very true
of ECS as well. Bad game and it's over for them just like e'one else
who is still in it.
Good luck to Earle boys and Rivercrest girls

Pit Bull

The lack of heart and grind that I'm referring to has more to do with the cohesiveness of the unit and the ability to closeness deal. ECS reputation precedes them this year, no one can take that away from you guys. The advantage of the public school against ECS's collective is the fact that most of our teams have been playing together since pee-wee or at least junior high, they have heart and grind from way back. Now don't take this the wrong way but I'm talking about how to bring down an assembled giant, meaning to beat ECS somebody has to take something away from their designed chemistry, they have to be dismantled by a team that can match their athletic talent and take them to the point were a team that has been playing together for a long period of time can get them rattled. If I were meeting them I would take that back court out of the game with a series of aggressive methods and strategies that many might not totally agree with but if the officials are going to lean their way, make everyone count if you've got guard depth, the front court would have to beat me because I would rattle those finess guards from jump street...

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 09, 2014, 05:49:20 pm
The lack of heart and grind that I'm referring to has more to do with the cohesiveness of the unit and the ability to closeness deal. ECS reputation precedes them this year, no one can take that away from you guys. The advantage of the public school against ECS's collective is the fact that most of our teams have been playing together since pee-wee or at least junior high, they have heart and grind from way back. Now don't take this the wrong way but I'm talking about how to bring down an assembled giant, meaning to beat ECS somebody has to take something away from their designed chemistry, they have to be dismantled by a team that can match their athletic talent and take them to the point were a team that has been playing together for a long period of time can get them rattled. If I were meeting them I would take that back court out of the game with a series of aggressive methods and strategies that many might not totally agree with but if the officials are going to lean their way, make everyone count if you've got guard depth, the front court would have to beat me because I would rattle those finess guards from jump street...
They aren't easily rattled my friend. You have to have the personnel to rattle guards like Freeman and Robinson, and not many teams in 3A have that...not saying its impossible, just saying it would be very hard. If Anton Beard and Kevaugh Allan can't do it, I don't know who (in 3A) can...

BoxNOne

Sounds like ECS is a shoe in but I will definitely be pulling for McGehee.

neds

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 09, 2014, 06:30:55 pm
Sounds like ECS is a shoe in but I will definitely be pulling for McGehee.

Favored maybe correct , a shoe in isn't a term I would feel comfortable using

ECS09#10

Since Episcopal now has a on campus elementary basketball starts in 3rd grade.  Before the elementary school it was 6th grade.  The majority of the team and mainly the core group of guys have played with each other for a number of years.  ECS might be in the big city but it is a very tight knit community inside those gates.   

Pit Bull

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 09, 2014, 05:59:55 pm
They aren't easily rattled my friend. You have to have the personnel to rattle guards like Freeman and Robinson, and not many teams in 3A have that...not saying its impossible, just saying it would be very hard. If Anton Beard and Kevaugh Allan can't do it, I don't know who (in 3A) can...

Didn't say it would be easy but I think it's the only way to bring them down, action plan the finesse pretty boy guards, make it rugby tough for them all night... Might have a shot then...

ATU

I have watched 15 games so far in state play  and ESC is the best team i have seen in boys play.But hey they only beat FT. lake by one during the year so they can get beat by a 3a school.

cdelaney

I guess from you saying "designed" and "calculated" you think these kids were brought together like a bunch of free agents. The fact is that they have all been at ECS for years; all but one of the main players started there in 6th grade (which was the earliest grade of the school at that time) and have played together for 5-6 years now, not to mention in the LR Boys Club system berfore that and some on AAU teams every year. The other starter is in his 4th year with them. So they are all long time teammates.
I am not saying they are not beatable, because they are, by every team left in the tournament. By the nature of 3A, there is not much play against teams from other conferences in the regular season, so it is hard to compare how teams will stack up against each other until they meet in  State. So we'll see what happens. But if they get beat it won't be because of lack of heart or lack of grinding. They will not get rattled regardless of how they are played.

cdelaney

Quote from: ATU on March 09, 2014, 07:03:23 pm
I have watched 15 games so far in state play  and ESC is the best team i have seen in boys play.But hey they only beat FT. lake by one during the year so they can get beat by a 3a school.
Good point! One of those bad games where they laid an egg. If anything close to that night happens they are history.

Bodyguard

Sounds like some good ole school Hack-A-Shack Pit like they play at The Chain.... Lol...

Hootie

I wasn't aware McGehee played Cedarville already  ??? ::)  ;D

Bodyguard

Quote from: Hootie on March 09, 2014, 09:51:26 pm
I wasn't aware McGehee played Cedarville already  ??? ::)  ;D

They haven't, someone from ECS is anxious and looking ahead...

neds

True , could be a bad assumption. I will have pepper on my crow,
if Cedarville pulls this game out

Paperman

ECS is very talented and disciplined. They beat a good Rivercrest team, which pulled its starters with over 3:30 to play by 30. My only problem here is the ECS coach left his starters in until there were about a minute to play up 27. The game was won when RHS pulled their starters, I was a little surprised he left them in to "Sportsmanship clock" the Colts, but that is effectively what happened. It was a very good game for three quarters, not as one-sided as the final score.
I think the Wildcats are good enough to win it all this year.
I think the Owls will have their hands full in this one.
I pick ECS by double digits.

neds

Not at all like coach Marsh, surprised

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on March 10, 2014, 02:47:41 pm
Not at all like coach Marsh, surprised
I think it was a little earlier than he said, but probably one dead ball later than it should have been.

mrknowitall1985

I've coached Freeman, Robinson, and Martin also the twins and many more on the team in football.  It's not an ounce of pretty boy in them even though they might be good looking young men.  They've always been hard nose kids and have a strong will to win.  McGehee will bring it no doubt and it will be a close game. 

Hootie

McGehee will have to play perfect to win against ECS. I honestly don't think we will keep it under 10 if we play like we have here lately. I believe in the Owls though. Dig deep and find a way to win!

Hogwild#9

Sticking with my pick of ECS by 20+

Raiderville

I dnt see ECS getting beat...Def my pick..

Jimbo Morphis

March 11, 2014, 08:27:25 am #38 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:10:43 am by Oldman
i haven't seen ecs play this year so i'm gonna go with the owls by 15.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Oldman on March 11, 2014, 08:27:25 am
i haven't seen ecs play this year som i'm gonna go with the owls by 15.
I wouldn't go with the blowout on either sides, I think this game will be close

WildcatGrandpa13

I will give quarterly updates of the game on the scores thread

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 11, 2014, 10:06:21 am
i haven't seen ecs play this year som i'm gonna go with the owls by 15.
I wouldn't go with the blowout on either sides, I think this game will be close
was expecting more responses to this. ecs is the best team in the state. it will take a perfect game from the owls to win along with a bad game from ecs.

neds

i haven't seen ecs play this year so i'm gonna go with the owls by 15.

+1
It will be a good first half

bigbuckb

Quote from: cdelaney on March 09, 2014, 07:12:39 pm
Quote from: ATU on March 09, 2014, 07:03:23 pm
Good point! One of those bad games where they laid an egg. If anything close to that night happens they are history.
FT lake is one of those teams that play slow parameter basketball and its painful to play them. We best them 3 times this year and each game was ugly and exhausting. ECS is a high octane, well coached team! These kids will not give up! They have played in games where they got down. They were down by 14 against BHG at one point but they don't get rattled.  Freeman is the only one who will potentially lose composure and he's matured over the year. I don't see anyway McGee beats them.

WPWells

What's parameter basketball? Does that have something to do with taking the derivative of a function in terms of both the variable and time?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2014, 10:33:05 am
What's parameter basketball? Does that have something to do with taking the derivative of a function in terms of both the variable and time?
english only please.

bigbuckb

They play pass the ball around the parameter waiting for an opening on the inside which may take two minutes to accomplish. Prolly beneath your expertise. You're much more knowledegable to understand.

TeeLee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2014, 10:33:05 am

You can sure tell when a man goes off to college and learns to put more than three words together.  :D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bigbuckb on March 11, 2014, 10:51:46 am
They play pass the ball around the parameter waiting for an opening on the inside which may take two minutes to accomplish. Prolly beneath your expertise. You're much more knowledegable to understand.
sigh

Hootie

Quote from: bigbuckb on March 11, 2014, 10:51:46 am

I used Google translate and it just said what in the world...  ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas