• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 9

Started by stuck in between, October 21, 2018, 09:27:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Week 9 opened some questions up in the 7-2A that should be answered in the next two weeks. I hated to see my beloved Gators lose, but that loss will lead to some excitement throughout the rest of the season. None the less I went 3-4 again missing the Mineral Springs victory over Foreman.

Dierks Vs. Spring Hill - The Outlaws will have to win out to have a chance at a play-off spot. Dierks' lone win this season came against Lafayette County who beat Spring Hill in overtime at L.C. The Bears nudged past Genoa back in week 4 by a score of 16-6 to secure their only win of the season. This one shapes up to be a pillow fight with the Outlaws more than likely coming out on top by two.

Foreman Vs. Murfreesboro - The rain washed the hopes of the Gator's undefeated season down the drain last week. After a very disappointing loss where Foreman suffered several injuries hopefully nothing more serious than damaged egos the Gators will have to pick up the pieces at home against a Rattler team who is the top contender for the #5 seed in the 7-2A. How the Gators bounce back will be a indication of their character and if they are a true championship caliber team. While Murfreesboro is improved I highly doubt they will match up the Gators. Foreman by 21.

Mineral Springs
@ Lafayette County
The Hornets stunned the state last Friday by knocking off #1 Foreman and moved to 6-2. Lafayette lost their third in a row to a Murfreesboro team that was destroyed by Mineral. As long as Mineral does not suffer a hangover from their previous victory this one should be over at halftime. Hornets by 35.

Mount Ida @ Gurdon - The Go-Devils have put up 7 wins against teams who have combined for 15 total victories. While the Lions have the same number of wins against teams who have combined for 23 victories. Both teams have one loss. Gurdon's was a 33-0 to class 4-A Haskell. Mount Ida lost 34-13 to Foreman. Against common opponents the Lions have outscored the opposition 185/18 while the Go-Devils outscored them 173/52. While I do believe the Go-Devils are a good team you can't argue with the numbers. I am not saying Gurdon can't win, but it will be an upset if they do. Lions by 8.

godgiven999

Gurdon's lone loss to 4a Haskell doesnt look that bad considering Haskell beat Nashville Friday.
Gurdon will be rocking Friday night!
Against 2a competition the numbers are practically the same. This should be a great ball game!

HORNET-MAN

All the Picks Look Good but im taking Gurdon over Ida..I said it before any team that can match up in the trenches with Ida can beat them...*Foreman Needs to get healthy # 5 played the 2nd half of the Mineral Game and limbed the whole time need to rest this kid this week and any other starters thats hurt... JMO..No Harm Meant. As far as Mineral there peaking at the right time.

Ole Man River

Well OMR's record is 7-1 on this short season.  SH Vs Dierks——the Outlaws by 6.  Foreman vs Murfressboro—— the Gator by 14.  MS vs L.C.—— the Hornets by 21.  The 7-2A Game of the Week—— OMR is going with the home team Go-Devils by 6.  OMR OUT.

BLUEBLOOD

I'll take a shot:

Dierks by 10 over SH

Foreman over Murf by 30

MS over Laf Co by 40

Mt Ida will be too much for Gurdon, taking MI in a close one by 6

Sets up a Dierks vs Murf showdown for #5 seed.  Gurdon loss puts conference in a 3-way tie for first place and a big showdown when Gurdon and Foreman match up in Week 10.  That game will be in the swamp and I will take Foreman to hold at home and still win the conference despite the loss to MS. 

Playoff outlook for 7-2A
1-4 seeds in this conference will be tough outs in the playoffs.  MS may not be as physical as the other 3, but their team speed can give anyone problems (ask the Gators).  The 5 seed will likely not make much of a splash on the road in round 1.

1.  Foreman        Bye in week 1, then home game vs winner of Carlisle/DesArc vs Hector winner
2.  Mt Ida           home game vs a 5 seed (Clarendon), Lions roll in that one
3.  Gurdon          home game versus Bearden/Hampton, GoDevils would be favored by double digits
4.  MS                travel to EPC or Cross County for a coin flip game IMO
5.  Murf/Dierks    likely travels to Salem where they will be a huge underdog

stuck in between

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 22, 2018, 09:31:43 am
I'll take a shot:

Dierks by 10 over SH

Foreman over Murf by 30

MS over Laf Co by 40

Sets up a Dierks vs Murf showdown for #5 seed.  Gurdon loss puts conference in a 3-way tie for first place and a big showdown when Gurdon and Foreman match up in Week 10.  That game will be in the swamp and I will take Foreman to hold at home and still win the conference despite the loss to MS. 

Playoff outlook for 7-2A
1-4 seeds in this conference will be tough outs in the playoffs.  MS may not be as physical as the other 3, but their team speed can give anyone problems (ask the Gators).  The 5 seed will likely not make much of a splash on the road in round 1.

1.  Foreman        Bye in week 1, then home game vs winner of Carlisle/DesArc vs Hector winner
3.  Gurdon          home game versus Bearden/Hampton, GoDevils would be favored by double digits

Good breakdown. I tend to agree with you on this.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: stuck in between on October 22, 2018, 09:48:37 am
I'll take a shot:

Dierks by 10 over SH

Foreman over Murf by 30

MS over Laf Co by 40

Playoff outlook for 7-2A

Good breakdown. I tend to agree with you on this.
I think 4 teams will go 3 rounds deep.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'll take a shot:

Dierks by 10 over SH

Foreman over Murf by 30

MS over Laf Co by 40

Playoff outlook for 7-2A

your picks for Foreman opponents are wrong. des arc will be the 2 or 3 seed from the 6 and would not play the winner of the 7 no earlier than round 3.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 22, 2018, 10:20:58 am

your picks for Foreman opponents are wrong. des arc will be the 2 or 3 seed from the 6 and would not play the winner of the 7 no earlier than round 3.
[/quo
te]
Think he has it as the 4th place team from the 6 AA not knowing if it will be Carlise or Des Arc vs Hector to play them in the second round.

Redzone

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 10:03:51 am
I think 4 teams will go 3 rounds deep.

Agreed. And 3 teams make it to the semis

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 10:33:01 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 22, 2018, 10:20:58 am

[/quo
te]
Think he has it as the 4th place team from the 6 AA not knowing if it will be Carlise or Des Arc vs Hector to play them in the second round.

des arc already beat Carlisle.

COACH-Mike

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 11:20:08 am
gotcha

I mean if des arc loses to earle and clarendon and Carlisle beats earle and Brinkley, then Carlisle would be the 2 seed,

baseball13

I'll take a shot:

Dierks by 10 over SH

Foreman over Murf by 30

MS over Laf Co by 40

Playoff outlook for 7-2A

Well Hampton wont be the 4the seed the lowest seed that can be is 3. But I think it will be a shoot out with bearden again. Hampton would roll the Go Devils. No way they would be a double digit favorite.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: baseball13 on October 22, 2018, 11:53:47 am

Well Hampton wont be the 4the seed the lowest seed that can be is 3. But I think it will be a shoot out with bearden again. Hampton would roll the Go Devils. No way they would be a double digit favorite.
I to think it will be Bearden.  They played to a 10-8 ballgame earlier this year.  Will not be double digits.

baseball13

October 22, 2018, 02:20:39 pm #15 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:47:47 pm by baseball13
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
I to think it will be Bearden.  They played to a 10-8 ballgame earlier this year.  Will not be double digits.

It will be Bearden.

1.JC
2.Hampton/Fordyce winner
3. Fordyce/Hampton loser
4.Bearden
5.PC/Strong winner

HorseFeathers

Shouldn't that be pc/strong winner?

godgiven999

Delusional

Wantobe

Good rundown, as always Stuck. I'll root for Ida this week to get Foreman back in a 3-way tie for first and maybe a few of the Gators will be able to heal up before Gurdon. If anything, maybe Ida will leave them with the hangover like the one that was left on Foreman.

godgiven999

This statement
"Hampton would roll the Go Devils"
author=baseball13 link=topic=157461.msg3637948#msg3637948 date=1540241353]
how you figure Im delusional?
[/quote]

baseball13

Well you know im not suppose to compare scores but the mighty GO DEVILS beat bearden by 2 and Hampton beat them by 40.

godgiven999

I know I'm not suppose to compare records as well but I wonder what Hamptons overall record since 2001 is compared to Gurdons
Quote from: baseball13 on October 22, 2018, 04:12:33 pm
Well you know im not suppose to compare scores but the mighty GO DEVILS beat bearden by 2 and Hampton beat them by 40.

godgiven999

October 22, 2018, 04:21:23 pm #23 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:25:45 pm by godgiven999
I looked it up out it curiosity.
Gurdon 115-85  Hampton 69-95-1
And Gurdon spent 5 years of that in 3a.
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 04:16:29 pm
I know I'm not suppose to compare records as well but I wonder what Hamptons overall record since 2001 is compared to Gurdons

baseball13

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 04:21:23 pm
I looked it up out it curiosity.
Gurdon 115-85  Hampton 69-95-1
And Gurdon spent 5 years of that in 3a.

Ok? That means nothing but years past.

godgiven999

As does the Bearden game!
Quote from: baseball13 lin1k=topic=157461.msg3637994#msg3637994 date=1540245537
Ok? That means nothing but years past.

baseball13

That was this year.

Do you know what the record between Hampton and Gurdon is?

godgiven999

0-1
Quote from: baseball13 on October 22, 2018, 07:53:36 pm
That was this year.

Do you know what the record between Hampton and Gurdon is?

G-HIGH

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 22, 2018, 08:16:51 pm
0-1

Worried about a Gurdon game that might not even happen could quickly turn Fordyce into Hampton's Mineral Springs of this season.

godgiven999

I believe ole baseball was referring to when Hampton beat Gurdon in 2001. It was 1 of 2 season in the last 20 years where Hampton was actually relevant.
Quote from: G-HIGH on October 22, 2018, 08:21:26 pm
Worried about a Gurdon game that might not even happen could quickly turn Fordyce into Hampton's Mineral Springs of this season.

Wildcatalumni21

Hampton would beat Gurdon by at least 3 td's

baseball13

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 22, 2018, 08:21:26 pm

im not worried about the game because you are right it will not happen unless yall win far enough to meet us deeper in the playoffs. Gurdon will be playing Bearden. I just dont see yall getting past Mt. IDA and/or Foreman.

Lionsquatch

Anyone else think Mineral Springs will be possibly the most dangerous 4-seed in playoffs?

72aDaddy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 22, 2018, 10:04:33 pm
Hampton would beat Gurdon by at least 3 td's
Oh my. Remember, regardless of this little blip of success that mounts to not even winning your conference...Hampton is still Hampton and will always be Hampton.

stuck in between

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 23, 2018, 08:59:19 am
Anyone else think Mineral Springs will be possibly the most dangerous 4-seed in playoffs?

Probably, but if Gurdon happens to beat Foreman week 11 that would put them in the 4th spot. That would be very dangerous.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 23, 2018, 09:31:06 am
Oh my. Remember, regardless of this little blip of success that mounts to not even winning your conference...Hampton is still Hampton and will always be Hampton.
I'm not from Hamilton so doesn't bother me lol. I'm just speaking for this year. My team has won quite a few conference championships

baseball13

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 23, 2018, 09:31:06 am

Yep you are right. Hampton has been down since about 02 or 03. before that Hampton was a dominate football team. Hampton is back to true form now.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: baseball13 on October 23, 2018, 10:05:47 am

Yep you are right. Hampton has been down since about 02 or 03. before that Hampton was a dominate football team. Hampton is back to true form now.
Alot like us this year, don't have 1 standout stud but Kore of a team effort and getting contributions from multiple people

eldofan

I agree Hampton is stout

72aDaddy

Quote from: baseball13 on October 23, 2018, 10:05:47 am

Right...And in a year or 2 you guys will be battling it out with PC or Strong or Woodlawn for the 4th or 5th seed...That is of course if you're not already in 8 man ball.

baseball13

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 23, 2018, 08:44:32 pm
Right...And in a year or 2 you guys will be battling it out with PC or Strong or Woodlawn for the 4th or 5th seed...That is of course if you're not already in 8 man ball.

Hampton might be battleing it out down there as well as Gurdon might be down battleing it out with springhill deirks LC. you never know how a bunch of high school kids are going to do. but we will see and I bet that Hampton dont go that far down ever again.

72aDaddy

Quote from: baseball13 on October 24, 2018, 07:03:28 am
Hampton might be battleing it out down there as well as Gurdon might be down battleing it out with springhill deirks LC. you never know how a bunch of high school kids are going to do. but we will see and I bet that Hampton dont go that far down ever again.
No....I know. As long as Gurdon is in 2a, they will be competing for conference. Gurdon's mantra is a tough in-season squad year in and year out that competes (and often wins) for conference. Then, just to inevitably stumble in the playoffs. Granted being in the 7, Gurdon is often paired with the 8's best in the playoffs at some point. And the thing about that, it's never Hampton. So say what you will, but father time will see Hampton back to its rightful place.

baseball13

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 24, 2018, 08:13:00 am
No....I know. As long as Gurdon is in 2a, they will be competing for conference. Gurdon's mantra is a tough in-season squad year in and year out that competes (and often wins) for conference. Then, just to inevitably stumble in the playoffs. Granted being in the 7, Gurdon is often paired with the 8's best in the playoffs at some point. And the thing about that, it's never Hampton. So say what you will, but father time will see Hampton back to its rightful place.

we will see with time

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas