• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 5A Boys State Tournament Final: Hot Springs 3, De Queen 1

Started by sevenof400, April 23, 2017, 09:42:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to track the results of the 5A Boys State Playoffs. 

5A Tournament: host Valley View
Valley View will utilize a four field system (similar to what was used in Hot Springs last year). 
The four schools used will be Valley View, Nettleton, Jonesboro, and Brookland High Schools.
Be sure to verify the field (location) your team will play at before departing!

5A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Hot Springs vs DeQueen

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the bracket will play at 12:00 noon Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1C vs 4S  --  LRCA 6 vs Hope 0
2W vs 3E   --  Maumelle 1  vs Batesville 0

LRCA 1  vs Maumelle 0

Hot Springs 1  vs  LRCA 0

Hot Springs 4  vs Clarksville 0

1S vs 4C  --  Hot Springs 4  vs Pulaski Academy 0
2E vs 3W   --  Nettleton 0  vs Clarksville 3

The games in the bottom half of the bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1E vs 4W  --  Valley View 1 vs Greenbrier 0
2S vs 3C   --  HS Lakeside 2  vs Sylvan Hills 1

Valley View 2  vs HS Lakeside 0

Valley View 1  vs  DeQueen 2

Harrison 1  vs DeQueen 4

1W vs 4E  --  Harrison 4  vs GCT 0
2C vs 3S   --  LR McClellan 0  vs DeQueen 5

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

They will be using the turf fields at Valley View, Nettleton, Jonesboro, and Brookland High Schools for the 5A Tournament.

sevenof400

Bracket times have been updated on AHSAA.ORG and here too.

As of 4/25/2017, the info in the OP is correct.

sevenof400

Still waiting on some conference tournament results here. 

Sir Alex

East boys
1 valley  view
2 Nettleton
3 Batesville
4 GCT

VHSCoach2

South Boys:

1. Hot Springs
2. Lakeside
3. De Queen
4. Hope

sevenof400

hogbert

Rocket23

HP14

I saw VV High school was filming. Is it a live broadcast?

RazorDad

May 11, 2017, 02:12:30 pm #10 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:17:43 pm by RazorDad
LRCA over Hope 6-0
Hot Springs over PA 4-0
Clarksville over Nettleton 3-0
Maumelle over Batesville over 1-0

Go Postal

Quote from: HP14 on May 11, 2017, 12:49:29 pm
I saw VV High school was filming. Is it a live broadcast?
I didn't see anything on YouTube for them or PA or Harrison sites.  Anyone know if LRCA is broadcasting? I'm still stuck in Oklahoma, but have my phone and PS4 to pull up streaming.

Sir Alex

hogbert

no, we aren't broadcasting. That's only football. :)

Rocket23

Any weather updates?  Are they back to playing?

Go Postal

I heard Harrison was up 2-0 at half but rain delay.

chaoslord

Per Twitter

Valley View 1 Greenbrier 0
Dequeen 5 McClellan 0

chaoslord

Per Twitter

"Sylvan Hills-Lakeside and Harrison-Greene County Tech soccer matches suspended around 20 min left. Meeting now for rescheduling."

Interesting that they are rescheduling here and the Arkadelphia game was called. Curious if the Arkadelphia twitter misspoke and they'll resume that one tomorrow.

sevenof400

I agree - can't believe a coach would not want to finish a playoff game.....

Sir Alex

Harrison leads 4-0 with 26 left, playing the rest in the morning if the weather allows. I really doubt any games get played tomorrow but that is just my opinion. Forecast I scrappy for sure.  VV has done a great job trying to make things work today and tomorrow. Hats off to them. 

McClellan leaving during the rain delay is complete crap. 

Rocket23

So McClellan didn't finish their game and just left during rain delay with score 5-0?

Sir Alex

Quote from: Rocket23 on May 11, 2017, 11:41:32 pm
So McClellan didn't finish their game and just left during rain delay with score 5-0?

Yes

Mijally2

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 11, 2017, 09:29:28 pm
Harrison leads 4-0 with 26 left, playing the rest in the morning if the weather allows. I really doubt any games get played tomorrow but that is just my opinion. Forecast I scrappy for sure.  VV has done a great job trying to make things work today and tomorrow. Hats off to them. 

McClellan leaving during the rain delay is complete crap.
Why?  Did you expect them to come back from 5-0?  They conceded. Why would they hang around indefinitely for nothing like the other teams?  They are required to be in school today so the district gets the money for their attendance. Who is going to feed them all day and night?  Not the LRSD. You don't understand the disadvantages the public schools in the city operate with.  They did the right thing for the kids of McClellan and that's all that matters.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Mijally2 on May 12, 2017, 08:26:43 am
Why?  Did you expect them to come back from 5-0?  They conceded. Why would they hang around indefinitely for nothing like the other teams?  They are required to be in school today so the district gets the money for their attendance. Who is going to feed them all day and night?  Not the LRSD. You don't understand the disadvantages the public schools in the city operate with.  They did the right thing for the kids of McClellan and that's all that matters.

I guess not but that explains their mentality.  Why come at all?  Leaving without telling anyone  is what I was referring to. 

VHSCoach2

Mijally2

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 12, 2017, 09:47:49 am
I guess not but that explains their mentality.  Why come at all?  Leaving without telling anyone  is what I was referring to.
No it doesn't. They came up, got outplayed and the weather dictated the individuals in charge to make a decision to end the contest for the betterment of the kids. No more no less.

Mijally2

Not telling anyone would not be acceptable. I agree with that.

VHSCoach2

Hot Springs 4 - Clarksville 0 - final

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Mundo9

Jdhelbig

What about Hot Springs Lakeside vs Valley View? Any updates or are they rescheduling?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 12, 2017, 05:39:35 pm
What about Hot Springs Lakeside vs Valley View? Any updates or are they rescheduling?

They will play at 4 PM tomorrow and the semifinal from the bottom half of the bracket will be played on Monday.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Hot Springs 1 - LRCA 0 - final

A last-second LRCA goal was disallowed.

TNT_15

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2017, 12:44:34 pm
Hot Springs 1 - LRCA 0 - final

A last-second LRCA goal was disallowed.
Why was it disallowed

VHSCoach2

Quote from: TNT_15 on May 13, 2017, 01:48:20 pm
Why was it disallowed

Not sure.  I'm following updates on Twitter.

If I had to assume, the wording used, "last-second," might mean that LRCA got a shot off but it didn't cross the line before time ran out.

TNT_15

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2017, 01:51:18 pm
Not sure.  I'm following updates on Twitter.

If I had to assume, the wording used, "last-second," might mean that LRCA got a shot off but it didn't cross the line before time ran out.
That is truly heartbreaking for them if that is the case.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: TNT_15 on May 13, 2017, 01:58:34 pm
That is truly heartbreaking for them if that is the case.

Just found out the goal was disallowed due to a foul on LRCA.

Arkansas8

I was at the game and the refs said it was handball on LRCA!!

MDXPHD

VHSCoach2

De Queen 1 - Valley View 0 - halftime

De Queen's goal came from a penalty kick that was the result of what is being called a "controversial foul."

Jdhelbig

DeQueen 2
Valley View 1
Final

Leopards are going to the final in Fayetteville to face Hot Springs! An all South final! Should be a classic😊

Jdhelbig

So what are everyone's thoughts, opinions, predictions etc. on the championship game this weekend?

VHSCoach2

Hot Springs will be playing to defend their title and send their coach off to Alma with another State Championship. Lots of emotion for the Trojans heading into the game. Their coach will have them ready, as will De Queen's I'm sure.

In the end, I think it'll be close. I predict a one-goal difference at the final whistle in Hot Springs' favor.

VHSCoach2

Hot Springs wins 3-1.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas