• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOUNDS VS MOHAWKS

Started by Gr3yhounds, October 20, 2018, 08:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

I don't think Piggott is your average 5-3 team I fully expect this to me a comepetive game.
Your thoughts?

501Arkansas

Run game is their bread and butter and they do it well. First half Friday against Osceola, Piggott did everything right. Seminoles had 10+ penalty for about 120+ yards. piggott went into halftime winning 14-13. In the  Second half it was a different  story. But Newport will win this one

sprained ankle

The Hounds should not have any trouble getting motivated for this game after the thumping Piggott put on them last year. If Newport gets caught up in a grind it out type game Piggott could make it very close. If the Hounds open it up with the run and pass, which looks like what Osceola did in the second half,  the Hounds should roll.  Newport's balanced attack will be the difference in this one. Hounds 45 Mohawks 24. GO HOUNDS!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 21, 2018, 08:22:14 am
The Hounds should not have any trouble getting motivated for this game after the thumping Piggott put on them last year. If Newport gets caught up in a grind it out type game Piggott could make it very close. If the Hounds open it up with the run and pass, which looks like what Osceola did in the second half,  the Hounds should roll.  Newport's balanced attack will be the difference in this one. Hounds 45 Mohawks 24. GO HOUNDS!!
Yup piggott goal is to run as much clock as possible. That kid Gunner Shaw is tough

Cougar2004

Mohawks pull the upset 28-27

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Cougar2004 on October 21, 2018, 11:25:55 pm
Mohawks pull the upset 28-27
I don't see that happening two years in a row. Hounds go into this game with eyes wide open and something to prove.

Oldhound56

The Mohawks are good and very difficult to beat at home.  Newport didn't get off the bus last year when they traveled to Piggott.  They had the back up quarterback starting and he got injured about 2 series into the game.  The starting QB, who missed the week before didn't practice the whole week, but was thrown into action.  The Mohawks were fired up and ready to play, got a couple early breaks and momentum never swung back the way of the Hounds.  The focus of this Hounds team seems to be better and hopefully they understand what a win this week sets up for them.  It will be a very tough game and Piggott will give them all they want I am sure, but if the Hounds can come out on top it will be a big win.  Prayers in hoping neither team has any injuries.

Go Hounds!

Gr3yhounds

Ready to see what this game holds. Piggott is a run right at you kind of team. Newport really just needs to do what Osceola did in the second half.

Mohawk Brotherhood

I expect an intense game friday night..Go Mohawks!

Leo Marvin

This will be a BIG test for Newport.  Could be a slobberknocker!!

ISU7

Piggott has some key injuries
Black & Orange by 17   8)

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 24, 2018, 09:48:53 am
Piggott has some key injuries
Black & Orange by 17   8)Osceola beat up on them?

Oldhound56

We always hear about teams having key injuries, but no one ever says who it is.  Therefore, one must assume that they are at full speed and no one is out.

Leo Marvin

Congratulations to Newport Junior High for back to back undefeated seasons.  They closed this season out with a convincing victory over Piggott.  I look forward to watching them compete as Greyhounds!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas