• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce vs Dewitt

Started by redbug2000, September 24, 2007, 09:06:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win

Fordyce
18 (75%)
Dewitt
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 29, 2007, 09:06:48 am

redbug2000

What are the predictions between Hamburg and  Fordyce game ?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: redbug2000 on September 24, 2007, 09:06:48 am
knowing what i know i'll have to go with hamburg.

chilly gilly

phdefense

Budders

September 24, 2007, 09:39:01 am #4 Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:13:49 pm by authenticity
What are the predictions between Hamburg Dewitt and  Fordyce game ?

Quote from: oldman on September 24, 2007, 09:09:25 am
knowing what i know i'll have to go with hamburg.

Hamburg already won....

but I think fordyce and dewitt will be fairly evenly matched, fordyce had fits covering hamburgs recievers, but dewitts run mentality will play to the favor of fordyce.  Fordyce by a touchdown.

LJ06

Going to be a very close game.  Closer than I would have expected at the start of the season, but seeing as Fordyce lost to Hamburg, it will be a tight ball game.  DeWitt will probably control a good portion of the game with their smash mouth offense, but the question is will the be able to turn those long drives into points?  It will be interesting to see how Fordyce fairs after losing to Hamburg.  I pick Fordyce in this one...

Fordyce 20
DeWitt 16

Code3Cat

Old Lion

September 24, 2007, 12:20:43 pm #7 Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:22:54 pm by Lion Supporter
Fordyce has a strong runner in I think his # is 14. He is a hoss. He ran  most of his carries right up the middle behind his blocks. There was not a whole lot of stopping him when he broke loose, which he did several times. If Dewitt can stop him it could be close, if they can't, Fordyce by 21.

tank

If DeWitt don't play any better than they did at Dumas, they will not win another game.  Getting their fullback back off IR will help things.

Budders

Quote from: tank on September 24, 2007, 02:05:06 pm
If DeWitt don't play any better than they did at Dumas, they will not win another game.  Getting their fullback back off IR will help things.
one player won't make that big of a difference, but I do wish you luck in your endeavors.

tank

Are you kidding me?  On a team with only 29 players, one player can make a huge difference. 

Budders

Quote from: tank on September 24, 2007, 02:25:10 pm
Are you kidding me?  On a team with only 29 players, one player can make a huge difference. 

one player can make a 28 point first quarter difference?  When did you recruit Darren Mcfadden?

tank

If I understand things correctly, the Dragons aren't facing Dumas again this week.  I believe they play Fordyce.  I think that one person may be enough to make a difference in a close game. 

Budders

OK maybe I misunderstood I thought you said dewitt would have a close game.

tank

From your posts, I am guessing you are a Bobcat fan?  I will give credit where credit's do.  You have a very good team.  I think you will have no problem finishing 3rd in the conference.  Fordyce and DeWitt will be a battle of the cellar dwellers.  In this game, the Dragons will need all of their starters. 

Budders

Quote from: tank on September 24, 2007, 02:57:28 pm
From your posts, I am guessing you are a Bobcat fan?  I will give credit where credit's do.  You have a very good team.  I think you will have no problem finishing 3rd in the conference.  Fordyce and DeWitt will be a battle of the cellar dwellers.  In this game, the Dragons will need all of their starters. 

Bobcat fan not exactly, I do enjoy watching good teams play.  I am excited for Clark Watkins and his first head coaching job at Fordyce, not sure if he can get fordyce back the good ol days, but all the fordyce alumni can sit and wait to see if their qb who took them to 2 straight state titles can get them there.  This will be an exciting year across the board, but like I said one person will not make a difference.

flylikeaneagle

September 24, 2007, 04:04:14 pm #16 Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:52:43 pm by flylikeaneagle
Quote from: authenticity on September 24, 2007, 03:39:55 pm
Bobcat fan not exactly, I do enjoy watching good teams play.  I am excited for Clark Watkins and his first head coaching job at Fordyce, not sure if he can get fordyce back the good ol days, but all the fordyce alumni can sit and wait to see if their qb who took them to 2 straight state titles can get them there.  This will be an exciting year across the board, but like I said one person will not make a difference.
man you are crazy if you think one man wont make a difference....especially the main guy on the team....for example look at how bad the hogs have missed marcus monk. The big running back for dewitt is for sure the best blocker on the team!

baller11244

FORDYCE no doubt

Homecoming and the boys are just ready to play.

Williams is a good running back and will carry the team but where is the ALL FRIDAY night QB against Rison been at the last few games

hootingowl

I'll say hamburg 39 fordyce 34! I  may be wrong but i think this game has already been played..?

tank

I'm not sure if Authenticity has ever been, much less played in a high school football game.  Most 4A teams are based around a couple of players.  Do you think Dumas would be just as good without their 4.3 speed QB?

redbug2000

LJ06

Fordyce better be careful if it is their homecoming game.  There is nothing a team likes to do more than come into another team's house and beat them on their homecoming.  Also, this is the game that can be the coaches worst nightmare.  They absolutely hate these games.  It is very easy for the guys to become distracted with all the activites surrounding them.  DeWitt might be a tough one to put away if the distractions are not held to a minimum.

Budders

Quote from: tank on September 25, 2007, 03:01:06 pm

I'm not sure if Authenticity has ever been, much less played in a high school football game.  Most 4A teams are based around a couple of players.  Do you think Dumas would be just as good without their 4.3 speed QB?

Actually I thought he was clocked at a 4.5-4.6 this summer by hand translating into a 4.7-4.8, not blazing fast.  Lake village had no problem keeping him contained or their running back.  a 4.6 in 8-4a is not that fast, so do I think they would be as good...probably, I am not real sure what or if they have a back up qb at all.  No one person will win or lose a football game.

546post

Quote from: authenticity on September 27, 2007, 11:28:27 am

Actually I thought he was clocked at a 4.5-4.6 this summer by hand translating into a 4.7-4.8, not blazing fast.  Lake village had no problem keeping him contained or their running back.  a 4.6 in 8-4a is not that fast, so do I think they would be as good...probably, I am not real sure what or if they have a back up qb at all.  No one person will win or lose a football game.

Actually it was 4.6 on accutime...so that would be about a 4.4 hand held...One person could pretty much lose a football game...technically if both sides played perfect the entire game and the last snap of the game one guy fumbled, threw a pick, etc...the other team could score and it would be one guys fault. Coaching is probably the biggest problem in a lot of schools... If Dumas Jr High had some coaching they would be unstoppable. They are winning strictly on athletes right now. If they learn to block and tackle they will really utilize their players more effectively.

Budders

Quote from: 546post on September 27, 2007, 12:11:15 pm
Quote from: authenticity on September 27, 2007, 11:28:27 am

Actually it was 4.6 on accutime...so that would be about a 4.4 hand held...One person could pretty much lose a football game...technically if both sides played perfect the entire game and the last snap of the game one guy fumbled, threw a pick, etc...the other team could score and it would be one guys fault. Coaching is probably the biggest problem in a lot of schools... If Dumas Jr High had some coaching they would be unstoppable. They are winning strictly on athletes right now. If they learn to block and tackle they will really utilize their players more effectively.

So basically any jr high team who wins has great athletes?...ok, any coach will tell you that when you go back through the film that they had there chances someone missed a block, missed a tackle a game will not come down to one play, yes one play can win it but one play can't lose it. 

546post

Some teams can win based on the pure athletes they have..even with a lack of coaching...ex...Dumas Jr High...Lake Village Jr High/Sr High...etc...
Just saying with both they could be awesome...

thescout

Dumas has been winning with great athletes only? check their record  over the last couple of years.  They must have been down athleticly recently

razorcard11

The last time I checked this was the "Fordyce vs Dewitt" thread. Why all the dumas jr coach bashing? Can't we all just get along? 

tank

Authenticity, I've been watching football for a long time, and if #2 for Dumas runs a 4.8, so does Darren McFadden.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas