• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2007 Lumberjacks

Started by The_Preacher, May 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dc24

May 28, 2007, 03:04:50 pm #100 Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:09:08 pm by dc24
Quote from: intangible on May 28, 2007, 02:51:11 pm
We'll see... I think they'll both be good.  But I am not drunk enough to say haskell WILL be better than those guys.  He's got potential...but so do many other players in warren.  Can anyone tell me who the best player on the Warren JR High football team was Jarius Wright and Greg Childs 9th grade year?  It wasnt either of them.  So jr high football is very unreliable.  Hayden will be a great high school qb, but his height may hinder in him being recruited.  Haskell is an athlete...and thats all he is right now.  I lot of warrens season will depend on these 2 guys, so I hope they exceed all expectations.

I'm sure you're talking about Rodney Courtney.  He would have been another great one had he kept all his stuff together.  That's exactly what I'm saying about Haskell.  He will be great if he can keep his stuff straight.  If everything falls into place, he could be the best player to come out of Warren.  Will he?  I don't know.  I'm just giving credit were credit is due, why don't you try to compliment someone other than your friends. 

The_Preacher

hey  give the smith kid time to play high school ball before ya'll talk college

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 28, 2007, 03:04:50 pm
We'll see... I think they'll both be good.  But I am not drunk enough to say haskell WILL be better than those guys.  He's got potential...but so do many other players in warren.  Can anyone tell me who the best player on the Warren JR High football team was Jarius Wright and Greg Childs 9th grade year?  It wasnt either of them.  So jr high football is very unreliable.  Hayden will be a great high school qb, but his height may hinder in him being recruited.  Haskell is an athlete...and thats all he is right now.  I lot of warrens season will depend on these 2 guys, so I hope they exceed all expectations.

I'm sure you're talking about Rodney Courtney.  He would have been another great one had he kept all his stuff together.  That's exactly what I'm saying about Haskell.  He will be great if he can keep his stuff straight.  If everything falls into place, he could be the best player to come out of Warren.  Will he?  I don't know.  I'm just giving credit were credit is due, why don't you try to compliment someone other than your friends. 
Who did I not compliment?  I don't even know some of running backs I mentioned either.  I like Courtney just fine.  I said he will be very important to the team, just forgive me if I'm not going to buy into the idea, that he will be the best player in the history, of one of the most talented programs in the state.   The best players are Bret Smith, T-Rod, and Alonzo Hampton.  After this season, some new names might be added to that list.  And I dont think after a sophomore season anyone will be able to tell.  It would be a discredit to a lot of great players if I were to say any player on our team was going to be the greatest.  I do know Jay Wright and Greg Childs are EASILY the most highly recruited players Warren has ever had.  I personally believe that doesn't have very much to do with how good a player is in High School.  But like I said we'll see, and why dont you stop trying to be miss cleo and make all these predicitions about players.

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 22, 2007, 09:06:10 pm
Quote from: intangible on May 22, 2007, 03:31:53 pm
Quote from: jimbojack on May 22, 2007, 03:24:36 pm
Haskell has the potenial to be Warren's best RB ever---IF he works hard and keeps his grades in order.
waaayyy to early to make that prediction.

He WILL be the best RB to come through Warren
and that is a ridiculous claim this early in his career.

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 29, 2007, 12:03:57 pm

Who did I not compliment?  I don't even know some of running backs I mentioned either.  I like Courtney just fine.  I said he will be very important to the team, just forgive me if I'm not going to buy into the idea, that he will be the best player in the history, of one of the most talented programs in the state.   The best players are Bret Smith, T-Rod, and Alonzo Hampton.  After this season, some new names might be added to that list.  And I dont think after a sophomore season anyone will be able to tell.  It would be a discredit to a lot of great players if I were to say any player on our team was going to be the greatest.  I do know Jay Wright and Greg Childs are EASILY the most highly recruited players Warren has ever had.  I personally believe that doesn't have very much to do with how good a player is in High School.  But like I said we'll see, and why dont you stop trying to be miss cleo and make all these predicitions about players.

I haven't deemed him the greatest ever.  We were talking about greatest Running Back, which he very well could be.  He's going to have a chance to be a 3 year starter, which everyone doesn't get.  He's got all the talent in the world, and yes, he might be the greatest ever to come through Warren.  I'm not saying he will, but you're being very blind if you don't see the potential there.  I would agree with you that Jay and Greg are the most highly recruited players ever at Warren High.  I do know there were some people before though that could've been added to the list of greatest ever.  There was a Defensive Lineman a while back, back in the 90's, I believe his last name was Patton, he was getting calls from Miami and the like, but he didn't make the grades and didn't play his Sr. year.  Anyone remember Tyrone Phillips?  We probably would've won the state championship his Sr. year in 2005, but he got kicked off the team.  He had just as much talent as Darryl and Ricardo.  I still think T-Rod was the most talented player out of him, Bret, and RoShaun, but we haven't been able to see him in college, hopefully we will though pretty soon.  I shouldn't have said that he WILL be the best RB to come through Warren.  All I meant was that he has a chance, a very good chance, barring injury, grades, etc.  I don't remember any players coming out of Jr. High that Warren has been more excited about than Hayden and Courtney.  The fact is that they do have reason to be excited.  Hayden is splitting receiver's hands open, and Haskell ran a 4.36 in the 8th grade, not to mention the success he had in post-season this year.  I have questions about both of them as well, and I'm not deeming anyone the greatest to come out of Warren, we'll have to wait until after their Sr. year to know that, but all I'm saying is that the talent is there for Courtney, all he has to do is make the decision to use it, and have a few other things fall into place like not getting injured, having a decent line, having other players around him so that he isn't singled out, etc.  If, and that's a pretty big if, all those things fall into place, I don't see him not being in at least the top 3 RB's to come out of Warren.  Personally, I think if all those things fall into place, he will be the best RB to come through Warren.  I'm not asking you to believe that, I'm just asking you to give him and Hayden a little credit.  I've noticed a trend of you dogging Hayden and Haskell every chance you get on here, and I don't really know why you do it.

The_Preacher

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 29, 2007, 01:08:25 pm

Who did I not compliment?  I don't even know some of running backs I mentioned either.  I like Courtney just fine.  I said he will be very important to the team, just forgive me if I'm not going to buy into the idea, that he will be the best player in the history, of one of the most talented programs in the state.   The best players are Bret Smith, T-Rod, and Alonzo Hampton.  After this season, some new names might be added to that list.  And I dont think after a sophomore season anyone will be able to tell.  It would be a discredit to a lot of great players if I were to say any player on our team was going to be the greatest.  I do know Jay Wright and Greg Childs are EASILY the most highly recruited players Warren has ever had.  I personally believe that doesn't have very much to do with how good a player is in High School.  But like I said we'll see, and why dont you stop trying to be miss cleo and make all these predicitions about players.

I haven't deemed him the greatest ever.  We were talking about greatest Running Back, which he very well could be.  He's going to have a chance to be a 3 year starter, which everyone doesn't get.  He's got all the talent in the world, and yes, he might be the greatest ever to come through Warren.  I'm not saying he will, but you're being very blind if you don't see the potential there.  I would agree with you that Jay and Greg are the most highly recruited players ever at Warren High.  I do know there were some people before though that could've been added to the list of greatest ever.  There was a Defensive Lineman a while back, back in the 90's, I believe his last name was Patton, he was getting calls from Miami and the like, but he didn't make the grades and didn't play his Sr. year.  Anyone remember Tyrone Phillips?  We probably would've won the state championship his Sr. year in 2005, but he got kicked off the team.  He had just as much talent as Darryl and Ricardo.  I still think T-Rod was the most talented player out of him, Bret, and RoShaun, but we haven't been able to see him in college, hopefully we will though pretty soon.  I shouldn't have said that he WILL be the best RB to come through Warren.  All I meant was that he has a chance, a very good chance, barring injury, grades, etc.  I don't remember any players coming out of Jr. High that Warren has been more excited about than Hayden and Courtney.  The fact is that they do have reason to be excited.  Hayden is splitting receiver's hands open, and Haskell ran a 4.36 in the 8th grade, not to mention the success he had in post-season this year.  I have questions about both of them as well, and I'm not deeming anyone the greatest to come out of Warren, we'll have to wait until after their Sr. year to know that, but all I'm saying is that the talent is there for Courtney, all he has to do is make the decision to use it, and have a few other things fall into place like not getting injured, having a decent line, having other players around him so that he isn't singled out, etc.  If, and that's a pretty big if, all those things fall into place, I don't see him not being in at least the top 3 RB's to come out of Warren.  Personally, I think if all those things fall into place, he will be the best RB to come through Warren.  I'm not asking you to believe that, I'm just asking you to give him and Hayden a little credit.  I've noticed a trend of you dogging Hayden and Haskell every chance you get on here, and I don't really know why you do it.
I have given them all the credit they deserve!  I said they will be important to our team and both have talent.  Forgive me if I do  not buy in to the idea that they are the greatest, because right now they are just the latest.  They are easily the most talented players in their class, and they both will be good.  Show me where I have dogged them?

Papa Billie™

Come on Dennen, Roper is correct...The kid has only played in one game.  Sure he played well but then he ran over our weakest corner, that doesn't show a lot of skill in itself to me....We should have made some adjustments and did not.   I don't think he will run that wild in the next contest.   If he does, then I will anoint him one of the greatest myself....SS

Go Scrappers

Romeo

That defensive lineman in the 90's was robert patton.  He was without question the best defensive player warren ever had and he only played one season in 1996. From what I heard he was being contacted by over 50 schools in his sophomore season. If he had stayed straight he would have been playing on sunday's. The hype on haskell is similar to what patton had. I just hope it dosen't turn out the way patton's did.

Romeo

The best at each position in Warren History

QB tie-Jonathan Bryant
           Reid Mckinney
RB tie-Terrance Moore
           Marcus Tatum
FB  Alex Harris
WR Bret Smith
OL Curt Barger
DL  Robert Patton
LB  tie-Chase Ellis
           Lyle Henley
DB Alonzo Hampton

The_Preacher

you guys  better get out the books  they were  players in the 70's that played D-1 ball and where  great ball players  moo lawence, the burrett boys.just off the top of my head so  before the ballot is cast get all the Warren players from the past not just the last 10 or 12 years.  teams may not have been that good  but the  players  were good then too.

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 30, 2007, 02:10:17 pm
Quote from: dc24 on May 29, 2007, 01:08:25 pm

I have given them all the credit they deserve!  I said they will be important to our team and both have talent.  Forgive me if I do  not buy in to the idea that they are the greatest, because right now they are just the latest.  They are easily the most talented players in their class, and they both will be good.  Show me where I have dogged them?

Every chance you get to dog them you do.  If someone said something about giving Hayden a chance back during the playoffs, you got on here and said he wasn't that good and was no where near ready, which I don't think he should have started over Pace, don't get me wrong, but you downplay both of them.  It's just Hayden isn't that good, and Courtney just ran over a guy and is fast.  It's more than that.  I'm not saying they are the greatest, I've said that Courtney has a good chance and IMO will be the best RB, only RB, not greatest player ever or anything which you said that I said, to come through Warren IF certain things happen.  Hayden also has a very good chance to be very good.  I don't remember a time when there was talk of a freshman QB starting in the playoffs for an undefeated team in Warren.  I thought that was kind of outlandish myself, but the fact that it was being put out there is a credit to how good other people think he is.  The fact that Bo had Courtney out there for all the playoff games, not just one Super Scrapper, and was relying on him to produce some more offense, is a credit to how good Bo thought he was then and how good he can be.  I'm sorry if I'm the only one who sees it that way, but that's just my two cents. 

Oh and SS, I don't care if it was your weakest corner, had this been a Scrapper, you'd be all over Fearless Friday talking about how good he was.  And as I said earlier, he played in every playoff game and I guess the final two regular season games.  It wasn't mop up duty either, it was in big time situations, that coaches want Juniors and Seniors in, definitely not Freshmen. 

Thanks, Romeo, on giving me the name.  I just knew it was a Patton, I remember my Dad telling me about him.  Let's just hope that Courtney or Hayden, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't turn out like he did.  He could've been something special, but it just didn't happen. 

JackStar

I asked you to show me, you didnt.  So naturally, you're just blowing smoke.  I have never said I think either of them are going to be a bad player.  I think they'll both be great actually.  But they arent right now and I dont think they'll be the greatest either.  Read you're earlier posts.  You DID say you thought courtney was going to be the best to come through warren.  So either take it back, or stick by it.  Dont say and then say you didnt.  Hayden is one of my good friend and has a great arm.  But it is not a discredit in anyway, to say that i dont know if this guys going to be a great quarterback.  It's hard to be a quarterback at warren.  he certainly has the tools, but thats all right now.  I like haskell too,  he's big, strong and fast.  But I'm not goin to say he's going to be the best rb (or player) to come through warren until he has more than 10 carries under his belt. 

jimbojack

relax bro.  everybody likes to play prognosticator. 

westin will be the best o-lineman to come through warren ever!

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 30, 2007, 07:08:16 pm
I asked you to show me, you didnt.  So naturally, you're just blowing smoke.  I have never said I think either of them are going to be a bad player.  I think they'll both be great actually.  But they arent right now and I dont think they'll be the greatest either.  Read you're earlier posts.  You DID say you thought courtney was going to be the best to come through warren.  So either take it back, or stick by it.  Dont say and then say you didnt.  Hayden is one of my good friend and has a great arm.  But it is not a discredit in anyway, to say that i dont know if this guys going to be a great quarterback.  It's hard to be a quarterback at warren.  he certainly has the tools, but thats all right now.  I like haskell too,  he's big, strong and fast.  But I'm not goin to say he's going to be the best rb (or player) to come through warren until he has more than 10 carries under his belt. 

I'm not going to go dig up all the posts during the playoff run where you dog Hayden, but you toot Pace's horn like he was one of the best Warren QB's ever.  I did say Courtney will be the greatest RB to come through Warren.  I'll stick to it.  He will be barring he stays eligible and out of trouble.  I also think he has more than 10 carries, but oh well.  He showed me enough during the most important games of the season that he'll be special.  I'm not going to go that far on Hayden, but I also think he'll be good.  Let's just leave it at this.  I think Courtney will be a great player at WHS, and I also think Hayden will be very, very good.  You just want to wait a little while before you make any predictions, can you live with that? 

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 30, 2007, 08:01:32 pm

I'm not going to go dig up all the posts during the playoff run where you dog Hayden, but you toot Pace's horn like he was one of the best Warren QB's ever.  I did say Courtney will be the greatest RB to come through Warren.  I'll stick to it.  He will be barring he stays eligible and out of trouble.  I also think he has more than 10 carries, but oh well.  He showed me enough during the most important games of the season that he'll be special.  I'm not going to go that far on Hayden, but I also think he'll be good.  Let's just leave it at this.  I think Courtney will be a great player at WHS, and I also think Hayden will be very, very good.  You just want to wait a little while before you make any predictions, can you live with that? 
Oh I can live with that, because I can live with being rational.  And I BY NO MEANS think Matt was the Greatest Qb warren ever had.  I have always said was the best on that team.  And he was good.  The numbers don't lie, he was good. True or False?  What do you want me to say? that he's not.  I am going to defend him when a bunch of fair-weather fans get on here and start dogging him for a bad pass here and there.  Anyone can go back and watch film, not every pass Reid McKinney made was great.  I am in no way comparing matt to reid, but when matt plays to his full potential, i think they are in the same league.  I think Hayden and Haskell will both be great players.  But at Warren High School there is a fine line between GREAT and the GREATEST.  because there have been a lot of GREAT players to come through.

Romeo

Have the expectation levels for warren fans gotten that high? Keep in mind pace didn't lose any games for warren last season. The quarterback will always be the most critisized position. Personally I wouldn't care if he had an off night every game. If we win it dosen't matter to me.

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 31, 2007, 10:17:29 am
Quote from: dc24 on May 30, 2007, 08:01:32 pm

Oh I can live with that, because I can live with being rational.  And I BY NO MEANS think Matt was the Greatest Qb warren ever had.  I have always said was the best on that team.  And he was good.  The numbers don't lie, he was good. True or False?  What do you want me to say? that he's not.  I am going to defend him when a bunch of fair-weather fans get on here and start dogging him for a bad pass here and there.  Anyone can go back and watch film, not every pass Reid McKinney made was great.  I am in no way comparing matt to reid, but when matt plays to his full potential, i think they are in the same league.  I think Hayden and Haskell will both be great players.  But at Warren High School there is a fine line between GREAT and the GREATEST.  because there have been a lot of GREAT players to come through.

Fair enough.

Ty

I ran over Ben Cleveland in practice one day.

dc24

Quote from: Tyler3312 on May 31, 2007, 03:52:34 pm

You want a cookie?

Ty

Quote from: dc24 on May 31, 2007, 04:01:10 pm

You want a cookie?
Based upon the logic of most Warren fans, I could be the best RB ever at Warren.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Tyler3312 on May 31, 2007, 09:44:19 pm
Quote from: dc24 on May 31, 2007, 04:01:10 pm

You want a cookie?

if you arent running a 4.3, there not a spot for you at runningback in warren
Based upon the logic of most Warren fans, I could be the best RB ever at Warren.

The_Preacher

Sorry Tyler I don't think the Warren Faithful would take to you as might hope they would. Not saying your a bad guy, just not a country type. and one that understands what comes with that. And it would help to be a good  football player.

seark66

June 01, 2007, 09:13:42 am #123 Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:18:12 am by seark66

WHAT???

JackStar

Quote from: seark66 on June 01, 2007, 09:13:42 am

WHAT???
compare their numbers and their records.  And the same league does not mean very much by the way.  For example, Brett Favre and Joey Harrington are in the same LEAGUE.  But they are in no way comparable.

The_Preacher

Hey  guys get back on the thread subject Warren Lumberjacks  2007 or this thread will go to the happy hunting grounds

JackStar

Quote from: The_Preacher on June 01, 2007, 10:50:37 am
Hey  guys get back on the thread subject Warren Lumberjacks  2007 or this thread will go to the happy hunting grounds

we are on that subject...

dc24

Quote from: intangible on June 01, 2007, 10:22:56 am
Quote from: seark66 on June 01, 2007, 09:13:42 am

WHAT???
compare their numbers and their records.  And the same league does not mean very much by the way.  For example, Brett Favre and Joey Harrington are in the same LEAGUE.  But they are in no way comparable.

Well, by this, you are just saying every QB that has ever started a game for Warren is in the same "league" because statistically Pace doesn't have anywhere near the numbers or record McKinney did because Pace started one year and McKinney did at least two.  McKinney was a Lander's Award winner and Pace wasn't even a nominee this year.

seark66

Quote from: intangible on June 01, 2007, 10:22:56 amcompare their numbers and their records.  And the same league does not mean very much by the way.  For example, Brett Favre and Joey Harrington are in the same LEAGUE.  But they are in no way comparable.

Um...sure

McKinney was a decorated high school quarterback, one who owns some national records.  He got to play D1 football.  Pace is a good guy, and an extremely good baseball player.  He wasn't the elite quarterback that McKinney was...not even on his best nights.  To say the two are in the same league is crazy.

JackStar

I would like to know what you two's opinion of a league is.  because last time I checked it was a pretty broad scale

The_Preacher

2007 lumberjacks  please if you would

Biggie_Smalls

Rodney Courtney

gunner

Church is out!!!!!!!!  If we can find two or three to replace him ------ Smith and ,or, Wright makes it without injury , we should be back in the Rock . Hopefully against " Supper Scrapper's " team . Then we WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas