• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2007 Lumberjacks

Started by The_Preacher, May 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Preacher

will the real 2007 Warren Lumberjacks, start to make a noise in the distance?  We know that this season has all the potential to be a great year. The Alumni Of ole Warren High will hold you in High regards, as you carry on the tradition of the jacks of the past. From the  Preacher and many more to come.  Best of luck and may God  watch and keep you all safe.  Go Jacks  give em the axe

0Super_Scrapper7

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm
will the real 2007 Warren Lumberjacks, start to make a noise in the distance?  We know that this season has all the potential to be a great year. The Alumni Of ole Warren High will hold you in High regards, as you carry on the tradition of the jacks of the past. From the  Preacher and many more to come.  Best of luck and may God  watch and keep you all safe.  Go Jacks  give em the axe
I say that the Jacks will make it to State and have a rematch against the Scrappers.

Go Scrapper!!! Arkansas Football Dynasty

phdefense

I could see this season being like the 2002 Ricebirds where the previous season they lost in final by one point. The following year the theme was 'Finish It"

ljackfan100

Quote from: villaboy on May 03, 2007, 09:09:59 am
2007 Lumberjacks suck Go 2007 Scrappers!!!!!!

Another intellegent post.  You aren't representing your Scrapper Nation very well.  I'm sure you'll hear about it.

SCRAPPER MOM#1

vboy, your cutting it real thin dear. Find something else to play with.

phdefense

Quote from: villaboy on May 03, 2007, 09:09:59 am
2007 Lumberjacks suck Go 2007 Scrappers!!!!!!

You picked a bad time to join with that attitude. Insults and smack talk in general are being cracked down on. Please be more considerate to your fellow posters. If you are posting from school you might very well get your whole school banned from here.

The_Preacher

The_Preacher

Hey I know there are some of the teams  peeking in from time to time. Let us hear from you ; what's it gonna be  like

The critic

Jacks should be better at QB this year.  They have that soph. that was impressive in the playoffs.  Plus, that young RB to go along with Jarius, Childs, Basmine Jones...  THis year could get ugly.

lions44

is Warren playin in the Classis again next year?
if not does anyone know who is playin in it? and will it be at UAPB stadium again?

Papa Billie™

May 03, 2007, 04:11:38 pm #10 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:13:39 pm by Super Scrapper
Thank you!! It made us look bad as well and we don't dislike you, just want to beat you when we play you....lol...I'm sure you understand....Now, I'll remove my previous post...SS

Go Scrappers

;)

CACRULES

CAC will be awsome next year!  Drew is back at QB.  Joe is back at WR/RB.  Lots of other starters back also.  We should have a good shot at the State Championship!!

Go Mustangs!!!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: CACRULES on May 03, 2007, 04:28:56 pm
CAC will be awsome next year!  Drew is back at QB.  Joe is back at WR/RB.  Lots of other starters back also.  We should have a good shot at the State Championship!!

Go Mustangs!!!

if all of warrens starters get hurt

JackStar

Quote from: The critic on May 03, 2007, 03:07:10 pm
Jacks should be better at QB this year
dont know if i agree...

Papa Billie™

Go Mustangs!!!

Keep Dreaming....That is what your world is made of evidently...When you come to Scrapper Stadium, you'll receive a wake-up call....similar to when you went to Warren last year, remember that??  SS

Go Scrappers

;D

The_Preacher

I do agree due to the fact that frees up key players to be used differently; and having a qb that can deliver the ball to play makers is a big start

CACRULES

Quote from: Super Scrapper on May 04, 2007, 01:38:55 am

Go Mustangs!!!

Keep Dreaming....That is what your world is made of evidently...When you come to Scrapper Stadium, you'll receive a wake-up call....similar to when you went to Warren last year, remember that??  SS

Go Scrappers

;D
[/quote

Our dream will be your worst nightmare!!  We expect to take you down next year! Unless the refs help you out like they did the Warren game.. OOOPPPSS  did i say that??   HA HA

Papa Billie™

Quote from: CACRULES on May 04, 2007, 10:31:43 am
Quote from: Super Scrapper on May 04, 2007, 01:38:55 am

Go Mustangs!!!

Go Scrappers

;D
[/quote

Our dream will be your worst nightmare!!  We expect to take you down next year! Unless the refs help you out like they did the Warren game.. OOOPPPSS  did i say that??   HA HA

Right....We are Scared....SS

Go Scrappers

;D

JackStar

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 04, 2007, 10:16:32 am
I do agree due to the fact that frees up key players to be used differently; and having a qb that can deliver the ball to play makers is a big start
not the point I was trying to make.  I thought we had a good passing qb last year.  He was a good leader and was a very accurate passer.  "Big-play" hungry people like yourself wouldnt have liked him because he didnt have a reid mckinney or a jonathan cooper arm...but he was respected on the team because he did his job delivered most of the time.  Nashville had a good gameplan for him, and he had his worst game of the season.  I doubt anyone we have this year could have done it better.

seark66

Quote from: intangible on May 06, 2007, 01:06:02 pmnot the point I was trying to make.  I thought we had a good passing qb last year.  He was a good leader and was a very accurate passer.  "Big-play" hungry people like yourself wouldnt have liked him because he didnt have a reid mckinney or a jonathan cooper arm...but he was respected on the team because he did his job delivered most of the time.  Nashville had a good gameplan for him, and he had his worst game of the season.  I doubt anyone we have this year could have done it better.

I agree.

The_Preacher

May 06, 2007, 05:59:37 pm #20 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:01:41 pm by The_Preacher
I think you will change your mind once this kid  get's into the flow of high school football,  he can run and that's something I saw little of last year but the fall will tell the tale.

and if I recall Bo's offense is a big play offense  go for it all right now. strike early and quick score.

ljmom

Bo puts the "big plays" in the hands, of the players, who can deliver. 

His overall offense is built around the talents of his players.

minsco

The_Preacher

seems to, there will be no talk against that fact. and he is a players coach. that says it all. I'm ready to see some action

ljackfan100

At lunch today, Bo said the Jacks are looking great in spring drills.  He's anxious for August.

The_Preacher

ARE YA READY FOR SOME  FOOTBALL FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, GAS BETTER GO DOWN OR i WILL BE HITCH HIKING TO WARREN

jacketpride07

I might have to catch a few Warren games next year. They were fun to watch last year and I don't forsee that changing this year.

lions44

ill probably watch some too. ill be right down the road at UAM and just go by and watch a game on my way home!
thats a great way to kick off a weekend

The_Preacher

DOG i HAVE TO DRIVE 3 HOURS TO GET THERE BUT i ALWAYS SEEM TO GET ER DONE

JackStar

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 06, 2007, 05:59:37 pm
I think you will change your mind once this kid  get's into the flow of high school football,  he can run and that's something I saw little of last year but the fall will tell the tale.

and if I recall Bo's offense is a big play offense  go for it all right now. strike early and quick score.
not necessarily... coincidentally we just have a lot of "big play" players...do you consider sweeps? hitches? comebacks? counters?  big plays.  but when you put the ball in the hands of chris alford, jarius wright, greg childs, basmine jones, moorehead jordan... these plays turn into big plays.  matt pace did just this good enough to get us to rock didnt he?  *some would say he won them a state championship.  games can be won and lost at the quarterback position...and we would not have gotten where we were without the one we had last year. 

The_Preacher

still stand by my  thoughts  this year the qb postion will be filled by a good  kid

offlimit

Jacks will be better off this year at the QB position.

ljmom

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 07, 2007, 06:14:16 pm
still stand by my  thoughts  this year the qb postion will be filled by a good  kid

I thought it was filled by a good kid last year... a good kid, who also happened to be a good QB.

dc24

Quote from: ljmom on May 08, 2007, 08:35:35 am
Quote from: The_Preacher on May 07, 2007, 06:14:16 pm

I thought it was filled by a good kid last year... a good kid, who also happened to be a good QB.

It's been that way the past two years.

Romeo

The 2007 Lumberjacks look similar to the 2002 jacks. Three potential division I prospects, Sophomore Quarterback, and strong senior class. Only difference is they wont be defending a ("sigh") state championship. They look like a solid lock to go back to the State Championship game but I have a bad feeling about that Dollarway game. They could be one of few teams that win state without winning their conference championship.

phdefense

Quote from: Romeo on May 08, 2007, 12:00:05 pm
but I have a bad feeling about that Dollarway game. They could be one of few teams that win state without winning their conference championship.

That would be a tough row to hoe. If they come in second in their conference they would most likely have to beat Stuttgart and Nashville to make it to the semis.

The_Preacher

I  don't think it has been said that the qb from last year was a bad kid, but the nervous feet  caused him some problems in the completion department. maybe I  did not see all the games but I saw  what I saw when I saw it.  And  this year will be a great year to be the qb due to all the talent that will be around him. This could be a dream come true for a qb  if the line, does it's job.  last year in in the files this year is in our sights.  So  Go Lumberjacks

JackStar

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 08, 2007, 01:15:32 pm
I  don't think it has been said that the qb from last year was a bad kid, but the nervous feet  caused him some problems in the completion department. maybe I  did not see all the games but I saw  what I saw when I saw it.  And  this year will be a great year to be the qb due to all the talent that will be around him. This could be a dream come true for a qb  if the line, does it's job.  last year in in the files this year is in our sights.  So  Go Lumberjacks
we have 3 returning starters on the line, i would not consider that an aspect of question at the present time.  you obviously werent at the stuttgart? hamburg? watson chapel? ashdown?  game we could not have won with any other qb (possibly jarius wright but he was needed much more at receiver)... I dont think a guy that can stiff arm/ spin move david williams and complete a 60 yd td pass has much trouble in the pocket...i guess that doesnt matter now...but he was a good qb..and a good guy...and i say all this due to the fact that you are obviously thinking we will have the Jesus Christ of qb's this year...which in fact may be true from time to time...but last years qb was very consistent (and ill say it again) the best passing qb we had on the team last year.  in 1 or probly 2 years the 9th grader may be the best warrens had... but dont discredit last years qb by saying that was a weakness of ours last year...because no one wearing uniforms last year would have had anyone else back there.

Biggie_Smalls

Quote from: intangible on May 08, 2007, 02:41:16 pm
Quote from: The_Preacher on May 08, 2007, 01:15:32 pm
we have 3 returning starters on the line, i would not consider that an aspect of question at the present time.  you obviously werent at the stuttgart? hamburg? watson chapel? ashdown?  game we could not have won with any other qb (possibly jarius wright but he was needed much more at receiver)... I dont think a guy that can stiff arm/ spin move david williams and complete a 60 yd td pass has much trouble in the pocket...i guess that doesnt matter now...but he was a good qb..and a good guy...and i say all this due to the fact that you are obviously thinking we will have the Jesus Christ of qb's this year...which in fact may be true from time to time...but last years qb was very consistent (and ill say it again) the best passing qb we had on the team last year.  in 1 or probly 2 years the 9th grader may be the best warrens had... but dont discredit last years qb by saying that was a weakness of ours last year...because no one wearing uniforms last year would have had anyone else back there.
I agree

0Super_Scrapper7

The 2007 Lumberjacks look similar to the 2002 jacks. Three potential division I prospects, Sophomore Quarterback, and strong senior class. Only difference is they wont be defending a ("sigh") state championship. They look like a solid lock to go back to the State Championship game but I have a bad feeling about that Dollarway game. They could be one of few teams that win state without winning their conference championship.
Dollarway? Are you serious? How could they give warren trouble?

The_Preacher

they are just a hard play  year in and out

Romeo

Quote from: 0Super_Scrapper7 on May 09, 2007, 12:13:09 am
Dollarway? Are you serious? How could they give warren trouble?

Dollarway is a legit state championship contender next year. They have most of their starters coming back this year along with a legit Division I prospect at tight end. As far as trouble the preacher is correct they have always given warren a hard time almost every year they play. They gave warren a scare during their 2002 state championship season by almost beating them but losing 7-0. They also lost 14-7 in 2003 and lost close last season but beat warren in 2004. They are the best example of during more with less and they aren't afraid of taking on the best of the best. Their first four games this season are brutal. CAC in the first game of the year, 2-time defending Louisiana state champion Bastrop in week 2 ,Pulaski Academy in week 3, and warren. I wouldn't be suprised if they made the semi-finals this season.

FootballGuy43

Dollarway is a very tough team. Warren is correct for being worried. If the majority of your sklil players are coming back and your defense is disciplined, they may very well give Warren a run for their money. I will be rooting for the Lumberjacks and I hope they come through. If they lose that game, it would not be considered an upset.

The critic

Last year's QB had about 3 or 4 under thrown balls that should have been TD's in the championship game.  And I mean bad under thrown.  He didn't impress me all year long.  I'm sorry, but he wasn't no where near consistent.  This year QB will be much better in my opinion.  Just watch and see.

FootballGuy43

Who is the Lumberjack QB this season and does he have much experience?

JackStar

Quote from: BigBen7 on May 10, 2007, 03:39:19 pm
a sophomore...hayden smith...none at all, just has a cannon so apparently that means he's going to be a good quarterback to these people.  and you cannot win in warren's offense without an above average quarterback.  im sorry, they have athletes EVERY year...so if thats what it took they'd be there every year.  explain to me the key to warrens success if pace was so bad?

FootballGuy43

Quote from: intangible on May 10, 2007, 04:23:02 pm
a sophomore...hayden smith...none at all, just has a cannon so apparently that means he's going to be a good quarterback to these people.  and you cannot win in warren's offense without an above average quarterback.  im sorry, they have athletes EVERY year...so if thats what it took they'd be there every year.  explain to me the key to warrens success if pace was so bad?

Well he will gain some experience or he will have to pick himself off the ground. Warren, in my opinion, looked outstanding with their QB last season. He delivered the ball effectively and put points on the board. Everyone is going to have a few bad games so you cannot instantly say this kid cannot produce.

JACK D BACK 27

IF THE QB POSITION IS GOOD.THE MIGHTY LUMBERJACKS WILL ROLL......

The_Preacher

WELL YOU BETTER  GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY BECAUSE THE LUMBERJACK STEAM ROLLER EXPRESS IS HEADING YOURWAY

The critic

Quote from: intangible on May 10, 2007, 04:23:02 pm

Hayden has no experience on the high school level except a few playoff games.  Tell me how much experience Pace had before the season.  Hardly none.  He was a back-up QB until this year.  Hayden has been in this offense since 7th grade.  Pace got a late start in this offense.  Hayden has a better arm and from what I seen in a few games, he has good composure.  And the reason Pace was so successful was because of Jarius, Childs, Alford, Jones, Jordan, and Grag.  And alot of times, Pace had trouble getting the ball to them.  Championship game for instance.  Best pass in that game was one the Jordan threw and it got called back for a lineman being down field.  I been around football for about 28 years.  Seen alot of QB's.  And Pace was very inconsistent.   If he would have thrown the ball in the championship game, Warren would have won.  3 or 4 under thrown balls is non-excusable.  That would have been 3 more TD's easily.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas