• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln@Malvern

Started by THE D.O.C, November 16, 2013, 07:57:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetfeet

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 18, 2013, 07:24:44 pm
Lincoln, I know you want to use that old "The world is against me." quote to motivate your team but Malvern ain't buying it. Just get plenty of rest this week, drive on down to Hot Spring County, hit the field and let chips fall where they may. This game is going to be played by two teams that has earned their way to the 2nd round. I would like to warn you. Malvern's 9th graders played most of the 2nd half of last weeks game so you might wanna drink a couple 5 hour Energy to help keep up with the speed you are about to witness.
Would you also recommend that they tape their eyelids open?  Apparently blinking is the leading cause of losing to South Arkansas teams.

Oldbadger

Lincoln, I know you want to use that old "The world is against me." quote to motivate your team but Malvern ain't buying it. Just get plenty of rest this week, drive on down to Hot Spring County, hit the field and let chips fall where they may. This game is going to be played by two teams that has earned their way to the 2nd round. I would like to warn you. Malvern's 9th graders played most of the 2nd half of last weeks game so you might wanna drink a couple 5 hour Energy to help keep up with the speed you are about to witness. 
Hey, we know that all you guys have to do is show up and good ole Lincoln will just roll over for you!  They have done it all year, that's why they are only 10-1.  At least that's what a Nashville parent said to a Lincoln parent prior to the game.  Arrogance!!!  Even the media crew said in the press box in front of a Lincoln coach, "I hate to unpack all this, we'll be leaving at the third quarter anyway".  Well, we all know how that turned out.  So, just continue with all this arrogance.  We'll just continue to do what we do.  Play winning football!!

Nip/Tusk

Apparently Nashville didn't learn anything from last years trip to nwa.

Maybe the learning process in scrapper land is similar to their last two football performances - failure.

gametime

What I'm about to say will probably be looked down on by Lincoln supporters.
I believe last weeks game was a big win for Lincoln.  Not because it's Nashville but because it was their first.  It wouldn't have mattered if it were Decatur. 
Now on Malvern week. Oldbadger has done a great job trying to keep the moral of the team and fans up.  I promise you he knows what's about to happen.  I have seen Malvern teams in the past like this.  2 years ago when Malvern disposed of PG then we made the trip 2 weeks later thinking Farmington had a good chance with us playing so well, even though others told me we didn't.  I agree with above poster, all the crazy feel sorry and no respect stories won't work like last week for Lincoln.  They will have to wear their bigboy pants to this one because Malvern ain't reading this board to get motivated to play Friday like Nashville did.

Sorry but
Good luck Wolves

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 18, 2013, 07:37:55 pm
Hey, we know that all you guys have to do is show up and good ole Lincoln will just roll over for you!  They have done it all year, that's why they are only 10-1.  At least that's what a Nashville parent said to a Lincoln parent prior to the game.  Arrogance!!!  Even the media crew said in the press box in front of a Lincoln coach, "I hate to unpack all this, we'll be leaving at the third quarter anyway".  Well, we all know how that turned out.  So, just continue with all this arrogance.  We'll just continue to do what we do.  Play winning football!!
My quotes are related to Malvern's talent, I said nothing about leaving early or blowing you out. So you can manufacture emotion any way you want and need, that's fine. Bottom line, the game is played on the field by the kids, not me. I'm just giving you a scouting report. LOL

Sweetfeet

It's not that people are against Lincoln as much as the 1-4a in general.  Although it is pretty obvious that people don't think much of your team if they get picked to lose by 21/27 4a posters to a 4 seed team. 

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on November 18, 2013, 08:52:59 pm
I believe last weeks game was a big win for Lincoln.  Not because it's Nashville but because it was their first.  It wouldn't have mattered if it were Decatur. 
Now on Malvern week. Oldbadger has done a great job trying to keep the moral of the team and fans up.  I promise you he knows what's about to happen.  I have seen Malvern teams in the past like this.  2 years ago when Malvern disposed of PG then we made the trip 2 weeks later thinking Farmington had a good chance with us playing so well, even though others told me we didn't.  I agree with above poster, all the crazy feel sorry and no respect stories won't work like last week for Lincoln.  They will have to wear their bigboy pants to this one because Malvern ain't reading this board to get motivated to play Friday like Nashville did.

Sorry but
Good luck Wolves
Gametime, all this time I listened to you and really thought you knew what you were talking about. I guess I was wrong.  Oh well.  It really wasn't me that was motivating the Wolves, it was the Scrapper posters.  Go back and read what they said.  They fell right into the trap.  I talked to a couple of Wolves after the game and they said "Oldbadger's got Fearless Friday bragging rights now".  The scrappers came on and started talking this trash about D-1 talent.  We got this guy and that guy.  This is very motivational for the Wolves.  They were determined that these guy were going to see how to play NWA football.  That is to: be prepared, play every play like it was your last, play hard, hit hard, and as my old friend John Outlaw used to say, "hit em in mouth, knock their chin straps off, and when they put em back on, knock em off again".  Who will win Friday night, who knows.  Just like all the Nashville posters said last week, Lincoln doesn't have a chance.  Well, we see how that turned out.  No, I wasn't trying to motivate the Wolves.  They don't need it.  When they set foot on the field Friday night, they know they have a chance to win.  That's all they ask. 

Oldbadger

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 18, 2013, 09:49:20 pm

Sorry but
Good luck Wolves
Gametime, all this time I listened to you and really thought you knew what you were talking about. I guess I was wrong.  Oh well.  It really wasn't me that was motivating the Wolves, it was the Scrapper posters.  Go back and read what they said.  They fell right into the trap.  I talked to a couple of Wolves after the game and they said "Oldbadger's got Fearless Friday bragging rights now".  The scrappers came on and started talking this trash about D-1 talent.  We got this guy and that guy.  This is very motivational for the Wolves.  They were determined that these guy were going to see how to play NWA football.  That is to: be prepared, play every play like it was your last, play hard, hit hard, and as my old friend John Outlaw used to say, "hit em in mouth, knock their chin straps off, and when they put em back on, knock em off again".  Who will win Friday night, who knows.  Just like all the Nashville posters said last week, Lincoln doesn't have a chance.  Well, we see how that turned out.  No, I wasn't trying to motivate the Wolves.  They don't need it.  When they set foot on the field Friday night, they know they have a chance to win.  That's all they ask. 
And, Gametime, you fell into the trap also.

Jacketman65

Going with Honest Abe in a close one

Nip/Tusk

Careful badger, that type of hitting gets you a 15 yard penalty and ejection nowadays.

Lol.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 18, 2013, 09:49:20 pm

Sorry but
Good luck Wolves
Wow, that speech was better than the Aflac Duck @ halftime.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Perry Grove on November 18, 2013, 09:54:58 pm
Careful badger, that type of hitting gets you a 15 yard penalty and ejection nowadays.

Lol.
Yeah. LOL It does, and probably for good reason.

gametime

Oldbager you made my point on the other thread.  We all know you have to be supportive of your team and I can appreciate that, but as I sit here I know that you know the same thing that Malveren knows.   This game will be over by halftime.  Either way I hope the Wolves can at least compete because it's been a good year for you guys.

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on November 18, 2013, 10:44:46 pm
Oldbager you made my point on the other thread.  We all know you have to be supportive of your team and I can appreciate that, but as I sit here I know that you know the same thing that Malveren knows.   This game will be over by halftime.  Either way I hope the Wolves can at least compete because it's been a good year for you guys.
Hey, gametime.   Don't have time this morning, but will PM you tonight.  By the way, Malveren is really spelled  MALVERN.  LOL.

Wendell Robinson

I'm not a Lincoln fan by any means. I've been one of the most skeptical of the Wolves of the 1-4A posters. But this is pretty much the same song different verse for Lincoln. Last week, they were going to get ran off the field by Nashville. This week they are told it's no different. They probably shouldn't even bother showing up since it is going to be as bad as a few of you say. Like I had said earlier on. I haven't seen Malvern play this year so I'm not going to act like I have. And I highly doubt that most of you have seen Lincoln play to determine whether or not they are going to get blown out by Malvern. Oh well, it's the same thing every year. It's funny that people can remember what happened 10+ years ago but have no recollection of the past 2 or 3.   

bigunit11

Anybody that thinks this game is a walkover for Malvern is kidding themselves. I guess I should just go off of recent history between Malvern and the 1 4A, but this is a new year and new team. I dont care what league you play in, to be 10-1 you have to be pretty good. Both teams have had to work for their success and to get any respect, as both were picked 5th in their conferences preseason. Regardless of what any fans may say, I believe the coaches and players will not be taking Lincoln lightly, and expect a battle for four quarters. By the way oldbadger I would like to know what those GLEARING weaknesses are on the Malvern team.

lightsoutlefty

Going with Malvern in a close one... for the first couple of minutes.

Leopards 56

Wolves 21

Hoghead

Malvern wins !  Claud Mann Stadium should be packed !

Sweetfeet

Final prediction:

Overall close game, Malvern gets ahead early and had a slight lead going into halftime.  Lincoln's senior leadership and quick defense allow them to get the lead going into the fourth quarter.  Field goal late in the 4th quarter to secure the win. Lincoln by 9.

Oldbadger

Malvern posters!  Hope the weather is good for the game tonight.  For the players as well as the fans.  Good luck tonight!  It is sad that one of our teams will be done after tonight.  But either can relish in the fact they have had a good season.  Certainly I have to pull for and back my Wolves and have this little feeling in my gut that they will win.  But I do expect a great game from two very good teams.  Again, good luck and let's promote good sportsmanship! 

tybrit

As a Malvern fan, I hope we win tonight. I also hope that everyone on both sides of the ball play fair & stay safe. Good luck to everyone playing tonight!

Oldbadger

From BigUnit11:  By the way oldbadger I would like to know what those GLEARING weaknesses are on the Malvern team.

I'll tell you AFTER the game!! LOL.

bigunit11

Easy to be right when its all over. lol

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 21, 2013, 10:25:15 pm
Final prediction:

Overall close game, Malvern gets ahead early and had a slight lead going into halftime.  Lincoln's senior leadership and quick defense allow them to get the lead going into the fourth quarter.  Field goal late in the 4th quarter to secure the win. Lincoln by 9.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!
The previous final prediction applied to another game.

CORRECTION: Lincoln's defense stands it's ground for about a quarter, Malvern's offense beings to dominate, wearing down Lincoln. Halftime score 21-7 Malvern. Second half Malvern's defense create turnovers, stopping Lincoln's drives. Final score 49-14 Malvern.

Seriously: We here in Malvern hope and pray yall have safe travel to and from Malvern. Good luck to both teams.

True Fan

Calpreps is a purely statistical website that has an uncanny success rate on their projections. The numbers lean slightly toward Lincoln.

Lincoln (AR) at Malvern (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Lincoln (AR) 28-26]

lightsoutlefty

Sweetfeet

I'd be surprised if the finals score of both teams combined was 35.

TIGER101

Will Malvern say the same thing 11 other teams has said after playing Lincoln.
they are a lot better than we thought they would be
Only PG has been able to move past this team with a W.  Win or lose I can promise you Malvern will leave the field saying the same thing.

Spotty

Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 22, 2013, 10:24:36 am
I'd be surprised if the finals score of both teams combined was 35.

Malvern scores a ton of points at home. They are averaging 51 points per in Claude Mann. I would be shocked if the combine score wasn't at least 50.

Sweetfeet

The highest anyone has scored on Lincoln was PG which was 40, everyone else has scored 14 or less.

Spotty

If I had to bet, I'd guess the Leopards eclipse at least 35. They are very good and very fast on the turf. Looks like Lincoln is capable of putting up points as well from their team page.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Spotty on November 22, 2013, 03:36:59 pm
If I had to bet, I'd guess the Leopards eclipse at least 35. They are very good and very fast on the turf. Looks like Lincoln is capable of putting up points as well from their team page.
I almost have to agree with Spotty.  I really believe the score will end up 38-35 Lincoln.  Lincoln averages almost 40 per game overall and allows less than 11 points per game.  Malvern's strong point is way above average speed, though not the whole team.  Lincoln's strong point is above average speed in all their D-backs and offensive backs.  They have six receivers who have caught several passes and all have scored.  So the QB can hit many targets.  If the receivers are covered he can tuck it and run. He is a true dual threat. This is a big difference in the two teams.  This is what Arkadelphia has and it gave the Leopards problems.  This will give the Leopards problems tonight.  Either way, I look for a great game between two very good teams.  As I have said before, it is sad either team has to end their season tonight, but it will not be anything to be ashamed of for either of them.  Go Wolves!!

Spotty

The Malvern defense held the Arkadelphia offense in check until they ran out of gas. They were big enough, strong enough, and fast enough to keep Arkadelphia's offense from going bonkers. Malvern's issue was the offense couldn't stay on the field. A defense can only have so many 3 and outs before they don't have the legs to compete anymore.

Oldbadger

You have a good point there!!!  I noticed that too.

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

Lincoln streams there games live don't they?

Bigbossman

Testing.... Testing.... Testing can you hear me in the back? Ok good, ok oldbadger the podium is all yours my friend.

03Badger

Sweetfeet

I'll chime in later, but go Wolves!

replacementplaya

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 22, 2013, 09:52:00 am
Quote from: Sweetfeet on November 21, 2013, 10:25:15 pm
Final prediction:

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!
The previous final prediction applied to another game.

CORRECTION: Lincoln's defense stands it's ground for about a quarter, Malvern's offense beings to dominate, wearing down Lincoln. Halftime score 21-7 Malvern. Second half Malvern's defense create turnovers, stopping Lincoln's drives. Final score 49-14 Malvern.

Seriously: We here in Malvern hope and pray yall have safe travel to and from Malvern. Good luck to both teams.

Wondering where the dominating offense and suffocating defense was tonight... But your final score prediction was close, just wrong team   :-*

Oldbadger

Get on later.  Traveling. Driving!

Oldbadger

Cummings had over 400 yards rushing. Lincoln dominated malvern's d line.

mossflyer

3AFollower

Cummings had around 400 yards rushing and 6 TDs

Oldbadger

Another one of those games where the opposition was supposed to have speed to burn.  Cummings was the one who showed the speed.  He carried the load tonight and Malvern could not stop him.  And again, our defense came up with big stops to keep Malvern out of the end zone.  They have some awesome athletes but not an awesome team.  Our D-backs shut down the passing game again and took away one of Malvern's weapons.

Hoghead

I believe in Lincoln ! WOW !

DerekOxford

Cummings with the eighth best single game rushing performance in Arkansas history.

TIGER101

Like I said on the other thread.  There has now been another team that after the the game said "Lincoln was better than we thought they would be".  Will Booneville be next? 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2013, 11:59:36 pm
Like I said on the other thread.  There has now been another team that after the the game said "Lincoln was better than we thought they would be".  Will Booneville be next?

No.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas