• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Changes

Started by num1nodoubt, December 17, 2010, 11:05:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

num1nodoubt

What coaches are on the HOT seat? What coaches are wanting to leave? What assistants will be head coaches soon?

num1nodoubt

Does anyone think Harrison from Mena will get a head coaching job soon?

loyal fan

Quote from: num1nodoubt on December 18, 2010, 02:48:30 am
Does anyone think Harrison from Mena will get a head coaching job soon?
im happy that mena won a few games this year but the only reason was because of the change in conferance.  No way the make it in the 7aaaa with ash, pa, nash, malvern, etc... Good luck next season.

whippersnapper

yes i think harrison could be a head coach within a year or two. he was very successful as a head junior high coach at greenwood. i think he only lost like 3 games. when he was there. ive talked to him a couple times and he is a very very smart coach and helped me to unerstand what mena wanted to do against certian teams this year offensively.

num1nodoubt

I don't think the down year had to do with the coaches, I think the team wasn't as good as last year. And the 3 losses came to 3 of the final four.

num1nodoubt

Who from Arkansas might  put in for the Texas High DC?

loyal fan

Doubt t-high will consider any ark high school coaches. Texas coaches think ark coaches are inferior. I know there are a few exceptions but very few. Sad but true.

Mulerider

December 20, 2010, 11:12:33 am #7 Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:14:08 am by Mulerider
I could have sworn I posted a comment on this thread?  Did anyone see it or am I just imagining things?

And you could be right about the 3 losses.  Perception is not always reality and in a high pressure job sometimes reality is not accepted.  Excuses feed the monster.  I agree Nashville is not nearly as good this year but they also had more trouble with some aspects of the game than they have had in years past.

hogdiggity

Quote from: loyal fan on December 20, 2010, 09:26:30 am
Doubt t-high will consider any ark high school coaches. Texas coaches think ark coaches are inferior. I know there are a few exceptions but very few. Sad but true.

Don't be so sure on that, Todd Ledford and Earnest Rhone are both on staff at Texas High and both are Arkansas guys.  Ledford was HC at Ashdown and Crossett previously.  Not sure on Rhone's coaching pedigree but he when to HS in Ashdown and played college ball at Henderson.

loyal fan

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 20, 2010, 11:18:43 am
i realize there are a few exceptions.

Don't be so sure on that, Todd Ledford and Earnest Rhone are both on staff at Texas High and both are Arkansas guys.  Ledford was HC at Ashdown and Crossett previously.  Not sure on Rhone's coaching pedigree but he when to HS in Ashdown and played college ball at Henderson.

tweeder2

Head coach of Lufkin...where did he come from? You guessed it, Arkansas.  There are many exceptions, completely erroneous statement.  A good football coach is a good coach, regardless of where he comes from.  Thats like saying Gus Malzahn is an inferior coach because he started at Hughes.

5-wide

Quote from: Mulerider on December 20, 2010, 11:12:33 am
I could have sworn I posted a comment on this thread?  Did anyone see it or am I just imagining things?

And you could be right about the 3 losses.  Perception is not always reality and in a high pressure job sometimes reality is not accepted.  Excuses feed the monster.  I agree Nashville is not nearly as good this year but they also had more trouble with some aspects of the game than they have had in years past.

Did I miss something here?  Where's your post??

Mulerider

Quote from: 5-wide on December 22, 2010, 07:27:20 pm
Quote from: Mulerider on December 20, 2010, 11:12:33 am

Did I miss something here?  Where's your post??

yes, you did.  For some reason my thoughts are not allowed on this thread.  You have to tune in immediately or they vanish in to thin air!!!!  Merry Christmas!

Busman

You kind of left something out about Rhone - 10 year career in the NFL with the Miami Dolphins.

loyal fan

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone who took my above statement the wrong way.  I realize there are some coaches in texas who are from arkansas. Wasnt meant to be a cut down on anyone from arkansas.  Im sure there are arkansas coaches in other states as well :  alaska, new york, maine, etc.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas