• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Enjoy this summer everyone. We are getting off easy while the Northwest is in one of the worst heat waves ever for them. The say along Puget Sound only about 1/4 of the residents have AC....

Longfellow

88 degrees yesterday in Ola. I'll take that in August any day. My cousin just moved to Seattle a few months ago. He said it was hot but nothing a native Arkansan couldn't handle

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on August 11, 2017, 03:36:12 pm
88 degrees yesterday in Ola. I'll take that in August any day. My cousin just moved to Seattle a few months ago. He said it was hot but nothing a native Arkansan couldn't handle

Not shabby at all for the River Valley in August. I know you remember and know how bad it can be from the July in the River Valley of 2010 I think the year was if I remember right? I was living in Ft Smith that summer it got 100 everyday in July. I might be off a year but I know that was around 2010 I think.

PrivateLesson

Sky is high......Football is here!   

I seen geese flying south yesterday.   I'm kinda worried about a bad winter.

I feel bad for all being affected by the Hurricane.   It's so sad.   

PrivateLesson

Nice fall weather today....Horrible devastation in Texas because of the Hurricane. 

It's so nice to see on social media how people from all over the country are going to help.    I can't even begin to imagine the clean up and rebuild for all. 

Longfellow

JJ Watt has now raised more than $10million towards disaster relief in Houston

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Longfellow on August 31, 2017, 10:24:54 am
JJ Watt has now raised more than $10million towards disaster relief in Houston

It's incredible what he and others have done to help!   

Redwolves8526

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 10:51:14 am
It's incredible what he and others have done to help!   

It really is. Hopefully we do not see the same type of destruction from Irma, which is quickly gaining strength. Is now a category 4.

Lions84

We had the mildest Aug in a LONG time due to South Texas getting hammered by that Hurricane.

PrivateLesson

Hurricane Irma is now heading to Florida.    I feel so bad for all in its path.   

cuckoobird

My son is having to evacuate Georgia but at least he's coming home!!

gameoflife

Got relatives down there and its going to be a huge mess from the Keys to Orlando and possibly beyond. 

PrivateLesson

This whole summer has been out of the ordinary weather wise.   

The cooler temps for today was enjoyable.     

PrivateLesson

Beautiful weather for Football!!!    The higher temps have returned for a little bit.   

I hope it rains soon....everything is so dry.    I'm afraid the leaves won't turn pretty.

sevenof400

You can NOT be from Arkansas! 
Consider:

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 15, 2017, 04:15:50 am
Beautiful weather for Football!!!    The higher temps have returned for a little bit.   

I hope it rains soon....everything is so dry.    I'm afraid the leaves won't turn pretty.

...or purdy!

How are things going PrivateLesson?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 15, 2017, 07:12:57 am
You can NOT be from Arkansas! 
Consider:

...or purdy!

How are things going PrivateLesson?

Things are fine, seven.  Thank you for asking.   I hope everything is well with you.   

I must of let my love for things "pretty" corrupt my spelling...:)   

PrivateLesson

This season is shaping up to be the most ever recorded for Hurricanes.  9th year on record, I believe with above 7 Atlantic Hurricanes.

The red maple trees are starting to turn a little.   Unseasonably warm it seems for middle of Sept!   

PrivateLesson

Too dry.   Need more rain.   Almost all of Arkansas is under a burn ban.   

HorseFeathers

Got a good Rain today in Pope County..

PrivateLesson

Fall Weather is trying to arrive!    Still need more rain but feel bad for all in the path of another Hurricane.   

PrivateLesson

Cooler temps are finally here!!!   The tree's are starting to turn all their beautiful colors!   

Redwolves8526

Supposed to get pretty chilly this week! I'm hoping we get some more rain for the ducks here soon!

Lions84

Yep hot today and frost warnings for Friday Night.

gameoflife

Gonna be getting cold soon enough.  Almanac says cold winter this year.

PrivateLesson

Only around 29 degrees this morning and a freeze warning in the entire state!!

PrivateLesson

Happy Halloween!!!   Watch for all the little goblins!!    :)

sevenof400

You have got to be kidding me...
A thunderstorm in December. 
Only in Arkansas.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 04, 2017, 10:08:20 pm
You have got to be kidding me...
A thunderstorm in December. 
Only in Arkansas.

Tornado warnings in Logan county last night

beach bum

Saw tiny little flurries in NWA this morning.... Wouldn't even call them flurries they were so small.

AirWarren

Flap jack sent me a video down in Baton Rouge.....2 inches on snow on the ground and still coming down. Ridiculous.

Man, would have been awesome to have some snow on the ground during the 4A title game.

beach bum

I am seeing some pictures of cars in the ditch from the ice that hit NWA a few hours ago. I thought that NWA had gotten lucky and avoided all precipitation with the cool front coming in, but a brief 30 minute spell sent some ice and sleet down very quickly.

Lions84

We got a dusty of snow down here South of Fort Worth Texas.

friscokid

We're right on the verge. It' 33° and dropping and it's still raining. I just hope the roads are still just warm enough in the morning to be clear.

AirWarren

Snowing hard here in central ark.

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on January 15, 2018, 09:01:02 pm
Snowing hard here in central ark.
Nothing happening here in Russellville, but it's 16 degrees right now. With windchill it feels like 4

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on January 16, 2018, 11:44:16 am
Nothing happening here in Russellville, but it's 16 degrees right now. With windchill it feels like 4

It's warmed up a little bit then

beach bum

I like winter time, but not when its getting this cold. This will make you want to be on the beach in Florida in June real quick.... I really like weather when its about a low of 20 and a high of 35-40, but this is insane for southern standards.... NWA is showing 3 degrees currently at 9:45 pm.... I imagine it will get 3-5 colder as the night progresses.

Longfellow

It was 5 here in Russellville when I got to Tech. The walk to my first class was near torture

Lions84

Out of school yesterday due to the weather and went to work today and when I left the house it was 9 degrees with a wind chill of 1. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on January 17, 2018, 08:53:46 am
It was 5 here in Russellville when I got to Tech. The walk to my first class was near torture

Trade your classroom for an unheated warehouse?

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2018, 06:07:31 pm
Trade your classroom for an unheated warehouse?

Did that for a couple years in the past.... I imagine that means no AC in the summer too? Most days in the summer were pretty bearable until it hit the particularly brutal stretches in July and August.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 17, 2018, 08:24:58 pm
Did that for a couple years in the past.... I imagine that means no AC in the summer too? Most days in the summer were pretty bearable until it hit the particularly brutal stretches in July and August.

I don't do it all the time....and it makes you appreciate 30 degree days as Heat Waves

VHSCoach2

Stay weather aware this afternoon, friends. Most of the state is now under a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" Tornado Watch. The last time a PDS watch was issued in Arkansas was during the tornado outbreak of April 2014.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 13, 2018, 02:25:22 pm
Stay weather aware this afternoon, friends. Most of the state is now under a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" Tornado Watch. The last time a PDS watch was issued in Arkansas was during the tornado outbreak of April 2014.

Yes, definitely. I always worry about the River Valley and central AR people when I see that. The bad stuff always gets funneled between the Ozarks and Ouachitas or pops them out into central AR just east of the mountains.

bleudog

April 13, 2018, 03:12:38 pm #3244 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:14:25 pm by bleudog
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 13, 2018, 02:25:22 pm

PDS = Pretty Damn Scary!

HorseFeathers

Confirmed tornado hit mountainburg

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 13, 2018, 04:54:47 pm
Confirmed tornado hit mountainburg

Wow.... Not good at all.

HorseFeathers

Another confirmed tornado near Horatio

beach bum

I finally saw a video of a guy filming the Mountainburg tornado from I-49 and he was looking what looked about 3 to 5 miles off to the east and that was a legit tornado. It did some pretty good damage to some homes.

Trojanbird

Where are you Ricepig? This weather sucks for the rice/corn/bean farmers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas