• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Women's Basketball

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 04, 2016, 08:00:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on February 06, 2017, 02:49:48 pm
I sent Lanny a message last week and told him to delete my hogville account. I'm as far as apathetic to razorback athletics as I've ever been. I didn't watch the game Saturday. I opted for more constructive time like a date with the wife. As you can see, watching that game would have been a waste.

Winning talks. Until then, the program is dead to me. I'll cheer for them but nothing more. Nothing less.

I don't watch 1/2 of the basketball games, and I've attended a couple of Final 4's. One, they play 30+ of them, and they play the same way in 90% of them. I'll keep up every now and then on twitter, but it doesn't make or break my day, haha.

cuckoobird

Are you kidding me?!! You the excuse master for poor decisions made at UAF

ricepig

Facts, just the facts, Ma'm, just the facts.

cuckoobird

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on February 06, 2017, 02:49:48 pm
I sent Lanny a message last week and told him to delete my hogville account. I'm as far as apathetic to razorback athletics as I've ever been. I didn't watch the game Saturday. I opted for more constructive time like a date with the wife. As you can see, watching that game would have been a waste.

Winning talks. Until then, the program is dead to me. I'll cheer for them but nothing more. Nothing less.

Winning or not date night with the wife would always trump the razorbacks haha....Easier than earning those same "points" for doing laundry or dishes ugh

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 06, 2017, 07:22:28 pm
Winning or not date night with the wife would always trump the razorbacks haha....Easier than earning those same "points" for doing laundry or dishes ugh

Yup!

beach bum

Fire the women's coach too along with Anderson.

cuckoobird

The women don't have a coach, they have a radio/tv announcer...

Trojanbird

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 07, 2017, 09:28:47 pm
The women don't have a coach, they have a radio/tv announcer...
What do the "boys" have for a coach?
I think he should be a girl's coach because he sucks!

cuckoobird

At least he was coaching when he was hired. Maybe Rick Schaufer can be the next football coach, he's part of the razorback family. Jeff long, along with the other rich smart donors, is destroying the university sports program one hire and contract at a time.

Trojanbird

And it is so hard to recruit to Fayetteville!  I say BS!
If it can't be done then let's stop spending so much money there!  There are other schools, D-1, in the state that would love to have some!

Jacketman65

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 07, 2017, 10:28:23 pm
What do the "boys" have for a coach?
I think he should be a girl's coach because he sucks!
You guys don't be so hard on ole MA!  He is just filling a position and keeping the $ people happy by saying the right things!  "We are better and we don't need Dusty to score 20 in order to win, because we go better players"  Just seems to me that the Arkansas kids "that we don't get" keep coming back to stick it in our eye!

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 07, 2017, 10:31:55 pm
Maybe Rick Schaufer can be the next football coach, he's part of the razorback family.

Lmbo.... His pre game speeches to fire people up would be like bed time stories for children with that guys personality.

ricepig

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 07, 2017, 10:38:57 pm
And it is so hard to recruit to Fayetteville!  I say BS!
If it can't be done then let's stop spending so much money there!  There are other schools, D-1, in the state that would love to have some!

I'm sorry, what's keeping them from raising their own?

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2017, 12:31:24 pm
I'm sorry, what's keeping them from raising their own?

Except this isn't even true for the U of A.... we are borrowing money from bond holder's to pay for the stupid end zone expansion. So we do not even raise our own money apparently. We borrow it...

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2017, 12:41:44 pm
Except this isn't even true for the U of A.... we are borrowing money from bond holder's to pay for the stupid end zone expansion. So we do not even raise our own money apparently. We borrow it...

"Big donors".

Truthfully

1+ !!   Raised money in "real time" goes to help the U of A pay for inflated coaches salaries that exceed U of A salary caps, the rest coming from the Razorback Foundation.. The Foundation seems to be a puppet of the Board of Trustees and Long's decisions to pay crazy amounts of salary based on a rare occasion that a UofA team ends up high in the polls. Need more consistency and high top 20 ranking for 3-4 years to prove that "we are there" again. We are going down and not up, basketball or football. Something really wrong as other FF posters have said. I stand by a lot now and smile a lot more as each week goes by. First order of business is to evaluate the basketball assistant coaches and their ability to "coach" and "energize" and be "involved" for fans to see. 

ricepig

Uh, apples and oranges? Nothing is stopping anyone from issuing their own bond issue, except the ability to pay for it. The bonds are still being paid off by private funds, correct?

Romeo

Jimmy Dykes officially out as women's basketball coach.

Longfellow

Romeo

AirWarren

Romeo

This would be what they consider a home run hire. Neighbors has a great track record. Led Washington to the final four last year. Made it to the sweet 16 this season. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Neighbors

AirWarren

Gotcha. I'm not familiar with women's coaches.

OB11

Didn't Washington have the girl that broke the scoring record?

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 03, 2017, 01:26:12 pm
Didn't Washington have the girl that broke the scoring record?

Yeah, only a head coach for 4 years, but he did have Plum who was the scoring leader. He wanted it last time, but Long went with Sykes, that probably cost us $2M.......

Lions84

RZback

The risk you take when you hire someone like Dykes without the experience at that level, no head coach experience and out of the game for a good while.  No, it doesn't mean it will not work but certainly it is a risk.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas