• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Women's Basketball

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 04, 2016, 08:00:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Quote from: nastynice on November 10, 2016, 12:18:49 pm
Got a relative fairly high up on the food chain on the hill. Although he deals mainly with football and baseball, he deals to some degree with all the sports. He said there were several big donors throwing a fit and the feces was about to hit the fan if JD didn't find a quick solution. Very tense and a lot of finger pointing for a few days!

A real world example of how free speech isn't always free.  Common sense and discretion do come in handy sometimes.

bleudog

bleudog

Ventman

Their getting their college paid for, you stand for the national anthem period.

Truthfully

appears what talent there is on this women's team is not living up to their capabilities. Coaching suspect at times but what can he do with girls that 'don't care'?  500 people in the stands is NOT good when a few games ago it was 2000 or so. Horrible concession sales and ticket sales. Don't think that does not add up in the long run, considering Muster Long needs all the income he can muster. The Foundation is losing members by the hundreds each month. The big donors are slowly giving less but still staying within their "classification" of giving ( BM, Super Hog, Wild Hog, Big Red etc) but HOW LONG will that last?

Paying big bucks for what? Men's BB and FB on decline for the most part, showing potential and then just loafing and everyone wanting to shoot the ball or the football players getting bigger and slower by the year. Not good for our 4 point guards on the men's BB team who do not drive in or pass properly to inside players. .  Not good in football when the "big guys" can't move to block or pass protect, give me someone 25 # lighter who runs a 40 a half second quicker, etc.. Muster Long, your time is drawing near and those unfilled seats in the 160 MILLION DOLLAR addition will be your downfall. Even big corporate $$ does not like to attend games of average teams and fight traffic and weather, etc. This next year will tell us what our major sports programs (BB and FB) head coaches future will be and it won't be at Arkansas. We are just not a school that gets 4 and 5 star players yearly.... mainly 3 starts with a limited few 4 stars in football.

ricepig

Quote from: Truthfully on February 03, 2017, 11:54:39 am
appears what talent there is on this women's team is not living up to their capabilities. Coaching suspect at times but what can he do with girls that 'don't care'?  500 people in the stands is NOT good when a few games ago it was 2000 or so. Horrible concession sales and ticket sales. Don't think that does not add up in the long run, considering Muster Long needs all the income he can muster. The Foundation is losing members by the hundreds each month. The big donors are slowly giving less but still staying within their "classification" of giving ( BM, Super Hog, Wild Hog, Big Red etc) but HOW LONG will that last?

Paying big bucks for what? Men's BB and FB on decline for the most part, showing potential and then just loafing and everyone wanting to shoot the ball or the football players getting bigger and slower by the year. Not good for our 4 point guards on the men's BB team who do not drive in or pass properly to inside players. .  Not good in football when the "big guys" can't move to block or pass protect, give me someone 25 # lighter who runs a 40 a half second quicker, etc.. Muster Long, your time is drawing near and those unfilled seats in the 160 MILLION DOLLAR addition will be your downfall. Even big corporate $$ does not like to attend games of average teams and fight traffic and weather, etc. This next year will tell us what our major sports programs (BB and FB) head coaches future will be and it won't be at Arkansas. We are just not a school that gets 4 and 5 star players yearly.... mainly 3 starts with a limited few 4 stars in football.

I hate to break it to you, but the suites and Loge seats are virtually sold out, you can still get in on the club level seats. The RF has had increases in donations for several years running, just log on to Guidestar to read the annual 990's. I suspect there will be a small decrease in season ticket sales,but that's due in large part to our odd year SEC schedule, it's not as attractive as the even years.

Romeo

Just realized out of the six players that took a knee during the anthem, half of them are no longer in the program.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on February 03, 2017, 03:24:03 pm
Just realized out of the six players that took a knee during the anthem, half of them are no longer in the program.

Jimmy will be out of the program if they can find a slot for him in the athletic department, or RF. The hang up is his $500,000 salary.

papaeagle

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 03:59:33 pm
Jimmy will be out of the program if they can find a slot for him in the athletic department, or RF. The hang up is his $500,000 salary.
This $500K is NOTHING as bad as trying to get rid of Coach B with his $3.5 million buyout considerations. I can not believe the U of A would not search for a proven, former basketball HC and just "forgo" the $500K small salary of Jimmy. Why continue to have lackluster, poor recruiting seasons just to save $500K? You lose concession stand $$ income amounting to that much with the poor fan support filling 300-500 seats. Winning brings in crowds as all of us know and that brings in ticket sales and concession income. You can not compare the thought processes of letting someone go that makes 1/8 of our FB coach.
Jimmy has the right ideas but can not convey them to an overall untalented girls BB team. Agree with other posters that this 2017 year will be a tightrope walk and we can not continue to "run" before we walk.  :-\

ricepig

Quote from: papaeagle on February 03, 2017, 04:25:02 pm
This $500K is NOTHING as bad as trying to get rid of Coach B with his $3.5 million buyout considerations. I can not believe the U of A would not search for a proven, former basketball HC and just "forgo" the $500K small salary of Jimmy. Why continue to have lackluster, poor recruiting seasons just to save $500K? You lose concession stand $$ income amounting to that much with the poor fan support filling 300-500 seats. Winning brings in crowds as all of us know and that brings in ticket sales and concession income. You can not compare the thought processes of letting someone go that makes 1/8 of our FB coach.
Jimmy has the right ideas but can not convey them to an overall untalented girls BB team. Agree with other posters that this 2017 year will be a tightrope walk and we can not continue to "run" before we walk.  :-\

Why you may not like Bielema, his record, or anything about him, football sold 103% of capacity this year. Women's basketball is going down the tubes fast, he's down about 7-8 players in the past couple of years. He either recruited the wrong players for his system, or is a horrible coach. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Truthfully

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 04:49:55 pm
Why you may not like Bielema, his record, or anything about him, football sold 103% of capacity this year. Women's basketball is going down the tubes fast, he's down about 7-8 players in the past couple of years. He either recruited the wrong players for his system, or is a horrible coach. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
(1)  do not know how you sell 103% of tickets assigned to 100% of seats. Someone sitting in someone's seat
(2)  anything near 100% capacity ticket sales LAST year was in anticipation of a GREAT year, based on 2015
(3)  I promise you in 2017 that ticket sales will be down 'a bit'. Know that the $160 million addition will suffer
:-\

ricepig

Quote from: Truthfully on February 04, 2017, 09:12:47 am
(1)  do not know how you sell 103% of tickets assigned to 100% of seats. Someone sitting in someone's seat
(2)  anything near 100% capacity ticket sales LAST year was in anticipation of a GREAT year, based on 2015
(3)  I promise you in 2017 that ticket sales will be down 'a bit'. Know that the $160 million addition will suffer
:-\

Ok, attendance was 103% of capacity. Of course, if you have any idea of how attendance is figured, you know that includes ushers, ticket takers, concession workers, media, and anyone in "attendance".

The suites and Loge boxes are pre-sold, the $46M expansion, won't suffer, lol. You do know that's the actual cost of the additional seating? The rest is for upgrades throughout the stadium, two new elevators, new locker room, new athletic department offices, upgrades on existing suites, new concourse, etc.....?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2017, 09:59:28 am
Ok, attendance was 103% of capacity. Of course, if you have any idea of how attendance is figured, you know that includes ushers, ticket takers, concession workers, media, and anyone in "attendance".

The suites and Loge boxes are pre-sold, the $46M expansion, won't suffer, lol. You do know that's the actual cost of the additional seating? The rest is for upgrades throughout the stadium, two new elevators, new locker room, new athletic department offices, upgrades on existing suites, new concourse, etc.....?

This is fearless Friday your facts have no place here

ricepig

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 11:28:18 am
This is fearless Friday your facts have no place here

Sorry......fire the darn Yankee and Burp!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Regardless of what ticket sales are, was, is or whatever the only number that matters in 7-6...average. Defend him how you want but he is still average...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 04, 2017, 09:26:57 pm
Regardless of what ticket sales are, was, is or whatever the only number that matters in 7-6...average. Defend him how you want but he is still average...

Pretty much our average since joining the SEC, is average, but this is about the women's basketball team.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2017, 09:46:41 pm
Pretty much our average since joining the SEC, is average, but this is about the women's basketball team.
No, not with all coaches. And yes, it WAS about women's basketball but YOU brought up the attendance at football games. Defend Bert all you want, but you are losing the argument by Bert's numbers alone...but again...if you are okay with UA football or the basketball programs being average, more power to you. Just don't try and convince the rest of us that want to be above average...

Longfellow

We wouldn't be having this conversation if they would've hired Joe Foley

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Longfellow on February 05, 2017, 12:22:16 am
We wouldn't be having this conversation if they would've hired Joe Foley
Or Mike Neighbors...but hey, the "FANS" are happy with average... ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 04, 2017, 11:13:24 pm
No, not with all coaches. And yes, it WAS about women's basketball but YOU brought up the attendance at football games. Defend Bert all you want, but you are losing the argument by Bert's numbers alone...but again...if you are okay with UA football or the basketball programs being average, more power to you. Just don't try and convince the rest of us that want to be above average...

Want in one hand, and poop in the other, and see which one fills up the fastest. No, the difference between you and me, is that I know posting non-stop on a message board to fire every coach that loses a game is futile and will fall on deaf ears. I guess it does give you something to post, though.

cuckoobird

I'm pretty sure chucky has lost more than one game. This is a prime example of the establishment and their horrible ideas. Let's hire the color man who does the men's games, he's one of us, he's a Razorback, what can go wrong...

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2017, 08:19:22 am
I'm pretty sure chucky has lost more than one game. This is a prime example of the establishment and their horrible ideas. Let's hire the color man who does the men's games, he's one of us, he's a Razorback, what can go wrong...

I hear they may just swap jobs......

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2017, 08:01:00 am
Want in one hand, and poop in the other, and see which one fills up the fastest. No, the difference between you and me, is that I know posting non-stop on a message board to fire every coach that loses a game is futile and will fall on deaf ears. I guess it does give you something to post, though.
And you posting non-stop defending a coach or coaches that are average falls on deaf ears as well. Nobody hears you either yet you jump in at every turn defending Bert like he is your brother. If you don't like what we post you don't have to answer...it's not a rule on here that you have to answer...lol...but let's be clear. You are defending being average and paying heavily for it. The rest of us want to be above average...hope you can see the difference. You are just getting mad because we all don't like your boy Bert...you must be Ernie... ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 05, 2017, 09:45:33 am
And you posting non-stop defending a coach or coaches that are average falls on deaf ears as well. Nobody hears you either yet you jump in at every turn defending Bert like he is your brother. If you don't like what we post you don't have to answer...it's not a rule on here that you have to answer...lol...but let's be clear. You are defending being average and paying heavily for it. The rest of us want to be above average...hope you can see the difference. You are just getting mad because we all don't like your boy Bert...you must be Ernie... ;)

I never claimed my posts were falling on anything put moronic ears on here.....I believe you jumped in on my post on this thread, so it appears you feel the need to, as well. Bielema will be fired when those that make those decisions decide it's time, simple as that. I want him to do well, as I do with every Razorback coach, but it won't shed a tear for any of them, I'll just support the next one until he's gone.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2017, 10:08:53 am
I never claimed my posts were falling on anything put moronic ears on here.....I believe you jumped in on my post on this thread, so it appears you feel the need to, as well. Bielema will be fired when those that make those decisions decide it's time, simple as that. I want him to do well, as I do with every Razorback coach, but it won't shed a tear for any of them, I'll just support the next one until he's gone.
Same post different thread...lol...do you copy and paste those? And funny that ours fall on moronic ears also...kinda funny how that works huh? And like I said Ernie...keep supporting average...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 05, 2017, 10:12:27 am
Same post different thread...lol...do you copy and paste those? And funny that ours fall on moronic ears also...kinda funny how that works huh? And like I said Ernie...keep supporting average...

Just providing facts to those who choose to ignore them, nothing more. While you say "average", it's what we are since joining the SEC, just average.

cuckoobird

February 05, 2017, 12:55:19 pm #176 Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:57:41 pm by cuckoobird
Every year? Ernie, our best under bert is avg but every other coach exemting John L has above avg years. Your argument is assinine

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2017, 12:55:19 pm
Every year? Ernie, our best under bert is avg but every other coach exemting John L has above avg years. Your argument is assinine

Well, Elmo, I didn't realize his career at Arkansas was over, if these are his final numbers, then it will be below average. Of course, not every year in the SEC is equal to others, but I'll let the final numbers be the judge.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2017, 10:28:18 am
Just providing facts to those who choose to ignore them, nothing more. While you say "average", it's what we are since joining the SEC, just average.
You are so wrong Ernie it hurts...CBP and HDN was above average...especially after 4 years...lol...go to Bert buddy, he is waiting on you and very proud of you defending him...lol...the FACTS? Maybe you should use a different source. History, even recent history tells you we CAN be above .500...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 05, 2017, 01:41:08 pm
You are so wrong Ernie it hurts...CBP and HDN was above average...especially after 4 years...lol...go to Bert buddy, he is waiting on you and very proud of you defending him...lol...the FACTS? Maybe you should use a different source. History, even recent history tells you we CAN be above .500...

Big Bird, when his tenure is finished here, then we'll have definitive facts on his career as our head coach. We've had two consecutive seasons above .500, when he's had 10 seasons like Nutt, then we'll have comparative numbers to go by.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2017, 01:56:35 pm
Big Bird, when his tenure is finished here, then we'll have definitive facts on his career as our head coach. We've had two consecutive seasons above .500, when he's had 10 seasons like Nutt, then we'll have comparative numbers to go by.
I'm sure you would love to see him here for ten seasons...lol...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 05, 2017, 02:11:34 pm
I'm sure you would love to see him here for ten seasons...lol...

Unlike you, I don't care who the coach is. If he is here for 10 years, we will have had some very good seasons. I take that back, anyone but Nutt or Malzahn.

cuckoobird

We will never have above avg with him here. He just can't coach

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2017, 03:33:14 pm
We will never have above avg with him here. He just can't coach
Hey, average is fine with some as long as they can tailgate with fratbrats and see Bert on the sidelines...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 05, 2017, 04:31:31 pm
Hey, average is fine with some as long as they can tailgate with fratbrats and see Bert on the sidelines...

Nah, don't care who's on the sideline.

cuckoobird

Apparently you do, because you constantly defend him

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2017, 05:48:22 pm
Apparently you do, because you constantly defend him

Obviously your reading comprehension is lacking, I've said for years, I support the head coach, he's currently the head coach.

cuckoobird

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2017, 09:27:25 pm
Then you support mediocrity

Whatever.....you'd have a new coach every week, good luck with that.

HorseFeathers

When did bielema start coaching women's basketball?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 05, 2017, 10:34:43 pm
When did bielema start coaching women's basketball?
lol...it did take a hard right turn didn't it...

cuckoobird

The ole "whatever " reply. Sorry, but it's true. The funny thing is, you don't have to defend him every time someone says something about him but you do.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 06, 2017, 08:48:04 am
The ole "whatever " reply. Sorry, but it's true. The funny thing is, you don't have to defend him every time someone says something about him but you do.

Likewise for you, you don't have to attack him every time someone defends him, but you do.

cuckoobird

Are you 5? Or does being a blind homer cause some sort brain damage? Surely an astute man like yourself can come up with better arguments or statements. I guess the debate team wasn't high on your list of priorities while attending UAF. Keg stands and elephant walks took most of your time...

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 06, 2017, 12:56:08 pm
Are you 5? Or does being a blind homer cause some sort brain damage? Surely an astute man like yourself can come up with better arguments or statements. I guess the debate team wasn't high on your list of priorities while attending UAF. Keg stands and elephant walks took most of your time...

I fail to see why you wish to attack me or try to take some swipe at me, it usually means you have nothing to offer as debate. You appear to be the 5 year old with the name calling, I guess that's all you have for rebuttal.

I've told you my stance on Bielema and the coaches at the university, I get it, you don't agree. If you think personal attacks is debating, I'm afraid you didn't make it past the 4th grade playground.

cuckoobird

Oh no, i was just funnin with you after you ran out of excuses. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

AirWarren

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 06, 2017, 01:42:26 pm
Oh no, i was just funnin with you after you ran out of excuses. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Sure, that's just like your posting history, apologizing. I don't make excuses, I just state facts. Don't worry, you can't hurt my feelings.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on February 06, 2017, 02:10:23 pm
Apathy.

Does a body good.

Apathy would mean people don't watch, or post on a message boards, this more like selecting priorities.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2017, 02:27:57 pm
Apathy would mean people don't watch, or post on a message boards, this more like selecting priorities.

I sent Lanny a message last week and told him to delete my hogville account. I'm as far as apathetic to razorback athletics as I've ever been. I didn't watch the game Saturday. I opted for more constructive time like a date with the wife. As you can see, watching that game would have been a waste.

Winning talks. Until then, the program is dead to me. I'll cheer for them but nothing more. Nothing less.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas