• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hughes... A class act

Started by 24, March 04, 2007, 07:16:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dukebbfan

It's really a shame that the money collected can't be disseminated back to the districts of teams playing...it's how they might purchase new uniforms...new cheer uniforms...basketballs, athletic equipment...rather than taking it out of their district funds.  That's why alot of schools wear tattered and faded uniforms!!

So basically what you are saying is there really is no accountability for the AAA and how or what they spend all of their money on....Schools can't get upset because they have NO other options...it's join, play by their rules or go home!!  HOW SAD!

Missco

Yes, the officials is one of the only expenses that comes out of the gate. Like I said the salaries of the AAA officials are pretty high. However,  the school's don't fuss much. School's have the opportunity to propose what ever they would like and its voted on. We are all fussing wishing that their were less classes. I have heard 3 or 4 coaches in AAAA gripe because only 12 teams made it to state. I have also heard some coaches in AA and AAA gripe because more schools make the play-offs in football. The AAA is in a tough position. It's hard to please everyone.  If al the posters on here come up with a better solution. All that has to happen is to get an activity district to propose the solution.

dukebbfan

Unfortunately...school districts can't afford to rock the AAA boat.  They are at the mercy of whatever the AAA tells them to do.

I've seen other states during tourney time, having been in Missouri for many years at Springfield...they have a great state playoff at Mizzou.  I just wish we could upgrade our regional and state tourneys on neutral court sites.  It just seem the fair thing to do.

Missco

I agree. However, schools do have the ability the propose what they would like.

dukebbfan

If you were an administrator, would you have the nerve to "propose" anything to them for fear of reprisal??  One bad taste in their mouth is all it would take to never give you a regional, state, tourney...look into your program a little more closely, etc.

I don't know this for sure...but it sure does seem like they are powerful and could be hurtful if needed!!

I'm not a AAA basher...just want some progressive change to AR basketball...don't know how to go about it either!!

Bleachermom

In my opinion, the following tells the story of the priorities of the AAA Staff and Board of Directors: At the banquet for all teams in the State Basketball Championship games at Alltel in 2004, much more time was spent introducing the AAA staff and Board than was spent introducing the players/coaches. Additionally, in the program, the least senior secretary on the AAA staff got more print than any basketball player. Silliness in the extreme.

Missco

If a bunch of people came up with a better way I promise you it could get proposed. Their are schools out their that would propose it. Mainly because they know the system is not fair. Also some school's know that the AAA would never give them a regional or state anyway. The main problem is that most colleges do not want to mess with it. Their are enough good high school facilities in Central Arkansas to have it in that area every year. The answer is easy go to 4  classes in basketball. Have the tourney's at NLR,Hall High, The Stephens Center, and one other nearby venue. Then bring the finals to Alltel the Saturday of that same week or the following weekend.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas