• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4AAA District Tournament @ Booneville 2/14-2/17

Started by 1-Adam-12, February 13, 2006, 01:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Your thoughts, please?  Here's mine:

Boys:  Subi seems to be stumbling down the stretch losing two at home. They did pick up a couple of good wins too though.  Farmington and Ozark are both solid teams; West Fork can't be counted out and Booneville and Mansfield are both on a roll right now, with Booneville being especially dangerous because they've won 5 in a row at home.  Waldron also has a couple of quality wins.  In other words, you can't count out anyone (except Paris) to make a lot of noise.

Girls:  Farmington is the queen of the mountain until and unless someone knocks them off.  Ozark would seem to be the team most likely, though Booneville's been playing well lately too.  With the Custers, West Fork is a threat (they played Farmington a close one recently), but if Mansfield's threes fall WF might find themselves getting ready for softball and track early.  Remember that Mansfield owns a win over Ozark.  Paris or Waldron--one will get past the other in the first round, but neither seems likely to get by Booneville.

waddle_10

i think this will be a fun and exciting tourny and in the guys any one can beat anyone so good luck to all

wannab14

mansfield girls will have some problems with the towers but i think we can manage them... if we hit our threes and push it up and down the floor we are sure to have a win!!!!  us by 4....     

mansfield guys... well we need to play more as a team... we have some seniors that dont care so we will have a battle with waldron... we just need to stop cort from shooting and 00 from rebounding and we will get a win!!!  us by 6....

Williams

February 13, 2006, 06:51:15 pm #4 Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 06:52:52 pm by Williams
I've learned one thing during the conference race....You cannot overlook any team and you must come out with fire in your eyes. This tournament is going to be very interesting and fun. Cant wait! Goodluck to all teams!

The Recruiter

Quote from: Williams on February 13, 2006, 06:51:15 pm
I've learned one thing during the conference race....You cannot overlook any team and you must come out with fire in your eyes. This tournament is going to be very interesting and fun. Cant wait! Goodluck to all teams!

Hay Williams could you stop that clock, it's starting to get on my nerves.

Boy's I have told you all this before, the team that out scores their opponent every night will win this tournament.

waddle_10

well recruiter im gonna have to agree with ya once again the team that scores more points in each game they play will work their way through the tournament and end up winning ill even put money on it

Mark Few's pupil

Does anyone have a bracket or some updates or scores from last night?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: aphsports.com on February 14, 2006, 10:20:12 am
Does anyone have a bracket or some updates or scores from last night?

From another thread, they start tonight.

Tuesday 2/14/06
5:00  Game 1  Booneville vs. Paris (B)
6:30  Game 2  Paris vs. Waldron (G)
8:00  Game 3  Mansfield vs. Waldron (B)

Wednesday 2/15/06
4:00  Game 4  Booneville vs. winner of Game 2(G)
5:30  Game 5  Farmington vs. winner of Game 3 (B)
7:00  Game 6  West Fork vs. Mansfield (G)
8:30  Game 7  West Fork vs. winner of Game 1 (B)

Thursday 2/16/06
4:00  Game 8  Ozark vs. winner of Game 4 (G)
5:30  Game 9  Ozark vs. winner of Game 5 (B)
7:00  Game 10 Farmington vs. winner of Game 6 (G)
8:30  Game 11 Subiaco vs. winner of Game 7 (B)

Friday 2/17/06
6:30  Girls Championship  Winner of Game 10 vs. Winner of Game 8 (G)
8:00  Boys Championship Winner of Game 11 vs. Winner of Game 9 (B)

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: The Recruiter on February 13, 2006, 07:02:43 pm

Boy's I have told you all this before, the team that out scores their opponent every night will win this tournament.
Folks, this has to be the most astounding prediction ever....................................

The Recruiter

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 14, 2006, 03:12:09 pm
Quote from: The Recruiter on February 13, 2006, 07:02:43 pm

Folks, this has to be the most astounding prediction ever....................................

What can I say.

billsweeter

Man u guys need to get intouch with ESPN or Sports Illustrated cause somehow u have found away to predict the outcome of every game...o and who is going to win the final four i need to places bet....the team who scores the most each game is looking good but idk any thought?

rattler06

Doo-Dad

hillbillyfan11

T-Wacker

The Recruiter

Mansfield didn't play well at all tonight,just enough to get it done. Tomorrow night we will have to be hitting on all cylinders. I can see that happening after tonight's performance. Usually we have a good game following a weak performance.

Bling Bling

Quote from: The Recruiter on February 14, 2006, 11:01:46 pm
Mansfield didn't play well at all tonight,just enough to get it done. Tomorrow night we will have to be hitting on all cylinders. I can see that happening after tonight's performance. Usually we have a good game following a weak performance.
Mansfield played well tonight.  We did too we just missed some crutial shots that we needed.  Ya'll beat us by 3.  Great game.  I'm upset that thats my last game i'll ever play

waddle_10

well good game mansfield good luck in the tournament i think jake could have made a difference but all well yall beat us and its off to baseball

TwinTowersMom

Does anyone know the results of boys' game between Booneville and Paris?  And how about the girls' game between Paris and Waldron?  Tonight West Fork is up against Mansfield.  WF is ready to show Mansfield the way home.  Good luck to everyone in your games. 

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: TwinTowersMom on February 15, 2006, 08:44:15 am
Does anyone know the results of boys' game between Booneville and Paris?

Look up.  Reply #13.

Bearcat_Baby

I sure hope that Booneville wins this year! I mean we arent usually that great at basketball, but this year we are proving that we are more than just a football team!

trojanplayer

Booneville hasnt really proven anything yet... I mean yea they won some games.. But that doesnt mean that they have prvoen that they are more than just a footall team... They need to win a lot more for the next few years to do that.

TwinTowersMom

Okay, I see Booneville/Paris boys results in reply #13.  Thanks.  I confirmed in the paper that Mansfield boys beat Waldron 52-49 in overtime, as previously stated by another user.  On the Paris/Waldon girls' game, winner was Paris 63-45.  Booneville girls will have their hands full with Paris.  When they're hot, Paris plays much better than their record shows.  I'm pulling for Paris because I was amazed and ashamed at the bad sportsmanship displayed by the Booneville fans.  Mostly kids, but their administrators could at least do something about it because they have a really bad reputation.  Last game we played them (2/7) the game had to be stopped because the kids were throwing things on the court during play.  This is not what basketball is all about.

Bearcat_Baby

Quote from: trojanplayer on February 15, 2006, 12:15:00 pm
Booneville hasnt really proven anything yet... I mean yea they won some games.. But that doesnt mean that they have prvoen that they are more than just a footall team... They need to win a lot more for the next few years to do that.

good point, but i still want us to win! ha ha!

rattler06

Booneville/Paris girls score?? im sure Lady Cats won...

Doo-Dad

February 15, 2006, 07:27:28 pm #26 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:29:20 pm by Doo-Dad
Quote from: rattler06 on February 15, 2006, 05:42:58 pm
Yeah they won, can't remember the exact score but I believe it  was by 10-15. On another note before some of the Mansfield posters get on here (if any of them do), as a non biased fan that watched 3 qtrs. of the game vs. the Farmington boys, the Mansfield folks have a justified complaint,as I watched a couple of times a Farmington player was pretty close to setting up a tent in the lane,and it wasn't called, as far as fouls-no fouls that was going both ways, as the officials were definately letting them play- Farmington took advantage of this and used their bulk to gain position, as well as ball control. But if I were from Mansfield, I would definately have a gripe. Oh yeah, at theend of 3 qtrs. of play F-town had a 20 pt. lead, don't know how it ended up, as I left before it was over.

rattler06

The Recruiter

Quote from: Doo-Dad on February 15, 2006, 07:27:28 pm
Quote from: rattler06 on February 15, 2006, 05:42:58 pm
Yeah they won, can't remember the exact score but I believe it  was by 10-15. On another note before some of the Mansfield posters get on here (if any of them do), as a non biased fan that watched 3 qtrs. of the game vs. the Farmington boys, the Mansfield folks have a justified complaint,as I watched a couple of times a Farmington player was pretty close to setting up a tent in the lane,and it wasn't called, as far as fouls-no fouls that was going both ways, as the officials were definately letting them play- Farmington took advantage of this and used their bulk to gain position, as well as ball control. But if I were from Mansfield, I would definately have a gripe. Oh yeah, at theend of 3 qtrs. of play F-town had a 20 pt. lead, don't know how it ended up, as I left before it was over.

THANKS DOO-DAD

waddle_10

rattler06

Doo-Dad

Quote from: SportsRlife on February 15, 2006, 10:24:36 pm
so what are the scores from tonight?
West Fork girls defeated Mansfield....by quite a bit.
  Booneville boys defeat WestFork boys in a thriller 45-42.

1-Adam-12

Booneville girls beat Paris 38-27.

Both Booneville teams are going to regionals.  Quite an accomplishment after the boys last season won only two games and the girls four. 

The boys just believe so much in themselves and play together so well. 

Also consider that the girls lost their leading scorer from last season during the summer and it shows how much they have come together too.

It's the first time the boys have gone to regionals since 1983, and the first time ever that both the boys and girls have gone to regionals in the same season.

Congratulations, but don't let it stop here!  Let's keep on winning!

trojanman

Quote from: trojanplayer on February 15, 2006, 12:15:00 pm
dude idk which of my old teamates you are but get a grip.  you guys lost to booneville and then you have lost to ozark, west fork, and mansfield, all at home i think so you have no need to talk, you guys need to pull your heads out of the clouds you arent the team you were and you wont be until u get the dilusions out of your head.  did ya'll think cause you were from subiaco that you would win just cause that jersey says Trojans on it? i hope not cause from what i have seen and heard you guys arent working hard or as a team.  now if u want to be Trojans a bleed orange and blue then get of this site every nite and go shoot some free throws or bond with your teamates.  i hope i am not going to waste my gas driving up to see ya'll play in the tournament and if you are the same as at the times i watched you guys play then i am going to personally apologize to coach tencleve (who is a great coach and great man) and tell him that i am sorry that i wasnt a better leader during my too short four years there.

TwinTowersMom

West Fork girls beat Mansfield like a drum, 48-27, and play Farmington tonight.  We'll need a small miracle to get by them.  But cool that we'll go to regionals for the second time straight after a 17-year drought.

unclevetren

borat

did farmington win last night? what was the score?

billsweeter

yeah they did....ryan dennis outscored mansfield

trojanplayer

waddle_10

hes cocky, talks smack, whines, but is pretty good

catdaddy

1-Adam-12 should sing the National Anthum tonight. he has a great voice.  :o :o

Waddl3

yeah one time he pump faked and i went into the air and nailed him in the back with my knees. it was a complete accident and i was apologizing and all that and he just frowned and griped at me

dirtybirdfan20

Ya Im pretty sure one of our players (ozark) was jumping up n down n celebrating our victory in double OT and dennis decides he is going to throw an elbow at him while walking to the bench. But all well he can be a soar loser bc we are going to the Championship!

Anyone know the outcome of the Booneville/Subi game???

The Recruiter

Quote from: catdaddy on February 16, 2006, 06:38:12 pm
1-Adam-12 should sing the National Anthum tonight. he has a great voice. :o :o

Hay you let me know if he does Ill make the trip back down just to hear that.

billsweeter

Quote from: The Recruiter on February 16, 2006, 10:58:50 pm
Quote from: catdaddy on February 16, 2006, 06:38:12 pm
1-Adam-12 should sing the National Anthum tonight. he has a great voice. :o :o

Hay you let me know if he does Ill make the trip back down just to hear that.
The girl who sang it when we played u guys on Sr. night had a really good voice to

Doo-Dad

Anyone know the outcome of the Booneville/Subi game???
Subiaco defeats Booneville 51-46, not sure if that is exact, but it is right there close.

WYCBacker

February 16, 2006, 11:19:54 pm #47 Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:23:14 pm by BearcatNation
If you want an @$$ lets talk about Mendoza (sp) Subi has way to much history to let that kid play.  He taunted our crowd and our plays Blatant un sportsmanship. He is good but not that good.  Well It's over for now we will see them in Regionals and all next year.  Tencleve better get to his recruiting.  I would like to encourage all the Booneville fans to come on out and show a little love to OZARK (makes me sick saying it).  Parrish's kids have much more class and they are not a private school.   Good luck cats in regionals and go O em .......em........hack......Cough>>>>>>> GO... oh this is harder than I thought........ all right all at once now ...GO OZARK!!!! KSA BABY

billsweeter

Why does #2(brown) from Bonneville were a big foot brace and then not even limp or play like he has a small injury during the game?

Doo-Dad

Quote from: billsweeter on February 16, 2006, 11:32:55 pm
Why does #2(brown) from Bonneville were a big foot brace and then not even limp or play like he has a small injury during the game?
He does have an injury, not exactly sure what it is,but according to one of the other Booneville faithful, he was advised by the doctor to where it whenever he isn't playing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas