• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris at Roland (OK)

Started by #EagleStrong, December 08, 2015, 12:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Eagles won 52-42 earlier in the season, but Roland is a notoriously hard place to play and the Rangers are playing very good basketball since their loss. Last year Gage Hampton suffered a wrist injury that kept him out for three games (@Atkins, @County Line, @Alma).

BigMan15

WPWells

I think it's within 5 either way. I'll take Paris

#EagleStrong

WPWells

12th Man aka pick'em expert of FF

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 08, 2015, 09:33:34 pm
12th Man aka pick'em expert of FF

I thought the same thing. Paris had a six point lead and Roland hit a shot at the buzzer. I immediately thought of you lol.

#EagleStrong

The only good I can take away from this game is that Paris can play really, really bad and still find a way to win. They were down twelve early but rallied to tie it at halftime. Then they controlled the second half. Roland is a really good ball team, the Wiggins kid can play and they're tenacious on defense. They held Hampton to just 5 and shut out Atchison completely. As a team Paris shot 6% from 3. Kris Graham hit their only trey of the game in a 1 of 14 shooting night. But the Eagles still found a way to win. Lot to work on though.

neds

SBaller

Synopsis on Paris from games I've seen:
Cons
The "stars" on the team get shut down way too easily.
They have one ball handler so if you make others dribble, they will struggle.
Filled with role players. Don't have a go to guy (which isn't necessarily bad, if they were completely fundamentally sound...). For example, PR beat them with 6 players & were just more fundamental. PR shot a high percentage, but also had a lot of good looks. When they got down, started jackin up 3's instead of using their advantage down low.
The pg & the post are pretty good, but aren't aggressive.
Pros
They have an extreme amount of depth, but the coach doesn't utilize it very well.
Their defense "could be" hectic with all their length.
The talent is there for them to compete.

With all being said, I could see them making a run.
Charleston & TR shouldn't have a problem though. But it's basketball you never know!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: SBaller on December 10, 2015, 06:35:29 am
Synopsis on Paris from games I've seen:
Cons
The "stars" on the team get shut down way too easily.
They have one ball handler so if you make others dribble, they will struggle.
Filled with role players. Don't have a go to guy (which isn't necessarily bad, if they were completely fundamentally sound...). For example, PR beat them with 6 players & were just more fundamental. PR shot a high percentage, but also had a lot of good looks. When they got down, started jackin up 3's instead of using their advantage down low.
The pg & the post are pretty good, but aren't aggressive.
Pros
They have an extreme amount of depth, but the coach doesn't utilize it very well.
Their defense "could be" hectic with all their length.
The talent is there for them to compete.

With all being said, I could see them making a run.
Charleston & TR shouldn't have a problem though. But it's basketball you never know!

I actually agree with you on most points. Nehus the pg has had a lot of 15 point games that should have been 25 point games. Their sg Atchison is in the middle of a shooting slump. If he gets out of it they'll be dangerous on offense. They shot 36 3-pointers against PR, waaaay too many. They didn't take PR very seriously, having a letdown game after beating Ozark and looking forward to County Line. They were lethargic and didn't run any offense. They're 6-2 with some pretty nice wins (Roland twice, at Ozark, County Line), but nothing spectacular. They should be 8-0, but they blew leads against Dardanelle and Pea Ridge. They keep winning ugly, shooting low percentages and playing inconsistent on defense. You don't go into a place like Roland and shoot 6.7% from behind the arc, get just five points from your best player and a goose egg from your best shooter, and come away with a win. But they did somehow. That counts for something, but they have to start cleaning things up and playing more consistently and fundamentally. And while Charleston is clicking right now, there's no way Two Rivers would easily beat them. They haven't had an answer for Hampton. If he shows up TR will have their hands full. The TR-Paris games should be great this year. And if Paris gets through their shooting slump and starts clicking they'll be very good. IF.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas