• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A District Tournament

Started by #EagleStrong, February 12, 2015, 12:44:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

February 12, 2015, 12:44:45 am Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:55:24 pm by #EagleStrong
Girls Division

Play-In Game
Game 1 (Monday, 6:00)
#6 Danville Lady Little Johns 61
vs
#7 Booneville Lady Bearcats 52

Quarterfinals
Game 2 (Tuesday 4:00)
#3 Two Rivers Lady Gators 55
vs
#6 Danville Lady Little Johns 59

Game 3 (Tuesday 7:00)
#4 Charleston Lady Tigers 55
vs
#5 Atkins Lady Red Devils 61 OT

Semifinals
Game 4 (Thursday 4:00)
#1 Lamar Lady Warriors 54
vs
#5 Atkins Lady Red Devils 33

Game 5 (Thursday 7:00)
#2 Paris Lady Eagles 46
vs
#6 Danville Lady Little Johns 48

Finals
Game 6 (Friday 6:00)
#1 Lamar Lady Warriors
vs
#6 Danville Lady Little Johns

Boys Bracket

Play-In Game
Game 1 (Monday 7:30)
#6 Atkins Red Devils 60
vs
#7 Booneville Bearcats 44

Quarterfinals
Game 2 (Tuesday 5:30)
#3 Two Rivers Gators 80
vs
#6 Atkins Red Devils 69

Game 3 (Tuesday 8:30)
#4 Lamar Warriors 69
vs
#5 Danville Little Johns 53

Semifinals
Game 4 (Thursday 5:30)
#1 Charleston Tigers 40
vs
#4 Lamar Warriors 52

Game 5 (Thursday 8:30)
#2 Paris Eagles 68
vs
#3 Two Rivers Gators 49

Finals
Game 6 (Thursday 7:30)
#4 Lamar Warriors
vs
#2 Paris Eagles

cobbs34

Girls bracket is wrong. Winner of charleston and two rivers Friday night is 3 seed

#EagleStrong

Quote from: cobbs34 on February 12, 2015, 06:12:59 am
Girls bracket is wrong. Winner of charleston and two rivers Friday night is 3 seed

Yeah, I know, I just projected TR as the 3 seed. If it turns out differently I'll change it. TR boys can technically still get the 2 seed but they'd need to beat Charleston and have Paris lose to Booneville.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 12, 2015, 07:45:09 am
Quote from: cobbs34 on February 12, 2015, 06:12:59 am

Yeah, I know, I just projected TR as the 3 seed. If it turns out differently I'll change it. TR boys can technically still get the 2 seed but they'd need to beat Charleston and have Paris lose to Booneville.

Correction: Atkins girls will be the 5 seed.

BigMan15

#EagleStrong

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 13, 2015, 09:58:13 am
Dates and times for these games?

I'm going to update the brackets tonight when all the results come in. I'll include the dates and times.

BigMan15

falconroots

Does anyone have the district tournament schedule with days and times yet? If you do could you please post it!  Thank u

#EagleStrong

Quote from: falconroots on February 14, 2015, 12:01:23 pm
Does anyone have the district tournament schedule with days and times yet? If you do could you please post it!  Thank u

Updated

RTF

mi-ky

NO.
Danville (6th) vs Booneville  (7th) girls Tuesday at 4
Atkins (6th) vs Booneville (7th) boys  Tuesday at 530
Charleston (4th) vs Atkins (5th) girls Tuesday 700
Lamar (4th) vs Danville (5th) boys Tuesday 830

Wednesday
Two Rivers (3rd) vs Danville/Booneville girls 600
Two Rivers (3rd) vs Atkins/Booneville boys 730

RTF

#EagleStrong

The Danville-Lamar game is gonna be sad. Either Jay Trusty or Daniel McCarley will see their career end that game. Very interested to see that game.

Longfellow

Tech saved me some gas canceling class Monday so I might have to drive out to Paris to watch Lamar/Danville. I bet it's a good one

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on February 17, 2015, 10:21:36 am
Tech saved me some gas canceling class Monday so I might have to drive out to Paris to watch Lamar/Danville. I bet it's a good one

I'm really excited to see that one. Final showdown between McCarley and Trusty. Tears will be shed.

CincyGuyintheFort

I will be covering tonight at Paris. I will provide updates and stats on the last 3 games. And possibly the first girls game if I get there in time.
If you would like to see up to the minute game updates and final individual and team stats please just follow my tweets @CincyDen.

cwilson250733

Anyone know if any of the games are streaming tonight?

BigMan15

Charleston and atkins girls and danville and lamar boys will be great games..

#EagleStrong

Danville girls won the first game 61-52. Booneville girls hung tough. Close game all the way.

#EagleStrong

Booneville boys lead Atkins 16-13 after the first quarter.

#EagleStrong

Atkins boys lead Booneville 33-27 at the half.

#EagleStrong

Atkins up 48-38 start of the fourth. Both teams playing pretty well. You can tell neither wants their season to end tonight.

#EagleStrong

Atkins boys won 60-44. They play Two Rivers tomorrow.

Charleston and Atkins girls warming up now.

#EagleStrong

Charleston girls up 27-15 at the half against Atkins.

#EagleStrong

Atkins girls take their first lead of the game 44-43 with 3:15 left in the game.

#EagleStrong

Atkins and Charleston girls going into OT

#EagleStrong

1-Adam-12

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 17, 2015, 05:25:22 pm
Danville girls won the first game 61-52. Booneville girls hung tough. Close game all the way.

Thanks for the good word.  Our girls battled through injuries and shorthandedness all season and I feel that they were peaking at the right moment.  Just too many turnovers tonight.

I think if we'd had #20 all season we would have won a few more games.  This was only her 3rd game back from a knee problem and she had the best game she's ever had tonight.

Best wishes to all remaining teams.

#EagleStrong

Lamar boys up 18-16 on Danville after the first, but McCarley has two fouls.

#EagleStrong

Lamar up 38-27 at the half. McCarley has 4. Trusty has 10.

#EagleStrong

50-39 Lamar start of the fourth. McCarley has 5. Trusty has 17. Brady Taylor leads all scorers with 20 for Lamar.

#EagleStrong

Lamar wins 69-53. Brady Taylor leads the way with 25 for the Warriors. Jay Trusty's prolific career ends without a regional tournament appearance. End of an Era in Danville.

RTF

I was at the last two games and I have not been to a game all year. All I am going to say is..... fans.... (shaking my head).

#EagleStrong

Quote from: RTF on February 18, 2015, 08:51:44 am
I was at the last two games and I have not been to a game all year. All I am going to say is..... fans.... (shaking my head).

Yeah....that was pretty bad.

BigMan15

Lamar fans are pretty rough but they support their team..thursday against charleston will be intense for sure!!!

CincyGuyintheFort

I was there and wow the Charleston girls crapped it down their leg. They had 18 turnovers in the second half. It was a heck of a comeback by Atkins. They deserved it. I knew as soon as Oldridge fouled out right after Jones did that it was all bad for them in OT, and it was.

As for the Lamar v. Danville game. Taylor for LHS lit it up with 25 and the big man #25 was a presence down low. He was who I think kept Trusty from going off. Cuz yes he had 24. But it was a quiet 24.
And after watching that game, I have no doubt that Danville would beat West Fork or anyone else the other 3aW district has to offer. Its a shame that Trusty career ends with a 6th place district finish...

RTF

its one thing to scream and yell at your team, its another to just scream trash at the refs and at the other team.

Charleston's girls got away from the 1st quarter plan that got them a good lead, but even so congrats to Atkins it was a fun game to watch.

Lamar's boys could win this entire tourney if they will show up and play.

WPWells

Technically a 5th place finish - the 4/5 games were technically a round later than the 6/7 games

#EagleStrong

Assuming Two Rivers avoids the upset against Atkins tonight, this tournament is wide open. All four semifinalists will have beaten at least two of the others. Charleston gets a nod in that they're the only one to have beaten all of the other three, and they're the only team to beat Paris at Paris this year.

cwilson250733

any radio stations carrying the tournament

#EagleStrong

Danville girls pull off the upset over rival Two Rivers. The six seed is through to the semis and has a berth in regionals.

#EagleStrong

TR boys up 15-8 after the first quarter against Atkins.

#EagleStrong

Longfellow

#EagleStrong

Longfellow

Start of the 4th
Two Rivers Gators 58
Atkins Red Devils 43
Garot Brimm has 23 points
Alex Spradlin has 15 for Atkins

Longfellow

Sorry not Spradlin. #21 has 15 for Atkins. Don't know his name

1-Adam-12

Sweeten I think.  He's a 9th grader that got moved up.

#EagleStrong

February 18, 2015, 09:53:48 pm #48 Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:02:39 pm by #EagleStrong
Atkins only has one senior. They will probably be pretty good next year if their players keep developing. Paris and Two Rivers stand to be the favorites next year (Paris returns four starters, Two Rivers returns three), but Atkins and Charleston, even without Ward and Smith (Michael Ward, Jackson Rowland, a good sophomore in Chase Ewing), look to be pretty formidable too. Lamar and Danville probably have too much production to replace (McCarley, Taylor, Trusty, Cathey) with too little from their incoming sophomores to make much of an impact. They won't be without talent though with Kern at Lamar and Madding at Danville. Way too soon to look that far ahead though.

Girls bracket has been chaos so far. Boys bracket has gone chalk. Paris girls swept Danville in three games this year. The Lady Eagles won by 21 earlier this month. Lamar swept Atkins in the regular season also. But, hey, stranger things have happened. The boys semifinals games should be thrillers. Paris swept Two Rivers, but only won by an average of 7.5 points. Charleston and Lamar split, with neither team winning by more than 5 points. All four have a legitimate shot at the title. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun.

jk

Gonna try and make the Lamar/Charleston game, should be a dandy. Worth the price just to watch the Lamar fans, No one supports their team better but what a bunch of ------. Go Charleston

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas