• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Tournament Bracketology

Started by #EagleStrong, January 24, 2015, 07:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

bb1996

Yes D-1 might not b 6'5" but Arkansas has offered. I am not from down there my son goes to Centerpoint

bobcats

Quote from: bb1996 on February 01, 2015, 10:41:55 am
I think smackover is in.... Anytime u have a 6 ft 5 inch division 1 player gives u a heck of a shot...

I assume this is Jones, he is listed as 6'2" on the recruiting sites.  Of course anytime you see a high D1 player on a 3A court they stand out.

Hootie

Quote from: bobcats on February 03, 2015, 04:19:01 pm
Quote from: bb1996 on February 01, 2015, 10:41:55 am
I think smackover is in.... Anytime u have a 6 ft 5 inch division 1 player gives u a heck of a shot...

I assume this is Jones, he is listed as 6'2" on the recruiting sites.  Of course anytime you see a high D1 player on a 3A court they stand out.

If it is Jones he's not 6'5"... But that kid is still a freakish athlete. The game with McGehee tonight should be a dandy!

#EagleStrong

Slight update: Valley Springs jumps Marshall to the three seed after upsetting Flippin. That's going to be a very interesting district tournament.

Smackover remains in after a narrow loss to McGehee. Prescott still off, but very close. Prescott-Cossatot River loser at district probably gets left out, as I'd favor the Buckaroos over either right now, but again it's close. Cossatot gets the nod on a neutral court right now since the game at Prescott came down to a buzzer beater. With Centerpoint and McGehee undefeated in their respective conferences, one of those three (Smackover, Cossatot River, Prescott) is likely going to get left out. All are state tournament caliber though.

Little cause for movement otherwise. Lamar and Danville game will have large implications next week for the four spot in region 1. Osceola has an easy conference schedule left, but with Marshall and Valley Springs playing well, it's hard to project them into the field of 16. ECS still dominant in region 2, Mayflower wavering a bit, but little reason to knock them out just yet, but Jessieville still a major contender for a bid.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 04, 2015, 11:21:35 am
Slight update: Valley Springs jumps Marshall to the three seed after upsetting Flippin. That's going to be a very interesting district tournament.

Smackover remains in after a narrow loss to McGehee. Prescott still off, but very close. Prescott-Cossatot River loser at district probably gets left out, as I'd favor the Buckaroos over either right now, but again it's close. Cossatot gets the nod on a neutral court right now since the game at Prescott came down to a buzzer beater. With Centerpoint and McGehee undefeated in their respective conferences, one of those three (Smackover, Cossatot River, Prescott) is likely going to get left out. All are state tournament caliber though.

Little cause for movement otherwise. Lamar and Danville game will have large implications next week for the four spot in region 1. Osceola has an easy conference schedule left, but with Marshall and Valley Springs playing well, it's hard to project them into the field of 16. ECS still dominant in region 2, Mayflower wavering a bit, but little reason to knock them out just yet, but Jessieville still a major contender for a bid.
I would still give Prescott the edge. Although we won at the buzzer, the game at Cossatot was still close.

#EagleStrong

District is at Horatio, right? Does that favor either team at all?

Wolfpack68

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bb1996 on February 03, 2015, 03:30:12 pm
Yes D-1 might not b 6'5" but Arkansas has offered. I am not from down there my son goes to Centerpoint

Jordan is 6'3". Chad is 6'2". We do not have a 6'5" player. If we did... I think we would have done a little better against Junction.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 04, 2015, 11:28:42 am

Actually Valley is the 2 seed.  Marshall is the 3.

I would still give Prescott the edge. Although we won at the buzzer, the game at Cossatot was still close.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 04, 2015, 08:13:05 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 04, 2015, 11:28:42 am

Actually Valley is the 2 seed.  Marshall is the 3.

Valley is the three seed in my bracket projection. That's what I was referring to. Flippin and Rivercrest are the projected one and two seeds respectively. Prior to the Flippin upset I had them as the four seed in their region. Obviously, they're capable of winning that region though.

bobcats

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 04, 2015, 07:54:40 pm
Quote from: bb1996 on February 03, 2015, 03:30:12 pm

Jordan is 6'3". Chad is 6'2". We do not have a 6'5" player. If we did... I think we would have done a little better against Junction.

Speaking of Junction, how good of a basketball player is Bell?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas