• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Conference Standings and Results

Started by #EagleStrong, December 31, 2014, 02:59:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

WPWells

I'll be there for the game of the night Friday!

Longfellow

I really hope Charleston has different refs friday, or I'm probably gonna get arrested

WPWells

I'll have the administrators toss you before the game just to save time

1-Adam-12

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 13, 2015, 10:20:07 pm
I'll have the administrators toss you before the game just to save time

Better Yet, just have them meet him at the door with Cuffs..

#EagleStrong

Paris should cruise past Booneville, and Danville shouldn't have too much trouble with Atkins.

By a wide margin, Two Rivers at Charleston is the biggest game Friday. Gators will be heavy underdogs, but people should pay attention to them now. Likely to finish no worse than third after beating Lamar on the road. Danville and Lamar will probably be fighting for fourth. The Trusty-McCarly duel will be pretty fun to watch. Right now I'll lean toward a split with Lamar getting the four seed at district by virtue of margin of victory. And I would take Danville over any other conference's #5 any day. Heck, they beat one of the top 1A teams. This conference is strong.

#EagleStrong

Charleston is at Danville tonight. Two of the conference's best scorers, Matthew Ward and Jay Trusty, going at it. Should be a decisive Tigers victory. Danville took a beating on Tuesday against Paris, and Charleston was off.

Littlejohnfan65

Girls Final

Charleston 54
Danville     51

Littlejohnfan65

Boys half time

Charleston 33
Danville     30

Trusty 18
Ward & Smith maybe all but 2-4 of Tigers points.

Littlejohnfan65

End of three quarters

Danville 51
Charleston 44

BigMan15

#EagleStrong

How is Danville slowing Charleston down this much? I figured Danville would be able to score, but this is shocking.

Littlejohnfan65

Charleston 59
Danville     56

Matthew Ward scored 9 points in last 1:30 and game winner falling away from 24 feet at buzzer. He and Smith 23 each. Trusty 35

WPWells

#EagleStrong

I'd still like to know how Danville held Charleston to just 59. Paris dropped 90 and 87 on the Little Johns in their two meetings this year. Must have been some kind of off-night for Charleston. Ward only had 14 until the last 1:30? Of course, as I've said, Danville is pretty darn dangerous when they've got it clicking. I'm loving how good the conference is looking so far. That was the fifth place team against the #2 team in 3A. This kind of competition is only going to make our teams stronger.

Littlejohnfan65

Yes Eaglestrong, Charleston wasn't sharp. Trusty played his game and went to the line in the first half 18 times. 15/18.  Ward missed quite a few shots all game. Trusty got hot from three range in third in what was probably worst quarter I've ever seen a Charleston team play. Little Johns out scored them 21-11 in the quarter. Danville went to a stall game the whole 4th quarter.  Looked like it was going to work but a post missed two fts, Trusty missed one of a technical, a 78% ft shooter missed a one and one and Matthew Ward made the plays when he had to.

cdelaney

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 15, 2015, 09:45:26 pm
I'd still like to know how Danville held Charleston to just 59. Paris dropped 90 and 87 on the Little Johns in their two meetings this year. Must have been some kind of off-night for Charleston. Ward only had 14 until the last 1:30? Of course, as I've said, Danville is pretty darn dangerous when they've got it clicking. I'm loving how good the conference is looking so far. That was the fifth place team against the #2 team in 3A. This kind of competition is only going to make our teams stronger.
The ACC of 3A?

Basketball13

Quote from: cdelaney on January 16, 2015, 09:16:13 am
The ACC of 3A?

Danville had a player who was super Hott from 3 that wasn't Trusty. Don't know the name or number though.

b-ball fan

Grant Cathey was the other kid that was knocking down shots. He is a very good all-around player and is very capable of knocking down big 3s. He is a gamer

#EagleStrong

Grant to me seems like the key to that team. Trusty always delivers, but when Grant is on in addition to Jay they can have a fair amount of success. He hasn't played well against Paris this year, which led to the blowouts, but Paris has a lot of respect for Danville. And I think they might have a good sophomore out? I heard something along those lines, but I'm not sure. They'll get better as the year goes along.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: cdelaney on January 16, 2015, 09:16:13 am
The ACC of 3A?

Second strongest conference in 3A behind 5-3A (ECS, BHG, Mayflower, Jessieville, etc.). I would take Danville over any other conference's #5.

1-Adam-12

January 16, 2015, 09:28:48 pm #72 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:38:04 pm by 1-Adam-12
Paris 75 Booneville 48.   

Booneville competed hard and stayed within shouting distance for 3 qtrs. That in itself should build a little confidence and maybe we can sneak up on someone later in the season.

Fenner got dinged up going for a rebound in the 1st qtr.  Did not play much after. Looked like he would be OK.  #20 hit some big 3's tonight. Very impressed with the way Paris moves the ball and never gives up on a play.

Littlejohnfan65

Boys

Danville 69
Atkins    55

Trusty 40

BigCatMan

I think it is fitting that this conference has it's own thread. All anyone seems to talk about is them anyway and how awesome they are. There are other teams but all I read is a constant fight among a handful of people. All the best players and teams from about the same group in every thread. This is all I have to say. I just want more knowledgeable opinions from all teams and players involved. Need to just read the sports section. Good night to all

BigMan15

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 16, 2015, 09:28:48 pm
Paris 75 Booneville 48.   

Booneville competed hard and stayed within shouting distance for 3 qtrs. That in itself should build a little confidence and maybe we can sneak up on someone later in the season.

Fenner got dinged up going for a rebound in the 1st qtr.  Did not play much after. Looked like he would be OK.  #20 hit some big 3's tonight. Very impressed with the way Paris moves the ball and never gives up on a play.
Fenner is fine just rolled an ankle and didnt want to chance it so they rested him most of the game..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigCatMan on January 16, 2015, 11:13:33 pm
I think it is fitting that this conference has it's own thread. All anyone seems to talk about is them anyway and how awesome they are. There are other teams but all I read is a constant fight among a handful of people. All the best players and teams from about the same group in every thread. This is all I have to say. I just want more knowledgeable opinions from all teams and players involved. Need to just read the sports section. Good night to all

Dear Lord if some people didn't find things to gripe about what would they do with their lives? They have their own thread because someone started it....Start one for your conference and keep us updated on how things are going in it...It will get stickied to the top of the page just like this one...

beach bum

1-Adam-12

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 16, 2015, 11:48:58 pm
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 16, 2015, 09:28:48 pm
Paris 75 Booneville 48.   

Fenner is fine just rolled an ankle and didnt want to chance it so they rested him most of the game..

Glad to know he is OK. And certainly understand Paris sitting him. They are looking at the big picture and if they are going to contend in the postseason the Eagles will need him.

HorseFeathers

Can we get an updated conference standings for boys and girls?

#EagleStrong

I updated the Boys standings. I haven't been tracking girls' results, but I'll try to start. I know Lamar and Paris each have one conference loss, with Paris holding the tie-breaker. Not sure about the others though, so I'll need some help from the FF community. Check the first post in the thread to see which results I'm missing.

#EagleStrong

Do we have the score from the Lamar-Two Rivers girls game from Jan 13?

Basketball13

Anybody want to tell me what the craziness was at Danville last night with a fan. I heard some things but wanted to see if any fellow posters saw it.

WPWells

I know Charleston girls only have one conference loss

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: Basketball13 on January 17, 2015, 02:45:41 pm
Anybody want to tell me what the craziness was at Danville last night with a fan. I heard some things but wanted to see if any fellow posters saw it.
A fan got a little crazy....police had to break out the tazer! Can you believe that, I can't imagine such ;) lol

Kitty01

Watch out for charleston girls they are shooting with confidence and shooting the lights out of the gym. They just may win this conference or at least make the turny this year

1-Adam-12

Boys:  Charleston 69 Booneville 31.  Ward scored 33, 20 in the first qtr. We did not play with the same intensity as against Paris.

Girls:  Charleston 56 Booneville 36.  Booneville played their two best qtrs of the season in 2nd and 3rd outscoring Charleston 27-20.  First quarter made the difference (22-4 Charleston, with 4 threes).

Eagle Strong check DM for Lamar-Booneville girls score.

Littlejohnfan65

Boys

Danville 78
Lamar   74   OT

Trusty 38
McCarly 22

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on January 20, 2015, 09:56:38 pm
Boys

Danville 78
Lamar   74   OT

Trusty 38
McCarly 22

So...has anyone held Trusty under 30 this year?? Also, good win.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 20, 2015, 10:07:20 pm
Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on January 20, 2015, 09:56:38 pm
Boys

Danville 78
Lamar   74   OT

Trusty 38
McCarly 22

So...has anyone held Trusty under 30 this year?? Also, good win.

We held him to 21. That said he only played 2 1/2 quarters.  Danville got out big and they sat him a while.  They were up 30 in the 3rd and we made a run at them to get it to 16, and they put him back in then.

Littlejohnfan65

Trusty is averaging 35 ppg in conference play and 30 ppg overall.  He's scored 602 points in 20 games. And 211 in 6 conference games.  He now stands at 1927 total points for his career.

Longfellow

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on January 21, 2015, 10:10:38 pm
Anybody have an updated standing??

I'm on it. Charleston and Paris are tied at 5-1 with Charleston holding the tie-breaker from the head-to-head. Two Rivers is 4-2. Lamar and Danville are 3-3 with Danville holding the tie-breaker. Atkins is 1-5 and Booneville is 0-6.

WPWells

Charleston's streak was up to around 60 consecutive conference wins. I guess that had to end sometime

#EagleStrong

Despite all that, Lamar is technically still in fifth place since Danville holds the tie-breaker. I'll say it again, this conference is very, very strong.

#EagleStrong

Standings for boys and girls are up-to-date.

WPWells

#EagleStrong

January 21, 2015, 11:47:59 pm #97 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:58:18 pm by #EagleStrong
Danville at Charleston is the biggest conference game on Friday. Heavy lean towards Charleston. Unless Danville can find a way to win at Charleston, Lamar should take sole possession of fourth place barring an upset against Booneville. A win over Danville would also give Charleston a half-game lead over Paris, although the Tigers already hold the tie-breaker anyway. Two Rivers should dispatch Atkins fairly easily.

Meanwhile out of conference we'll have a bit of a litmus test for regionals as Paris travels to Lavaca. Golden Arrows currently somewhere around the top of the 1-West conference following West Fork's loss to Mansfield on Tuesday.

Longfellow

Tomorrow is an interesting game. Charleston coming off it's first loss in conference, will surely come out firing. And Danville, well if trusty is hitting and gets help around him, is dangerous. I say Ward goes for 35 and trusty goes for 41. I think Tigers by 10, but since it would help TR, I hope Danville gets the upset. Eww, I just said I wanted Danville to win, I can never return to Ola.

HorseFeathers

Atkins Girls Missing Games
December 19th L to Paris 49-40
January 13th W over Booneville 67-16

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas