• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Projections After Week 4

Started by NWA Hawg, September 23, 2018, 09:35:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

I realize it is early but here is my playoff bracket projection after 1 week of conference play. It will be interesting to see how it changes from week to week.

Bracket
W5 Prescott
BYE

3rd 4 Glen Rose
4th 2 Mountain View
================================
W3 Osceola
5th 5 Horatio

3rd 1 Lamar
3rd 2 Melbourne
=================================
W6 Rison
5th 3 Harrisburg

2nd 4 Atkins
5th 6 Lake Village
2nd 1 Mansfield
4th 4 Jessieville

2nd 2 Harding Academy
4th 1 Greenland

Bottom Bracket
W4 Mayflower
BYE

3rd 5 Camden Harmony Grove
4th 6 Barton
===============================
W1 Booneville
5th 4 Danville

3rd 3 Piggott
3rd 6 Palestine Wheatley
W2 Clinton
5th 1 Charleston

2nd 5 Smackover
5th 2 Yellville Summitt
==============================
2nd 3 Newport
4th 5 Centerpoint

2nd 6 McGehee
4th 3 Hoxie

Pastor_Hog

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next month. Where did you get the bracket?  The Arkansas Activities Association website has the 2017 version.

Proud Buckaroo

HG Hornet

The 3A-5 won't be decided until the final two weeks of the season when CHG plays both Smackover and Prescott back to back.  We can all speculate, but it won't become official until the games are played at that time.

WorkOrder

Bracket
W5 Prescott
BYE

3rd 4 Danville
4th 2 Yellville-Summit
W3 Osceola
5th 5 Fouke

3rd 1 Lamar
3rd 2 Melbourne
W6 Rison
5th 3 Hoxie

2nd 4 Mayflower
5th 6 Lake Village
2nd 1 Charleston
4th 4 Atkins

2nd 2 Harding Academy
4th 1 Mansfield

Bottom Bracket
W4 Glen Rose
BYE

4th 6 Barton
W1 Booneville
5th 4 Jessieville

3rd 3 Piggott
3rd 6 Palestine Wheatley
W2 Clinton
5th 1 Greenland

2nd 5 Smackover
5th 2 Cedar Ridge
2nd 3 Newport
4th 5 Centerpoint

2nd 6 McGehee
4th 3 Walnut Ridge

Smackover Fan

I don't know about other conferences, but Smackover, Prescott, and CHG can pretty much be plug and play until the end of the regular season.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 24, 2018, 10:13:40 am
I don't know about other conferences, but Smackover, Prescott, and CHG can pretty much be plug and play until the end of the regular season.
No disrespect to the Hornets, but I believe 1/2 will be determined Oct 5th.

HG Hornet

September 24, 2018, 10:29:50 am #7 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:37:27 am by CHG Hornet
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on September 24, 2018, 10:27:15 am
No disrespect to the Hornets, but I believe 1/2 will be determined Oct 5th.
None taken.  We'll see how it turns out.  Prescott & Smackover are both rockin' & rollin' and the Hornets are 3-1 with a 2 point loss to Junction City, a close win over an emotional Bearden team, and a close come from behind win at Fordyce, and a mercy rule game over Bismarck.  If CHG played Junction without their #10, there's no way they score 52 points to beat us and we would all be 4-0 right now, but that's why they play the games.  There are lots of factors that could determine the outcomes of future games so we're all entitled to our opinions.  I wish that the schedules had been shuffled different for us, though.  Ending the regular season with the CWolves & Bucks will be a tough task.       

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 24, 2018, 10:29:50 am
None taken.  We'll see how it turns out.  Prescott & Smackover are both rockin' & rollin' and the Hornets are 3-1 with a 2 point loss to Junction City, a close win over an emotional Bearden team, and a close come from behind win at Fordyce, and a mercy rule game over Bismarck.  If CHG played Junction without their #10, there's no way they score 52 points to beat us and we would all be 4-0 right now, but that's why they play the games.  There are lots of factors that could determine the outcomes of future games so we're all entitled to our opinions.  I wish that the schedules had been shuffled different for us, though.  Ending the regular season with the CWolves & Bucks will be a tough task.       
When Gurdon beats Bearden at Bearden that's what done it for me.  I'm sure if the Curley Wolves get by the Bucks your guys place will be rocking when the P rolls into town.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on September 24, 2018, 11:02:28 am
When Gurdon beats Bearden at Bearden that's what done it for me.  I'm sure if the Curley Wolves get by the Bucks your guys place will be rocking when the P rolls into town.
I don't want to knock the Bearden kids at all because they played a hard fought game at our place.  They went for 4th downs and tried all sorts of tricky stuff and were ahead of us 14-8 at one time, but the Hornets finally got it together and scored twice to finish them off.  I'll wager that that will be the Bears' best game all year against a better opponent.

We have not done well against Prescott, historically.  My son was a sophomore in 2015 when we went to your place and got a win by running the ball and creating turnovers.  We'll see how it plays out.     

KOJACK

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 24, 2018, 01:04:55 pm
I don't want to knock the Bearden kids at all because they played a hard fought game at our place.  They went for 4th downs and tried all sorts of tricky stuff and were ahead of us 14-8 at one time, but the Hornets finally got it together and scored twice to finish them off.  I'll wager that that will be the Bears' best game all year against a better opponent.

We have not done well against Prescott, historically.  My son was a sophomore in 2015 when we went to your place and got a win by running the ball and creating turnovers.  We'll see how it plays out.     
That is the only year y'all have beaten us in a long time...maybe ever

HG Hornet

Quote from: KOJACK on September 24, 2018, 01:13:38 pm
That is the only year y'all have beaten us in a long time...maybe ever
You are right.  My wife and I went and got a big ole Hardee burger and were the only CHG people in the place that afternoon.........then we surprised everyone and beat ya.  Didn't work out so well last year..........the game I mean.  The Hardee burger was good.  :)

CoolBreeze

September 24, 2018, 02:48:39 pm #12 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:57:20 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: fann07 on September 23, 2018, 09:35:45 pm
I realize it is early but here is my playoff bracket projection after 1 week of conference play. It will be interesting to see how it changes from week to week.

Bracket
W5 Prescott
BYE

3rd 4 Glen Rose
4th 2 Mountain View
W3 Osceola
5th 5 Horatio

3rd 1 Lamar
3rd 2 Melbourne
W6 Rison
5th 3 Harrisburg

2nd 4 Atkins
5th 6 Lake Village
2nd 1 Mansfield
4th 4 Jessieville

2nd 2 Harding Academy
4th 1 Greenland

Bottom Bracket
W4 Mayflower
BYE

4th 6 Barton
W1 Booneville
5th 4 Danville

3rd 3 Piggott
3rd 6 Palestine Wheatley
W2 Clinton
5th 1 Charleston

2nd 5 Smackover
5th 2 Yellville Summitt
2nd 3 Newport
4th 5 Centerpoint

2nd 6 McGehee
4th 3 Hoxie

Predictions for 2-3A are spot on, but some of the others seem a bit questionable. Mansfield 2nd in the 1-3A and Charleston 5th seems pretty far out there, maybe based on wishful thinking. Yes, Mansfield is 4-0. but they haven't beaten anybody yet. I also don't see Osceola beating out Newport in the 3-3A. And I had to chuckle when I saw Glen Rose picked to finish third.

DeeGee

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 24, 2018, 07:01:49 am
The 3A-5 won't be decided until the final two weeks of the season when CHG plays both Smackover and Prescott back to back.  We can all speculate, but it won't become official until the games are played at that time.

I totally agree! Those games are gonna make and break some teams. In my honest opinion, Prescott wins the conference title. It's early and I might be wrong but right now that's my prediction,  that may change as the season progresses.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 24, 2018, 08:55:42 pm
I totally agree! Those games are gonna make and break some teams. In my honest opinion, Prescott wins the conference title. It's early and I might be wrong but right now that's my prediction,  that may change as the season progresses.

Winner next Friday at Prescott just decides who CHG plays for the conference title more than likely. They have Smackover and Prescott back to back too. That'll matter. Nevermind too early.

ISU7

HG Hornet

How are home teams decided?  Is it the way the bracket is set or is it by higher seeds?

young_gun

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 26, 2018, 06:39:12 am
How are home teams decided?  Is it the way the bracket is set or is it by higher seeds?

It goes by the higher seed unless two teams are ranked the same then it goes by who's on top of the bracket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas