• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ EPC

Started by Donnie Jamon, November 19, 2011, 10:04:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who y'all got..

EPC
44 (53%)
Bearden
39 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Donnie Jamon

;D  You know who i got.. 

Classof91

EPC has played no great talent this year to prove they are deserving of their ranking.  McCrory, Salem, Des Arc are not 2011 elite teams.  This looks a lot like McCrory vs. Bearden, both were undefeated and Bearden mercy ruled them. 

They may be very good, but I'm just saying they haven't played anyone that would prove that yet.  They can show themselves this Friday against a Bears team that is clicking quite well late in the season and with Lowe back, the Bears are playing like they have something to prove.  Its gonna be a good game, but I think Bearden gets the win.

Donnie Jamon

hey sir, there are only 8 teams left and EPC and McCrory are two of them..  don't start with we haven't played any1..  McCrory just man handled a big and strong team in Hazen..   

EPC may lose..  I don't think they will but from now on it is no easy game for anyone.. 

T.Williams55

bdubyab60

EPC has crushed that not so great talent to. they have done what they are supposed to do and that is beat who is put in front of them. this should be a heck of a game and i am looking forward to it. Not gonna predict a score but Ill take EPC. Speed kills and they have a bunch of it.

Classof91

November 19, 2011, 10:27:37 am #5 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:29:15 am by Classof91
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 19, 2011, 10:16:32 am
hey sir, there are only 8 teams left and EPC and McCrory are two of them..  don't start with we haven't played any1..  McCrory just man handled a big and strong team in Hazen..   

EPC may lose..  I don't think they will but from now on it is no easy game for anyone..

EPC is a good team, but they haven't played an elite 2A team this season have they?  Who would it be?  That's all I was saying.  EPC may be the best team in 2A this year, but you just can't point to it with any of the wins they have.  They haven't played anyone in the top tier.  The Bears know they are going up against a very good team and they will prepare for the best.  EPC should do likewise. 

Nemesis

Elite 8...this the playoffs.  Anything can happen with any game now.  Take care of business and capitalize on mistakes.  Teams that do that move on.  It's gonna be a good game.

Classof91

Your right.  EPC is a very good team and the final 8 are there for a reason.  Its always exciting to see different teams go against each other.  No doubt it will be an exciting and game.   :)

cuz

EPC seems to be more of a finesse team. Bearden will hit, and hit and hit then hit you again and when they ain't hitting you, they will finisse you. Bearden will take this one. They are focused and playing with 110 percent effort for four quarters. Should be a great game.........

Donnie Jamon

epc will hit you and hit you hard cuz..  bearden's big boy in the middle will wear you out.. i do know that..   which one got suspended?? 

Accessories:)

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 19, 2011, 12:30:40 pm
epc will hit you and hit you hard cuz..  bearden's big boy in the middle will wear you out.. i do know that..   which one got suspended??

75 is OUT!!!

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: Accessories:) on November 19, 2011, 01:47:54 pm

75 is OUT!!!

dang that kid is a beast

cuz

DJ ain't the boys on the line you have to worry about, they do their job, but Bearden secondary will hurt you. Defonta Lowe is a D-1 defensive player and he's got 2-3 DB that are just under him. Like I said earlier should be a great game. Good thing about this is BBNET will record this and post it on their sight......Play hard but play safe......

bdubyab60

EPC may finess on offense but they still bring the leaather at the end of those runs and they bring the hat on defense to. Last night on the big rund by Darius there were 5 maybe 6 kids from Des Arc laying on their backd from huge hits.

Donnie Jamon

oh bdubyab60, they better keep that head up trying to catch our guys or they will be decleated.. 

i hope all get to make it to Lepanto and with a safe trip..  it will be back on the radio and upstream on the internet for those that can't make the travel.. 

the upstream is  www.1039thegame.com   they do a good job and based in jonesboro..  sports talk all day and when you get close enough you can listen to the pregame around 4:00-6:00..  103.9 is the radio station.. 

highstrung

playmaker04

gmac

EPC will take Bearden to the WOODSHED!!!

Bearden_Bear72

I understand that EPC has been taking everybody to the cleaners one after another.  They look like a team that could go all the way.  I believe this game will ether make em or break em.  Looking at their schedule I dont believe they have played any true competition.  Or a team that can play on the same talent level as them.  Bearden has that talent, besides a lineman that will be absent I believe bearden is at full strength and ready to keep going.  We have had a tough play off trail playing a Good Hackett team and a challenging Mt. Ida squad.  EPC has home field and that is a very long ride for the Bears.  I think it will all come down to experience and Im going with my town Bearden in a very good, close game.  '

Bearden 36

Epc 35

cuz

November 19, 2011, 07:42:35 pm #19 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:47:03 pm by cuz
One advantage noted is this. EPC hasn't played a team of equal caliber, by that I mean, speed and depth. JC would match them all around. Bearden played us hard and even though they lost it could of just as easily gone the other way.Second advantage, correct me if I'm wrong DJ, EPC starters haven't played a whole game yet. Beardens have, against JC and when Mr. Lowe was injured. So they match up pretty equal in talent, speed and depth so these two points make me give the edge to Bearden.One other point to consider is this, Defonta started as a freshman at QB
giving Bearden a small edge in experience in the QB position...........

monster_island

cuz,

Mt. Ida had a player that started as a freshmen 4 years ago. It didn't seem to help us much Friday.

cuz

Quote from: monster_island on November 19, 2011, 08:27:27 pm
cuz,

Mt. Ida had a player that started as a freshmen 4 years ago. It didn't seem to help us much Friday.
Not to offend,MI, but Mr. Lowe ain't just your average 4 year player........... :D,

monster_island

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2011, 08:32:02 pm
cuz,

Not to offend,MI, but Mr. Lowe ain't just your average 4 year player........... :D,

No offense taken. Just pointing out that what happened four years ago doesn't compare to growth, both physically and mentally, that these young men go through in last two years. Some times we forget just how young they are.

cuz

Quote from: monster_island on November 19, 2011, 08:37:57 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2011, 08:32:02 pm
cuz,

No offense taken. Just pointing out that what happened four years ago doesn't compare to growth, both physically and mentally, that these young men go through in last two years. Some times we forget just how young they are.
Great point, MI, agree with you whole heartily, good post.........

mcnewfamily

well i as in bearden for the hackett game and bearden looked horrible. they play like that agaist epc and they will get pile drived. they were no where in epc's class. that night. lowe didn't play either and for d1 players well epc has aj and he is all of that and then some. he's going too get his and light bj up.bearden better find the 09 team if they going to win this one and learn how not to fumble.

cuz

Quote from: mcnewfamily on November 19, 2011, 10:32:33 pm
well i as in bearden for the hackett game and bearden looked horrible. they play like that agaist epc and they will get pile drived. they were no where in epc's class. that night. lowe didn't play either and for d1 players well epc has aj and he is all of that and then some. he's going too get his and light bj up.bearden better find the 09 team if they going to win this one and learn how not to fumble.
You watched one game and you come to the conclusion Bearden's no good. Well the same conclusion could be said about McCrory for the way they played Hazen earlier in the year. They had a off night, and didn't play with a key player. Well Mr. Lowe is back his team is focused and they are playing Bear Ball. They have the talent, the speed and depth. I wouldn't be so quick to draw conclusions on the Bears after watching one game.......... ;)

bdubyab60

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2011, 07:42:35 pm
One advantage noted is this. EPC hasn't played a team of equal caliber, by that I mean, speed and depth. JC would match them all around. Bearden played us hard and even though they lost it could of just as easily gone the other way.Second advantage, correct me if I'm wrong DJ, EPC starters haven't played a whole game yet. Beardens have, against JC and when Mr. Lowe was injured. So they match up pretty equal in talent, speed and depth so these two points make me give the edge to Bearden.One other point to consider is this, Defonta started as a freshman at QB
Starters played the whole game against Des Arc. Des Arc had a good game plan and executed it pretty well in the first half. you could tell though that they didnt match up. EPC had a couple drives killed with penalties and turnovers and a touchdown called back. This team did go to the second round last year and took carlisle to OT dropping the conversion that could have won that game. After that first half this week they could have gotten frustrated or down but they didnt and came out the second half and took control. EPC is not a one man team I think this is 4 straight weeks now that we have had multiple 100 yard rushers. You cant just sit on Darius or Aj there are way more weapons on this team. Im not saying they cant be beat but that it will be a tall task for anybody.

Classof91

I think the Bears will win, but regardless of that, I know they will be the toughest test EPC has faced this season.  I know we have to bring it ourselves though or we'll be going home with another L.  Hopefully that won't happen!  Good luck to both teams and praying for no serious injuries!

T.Williams55

Yea but is mr lowe able to do all that twisting ,turning and juking at 100%  still feel like epc takes this one by atleast 16 and if the starters come out at half i say they win by 32 lol

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2011, 10:50:59 pm
Starters played the whole game against Des Arc. Des Arc had a good game plan and executed it pretty well in the first half. you could tell though that they didnt match up. EPC had a couple drives killed with penalties and turnovers and a touchdown called back. This team did go to the second round last year and took carlisle to OT dropping the conversion that could have won that game. After that first half this week they could have gotten frustrated or down but they didnt and came out the second half and took control. EPC is not a one man team I think this is 4 straight weeks now that we have had multiple 100 yard rushers. You cant just sit on Darius or Aj there are way more weapons on this team. Im not saying they cant be beat but that it will be a tall task for anybody.
Which I must say it was our freshman RB that ran in the game winning touchdown against EPC. :) HE IS BACK!!! lol good luck to both teams.. EPC seems to be rolling... but Bearden is battle tested... I'm gonna go with Bearden on this one.

muleshoe_forever

EPC by 17.  I believe this is the year we could see a NEAR team make it all the way.

mcnewfamily

no one said bearden wasn't good said they looked horrible that night. they were 10 turnovers in the 3rd and 4 qt alone and hackett wasn't hitting them in the mouth. either way it goes lowe or turner will have bragging rights over the other next year as they play for the hogs. in 2a on player is a big diffrence. gl to both but epc takes this one.epc too fast and too deep.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on November 20, 2011, 03:57:30 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2011, 10:50:59 pm
Which I must say it was our freshman RB that ran in the game winning touchdown against EPC. :) HE IS BACK!!! lol good luck to both teams.. EPC seems to be rolling... but Bearden is battle tested... I'm gonna go with Bearden on this one.
Im hopin for a rematch EPC is a much better team than last year no doubt. they can run and they can throw it when needed and thats when we started movin the ball last year in that game. Lets see if we can get this rematch but both have to take care of business this week. By the way we have everyone back from that game except for one senior running back and plus some more have stepped up ill take a team over a single player any day.

Centerbears

Bearden proved they can win games without Lowe yes he is good but not the team bj Ross has been playing awesome the past few weeks it will be a hard game for both teams!! Don't judge players by their size because some of our smaller guys will surprise you!!!

T.Williams55

3-2A rolls on to round 4 after this week. Come on epc get er done. Let em all know 3-2A has finally awaken

HogWildBison2011

Crunching some numbers!!
EPC is scoring on average 51.7 points per game. And allowing 10.4 points a game.

Bearden is scoring on average 35.5 points per game. And allowing 8.4 points per game.

I'm thinking Bearden might show up with more defense then EPC is used to! But Good luck to both teams!!!

BigBrother

yall just dont understand the level of intensity that bears play with. thier offense with lowe is good but defensively is where they shine. a lot like jc on defense no superstars(with the exception of lowe) and average looking kids but when 3 or 4 of them hit you at once it seems like they are playing with 13. if youre starters are out at half it may be because yall cant get em to go go back on the field. bearden by 14.

big E

The best Defence EPC has seen all year,and the best Qb this one is going down to the wire.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BigBrother on November 21, 2011, 05:45:56 am
yall just dont understand the level of intensity that bears play with. thier offense with lowe is good but defensively is where they shine. a lot like jc on defense no superstars(with the exception of lowe) and average looking kids but when 3 or 4 of them hit you at once it seems like they are playing with 13. if youre starters are out at half it may be because yall cant get em to go go back on the field. bearden by 14.
We have seen plenty of gang tackling this year. Im not gonna talk down anyone but EPC brings the hat on D to. And on onffense they have at least 8 kids that are capable of putting up big numbers and taking it to the house at any given time. you might gang tackle a few plays  but its hard to do that every play with the type of atheltes EPC has. Im not saying ?EPC cant be beat but it will be tough for Bearden to stop all the weapons that EPC has. And everyone we have played this year has been intense on defense trying to knock them off so I dont think Bearden will play any harder than EPC and vice versa. I expect a dog fight to the end from both teams.

abercrombie_balla

I am leaving my house at 9:00, gonna watch the Arkansas & LSU game somewhere in West Memphis or somewhere close to Lepanto, does anyone have any ideas??

bdubyab60

The Applebees in West Memphis will have the game on probably. Also there is a sports bar call Frogs just off Missouri street turn right off of Missouri by the McD's and its on the left pat Bonanza. There is also a Coltons in Marion just up the road that will probably carry the game as well. its easy to see the Applbees and the Coltons from the road.

abercrombie_balla

Ok, I saw Applebees on GoogleMaps, its just rigt off the service road! I saw Colton's as well! I dunno where im gonna go now! haha

cuz

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2011, 07:21:19 am
Quote from: BigBrother on November 21, 2011, 05:45:56 am
We have seen plenty of gang tackling this year. Im not gonna talk down anyone but EPC brings the hat on D to. And on onffense they have at least 8 kids that are capable of putting up big numbers and taking it to the house at any given time. you might gang tackle a few plays  but its hard to do that every play with the type of atheltes EPC has. Im not saying ?EPC cant be beat but it will be tough for Bearden to stop all the weapons that EPC has. And everyone we have played this year has been intense on defense trying to knock them off so I dont think Bearden will play any harder than EPC and vice versa. I expect a dog fight to the end from both teams.
It's obvious you haven't ever seen Bearden play ball. It's also a lot different playing a defence that plays intense and one that is intense. Do a little research and you'll see just how good Bearden is on D. Also Bearden has the talent to win without Mr. Lowe, but he is the nucleus of the team. Look at the Hackett game, for sure a off night for the bears with a lot of turnovers, but they didn't quit but adapted and overcome a good football team.I've watched Bears play several games through the years and two this season and all of EPC hype is just fuel on the fire making the Bears more focused........ ;)

abercrombie_balla

I couldnt agree more CUZ, I was told by a starter on Defense for the Bears that the 51 point per game that EPC averages isnt happening Friday night! The LB's from Bearden will be in BEAST MODE! I PROMISE!

Donnie Jamon

they might not get in the 50's or 30's..  just as long as we pull away with a win.. you don't make it this far with weak defenses.. 

bbg123

EPC has played one good defense in McCrory and one mediocre defense in Des Arc. EPC scored 35 and 34 points in those games. They can score points, but they havent been challenged by a legitimate defense yet. I think Bearden brings that to the table. This will be the typical classic game of sound Defense vs. high powered Offense. Usually, usually, the defense almost always get in the edge in high school on up to college and NFL. So, with all that said I'm going with Bearden in this one. Look for the team to reach high 20's win the game.

bdubyab60

That intensity can be broken by playmakers and Epc has plenty and I promise you EPC will be just as intense. And let's not forget that EPC has a solid defense as well. They fly to the ball and hit as hard as anyone so I think this intensity will cancel out and the playmakers on both teams will have to make plays to win. I don't EPC will score 50 but they wil score enough to win this game. Probably with a special teams play

Classof91

What do people think about this?

Parkers Chapel 33 vs Des Arc 12

EPC 35 vs Des Arc 6

Bearden 35 vs Parkers Chapel 0

To me, unless unknown circumstances were at play, Parkers Chapel and EPC performed against a common opponent about the same.  Bearden blanks Parkers Chapel at Parkers Chapel w/o Lowe. 

Donnie Jamon

if epc would not have been called for holding epc would have had 3 mo td's sir..  yeah they can call holding every play if they want..  it just happened to be for our td's.. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Classof91 on November 21, 2011, 11:08:12 am
What do people think about this?

Parkers Chapel 33 vs Des Arc 12

EPC 35 vs Des Arc 6

Bearden 35 vs Parkers Chapel 0

To me, unless unknown circumstances were at play, Parkers Chapel and EPC performed against a common opponent about the same.  Bearden blanks Parkers Chapel at Parkers Chapel w/o Lowe.
what do you think about this
Magazine 34 Salem 2
EPC 49 salem 7
Like opponent hardly ever works. EPC could have beaten Des arc by more bad penalties and a turnover killed to scoring drives. Plus Des arc didn't snap the ball until there was about 1 second left on the play clock the entire time they had the ball. And beating a PC team that on many of these boards was depleted by injuries means nothing. EPC is healthy and if Bearden comes in thinking this is gonna be easy you are mistaken. I promise you EPC is not taking Bearden lightly and will be ready Friday

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas