• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe HC Open

Started by WTD, December 05, 2018, 10:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 13, 2018, 10:25:36 pm #50 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:28:00 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: AirWarren on December 13, 2018, 09:18:59 pm
How many state titles has he won at Des Arc?

Zero, so why would Beebe want him? I mean if he cant win one in 2A why would he be able to in 5A? I know you always say that 2A is not real football, have to be at least 4A to be considered.

Are you trying to make my argument for me?

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 13, 2018, 10:25:36 pm
Zero, so why would Beebe want him? I mean if he cant win one in 2A why would he be able to in 5A? I know you always say that 2A is not real football, have to be at least 4A to be considered.

Are you trying to make my argument for me?

Nope. Just curious.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2018, 06:00:21 am
Nope. Just curious.

No state titles, but I think 2 conference titles, and played after Thanksgiving 3 of his 4 years.

OB11

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 13, 2018, 08:36:58 pm
As of Thursday evening, there have been 13 applications received and 1/3 of them are from out of state.  It's obvious that the Beebe job has some stature to it for a relatively high percentage of out of state applications.  It will be interesting not only how many more applications come in, but the percentage of out of state applications that are received.  We will continue to release the names of those applicants on the B2 Internet Radio news updates, who give us the okay for their name to be mentioned.

Which states are these out of state applicants from? I think there is merit to having some out of state interest when a job opens up. But I know in other places (Oklahoma specifically) the pay for coaches is very low. There has been a lot of out of state interest in jobs recently and I think a big part of that is an increase in pay over what a coach can make in other states. Unless a coach is moving closer to home, I don't see many guys taking a pay cut to come coach Arkansas high school football.

BlueCrew4U

So a buddy who is a coach told me yesterday that this job requires teaching a full load of classes. 
That seems strange for a bigger school job.  Anyone know if there's truth to that? 
I'm betting coaches at Warren, Shiloh, Arkadelphia, PA.... don't teach all day long.
I said that to say this.... that'll be a hard no from some of your better applicants.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 14, 2018, 08:58:02 am
So a buddy who is a coach told me yesterday that this job requires teaching a full load of classes. 
That seems strange for a bigger school job.  Anyone know if there's truth to that? 
I'm betting coaches at Warren, Shiloh, Arkadelphia, PA.... don't teach all day long.
I said that to say this.... that'll be a hard no from some of your better applicants.

ding ding ding! and there are also other stips that coaches don't like.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 13, 2018, 08:36:58 pm
As of Thursday evening, there have been 13 applications received and 1/3 of them are from out of state.  It's obvious that the Beebe job has some stature to it for a relatively high percentage of out of state applications.  It will be interesting not only how many more applications come in, but the percentage of out of state applications that are received.  We will continue to release the names of those applicants on the B2 Internet Radio news updates, who give us the okay for their name to be mentioned.

I think limited in-state applicants and number of out-of-state applicants speak to the issues of this job more than its "stature".

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 09:58:30 am
I think limited in-state applicants and number of out-of-state applicants speak to the issues of this job more than its "stature".

Riverview, a 4A job that just went 2-8, had 30 applicants.

That's incredible stature!

airitout

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on December 14, 2018, 11:04:25 am
Riverview, a 4A job that just went 2-8, had 30 applicants.

That's incredible stature!

so who did Riverview hire?

Rida4Life

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 09:58:30 am

Where are the out of state applicants from?  I've heard coaches want out of Oklahoma like rats off a sinking ship.

TrenchHogs

Shannon is only in the classroom for 3 classes. He has 3 football periods, a prep, and double lunch duty.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: TrenchHogs on December 14, 2018, 12:17:47 pm
Shannon is only in the classroom for 3 classes. He has 3 football periods, a prep, and double lunch duty.

Still a lot for a head coach in 5A. Something is going to play second banana.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 14, 2018, 12:14:31 pm
Where are the out of state applicants from?  I've heard coaches want out of Oklahoma like rats off a sinking ship.

Oklahoma education is a mess.  Have been several hires from Texas recently.  Some have gone well, some have been a mess like Monticello and Smackovers one-and-done guy.

I have not heard out-of-state names, only seen them mentioned here.

OB11

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 12:34:13 pm
Oklahoma education is a mess.  Have been several hires from Texas recently.  Some have gone well, some have been a mess like Monticello and Smackovers one-and-done guy.

I have not heard out-of-state names, only seen them mentioned here.

Is the Monticello job open?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: OB11 on December 14, 2018, 12:37:23 pm
Is the Monticello job open?

Not that I know of, just coming off 0-10 season with tons of drama.

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 14, 2018, 12:24:46 pm
Still a lot for a head coach in 5A. Something is going to play second banana.

Teaching three classes isn't the reason they struggle and does not preclude you from winning at that level.  That's a bit of a cop-out.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 14, 2018, 12:39:12 pm
Not that I know of, just coming off 0-10 season with tons of drama.

Teaching three classes isn't the reason they struggle and does not preclude you from winning at that level.  That's a bit of a cop-out.

Maybe not, but it is a factor in who is attracted to the job. It also indicates where football is on the pecking order.

beebefootballfan

December 14, 2018, 06:53:43 pm #66 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:56:23 pm by beebefootballfan

That's just 1 of about 4 requirements that will put a dent in the candidate pool once they learn what they have to give up, and what they have to take on.  $8k raise will get you a guy looking to get out of his current position and will do it at any cost. It likely won't get you a quality guy though.

sevenof400

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 14, 2018, 09:38:02 am

ding ding ding! and there are also other stips that coaches don't like.

Those pesky education demands can really crimp the 5 prep periods needed to see the forty sixth viewing of opponent film.....

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 14, 2018, 07:06:16 pm
Those pesky education demands can really crimp the 5 prep periods needed to see the forty sixth viewing of opponent film.....

Lol. Yup!

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 13, 2018, 03:27:56 pm

yes it is, but 50k with pretty much job security for as long as you want to coach is a WHOLE lot more than 58k for 4-6 years if you do not win a certain amount of games that are probably unrealistic at beebe.

beebe is not gonna win a conference title or a state title till p.a. and l.r.c. go away.

Doesn't an average of your highest three years' salary impact teacher retirement?  If so, a guy may want to take a chance on a higher paying job to get that bump. 

incogneto

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on December 15, 2018, 06:50:54 pm
Doesn't an average of your highest three years' salary impact teacher retirement?  If so, a guy may want to take a chance on a higher paying job to get that bump.
Changed to 5 years

Bondfan4ever

On Monday's news update, B2 Internet Radio will have a feature about another confirmed applicant for the position.  Hopefully, we will get more information as the week goes on.  For those unfamiliar with B2, our news updates air every weekday at 7 am, noon, and 5 pm and can be accessed either by going to www.b2internetradio.com or by downloading the app for either Apple or Android.  Thanks.

Sonofasonofasailor

nuttinbuthogs

From what I hear it's not unusual at all for candidates from nearby states to apply for jobs in Arkansas.  I think lots of Arkansas coaches apply for out of state jobs as well.  For a 5A school to want to get the best quality they need to look at how many classes you are asking you HC to teach along with any additional duties, that and pay.  Then you have the fact that Beebe plays with PA and LRC, make winning that conference hard to say the least.  How to overcome, give the HC a very attractive salary, easy daily schedule and great facilities and support.    Seems some schools think coaches should flock to their school because the people there love it and think its a great opportunity.  Coaches seem to be more selective than school administrators.   

VHSCoach2

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 17, 2018, 10:40:34 am
From what I hear it's not unusual at all for candidates from nearby states to apply for jobs in Arkansas.  I think lots of Arkansas coaches apply for out of state jobs as well.  For a 5A school to want to get the best quality they need to look at how many classes you are asking you HC to teach along with any additional duties, that and pay.  Then you have the fact that Beebe plays with PA and LRC, make winning that conference hard to say the least.  How to overcome, give the HC a very attractive salary, easy daily schedule and great facilities and support.    Seems some schools think coaches should flock to their school because the people there love it and think its a great opportunity.  Coaches seem to be more selective than school administrators.

Wish we could all have as easy of a schedule for the same amount of pay that head football coaches get.  ::)

LionX2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 17, 2018, 10:56:21 am
Wish we could all have as easy of a schedule for the same amount of pay that head football coaches get.  ::)

I'm sure they would love to go to a job that didn't have a bunch of old has-beens yelling at them for being an idiot and bragging about how they would do a better job every year.

That's why so many go to selling insurance

incogneto

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 17, 2018, 10:56:21 am
Sarcasm?

MDXPHD

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 17, 2018, 10:40:34 am

I'm slightly confused. We are talking about high school right?

Idindonuffin

December 18, 2018, 11:58:14 am #79 Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:00:55 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 18, 2018, 09:53:36 am
I'm slightly confused. We are talking about high school right?

So assuming you want to change things, who wants to go first? Who wants to say, we're not playing this game anymore. The head coach is going to teach several classes and coach in his spare time on a stipend. I can see the applicants lining up now.

incogneto

Quote from: IMSwarmed on December 18, 2018, 11:58:14 am
So assuming you want to change things, who wants to go first? Who wants to say, we're not playing this game anymore. The head coach is going to teach several classes and coach in his spare time on a stipend. I can see the applicants lining up now.
Hahahaha

Bondfan4ever

Just in the past few days, the number of applicants has doubled as there are now 27 who have applied for the position.  Several more out of state applicants, along with some strong in state applicants have applied.  As we get confirmations on candidates for the job, B2 Internet Radio will update our listeners on this list. 

doggieskoot2

If I were a coach, I sure wouldn't want to apply to a job that blasts my name on the internet just for applying.  I would want it to stay discrete.   At least until the interview process.

airitout

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on December 19, 2018, 09:23:44 am
If I were a coach, I sure wouldn't want to apply to a job that blasts my name on the internet just for applying.  I would want it to stay discrete.   At least until the interview process.

so you want to blind side the employer who has been treating you the best they can for the last how many years?  hopefully you have a great relationship with them and they understand that you are bettering yourself.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on December 19, 2018, 09:23:44 am

The only coaches whose names have been mentioned have given permission for their names to be reported.

doggieskoot2

Backlash from a fan base would be the problem.   Administration usually understands.  Don't ever want your girlfriend to know you are looking to upgrade.

Bondfan4ever

On Thursday's news update, B2 Internet Radio will confirm another applicant for the position of Head Football Coach.  For those interested, you can listen to our news update, which airs every weekday at 7 am, noon, and 5 pm, at www.b2internetradio.com or you can download the app for Apple or Android.  Thanks.

Bondfan4ever

For those who might wonder, the only names that you'll hear on our news updates, are those who have given us permission to mention their name.  Not all the applicants have given us permission, and that's okay.  We will respect the wishes of the coaches who ask that their names not be mentioned.  B2 Internet Radio strives to bring our listeners timely information, but we will not sacrifice integrity just to get a "hot news story". 

Kraig Crist

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 19, 2018, 10:07:16 pm
For those who might wonder, the only names that you'll hear on our news updates, are those who have given us permission to mention their name.  Not all the applicants have given us permission, and that's okay.  We will respect the wishes of the coaches who ask that their names not be mentioned.  B2 Internet Radio strives to bring our listeners timely information, but we will not sacrifice integrity just to get a "hot news story".

When I think BeeBe, Arkansas, I immediately think hot news story.

airitout

When do they plan on starting interviews, or have they started interviews?

doggieskoot2

someone listen to the webcast and put some names on here.

Bondfan4ever

December 20, 2018, 10:17:53 pm #91 Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:40:17 pm by Bondfan4ever
On Friday's news update on B2 Internet Radio(7 am/noon/5 pm), we will confirm 3 more names who have applied for the position of Head Football Coach and will also confirm some information concerning applications and when interviews will start.  For those interested, you can access the station by going to www.b2internetradio.com or you can download the app for either Apple or Android.  Thanks.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 20, 2018, 10:17:53 pm
On Friday's news update on B2 Internet Radio(7 am/noon/5 pm), we will confirm 3 more names who have applied for the position of Head Football Coach and will also confirm some information concerning applications and when interviews will start.  For those interested, you can access the station by going to www.b2internetradio.com or you can download the app for either Apple or Android.  Thanks.
Orrrrrrrrrr you could just tell us.

airitout

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 20, 2018, 10:17:53 pm

if you miss the update times, is there a way to hear a replay?

MDXPHD

Why don't y'all just post the names on here? If you're putting it on the radio, might as well put it on here.

AirWarren

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2018, 10:27:40 am
Why don't y'all just post the names on here? If you're putting it on the radio, might as well put it on here.

Lol. Because he is trying to get hits on that "hot" podcast there in BB, Arkansaw.

He is acting like this is Alabama naming a new head coach. It's freakin BB.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on December 21, 2018, 10:32:07 am
Lol. Because he is trying to get hits on that “hot” podcast there in BB, Arkansaw.

He is acting like this is Alabama naming a new head coach. It’s freakin BB.
Bazinga

VHSCoach2

Does it really bother you all that much that the names aren't being posted on this forum? My goodness. Listening to the radio station being presented here is no different than the stations that you listen to in your morning and evening commutes.

If you're really that interested, it makes very minimal effort to click a link and listen to the names.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 12:23:19 pm
Does it really bother you all that much that the names aren't being posted on this forum? My goodness. Listening to the radio station being presented here is no different than the stations that you listen to in your morning and evening commutes.

If you're really that interested, it makes very minimal effort to click a link and listen to the names.

I support FF.

NOT transistor rural radio/podcasts.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 12:23:19 pm

Are we in trouble?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas