• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren Open

Started by AT, April 05, 2018, 08:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

humphd2

VB added Coach Chick from Greenwood as DC.  They are loading up.  That's 3 new coaches.

beach bum

Quote from: humphd2 on April 20, 2018, 05:34:18 pm
VB added Coach Chick from Greenwood as DC.  They are loading up.  That's 3 new coaches.

Should they go ahead and order the rings for next season?

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on April 20, 2018, 05:50:16 pm
Should they go ahead and order the rings for next season?

Onion rings?

humphd2

Haters that are especially upset.....I LOVE IT!  :D

jking7

April 20, 2018, 11:57:33 pm #54 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:59:07 pm by jking7
Casey Dick's first two hires are great. Definitely a good start for him in VB... Of course it does not mean instant success especially with our struggles the past two decades but it's a good first step. Personally I'm so glad he's bringing in his own guys hopefully he brings in a few more.

Bayou Bully

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 19, 2018, 06:41:08 pm

VB has had some talent. Their junior high has been great the past few years.

Great?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 19, 2018, 06:41:08 pm
Good hire in terms of excitement level. Not sure of what Coach Dick does in terms of offense and I guess no one knows his head coaching philosophy.

VB has had some talent. Their junior high has been great the past few years.
We've talked about this a lot around the office.  In jr high Van Buren plays Chaffin, Ramsey, Kimmons, Darby, alma, greenwood.  Not Bentonville or B-West, Harber, Rogers, or Fayetteville.

RZback

Good that they are getting some coaches in.  I'm curious if this guarantees success?

Cabotfan

Baitshop

Quote from: humphd2 on April 20, 2018, 05:34:18 pm
VB added Coach Chick from Greenwood as DC.  They are loading up.  That’s 3 new coaches.

Just curious, why would Chick leave CRJ and the UofG to take a lateral move to a school that has struggled as much as VB has in the past 15 years?? Wouldn't he ride all of that success at GW to a head coaching job somewhere else??

Cabotfan

Quote from: Baitshop on April 23, 2018, 01:15:30 pm
Just curious, why would Chick leave CRJ and the UofG to take a lateral move to a school that has struggled as much as VB has in the past 15 years?? Wouldn't he ride all of that success at GW to a head coaching job somewhere else??

Trouble in paradise?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas