• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, November 23, 2013, 07:43:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Tied up!  A little over a minute left

zebrafan

RATTLER43

DogsWin7

PB has the ball.  2nd and 10.   

42 seconds left

CJ7

Pine Bluff deserves to win. Sorry Bulldog faithful, but the are the better team today.

zebrafan

DogsWin7

Clock running.  8 seconds left.

At the GW 30.    Time for a field goal.

DogsWin7

43 yard field goal attempt.

2 sec left.

DogsWin7

RATTLER43

Dogs78

Well...it was a fun ride!! Get ready for next year. Still love my bulldogs!! Great game.

zebradynasty

YES! YES! I told you! I told you! The Z's win! Good run GW!

Who would have thought that PB wins a game on 40+ yard field goal! :o

WHO ME?

Congrats Pine Bluff great win for your program

The streak ends. But it still as I have said. The state championship still runs through Title town   
  Great season dogs.

Smithian

DogsWin7

The Zebras scored off of 2 pick 6's.

It was a good game.    I of course wanted Greenwood to win but it has been a unbelievable year for them.  They have a 50 game winning streak.   Not many programs can say that. 

cuckoobird

Well well. Glad we can end the talk of the most dominate team ever. I dont think barton will ever fall from grace

Baitshop

Congrats to Pine Bluff...

And congrats to the players and coaches at Greenwood....what a great streak..!!

7AFBFAN

Two great programs, someone had to win and lose. Congrats to both teams for their accomplishments.

spongebob

Man of Steel

All the universe is right.  The mighty bulldogs struck out tonight. Sleep tight everyone.  All is well.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Smithian on November 29, 2013, 09:30:53 pm
Hahahahahahaha

See?!?!    Where's the congratulations to The Zebras?  Or the Congratulations to GW on a 50 game winning streak?

7AFBFAN

We will probably never see another 50 game streak in Arkansas football in our lifetimes. Congrats to GW on accomplishing an unbelievable feat.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 29, 2013, 09:29:25 pm
YES! YES! I told you! I told you! The Z's win! Good run GW!

Who would have thought that PB wins a game on 40+ yard field goal! :o

If they had had a kicker in 2001, Bentonville would have lost in the first round. You guys had to go for 2 every time!

TrueBlue

Congrats Pine Bluff on a great win tonight and to the Bulldogs on putting up a good fight. The sad thing about a streak is that it has to end someday, but the bright side of this is there isn't the pressure to keep it going.

On a side note; Future if your prediction's right and we're both still in town, I'll buy the drinks lol.

fnu lnu

Whatta game.  Both teams competing for 48 minutes.  Very good coaching decisions on both sidelines.  It looked like a chess match.  Officiating was a non-factor and it was a great high school atmosphere.  Kudos to both kickers for making pressure packed field goals.  Congrats to both teams and to Pine Bluff for advancing through a very challenging night.  Those sophs aren't sophs anymore. 

7AFBFAN

Quote from: fnu lnu on November 29, 2013, 10:08:33 pm
Whatta game.  Both teams competing for 48 minutes.  Very good coaching decisions on both sidelines.  It looked like a chess match.  Officiating was a non-factor and it was a great high school atmosphere.  Kudos to both kickers for making pressure packed field goals.  Congrats to both teams and to Pine Bluff for advancing through a very challenging night.  Those sophs aren't sophs anymore.

Did you notice the non catch for a touchdown at the end of the first half? Not a factor but they did give one team 7 points.

DogsWin7

7AFBFAN

I understand. Did you see the replay though? The kid never had the ball, not before he hit the ground, and not after he hit the ground. I don't know for sure but seems like you have to have possession of the ball at least some for a completion.

TSW

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 29, 2013, 10:31:01 pm
Quote from: fnu lnu on November 29, 2013, 10:08:33 pm
[/quote

Did you notice the non catch for a touchdown at the end of the first half? Not a factor but they did give one team 7 points.

It looked like a dropped ball on line  , one of the few plays they didn't show a instant replay on line,  maybe there was a reason?

The Future

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 29, 2013, 09:31:43 pm
Well well. Glad we can end the talk of the most dominate team ever. I dont think barton will ever fall from grace

And I betcha the Pine Bluff Dollarway team and fans were crapping themselves haha. It was just like the 72 Miami Dolphins crapping themselves when the Pats were close to their perfect season lol

TSW

Quote from: FeartheZebra on November 25, 2013, 09:37:39 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 25, 2013, 09:13:35 am
Is 17 a blowout in this case?
Cause that's my pick. Greenwood by 17.

I bet you PB folks deep down think if you were on the other side of the bracket you'd be a shoo in to make it to LR huh? ;D

It's funny because you are only excited to "make" it to Little Rock. We both know what will happen once/if you get there. And as far as this game goes... we have to not blow our own feet off with stupid play calls and mistakes. Considering we are being coached by Bolding and he can't seem to beat a good coach. I don't see that happening. But hey "miracles" happen everyday.

Your miracle happened   you can get off bolding back now. Congrats to pb

The Zebra Successor

November 29, 2013, 11:26:03 pm #131 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:27:34 pm by The Zebra Successor
I told yal PB wins with a game winning field goal from the best kicker in the state. Who also plays for PB. I predict that last Sunday

xtremewildcat

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 29, 2013, 11:26:03 pm
I told yal PB wins with a game winning field goal from the best kicker in the state. Who also plays for PB. I predict that last Sunday

You sure did. Wanna bet some games sunday?

B unit

I feel for the seniors on the team. I can still remember the back to back losses my sophomore year and how much that hurt but I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. Great group of men. Glad I have the privilege to call most of them life long friends. Good luck to eldo and pb in state next week

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 24, 2013, 04:13:25 pm
Pine Bluff wins this one 35 to 31.  GW hasn't seen a team as physical at the POA.  The closest is Conway and GW was pushed around a bit there.  As long as PB doesn't turn the ball over PB pulls the upset. :)
I was one point off. 

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: Baitshop on November 24, 2013, 08:52:12 pm
Pine Bluff wins this one 35 to 31.  GW hasn't seen a team as physical at the POA.  The closest is Conway and GW was pushed around a bit there.  As long as PB doesn't turn the ball over PB pulls the upset. :) 

Pine Bluff WILL NOT push Greenwood's OL around...book it
Pine Bluff's DL treated Greenwood's OL like it was a 2A school for the record.  78 and 79 played as many snaps in Greenwood's backfield as #4 did. 

Baitshop

Don't get ahead of yourself, hotrod...

They hung 34 points on that "dominating" DL of yours...and you won by 3 in the last two seconds of the game....

Pr8hd

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 30, 2013, 01:03:50 am
Quote from: Baitshop on November 24, 2013, 08:52:12 pm

Pine Bluff WILL NOT push Greenwood's OL around...book it
Pine Bluff's DL treated Greenwood's OL like it was a 2A school for the record.  78 and 79 played as many snaps in Greenwood's backfield as #4 did. 

Bottom line was our mistakes and turnovers resulted in direct points (2  pick six td's) while yours did not...that was the biggest difference in the ball game.

xtremewildcat

November 30, 2013, 07:09:24 am #138 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:16:44 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2013, 01:21:40 am

They hung 34 points on that "dominating" DL of yours...and you won by 3 in the last two seconds of the game....

From what I see. SS, GW, PB, and ED, are very close and we all could beat the other on a given night. Problem Bait, you guys are in 7A. Y'all are gonna have to figure out how to compete with the top dogs in your classification.

What's good for us and PB, we are young and the future is bright.
Unless y'all do something, your light will continue to fade.

the_kosher_pig

No, you hung 34 on what was not the DL but the entire defense.  If you didn't see the PB defense line completely tear through the Greenwood OL then you didn't watch the game. 

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 30, 2013, 08:27:43 am

No, you hung 34 on what was not the DL but the entire defense.  If you didn't see the PB defense line completely tear through the Greenwood OL then you didn't watch the game.
I saw both d-lines make good plays but it is still a team effort. I comes down to control of the ball and any team that gives up 2 pick 6's cannot expect to beat a big physical team like PB.
As far as that first half touchdown pass, You will never be able to understand all of the calls and you sure don't have to like them but bad calls happen and this game had some on both sides of the ball. It was still a tough game that was won on the field by the boys.
Sometimes I think the game would be better for the boys if the fans had to watch from the t.v. and let them have fun without all of the pressure from the fans.

Lionheart88

Quote from: B unit on November 29, 2013, 11:34:33 pm
I feel for the seniors on the team. I can still remember the back to back losses my sophomore year and how much that hurt but I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. Great group of men. Glad I have the privilege to call most of them life long friends. Good luck to eldo and pb in state next week
Yes, the poor kids, they lost one game in their entire high school careers.  With two state title rings and semifinal appearance, they'd better not be too broke up.  There's only a couple thousand young men elsewhere in the state who would happily trade records with them.

Baitshop

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 30, 2013, 08:27:43 am

It appears as though while the Pine Bluff DL was "completely tearing through the Greenwood OL" that the Bulldogs were lighting the back half of that defense up for 34 points....

"Great" DL's don't let the allow the rest of their defense to get gashed for 34 points....end of story...

B.S.

All i can say is congrats to the Z's they played an excellent game last night, and congrats to Eldo, should be a great 6A Championship game. Bolding has Pine Bluff on the right track, he is a class act and i wish him nothing but the best.
To my Bulldogs, you guys have had a great run, and i am proud to call myself a Bulldog Fan! It has been a lot of fun watching ya'll the past few years, not many players can say they own even one Championship Ring, most of you have 3! I know it hurts right now, but you will look back on your career in a few years and will remember all the great wins and championships you have been a part of over the years.
To the rest of you, remember the Bulldogs were playing 6-8 sophomores and more juniors than seniors, we will be back and i believer stronger next year than this year.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 23, 2013, 07:48:07 am
Looking forward to the halftime show this coming Friday. I'm pretty sure that's about all the excitement that the Zebras will bringing with them. GW has seen bigger and faster many times ( at least 5 times in the last 50 games). I don't see this one turning out any different. GW wins 42-17 and gets a trip back to the rock for a 4th straight year.  ;D

Ooops.

WonderWartHawg

Pr8hd

November 30, 2013, 03:39:20 pm #146 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:44:22 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 30, 2013, 11:13:19 am
Yes, the poor kids, they lost one game in their entire high school careers.  With two state title rings and semifinal appearance, they'd better not be too broke up.  There's only a couple thousand young men elsewhere in the state who would happily trade records with them.

It's not just about the records or wins/losses. In the end, it was more upsetting to see the kids hurt than anything else. It's tough seeing kids cry over a game that most will never play again in their lives. It is a scene that is relived over and over again in locker rooms across the state no matter if you are 0-10 or 12-1. The player that made this parent post in this quote line never ended his career with a loss, he did play with these guys though so he was showing empathy and compassion, not bravado. I think most of these  players know that many would trade places with them; however, it doesn't diminish the fact they hurt over losing and playing their final game.

the_kosher_pig

The back 7 weren't the point. Someone said pine bluff wouldn't do anything against the OL. I was pointing out they did just that. They dominated.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 30, 2013, 03:39:20 pm

It's not just about the records or wins/losses. In the end, it was more upsetting to see the kids hurt than anything else. It's tough seeing kids cry over a game that most will never play again in their lives. It is a scene that is relived over and over again in locker rooms across the state no matter if you are 0-10 or 12-1. The player that made this parent post in this quote line never ended his career with a loss, he did play with these guys though so he was showing empathy and compassion, not bravado. I think most of these  players know that many would trade places with them; however, it doesn't diminish the fact they hurt over losing and playing their final game.
Boohoo.  Let's give everyone in 6A a state title trophy so no kids are sad to end their season on a loss.  Welcome to the real world.  Greenwood's been blessed with an incredible run of success under Coach James, no doubt about that.  But losses happen.  These seniors are 40-1 with two state title rings.  That's not something to cry about.  Almost every other team in the state will have experienced a loss by season's end(there are only 5 unbeaten teams left in the playoffs at any level).  All but 6 playoff teams will end their seasons on a loss.  If these young men can't handle one loss then I'll lose most of the respect I ever had for them, because they'll be nothing but spoiled brats who can't handle one time when they didn't get their way.  Every one of us here who's graduated anything has experienced those high school "lasts".  I remember my last track meet vividly; it was my best ever 1600m time but I still didn't win or even qualify for state.  It's sad, but it doesn't make one loss something to cry over when it comes after an almost unprecedented run of wins.  This is a team to be celebrated, not mourned.

Pr8hd

November 30, 2013, 06:13:02 pm #149 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:48:16 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 30, 2013, 06:05:26 pm
Quote from: Pr8hd on November 30, 2013, 03:39:20 pm

Boohoo.  Let's give everyone in 6A a state title trophy so no kids are sad to end their season on a loss.  Welcome to the real world.  Greenwood's been blessed with an incredible run of success under Coach James, no doubt about that.  But losses happen.  These seniors are 40-1 with two state title rings.  That's not something to cry about.  Almost every other team in the state will have experienced a loss by season's end(there are only 5 unbeaten teams left in the playoffs at any level).  All but 6 playoff teams will end their seasons on a loss.  If these young men can't handle one loss then I'll lose most of the respect I ever had for them, because they'll be nothing but spoiled brats who can't handle one time when they didn't get their way.  Every one of us here who's graduated anything has experienced those high school "lasts".  I remember my last track meet vividly; it was my best ever 1600m time but I still didn't win or even qualify for state.  It's sad, but it doesn't make one loss something to cry over when it comes after an almost unprecedented run of wins.  This is a team to be celebrated, not mourned.

It will be remembered a long time, I just made a comment on it's sad to see any players career come to an end, but they all do at some point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas