• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 State Championship: Cabot vs Bentonville

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Razorback Red

TD Bville.

Ball game.  The West has won again!

Go Tigers!!!

Baitshop

18yd. touchdown run by Bennie....

38-21 Tigers

1:47 left in the game

Baitshop

Cabot fumble the kickoff....

Bennie takes over....

3 TO's for Cabot in the 2nd half

OOPS....penalty on Bennie...re-kick coming up

Razorback Red

Cabot is a great team that put up a good fight.  Just too one dimensional to beat a balanced team like Bville. 

Bville will be very, very tough to beat again next year with QB, both RB's and Scroggins back.

Great game.  Congrats to Coach Lunney!

gatecrasher

Billyo62

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 13, 2013, 09:37:10 pm
Cabot is a great team that put up a good fight.  Just too one dimensional to beat a balanced team like Bville. 

Bville will be very, very tough to beat again next year with QB, both RB's and Scroggins back.

Great game.  Congrats to Coach Lunney!

Bennie will be just as good next year..

trevster10

TD Cabot.

39-28 Bentonville with :08 to go in the game.

Baitshop

Touchdown Cabot....

39-28 Bennie

:08 left in game.

Baitshop

Congrats to Barry, Robbie, and the Bennie players on their State Championship...

And congrats to the Cabot Panthers on their outstanding season....

Razorback Red

Bville had 0 turnovers in bad weather, which was the difference. 

Nice job by Ford of throwing when needed. 

Baitshop

Looks like the West's death grip on the State Championship trophy continues for one more year...

TigerDad2013

Quote from: Baitshop on December 13, 2013, 09:43:55 pm
Congrats to Barry, Robbie, and the Bennie players on their State Championship...

And congrats to the Cabot Panthers on their outstanding season....

Bait, I'll get you a picture of our new trophy we got tonight.  You want it in a frame? haha

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 10, 2013, 12:41:25 pm
So suddenly, a team that hasn't won a title since the Nixon administration is one of the best in the state, but one that has been to four championship games in a row isn't?

I've seen it all...

Ah, a chink in your normally impenetrable armor...

I'm just sayin', if Cabot beats you as bad as I think they are going to beat you, the logical man would say a narrow defeat of NLR by Cabot, through transference, deems NLR the second best in the state this year.

The worm turns eventually..... always....

Also, I need you and Bait to give me your travel itinerary so I can set up dinner.......

My friend, I have a solution which I think is the only way you will get to share in a state football title.

Move to NW Arkansas. Lots of houses available...

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: bighorn7 on December 11, 2013, 06:28:41 pm
And so begins the "Official Bville Excuse Thread".....................just in case...

No, Cabot started those less than two minutes after the final whistle...

Smithian

Great job Bentonville on another championship!!

And Cabot, awesome job on a season where you surpassed the expectations many had!

Fantastic job by Lunney and Malham and their staffs.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Smithian on December 13, 2013, 10:06:05 pm
Great job Bentonville on another championship!!

And Cabot, awesome job on a season where you surpassed the expectations many had!

Fantastic job by Lunney and Malham and their staffs.

Well said!

Locutus

Well done Bennie and the Tigers. 7A west are champs, again!

BvilleTiger

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 10, 2013, 09:54:37 pm
Quote from: searcy86 on December 10, 2013, 08:41:37 pm
What's cabot's size across the oline and d line? Mostly seniors?

Apparently, a closely guarded secret...

First, Earl, where we're you? We were looking for you.

Second, I see why Cabot didn't brag on the size of their line. The o-line looked like a bunch of Hobbits out there, but I tell you, they were well coached. Impressed how they stayed low and got leverage on the bigger Bentonville players.

The paper had most of Cabot's linemen listed at 5'8" or 5'9" which means they're probably not even that tall.

Question on. Lanaius. Did he fumble much this year? Hard to say if it was the weather or if the physical play of Bentonville defense caught up in the second half. Kid took some hits. Tough little fellow.

Cabotred

Lanaius has been sure handed all season. Not saying he has not fumbled but he is not prone to it.

BvilleTiger

Quote from: Locutus on December 13, 2013, 10:15:01 pm
Well done Bennie and the Tigers. 7A west are champs, again!

Nine years in a row for the West meaning they have won every 7A football title handed out.

At least the central has a shot in basketball. Don't have to worry about Bentonville.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Cabotred on December 14, 2013, 08:44:52 am
Lanaius has been sure handed all season. Not saying he has not fumbled but he is not prone to it.

I have been baffled by these smaller statured players, like Lanaius and Tyrone Mahone for Bville. Man, back when I played you wouldn't see these smaller kids with this much 'umph' behind them. Its going to be a fun couple of seasons watching these teams.

bighorn7

Actually, Tiger, heights ate exactly what it says.  For some reason, its rare for us to get the 6'1" or taller players.  Been in Cabot over 20 yrs and I remember 3.  Had one who started last year, but he was dismissed from the team in the offseason for disciplinary reasons.  Shame too because he could've played at the next level if he could straighten himself out.

Launius is one tough kid.  I remember a couple of fumbles during the season, but considering how often he carried it, no big deal.  Weather probably played a part last night.  The first one just looked like a great defensive play.  The second one...............is a point of contention...lol.

CJ7

Congrats to Bentonville. No not living up to hype this year. Great win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas