• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton Boys Job

Started by Brian G, July 01, 2013, 10:10:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

mockingJ

What happened to coach nail?

Brian G

Blindsided

Its awful late to be needing a coach, especially one of this high profile.  What will Benton do?  Will the assistant coach be moved up or will they go after someone else? 

Brian G

Great question.  In order to get a coach outside the district you'd create another ripple effect.

ricepig

gamechanger11

Didn't know Benton was high profile.  Just a bigger school.

DerekOxford

goindians

Yes it is a high level position. like Jonesboro

ricepig

Quote from: goindians on July 04, 2013, 06:27:41 pm
Yes it is a high level position. like Jonesboro

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Benton had won over 10 boys state championships like Jonesboro has.

Blindsided

July 04, 2013, 08:30:30 pm #10 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:33:20 pm by Blindsided
Big town, lots of publicity, high expectations, big shoes to fill.  I'd call that
high profile. Plus some pressure since football isn't winning.

ricepig

Quote from: Blindsided on July 04, 2013, 08:30:30 pm
Big town, lots of publicity, high expectations, big shoes to fill.  I'd call that
high profile. Plus some pressure since football isn't winning.

You sure you aren't talking about baseball?? Hey, good luck on the hire, we just have different opinions on high profile jobs in Arkansas.

Brian G

mockingJ

Who are some of the applicants for this job?  Is Simmons a candidate?  I thought he was the lighthouse of the harbor? 

Brian G

Quote from: mockingJ on July 05, 2013, 01:03:07 pm
Who are some of the applicants for this job?  Is Simmons a candidate?  I thought he was the lighthouse of the harbor? 
Bulb burned out.  No longer at Har-Ber.

mockingJ

goindians

I think they whip Janesboro next year

ricepig

Quote from: goindians on July 05, 2013, 06:25:09 pm

You had better hope they don't run the clock on you, the game is in Jonesboro this year.

beaverfan007

This will be a great job

Blindsided

Got some talent there.  Have beaten Jonesboro this summer and played with NLR, losing by 2.
The Bowlon kid is as good as anyone in the state.

ricepig

Quote from: Blindsided on July 07, 2013, 11:55:46 pm
Got some talent there.  Have beaten Jonesboro this summer and played with NLR, losing by 2.
The Bowlon kid is as good as anyone in the state.

I'm sure Jonesboro and NLR didn't have any kids missing,......

Blindsided

Benton had some players out too.

Brian G

I love me some camp "wins".

ricepig

Quote from: Blindsided on July 08, 2013, 07:31:57 pm
Benton had some players out too.

Win something, or at least make a final and we will have something to talk about. You better win conference this year, it will be your last chance with PV and Hall moving into your conference next cycle.

mockingJ

Didn't nail make the finals in his first or second year there?

No Name

Quote from: mockingJ on July 09, 2013, 05:58:23 am
Didn't nail make the finals in his first or second year there?

First year, got beat by Hall in the finals

mockingJ

That's what I thought, I guess mr. Pig can wait for the games this winter to gloat!!!  Jonesboro is loaded!!!!!!!!
Any names for the Benton job

ricepig

Quote from: mockingJ on July 13, 2013, 10:17:17 am
That's what I thought, I guess mr. Pig can wait for the games this winter to gloat!!!  Jonesboro is loaded!!!!!!!!
Any names for the Benton job

Ok, we'll have to limit top jobs to schools with champiomships! I know Benton beat JHS Swift's first year, I did realize they had made a final. NLR is loaded, Jonesboro is just good, haha.

mockingJ

NLR may be more than loaded..... But Jonesboro is definitely talented and fun to watch.  Benton will be very good, but really not on the same shelf as the other two. 

ScooterFlatch

who did benton hire as their head basketball coach?

WMB

Assistant Coach Fishburn and Jr. High Coach Torres will take over this year and a new search will start after the season.

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on August 13, 2013, 08:00:19 am
Assistant Coach Fishburn and Jr. High Coach Torres will take over this year and a new search will start after the season.

Co-head coaches?

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2013, 09:29:00 am
Quote from: WMB on August 13, 2013, 08:00:19 am

Co-head coaches?
Probably split halves or do every other game.

WMB

Coach FIshburn is in charge.

ricepig

Quote from: goindians on July 05, 2013, 06:25:09 pm

Well, Benton didn't whip Jonesboro, but did make a game of it. It was probably as sloppy a game as I've seen in a while. Jonesboro opened up a 20-2 lead, or something like that, but the 1st qt ended 20-11, I believe. From there it was TO's, fouls, and missed shots. Benton had a chance to tie it in the end, but never got a shot off, and turned it over. I think the final score was in the 56-51 range.

#20 from Benton had a great game, and basucally kept them in it, nice player. Jonesboro's big man went down after a hard foul in the first minute with a severe knee injury, not sure of the diagnosis. Jonesboro is small to start off with, and losing their only inside presence will hurt. They've got 8 games over the next two weeks, going to be tough if they are a man down..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas