• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will the 3A districts look like in 2016-2018?

Started by tiger2016, May 12, 2015, 04:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger2016

The changes are happening after I graduate next year and I'm from the 4-3A. Knowing that mainly we're losing Danville and Booneville as one's going down and the other's going back up. Who will take their place and will both the 3a-1W and 3a-4 have 8 teams in each of their own respective district. And who else will be moving around to new districts and such.

BigMan15

I think lavaca goes down as well but I've heard that mansfield comes back and we pick up Perryville possibly

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on May 12, 2015, 06:03:41 pm
I think lavaca goes down as well but I've heard that mansfield comes back and we pick up Perryville possibly
[/quote
basketball is a bigger change than that....3A will be mixed with 4A for "less" travel during conference play....

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2015, 06:28:57 pm
[/quote
basketball is a bigger change than that....3A will be mixed with 4A for "less" travel during conference play....

I've heard about this, but I'm still not clear on the specifics. Will it be like 6A/7A with a points system determining conference standing?

For 4-3A, the surrounding 4A schools are Dardanelle, Subiaco Academy, and Ozark.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on May 12, 2015, 08:24:50 pm
[/quote

I've heard about this, but I'm still not clear on the specifics. Will it be like 6A/7A with a points system determining conference standing?

For 4-3A, the surrounding 4A schools are Dardanelle, Subiaco Academy, and Ozark.

No...it's even better than the mess the 6A/7A wanted to escape. The respective conferences in each classification(talking 1A, 2A, 3A) not the district they'll actually be playing, will have a coaches meeting and they'll VOTE to decide the post season seedings. Yeah...You read that right, VOTE...that's going to be fun isn't it?

basketballjones

I believe these coaches voting on seeds will be more entertaining than the games

tiger2016

Welcome to the 4/3A-4 conference. That's just weird saying it. I wouldn't mind it be Charleston Paris Lamar and Two Rivers from the 3a-4. Subiaco, Ozark, Dardanelle and is Pottsville moving up or staying in the 4A? Because if not this could be a tough gritty conference to play in.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2015, 08:54:22 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on May 12, 2015, 08:24:50 pm
[/quote

No...it's even better than the mess the 6A/7A wanted to escape. The respective conferences in each classification(talking 1A, 2A, 3A) not the district they'll actually be playing, will have a coaches meeting and they'll VOTE to decide the post season seedings. Yeah...You read that right, VOTE...that's going to be fun isn't it?

I just vomited in my mouth. Voting. Because that's gone over so well in college football in recent years, right? But, it'll create some very intriguing conferences at least. Subiaco Academy and Paris used to be huge rivals, so renewing that sounds like fun.

HorseFeathers

i.ve posted my take on the new conferences in the killer crossover forum...

Proud Buckaroo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas