• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach T at Paris

Started by BigMan15, April 29, 2015, 03:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Everyone involved in basketball at Paris should be aware of the bs with Coach T being forced out at Paris..we are losing a great coach and a very good friend of mine..the SCHOOL BOARD SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!

WPWells

always88

Screw up by Paris school board of EPIC proportions! WOW! At least some other school will get the benefits of his great coaching abilities!

Moonshiner

Reassign him?  What happened?

BigMan15

He turned around this program and is the BEST PARIS GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH EVER!!! And we cant have a great team at Paris..Paris is known for choking and doing stupid stuff and now i see why..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on April 29, 2015, 09:04:53 pm
He turned around this program and is the BEST PARIS GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH EVER!!! And we cant have a great team at Paris..Paris is known for choking and doing stupid stuff and now i see why..

What happened? They not renew his contract or something?

always88

In the short time that he was there, he achieved the most success in the history of their basketball program! Sounds like some serious jealousy at the administrative level!

fbisgreat

Why did it take this late in the year to get rid of him.It might be hard to get a coaching job next year.

WPWells

Somebody please tell us what's going on

mi-ky

They reassigned him, he was there 4 years and was not once written up for anything. He was never called into the principal's office. Paris did change principals at Christmas and the football coach is now the principal. I was told that the supt told him the reason that he was being reassign is because he had to high of expectations and that Paris girls would never win a state title in basketball. Odd since 2 years ago they were in the semis and it took a crazy shot at the end to beat them but whatever. This was in my opinion nothing but an agenda driven deal from the admin and a few on the board. Is he the most liked person in the town no he isn't but when you are trying to change a culture and a mind set of losing for years and years that will happen. This town and community is going to get what they deserve, it may take a few years (because the older ones still are ingrained in what T has taught them)  but they will go back to being the old Paris that everyone made fun of because they sucked so bad.   

WPWells

No way that's the whole story

Chalant

That's probably the line of thinking they are hoping most have. It started off being about a couple kids quitting...the day after the summer calendar was released btw. However once they realized that girls quitting basketball at Paris is simply as much a part of their culture as it is for the boys to move to Subi to play, they said that expectations were too high.

No matter what anyone gets on here and says this was a personal agenda, not necessarily to get rid of someone  for some, but to create an opportunity. Look at what is going on in Clinton connect the dots, some of the same things going on in both places.

LC sports

May 04, 2015, 03:14:04 pm #12 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:33:27 pm by LC sports
Sorry for offending anyone.

beach bum

I am learning small town politics when it comes to administration and their decisions is pathetic. At my alma mater a certain coach is in the top 3 or 4 coaches in his class and been there for 20 plus years. Another coach has been there just a little more than 5 or 6 years and administration bows down to the new younger coach because the younger guy has made "buddy buddy" with all the right people. The tenured coach has 10 times the character of the younger one and his players love him. I never played for him but when he sees me from time to time treats me like I did play for him talking to me. Administration doesn't treat him with the respect he deserves because he doesn't kiss butt of administration. He is the type of guy who gives his all to his profession but then doesn't take it with him home. He goes home to his family and leaves work at work. He doesn't make "buddy buddy" with people to just get what he wants. Small towns have too much drama for me.

HorseFeathers

Against my better judgement I'll leave this topic open for the time being....And Try to keep it to the facts of the situation...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on May 04, 2015, 05:21:21 pm
Against my better judgement I'll leave this topic open for the time being....And Try to keep it to the facts of the situation...

I like your style... . keep it til it gets ugly lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2015, 05:31:09 pm
Quote from: HF on May 04, 2015, 05:21:21 pm

I like your style... . keep it til it gets ugly lol.

Ha....It's the offseason, gotta have something for entertainment...Rattling the cage of the J.C posters is only fun for so long :D

SouthpawSensation

Next thing you might hear ... Paris rising junior girls basketball player transfers to ..... hmmm, let me see ..... Fort Smith Northside?

LC sports

Sorry if my post was too inflammatory for the "standards" of Fearless Friday. I just can't see how coach T would have been forced out with the record he's had at Carlisle and now Paris. He's a fine person and a great coach. I'll get my say on this at the appropriate time...probably not on here. But I'll keep my eyes on this. thanks!

tranny212

Quote from: LC sports on May 04, 2015, 03:14:04 pm
First of all, I find out that one of the best girls basketball coaches in the state, with two state championship rings at Carlisle, has been forced out as coach at Paris High School by a washed up football coach who is now principal. He has no idea what he did when it comes to Coach T, who is a Rolls Royce coach in this state.
So, according to this bulletin board, he was forced out because he had too high of expectations? That is biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard and I've heard a lot. All he's done is elevated that program to heights that hasn't been seen in years there if ever at Paris High School.
Is he jealous? And now he's on a power trip as the HS principal. Coach T is a Coaching Legend and is so well respected by the other basketball coaches in this state.  I just hope they tell whoever takes Coach T's place not to work too hard because it will be his or her downfall.

Well this "washed up football coach" is probably one of the best things that could have happened to Paris on a educational and administrative level. I don't think he has the power to get rid of Coach T,  that would be the school board so it looks like you might need to get your facts straight first.

bobcats

Quote from: LC sports on May 05, 2015, 09:21:16 am
Sorry if my post was too inflammatory for the "standards" of Fearless Friday. I just can't see how coach T would have been forced out with the record he's had at Carlisle and now Paris. He's a fine person and a great coach. I'll get my say on this at the appropriate time...probably not on here. But I'll keep my eyes on this. thanks!

Don't forget about his very short stint at Mount Ida.

brock

So where is coach T going? Im sure he will find a job.

beach bum

Quote from: tranny212 on May 06, 2015, 08:27:18 am
First of all, I find out that one of the best girls basketball coaches in the state, with two state championship rings at Carlisle, has been forced out as coach at Paris High School by a washed up football coach who is now principal. He has no idea what he did when it comes to Coach T, who is a Rolls Royce coach in this state.
So, according to this bulletin board, he was forced out because he had too high of expectations? That is biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard and I've heard a lot. All he's done is elevated that program to heights that hasn't been seen in years there if ever at Paris High School.
Is he jealous? And now he's on a power trip as the HS principal. Coach T is a Coaching Legend and is so well respected by the other basketball coaches in this state.  I just hope they tell whoever takes Coach T's place not to work too hard because it will be his or her downfall.

Well this "washed up football coach" is probably one of the best things that could have happened to Paris on a educational and administrative level. I don't think he has the power to get rid of Coach T,  that would be the school board so it looks like you might need to get your facts straight first.

Way to come in strong for your first fearless post ever!!!! Also, this is a rather conservative group on here so you may end up in some trouble with a name like yours  ;D

tranny212

May 06, 2015, 02:11:27 pm #23 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:15:10 pm by tranny212
Quote from: beach bum on May 06, 2015, 01:09:44 pm

Way to come in strong for your first fearless post ever!!!! Also, this is a rather conservative group on here so you may end up in some trouble with a name like yours  ;D

My name has nothing to do with who I am. It is actually completely random so people don't find out who I am and I know with a name like "Tranny" they can't.  :P  ;D

Tigertown45

Seems like a very strange decision.. Must be more to it then what we are hearing

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: tranny212 on May 06, 2015, 02:11:27 pm

My name has nothing to do with who I am. It is actually completely random so people don't find out who I am and I know with a name like "Tranny" they can't.  :P  ;D

You must be the washed up Coach.

tranny212

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 07, 2015, 03:02:08 am
Quote from: tranny212 on May 06, 2015, 02:11:27 pm

You must be the washed up Coach.

Not even close.  ;D

HorseFeathers

hmmmm.....this is definitely a head scratcher decision

YC

That "washed up football coach" has applied for the Harrison job. He also applied for the Springdale job when it was open. There appears to be something going on at Paris. I don't think I drink the water on my next visit...

-Painted Fan-

May 07, 2015, 11:03:21 am #29 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:30:07 pm by -Painted Fan-
Tranny's not so mysterious.
When you make almost the exact same post on Facebook, it's not hard to figure out.
(Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me)

BigMan15

BigMan15

The School Board voted on the issue because the AD brought it to them to vote on..personally the guy cares less what happens to the basketball program..so i would think every team in the conference loves him because hes making the entire basketball program in the dumps..one thing is for sure my daughters will never play for Paris!!!!

eagle-fan

Quote from: LC sports on May 05, 2015, 09:21:16 am
Mark, stick to your small town situation and speak of things that you know about first hand and NOT the outcome that you observed and decided to give an uninformed opinion on. You border on slander and that can bite your arse. The Principal did NOT fire anyone! The AD has the right to see if comments by any coach, head coach or assistant, are detrimental to any sports program, regardless of the wins associated with that   coach.
       Look at coach Bolding at NLR. He thought he was above the administration and now NLR has a new football HC. Wins are nice but not at the expense of adversarial comments towards the school that a coach makes because of his personal agendas or thought processes. The School Board makes the ultimate decisions, and anyone bringing up anything that has been brought to the attention of the AD or Principal MUST be brought before the School Board, or that AD/Principal would have neglected his or her duty.  So, unless you are local and know local inside information, keep your dang thoughts to your 2A school and its deficiencies, sir.....  The Principal and AD do NOT fire personnel !!! You are so unformed if you think so!  :(

eagle-fan

May 07, 2015, 07:13:18 pm #33 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:37:42 am by eagle-fan
Quote from: IofthaTiger on May 07, 2015, 10:08:27 am
That "washed up football coach" has applied for the Harrison job. He also applied for the Springdale job when it was open. There appears to be something going on at Paris. I don't think I drink the water on my next visit...
Updated comment today, Friday morning. I too am standing by for now as our moderator said.

( It is not a committee of one. Takes many to learn and act on the FACTS at hand and not a "jerk decision" as you may think this was. Why not write the Paris School Board a letter of complaint?  The basketball coach OBVIOUSLY did not! Why, because he knew he was wrong....)

WPWells

Quote from: eagle-fan on May 07, 2015, 07:13:18 pm
Quote from: IofthaTiger on May 07, 2015, 10:08:27 am
God, do you always have to divert attention from YOUR school to others? Typical post from you and also bordering on slander. Know what an AD or Principal must do in the course of doing their job and quit viewing wins as the main attribute of a coach, thinking that a good winning record allows him to say a lot of things harmful to the local program he oversees.

You obviously do not know who is allowed to hire and fire in a school district. It is not a committee of one. Takes many to learn and act on the FACTS at hand and not a "jerk decision" as you may think this was. Why not write the Paris School Board a letter of complaint?  The basketball coach OBVIOUSLY did not! Why, because he knew he was wrong....

How in the world did iofthetiger slander anyone?

Longfellow

I didn't see him slander anyone

YC

When sarcasm is made so clear even a child can see it obviously some people don't.

I was actually defending Coach Hutson to an extent. I don't think a coach that has coached at North Little Rock, Paris, and has applied at Springdale, and now at Harrison would be considered as "washed up".

I really don't care one way or the other what goes on at Paris. If they do well, fine. If they don't do well, fine.

Truthfully

May 07, 2015, 08:59:43 pm #37 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:14:12 am by Truthfully
Slander = false, defamatory statements = to attack the reputation of someone

You should know the definition 12th Man, since you are in college. The Paris coach had a very good coaching reputation during his 8 years at Paris, turning a program around that was winning ZERO or perhaps one game a year, except for one year about two years before he came when Paris went to the playoffs and lost the first game... Check out the record back to 2000 for yourself!

Coach Hutson tenure:  Most playoff games, most playoff games won, only playoff game won at Paris, most wins in 3 and 4 successive seasons (8-8-9 and 8-8-9-10), Coach of Year 2012, co-conference championship with Charleston that nobody else can claim during those 8 years, and more. That is a very successful tenure, and to say someone is a "washed up coach" plays against all of the above and does not give credit when it is deserved and proven. Not giving credit when due is attacking the reputation of being a winning coach and doing things other coaches have not, and that is defamatory and that borders on slander in the minds of many, including mine. So, hope that explains things to a couple who do not see the 'undertow' statement towards a proven, good coach. Nuff said ... Just saying, think before making a statement, and put a "filter" between your brain and those typing fingers !!!!   ;D   
***  Sorry to Iofthatiger about the "quotation" remark as being your feelings personally. It read that way to me initially until you explained it.  I was wrong and know you really feel good about coach H overall ***

WPWells

Thank you for providing the definition. Now please tell me how iofthetiger's post fits it. Guess what, you can't, and I don't appreciate you insinuating that I'm stupid either.

-Painted Fan-

Truthfully,are you really this dense?
It was LC that called him a "Washed up coach". IoftheTiger was quoting him.
As for Paris fans and their attacks and accusations against Charleston, I really don't have the time to delve into that argument at this time. Some of us have jobs to go to tomorrow.
Have a nice evening.

Truthfully

May 07, 2015, 10:06:41 pm #40 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:07:25 am by Truthfully
Iofthatiger post at 10:08:27 today
LC sports post May 4th Monday at 3:14

LC first mentioned the Paris BB coach being forced out by a washed up football coach who is now principal and then Iofthatiger stating that "washed up football coach" in his post. So what else can I read into that?  He used the same words, and referred to something  going on in Paris....  Sorry if I read the wrong thing into Iofthatiger's inference but it sure struck me as if he was saying the same thing. And heck, someone even posted that BB coach had been at Mt. Ida a short time, so maybe something similar happened there too?

Iofthatiger, I am a fan of Coach Hudson and my son played for him. He has the drive to look for a nice job any time, as all coaches seem to do. It causes that domino effect we see every year. He  did come in 2nd for the Springdale job and was told to apply for the Harrison job. I do not second guess any coach, ever... it is THEIR life and aspirations perhaps.  So, thanks for clarification of what you meant. I am one dense lady when it comes to comments that are said in jest, and I do NOT joke around on FF as some do. I kid 12th Man CHS at times but God knows he does it as much as anybody and some, like me, do not appreciate it either when it sorta insinuates stupidity on my quotes... LOL

Truthfully

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 07, 2015, 09:17:26 pm
Truthfully,are you really this dense?
It was LC that called him a "Washed up coach". IoftheTiger was quoting him.
As for Paris fans and their attacks and accusations against Charleston, I really don't have the time to delve into that argument at this time. Some of us have jobs to go to tomorrow.
Have a nice evening.
Gosh, with you being a working person, you sure cover a LOT of territory to have crossed a FF poster's name with their true identity on Facebook. THAT requires a lot of time and browsing and surfing the social media sites. I do NOT have THAT much time with my meek daily schedule.... Just thought that was one REAL far  out co-incidence to have mentioned to the Paris poster tranny212. Maybe you use your business' computer at work....  I say that in JEST, sir!!!  ::)

HorseFeathers

May 07, 2015, 11:40:14 pm #42 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:44:28 pm by HF
Did we really just see a threat of I know someone that knows someone in a Podunk arkansas? 

-Painted Fan-

Actually, I'm not friends with Tranny on Facebook (if it's any of your business). I was shown their post on Facebook almost word for word what they posted here.
Only Paris fans could turn a "Coach leaving " thread into a "bash Charleston" thread.

-Painted Fan-

And yes HF, that sure seems like a threat to me.
I see this thread getting locked down in 3..2..1..

fbhound

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 08, 2015, 05:42:31 am
Actually, I'm not friends with Tranny on Facebook (if it's any of your business). I was shown their post on Facebook almost word for word what they posted here.
Only Paris fans could turn a "Coach leaving " thread into a "bash Charleston" thread.
I do not see any Charleston bashing by Paris supporters anywhere on this thread. Truthfully said she was sorry not to have understood the "washed up coach" comment by a C'town fan and she had taken that as improper initially, especially when it all referred to overall handling of the basketball situation at Paris. I suggest that all should let the Paris School Board handle their own internal matters. Lets leave former HC and AD references out of this thread please. He fired nobody! Thanks.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 08, 2015, 05:50:24 am
i.ll give it the rest of the day, see if the reason i heard coach t got fired is true or not...

eagle-fan

May 08, 2015, 09:20:25 am #47 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:23:20 am by eagle-fan
To IofthaTiger...
   After reading about what Truthfully said, I too feel your comments about Paris' former football coach and having included what LC said, putting it within quotation marks, was not your own thoughts. As with her, it struck me as wrong initially and bordering on attacking Coach Hutson. I said bordering on in my post and not an outright attack...  So to clear things up, I just wanted no one person to take any "blame" on what a school board rules on. There are always parents of athletes who might not like their child to feel underachieving because of a coaches comments. They have the right to speak up and report their feelings to someone, in this case perhaps the AD or principal or school board. I do not know why a couple of girl basketball players decided not to play anymore. Maybe someone else knows for sure, but I am not suggesting anything. Young kids in high school sports are very impressionable it today's climate and need to be treated with "kid" gloves at certain times. This ain't college ball and the kids are not on scholarships, etc. Some get burned out and switch to another sport or just want to 'smooth out' for a while.  This happens to the boy athletes all the time... LOL

eagle-fan

Quote from: HF on May 08, 2015, 09:18:36 am
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 08, 2015, 05:50:24 am
i.ll give it the rest of the day, see if the reason i heard coach t got fired is true or not...
Thanks HF for the moderation job you do...

BigMan15

Quit trying to act like the AD is so good...ask anyone in the basketball program how good he is..we can barely get into the gym..i coach a travel team just for Paris and we cant even practice in the gym..so again explain what the AD part of the job consists of!!! The guy hates the success the basketball program has had..but what do u expect when u hire a football coach as a AD!! If this trouble continues we will be house searching this summer..anybody know of any good area with rental houses and a school that needs a 6'4 all state sophmore guard!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas