• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year

Started by bobcats, March 12, 2015, 10:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcats

I would be interested to hear who will be returning a strong team next year.  It appears their may be a changing of the top teams next season.  I expect ECS to still be a top caliber team next year but just not as dominant.  On the other hand teams like Mayflower, BHG, Flippin and Charleston have some serious rebuilding to do.

BigMan15

Paris returns 4 starters including their top scorer..two rivers returns 3 starters all 3 being great guards. Lamar Charleston and Danville lose a lot.

teachers pet

Jessieville returns 4 starters including Daley, their leading scorer and their quick point guard.The other two starters are just sophomores.

WPWells

Two Rivers will be a top 5 team next year as will Paris most likely

JeanClaudeVanHam

ECS, Two Rivers, and Paris seem like strong picks.

BigMan15

Paris Two Rivers ECS and maybe Cedar Ridge

bobcats

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 12, 2015, 11:03:18 pm
Jessieville returns 4 starters including Daley, their leading scorer and their quick point guard.The other two starters are just sophomores.

Losing their 6'7" 280 post man.  Those are hard to replace.

bdog32

Valley returns a lot including Hogue and moves up some good freshman.  as does Marshall.  Cedar ridge has 4 back 2 of those 4 are reaves and crabtree.  Marianna returns most of theirs and harding returns everyone but Matthews .   I'm sure Rivercrest and Osceola will reload as well.  Ecs has 2 back. 2 very good players.  Jessieville has a strong core back. Idk about out west and the south. 

1. ECS
2. Paris
3. Jessieville
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Valley Springs
Others.  Harding / Marianna / Marshall / 2 rivers 

Longfellow

Two Rivers loses 2 starters, but return Yates, whitlow, and Brimm. They are in kinda the same boat as ECS, being really guard heavy. They move up five talented freshmen, and should compete for Paris for #1 in the 3A-4

bobcats

In the 3A-1E next year I expect Marshall and Valley to battle for the top spot.  They both should be legitimate top 10 teams.  I know Valley is losing several contributors from this years team, but they do return Hogue and they seem to always have some kids step up who have been waiting on their turn.  Marshall returns Nicholson and 3 sophmores who played most of the time down the stretch this year. 

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on March 13, 2015, 08:07:04 am
In the 3A-1E next year I expect Marshall and Valley to battle for the top spot.  They both should be legitimate top 10 teams.  I know Valley is losing several contributors from this years team, but they do return Hogue and they seem to always have some kids step up who have been waiting on their turn.  Marshall returns Nicholson and 3 sophmores who played most of the time down the stretch this year.
Cotter, Yellvile and Flippin boys will be in that battle as well.

Eagle20

Quote from: bdog32 on March 13, 2015, 06:52:21 am
Valley returns a lot including Hogue and moves up some good freshman.  as does Marshall.  Cedar ridge has 4 back 2 of those 4 are reaves and crabtree.  Marianna returns most of theirs and harding returns everyone but Matthews .   I'm sure Rivercrest and Osceola will reload as well.  Ecs has 2 back. 2 very good players.  Jessieville has a strong core back. Idk about out west and the south. 

1. ECS
2. Paris
3. Jessieville
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Valley Springs
Others.  Harding / Marianna / Marshall / 2 rivers
Very good rundown of next years top teams.

Eagle20

Quote from: bobcats on March 13, 2015, 05:47:31 am

first of all he might be 6'5" at best.  He was a good player but not dominant.  They have a 6'4" soph who will be really solid.  They are loade with guards with 3 starters back and a really good jr high group.  They should be top. 5.  To me, Cedar Ridge has the best chance coming back next year to win it.

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on March 13, 2015, 08:36:07 am
Quote from: bobcats on March 13, 2015, 08:07:04 am
Cotter, Yellvile and Flippin boys will be in that battle as well.

Cotter lacks the guard play, I agree Yellville should have been better this year but could not beat this years top 3.  I can't see where Flippin can come close to replacing this years seniors.  But those three with Bergman sould battle for the 3-6 spots.

BigMan15

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Paris
5. Two Rivers
6. Valley
7. West Fork
8. Marshall
9. Smackover
10. Flippin

JeanClaudeVanHam

Marshall should be much better than Valley next year, with Valley returning to prominence in two years.

WildcatGrandpa13

Along with ECS, Jesseville and Paris will be serious contenders. Jesseville returns Daley and their other good shooter (Number 4 maybe?), and Paris returns Fenner who can be one of the top players in the state next year. Should be an interesting year for sure

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 13, 2015, 09:26:15 am
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Paris
5. Two Rivers
6. Valley
7. West Fork
8. Marshall
9. Smackover
10. Flippin
ECS loses their best overall player Martin, the twins, and their other post player who played significant minutes, Becton. Their only returning inside player is a great athlete but limited skill set on the offensive end. Their two best 9th grade BBall players did not play this year- one had surgery at the end of FB season, the other for uncertain reasons- have heard it was his family's decision because of grades. If they return, it will be a help, but you can't expect them to be able to step right in a be a big help at the varsity level.
Having Coach Marsh will help, of course. Right now I would project them to be competitive, and hopefully top 5, but they will have to really improve during the year to be in the mix for a 3-peat.

teachers pet

Jessieville also has a junior high district championship team with boys moving up.

bobcats

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 13, 2015, 09:52:25 am
Jessieville also has a junior high district championship team with boys moving up.

Is Lamb going to move his son up?

smallybells

Perryville was a runner up to that jr high  Jessieville team and the key players are all coming up, but like it has already been said in this thread, it will take a year or so for them to have any real impact and sometimes they lose interest, move off etc. before even getting to that level so its somewhat of a gamble when looking at that.

bobcats

Quote from: smallybells on March 13, 2015, 02:32:59 pm
Perryville was a runner up to that jr high  Jessieville team and the key players are all coming up, but like it has already been said in this thread, it will take a year or so for them to have any real impact and sometimes they lose interest, move off etc. before even getting to that level so its somewhat of a gamble when looking at that.

That can be so true.  Two years ago my son was a member of a 22-1 Jessieville jr high team who also were district champs.  Not one starter from that jr high team was on this years sr high team.

bobcats

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 13, 2015, 08:55:30 am
Quote from: bobcats on March 13, 2015, 05:47:31 am

first of all he might be 6'5" at best.  He was a good player but not dominant.  They have a 6'4" soph who will be really solid.  They are loade with guards with 3 starters back and a really good jr high group.  They should be top. 5.  To me, Cedar Ridge has the best chance coming back next year to win it.

Haha, Johnny is a friend of mine, I can tell you he is a massive man.  If he is only 6'5" then Stephen is not 6'4".  You can't have it both ways.  All I can tell you is he takes up the whole lane.

BigMan15

LongFellow a couple of rumors going around about Yates. Is he moving? I was told by someone who talked to him and he said either Charleston or Dardenelle

Longfellow

I haven't heard anything, but there is almost no possibility of him transferring anywhere

Beast Boy

Valley Springs graduates 6 seniors, and a few of you still have them in the top 5?

Eagle20

Quote from: cdelaney on March 13, 2015, 09:39:02 am
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Paris
5. Two Rivers
6. Valley
7. West Fork
8. Marshall
9. Smackover
10. Flippin
ECS loses their best overall player Martin, the twins, and their other post player who played significant minutes, Becton. Their only returning inside player is a great athlete but limited skill set on the offensive end. Their two best 9th grade BBall players did not play this year- one had surgery at the end of FB season, the other for uncertain reasons- have heard it was his family's decision because of grades. If they return, it will be a help, but you can't expect them to be able to step right in a be a big help at the varsity level.
Having Coach Marsh will help, of course. Right now I would project them to be competitive, and hopefully top 5, but they will have to really improve during the year to be in the mix for a 3-peat.
. Thought Becton was a senior also.

Eagle20

Quote from: bobcats on March 13, 2015, 10:02:18 am
Quote from: razorbackmike on March 13, 2015, 09:52:25 am

Is Lamb going to move his son up?

yes

neds

cdelaney

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 14, 2015, 01:26:50 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on March 13, 2015, 09:39:02 am
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Paris
5. Two Rivers
6. Valley
7. West Fork
8. Marshall
9. Smackover
10. Flippin
. Thought Becton was a senior also.
thats what I said

fbisgreat

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 14, 2015, 09:05:03 am
LongFellow a couple of rumors going around about Yates. Is he moving? I was told by someone who talked to him and he said either Charleston or Dardenelle
I heard he was going to be the QB at Dardenelle next year.

HeadTiger

Quote from: Beast Boy on March 14, 2015, 10:56:28 am
Valley Springs graduates 6 seniors, and a few of you still have them in the top 5?

Lost 8 seniors the year before and proved to be a top 5 team this season. They return Hogue

Jimbo Morphis

mcgehee loses a  lot.

Head Lion

3A-3 will still probably be a year away, with most of "stars" of the league moving up from jr hi, after that should return to on of premier conferences.

basketballjones

1. ECS (until someone knocks off the big dogs)
2. Cedar Ridge (great player will do damage sr year)
3. Jessieville (that guard they had was good, honestly going by word of mouth)
4. Paris (saw them play twice they can score, Fenner should be a Beast next year)
5. Valley (Taylor is crazy but knows how to win)
6. Two Rivers (athletic guards will keep them in every game)
7. Harding (Francis will get everything out of them)
8. Marshall (don't know much about them)
9. WF (size and very Sr dominated)
10. Smackover (I know the football team is crazy athletic)

Longfellow

Good list but I would switch Paris/jessieville and valley/two rivers

bobcats

Anyone know anything about what the Cossatot, Prescott, Centerpoint conference has returning?

hawgball11

Centerpoint returns most everybody I believe. Cossatot loses a lot. Prescott loses a lot but has a talented Jr high group coming up.

drybones

I've read a lot on this post about jr high kids that are moving up. Who do you think will benefit the most next year  from the freshmen that will be moving up?

bb1996

Centerpoint had only 1 senior but didn't play much so hopefully they can make a strong run!!!!

neds

Quote from: drybones on March 15, 2015, 03:30:34 pm
I've read a lot on this post about jr high kids that are moving up. Who do you think will benefit the most next year  from the freshmen that will be moving up?

In my opinion this is where coaching really makes a difference. The better coaches will bring these younger players along and develop them for a possible difference as the season progresses.
Jessieville, Benton HG and Episcopal are three that I would expect to make this happen.

#EagleStrong

What about top players for next year?

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Austin Reaves, Cedar Ridge
Cade Crabtree, Cedar Ridge
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Hunter Daley, Jessieville
Dalton Hogue, Valley Springs
Colby Whitlow, Two Rivers
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

There are a few more guys I could list that could break out next year, and some that people aren't too familiar with like Ryan and Cody Roebke at West Fork. But surely I'm forgetting some names. Pollite at Flippin? Brunt at Centerpoint? Were they underclassmen?

bobcats

Quote from: #EagleStrong on March 15, 2015, 04:42:42 pm

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

There are a few more guys I could list that could break out next year, and some that people aren't too familiar with like Ryan and Cody Roebke at West Fork. But surely I'm forgetting some names. Pollite at Flippin? Brunt at Centerpoint? Were they underclassmen?

Nicholson at Marshall will definitely be top 5 next year.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2015, 06:22:16 pm

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

I don't think he is top 5. May not even be top 10. Barely top 3 in his own conference, behind Politte and Hogue.

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on March 15, 2015, 04:38:31 pm

In my opinion this is where coaching really makes a difference. The better coaches will bring these younger players along and develop them for a possible difference as the season progresses.
Jessieville, Benton HG and Episcopal are three that I would expect to make this happen.
i would put Manila in there, we had 3 freshman get quite a few minutes in postseason. Point Guard for next 3 years Woodall, got a lot.

bobcats

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 15, 2015, 06:55:44 pm

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

I don't think he is top 5. May not even be top 10. Barely top 3 in his own conference, behind Politte and Hogue.

Unlike Politte and Hogue he is a complete player.  He can handle the ball better than either of them, as well as shoot the 3 much better.  He is a true pg that can shoot, get to the rim and distribute the ball.  The only thing they have on him right now is physical maturity and we all know that comes at different ages for different people.  You look at his dad's build and you know he will thicken up in time.

Radiotalker

Noles should be strong. junior high went undefeated and lost only 1 senior. Almost beat Valley Springs in regional.

RetiredBB

I think Cedar Ridge has a good shot next year.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2015, 07:12:40 pm

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

Unlike Politte and Hogue he is a complete player.  He can handle the ball better than either of them, as well as shoot the 3 much better.  He is a true pg that can shoot, get to the rim and distribute the ball.  The only thing they have on him right now is physical maturity and we all know that comes at different ages for different people.  You look at his dad's build and you know he will thicken up in time.
Are you serious? He is not even on the same level as Politte. Hogue? Maybe. You are ridiculous if you think he can handle the ball better than Politte. I'm not sure if anyone can take the ball away from Politte. Oh, and Nicholson can get to the basket? He is excellent at picking it up and carrying the ball for about 4 steps while stiff arming the defender. Needless to say Nicholson is NOT top 5 regardless of what you think, and if you think he is better than Politte you need to watch a little more basketball.

bobcats

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 15, 2015, 11:39:01 pm
Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2015, 07:12:40 pm

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

Are you serious? He is not even on the same level as Politte. Hogue? Maybe. You are ridiculous if you think he can handle the ball better than Politte. I'm not sure if anyone can take the ball away from Politte. Oh, and Nicholson can get to the basket? He is excellent at picking it up and carrying the ball for about 4 steps while stiff arming the defender. Needless to say Nicholson is NOT top 5 regardless of what you think, and if you think he is better than Politte you need to watch a little more basketball.

Once again bobcatfanforlife proves he is a child by only hurling personal insults and not disputing any of the points I have made.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas