• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIALLY STARTING THE 3A TOP 10 POLL

Started by WPWells, January 19, 2015, 08:43:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 03, 2015, 10:41:45 pm
How is Cossatot still in and Centerpoint not? As much as I hate to say that.

Yeah, that makes no sense. Centerpoint should be highly ranked. People aren't paying enough attention to the Knights.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 03, 2015, 10:48:02 pm

Yeah, that makes no sense. Centerpoint should be highly ranked. People aren't paying enough attention to the Knights.
Especially when CP has beat them twice.

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 01, 2015, 09:51:53 am
1. ECS
2. Flippin
3. Mcgehee
4. Charleston
5. Cedar Ridge
6. Centerpoint
7. Rivercrest
8. Paris
9. Jesseville
10. Mayflower

Valley Marshall Lamar Two Rivers Cossate

1. ECS
2. Mcgehee
3. Charleston
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Flippin
6. Centerpoint
7. Valley
8. Paris
9.Rivercrest
10. Jesseville

Two Rivers Marshall Lee Cossate Mayflower

cdelaney

It's Maxpreps. If they aren't given a team's data, they don't do the math. I suspect Centerpoint would be in the top 5-6 if Maxpreps had all of their results, and I am sure there are other teams with no data or incomplete data that would knock Cossatot out of the top 10.

WPWells

BigMan, I'd switch Paris and Valley. Otherwise it looks great

hawgsroll

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 04, 2015, 10:08:35 am
BigMan, I'd switch Paris and Valley. Otherwise it looks great
I agree with 12th man.. Switch Paris and Valley.  I made the below statement on Jan. 22 and I think it pretty much still holds true.  Mcgehee has shown their resilience with some close wins and deserves the 2nd spot at this time.   You could also probably add Centerpoint into the 2nd tier teams.   But I think everyone is fighting for the chance to play and try to knock off ECS and I don't think it matters who fills the spots between #2 and #7 from the 2nd tier teams or who fills the spots between # 8 and #16 from the 3rd tier...And when it gets to state, it is game on for every team and anything can happen in one game. SO good luck to ALL teams...

(From 1-22-2015 post)....
1.   ECS is a clear #1.   (they can lose but they probably should not).
2.   Cedar Ridge, Flippin, Charleston, Paris, and McGehee are probably 2 thru 6 (no particular order but all have a decent shot to win at state)(and mayflower may work their way into this group).
3.   There are around 8 or 9 other teams that are capable of a big win or two but seem to lack the consistency of the top 6.  Two Rivers, Mayflower, Rivercrest, Cossatot, Centerpoint, Lamar, Danville, Valley, Marshall, and maybe a couple more (once again in no particular order)

BigMan15

Valley has two confernce losses so does paris the only difference is valley beat flippin.. paris hasnt had that big of a conference win..so thats why paris is behind them..

WPWells

Valley's conference is also significantly weaker

BigMan15

A little but how good is lamar??? Flippin Valley and Marshall is solid...Charleston and Paris is solid and the verdict is still out on Two Rivers and Lamar..yes lamar beat paris and ctown..but nearly got beat by booneville..two rivers barely beat danville and lamar which is good but then beat atkins by one or two..

bobcats

February 04, 2015, 02:34:34 pm #59 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:35:03 pm by bobcats
Quote from: BigMan15 on February 04, 2015, 01:44:23 pm
A little but how good is lamar??? Flippin Valley and Marshall is solid...Charleston and Paris is solid and the verdict is still out on Two Rivers and Lamar..yes lamar beat paris and ctown..but nearly got beat by booneville..two rivers barely beat danville and lamar which is good but then beat atkins by one or two..

Bergman who is 6th in our conference beat Lamar in the TR tournament and then lost to TR on their home court by 10 or 12.  In the game against TR, Bergmans best player badly injured his ankle in the 1st quarter and was ineffective the rest of the game.  Also, Valley put the clock on Danville so I don't think this conference is as weak as some think.  We do have a Boonville or two, but everybody does.  We basically have a top 4, 5-7 are ok, and a bottom 2.  Yellville is 4th in our conference, they are very talented 1-5 but have no bench to speak of.  While I will admit the conference is down compared to last year, so is the 1 west, the 3, the 5 and possibly others.

CincyGuyintheFort

1. Episcoal
2a. Charleston
2b. McGehee
4.  Cedar Ridge
5.  Centerpoint
6. Flippin
7. Paris
8. Valley
9. Smackover
10. Cossatot River

Beat of the rest: Mayflower, Marshall, Two Rivers, Rivercrest

#EagleStrong

Quote from: bobcats on February 04, 2015, 02:34:34 pm

Bergman who is 6th in our conference beat Lamar in the TR tournament and then lost to TR on their home court by 10 or 12.  In the game against TR, Bergmans best player badly injured his ankle in the 1st quarter and was ineffective the rest of the game.  Also, Valley put the clock on Danville so I don't think this conference is as weak as you think.  We do have a Boonville or two, but everybody does.  We basically have a top 4, 5-7 are ok, and a bottom 2.  Yellville is 4th in our conference, they are very talented 1-5 but have no bench to speak of.

Charleston and Paris both looked impressive in non conference. Two Rivers had a relatively weak noncon but beat Dardanelle. Lamar played most of their noncon without their football players, which unlike Charleston who still had Ward and Smith, included their two best players McCarley and Kern. It took then a while to get clicking. They've been inconsistent. If they played every game like they did when they beat Charleston, they'd be undefeated right now given their schedule. Danville has the conference's (if not 3A's, not sure) leading career scorer, Trusty, who has scored in excess of 2000 points. Atkins isn't very good, although I think they'll be a lot better next year. Booneville won't win a game this year. Too football obsessed I guess, but they'll play hard.

bobcats

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 04, 2015, 03:45:57 pm

Bergman who is 6th in our conference beat Lamar in the TR tournament and then lost to TR on their home court by 10 or 12.  In the game against TR, Bergmans best player badly injured his ankle in the 1st quarter and was ineffective the rest of the game.  Also, Valley put the clock on Danville so I don't think this conference is as weak as you think.  We do have a Boonville or two, but everybody does.  We basically have a top 4, 5-7 are ok, and a bottom 2.  Yellville is 4th in our conference, they are very talented 1-5 but have no bench to speak of.

Charleston and Paris both looked impressive in non conference. Two Rivers had a relatively weak noncon but beat Dardanelle. Lamar played most of their noncon without their football players, which unlike Charleston who still had Ward and Smith, included their two best players McCarley and Kern. It took then a while to get clicking. They've been inconsistent. If they played every game like they did when they beat Charleston, they'd be undefeated right now given their schedule. Danville has the conference's (if not 3A's, not sure) leading career scorer, Trusty, who has scored in excess of 2000 points. Atkins isn't very good, although I think they'll be a lot better next year. Booneville won't win a game this year. Too football obsessed I guess, but they'll play hard.

Paris's win over Alma tells me they can play with anyone in 3A.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 04, 2015, 02:59:29 pm

1. Episcoal
2a. Charleston
2b. McGehee
4.  Cedar Ridge
5.  Centerpoint
6. Flippin
7. Paris
8. Valley
9. Smackover
10. Cossatot River

Beat of the rest: Mayflower, Marshall, Two Rivers, Rivercrest

It's good to see Smackover in the top 10 of a poll. Especially in basketball. Smackover hasn't been a "basketball school" in quite a while.

BigMan15

Quote from: bobcats on February 04, 2015, 06:59:37 pm

When they play great they are hard to beat but they play to their competition too much..paris should be beating bad teams by more than 15-20 points..

#EagleStrong

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 04, 2015, 08:44:00 pm

When they play great they are hard to beat but they play to their competition too much..paris should be beating bad teams by more than 15-20 points..

Yeah, they have a bad tendency to play down to their competition. It's already bitten them a couple of times this year. I guess that's what happens when you're young. Only one senior in the starting five. Paris's sophomore class is pretty strong. Not coincidentally, it's also by far the largest class there. About 25-30 more kids than the next biggest class. A lot of times it's just a numbers game.

DatBoot

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 01, 2015, 10:55:21 am
Quote from: ISU7 on February 01, 2015, 10:43:25 am
Osceola with their big man should be mentioned in this list.... 8)

Shhhh ...I like being overlooked.

And to play ineligible players as well  ;D

WPWells

Drew Central beat McGehee last night. Here's my updated ranking:

1. ECS
2. Centerpoint - even though they're in a weak conference, they've still done all they could do
3. Charleston
4. Flippin
5. Cedar Ridge
6. McGehee
7. Paris
8. Smackover
9. Jessieville
10. Valley Springs

BigMan15

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Flippin
5. Centerpoint
6. Valley
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Rivercrest
10. Jesseville

Two Rivers. Mayflower. Lamar. Cossate. Marshall

Eagle20

should be a good indicator but not always.  BHG defeated Monticello who is no. 1 in 4 A and undefeated in their benefit game with both teams at full strength and you see them now where in the top 15.

WPWells

Key word is benefit game. That means it doesn't matter

HorseFeathers

Regular season game wins to me mean a lot more than a win in a scrimmage/benefit game...

cdelaney

Quote from: Eagle20 on February 07, 2015, 01:12:19 pm
Not sure the benefit game means anything, and based on past few weeks it's hard to put BHG in top 15, but I may be the last holdout in thinking they could be a dangerous team in Regionals. Wilks, when healthy, was the best player ECS has faced in 3A this year by far, and they have a second player who is an excellent 3 pt shooter. I don't think the have enough overall to go too far if they do make it to State, and they likely would face Cedar 1st round of Regionals anyway, but, I would not overlook them completely.

should be a good indicator but not always.  BHG defeated Monticello who is no. 1 in 4 A and undefeated in their benefit game with both teams at full strength and you see them now where in the top 15.

neds

Arkansas Democrat top 6 as of 2/8/15

1) ECS
2) Charleston
3) McGehee
4) Cedar Ridge
5) Flippin
6) Smackover

WPWells

Basketballfan13

doubled

Mcgehee got beat by Drew Central I believe. 

BigMan15

ea cat

Yes 3 pointer at the buzzer. No excuses from here. But learned a valuable lesson I believe.

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 07, 2015, 11:14:18 am
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Flippin
5. Centerpoint
6. Valley
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Rivercrest
10. Jesseville

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Flippin
4. Centerpoint
5. Charleston
6. Mayflower
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Valley
10. Rivercrest

Jesseville. Two Rivers. Cossate. Marshall. West Fork

#EagleStrong

Let's be honest...

1. ECS
2. ECS
3. ECS
4. ECS
5. ECS
6. ECS
7. ECS
8. ECS
9. ECS
10. Booneville

neds

Arkansas Democrat as of 2/15/15

Boys
1) ECS
2) McGehee
3) Cedar Ridge
4) Charleston
5) Flippin
6) Smackover

Girls
1) Greenland
2) Valley Springs
3) Perryville
4) Harding Academy
5) Bergman
6) Rivercrest

WPWells

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 15, 2015, 12:01:45 am
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Flippin
5. Centerpoint
6. Valley
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Rivercrest
10. Jesseville

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Flippin
4. Centerpoint
5. Charleston
6. Mayflower
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Valley
10. Rivercrest

Cossate? Bigman you need to learn how to spell it or you might get lost on way to state tourney game!

BigMan15

Quote from: cdelaney on February 15, 2015, 01:38:55 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on February 15, 2015, 12:01:45 am
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Flippin
5. Centerpoint
6. Valley
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Rivercrest
10. Jesseville

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Flippin
4. Centerpoint
5. Charleston
6. Mayflower
7. Paris
8. Mcgehee
9. Valley
10. Rivercrest

Cossate? Bigman you need to learn how to spell it or you might get lost on way to state tourney game!

Either way u guys know who im talking about

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 15, 2015, 10:07:46 am
BigMan I'd have Smackover in somewhere

Who have they beaten and whats their record...imo they play in a weak conference..

smallybells

Eaglestrong has it right, whoever comes out of Regionals to state and meets ECS is about like UALR making it to the NCAA tournament as a 16 seed and playing Kentucky.

neds

And UK has found themselves in OT several times this year. They , ECS, have lost five games so there is more than a possibility for a loss.

jr17

smallybells

bobcats

Quote from: neds on February 15, 2015, 08:27:46 am

Boys
1) ECS
2) McGehee
3) Cedar Ridge
4) Charleston
5) Flippin
6) Smackover

Girls
1) Greenland
2) Valley Springs
3) Perryville
4) Harding Academy
5) Bergman
6) Rivercrest

So does anyone really know how they come up with their rankings?  Is it some guy sitting in LR covering Pulaski county who probably has not seen any of these teams play outside of ECS?  I would trust most of the posters on here as they actually follow 3A ball on a daily basis.

neds

February 16, 2015, 08:32:15 am #91 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:19:45 pm by neds
Quote from: jr17 on February 15, 2015, 10:13:08 pm
Who were the 5 losses?

LR Parkview by four in Jammin for Jackets tournament and the next night in OT to LR McClellan.
Then three losses to teams outside AR in a Nashville, TN holiday tournament

jr17

Oh I knew it was no one close to 3A. I was just curious. I knew one was Parkview.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bobcats on February 16, 2015, 07:36:06 am

Boys
1) ECS
2) McGehee
3) Cedar Ridge
4) Charleston
5) Flippin
6) Smackover

Girls
1) Greenland
2) Valley Springs
3) Perryville
4) Harding Academy
5) Bergman
6) Rivercrest

So does anyone really know how they come up with their rankings?  Is it some guy sitting in LR covering Pulaski county who probably has not seen any of these teams play outside of ECS?  I would trust most of the posters on here as they actually follow 3A ball on a daily basis.
most of the posters haven't seen anyone outside their conference.

bobcats

Quote from: Oldman on February 16, 2015, 09:21:19 am
Quote from: bobcats on February 16, 2015, 07:36:06 am

Boys
1) ECS
2) McGehee
3) Cedar Ridge
4) Charleston
5) Flippin
6) Smackover

Girls
1) Greenland
2) Valley Springs
3) Perryville
4) Harding Academy
5) Bergman
6) Rivercrest

most of the posters haven't seen anyone outside their conference.

Most is the key word.  I am very familiar with all of the 1E, 5 and some of the 2,3, 4 and 7.

Head Lion

Quote from: Baller_34 on January 20, 2015, 06:58:35 am
There is now way Manila is top 10 in state. I've seen them play 4 or 5 tines this year and they are average at best.
We are very average, but we are playing in the regional finals tonight.

BigMan15

Lets do a top ten with state tourney teams

WPWells

February 28, 2015, 08:22:51 pm #97 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:24:51 pm by 12th Man CHS
How about we rank all 16 state tournament teams?

Here's my current thought:
1. ECS
2. Paris
3. Jessieville
4. Charleston
5. McGehee
6. Manila
7. Mayflower
8. Lamar
9. Valley Springs
10. Flippin
11. Cossatot River
12. Two Rivers
13. Prescott
14. Benton Harmony Grove
15. Fordyce
16. Rivercrest

Head Lion

Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 04:48:11 pm
Quote from: Baller_34 on January 20, 2015, 06:58:35 am
There is now way Manila is top 10 in state. I've seen them play 4 or 5 tines this year and they are average at best.
We are very average, but we are playing in the regional finals tonight.
2 regional champpionships in 3 years, not to shabby considering we are down for a year or 2. I cant wait to see what Coach can do with the talent coming from Jr hi on down.

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 08:22:51 pm
How about we rank all 16 state tournament teams?

Here's my current thought:
1. ECS
2. Paris
3. Jessieville
4. Charleston
5. McGehee
6. Manila
7. Mayflower
8. Lamar
9. Valley Springs
10. Flippin
11. Cossatot River
12. Two Rivers
13. Prescott
14. Benton Harmony Grove
15. Fordyce
16. Rivercrest

1.ECS
2. Jesseville
3. Paris
4. Manilla
5. Charleston
6. Mayflower
7. Mcgehee
8. Valley
9. Lamar
10. BHG
11. Flippin
12. Two Rivers
13. Prescott
14. Rivercrest
15. Cossatot
16. Fordyce

So tough a lot of teams playing great ball right now!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas