• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Pre-Mature Predictions for Next Season

Started by BigGuy22, March 15, 2018, 10:31:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Informant

No doubt several teams have the talent to be State Runner ups....

Assuming since Mills is now 4A, we are talking about who will lose to them in the finals correct?

Neckred

Quote from: Informant on August 14, 2018, 10:33:48 am
No doubt several teams have the talent to be State Runner ups....

Assuming since Mills is now 4A, we are talking about who will lose to them in the finals correct?
Correct.  They will mercy rule any 4a team

wait4it

I have a suspicion that there will be a team or two to give Mills a run and maybe an upset.

Informant

Quote from: wait4it on August 14, 2018, 04:03:18 pm
I have a suspicion that there will be a team or two to give Mills a run and maybe an upset.

I think you're right.  Jonesboro, West Memphis, Parkview should all give them some a good run. 

Yes, I know!

wait4it

Quote from: Informant on August 15, 2018, 10:57:44 am

I think you're right.  Jonesboro, West Memphis, Parkview should all give them some a good run. 

Yes, I know!

That is all probably correct but Mills is 4A and Jonesboro, West Memphis, and Parkview are 5A.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: wait4it on August 15, 2018, 06:55:10 pm
That is all probably correct but Mills is 4A and Jonesboro, West Memphis, and Parkview are 5A.

YES HE KNOWS!

wait4it

I think Mills will be in the finals but not sure who will face them.  Can Mills be beat in the finals?

Bbal789

Quote from: wait4it on August 30, 2018, 09:35:30 am
I think Mills will be in the finals but not sure who will face them.  Can Mills be beat in the finals?

No Mills is winning it all easy

wait4it

I feel that there will be someone to challenge Mills....not for sure who...but somebody.

FoxandHound34

You folks are crazy to think anyone will challenge Mills this year. Dumas and Baptist would be the only teams and they moved down to 3A so that eliminates them

scrapdig

wait4it

I suppose time will be the determining factor in all things.  There are some pretty good teams that moved down to 4A.  Watch out.....

beach bum

MoTownDog

October 24, 2018, 03:43:42 pm #63 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:46:33 pm by MoTownDog
Quote from: BigGuy22 on May 03, 2018, 08:34:37 am
Several off the better schools in the 4A, Westside, Baptist, Southside, Pea Ridge, Pottsville, as long as others could compete for the 5A state title. There isn't a huge skill gap between the 4A and 5A
Played in both.  Yes there is.  Harrison will beat Pea Ridge by 20.  Learn from your football team this year.
Venture out of your 4A circle up here and get you some of Mills.  Over at Half.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: scrapdig on October 23, 2018, 01:30:34 pm
Is Harrison pretty good?

The Goblins are dang good and won't be beat in conference this year.  Those 5A teams that moved down will be a lot more physical then most of the 4A teams. 

Gray lizard

What can be expected from Morriliton this year?

wait4it

I think Morrillton has a chance to make some noise in their conference and even into the state tournament.  Should win their conference but may lose to Mills in the regional. 

Gray lizard

Quote from: wait4it on October 26, 2018, 10:12:17 am
I think Morrillton has a chance to make some noise in their conference and even into the state tournament.  Should win their conference but may lose to Mills in the regional.
Mills and Morrilton will not meet in region. Morriiton in the North and Mills in the East.

wait4it

my mistake....I looked at it wrong.  Thanks for the correction.  I still feel the same about both schools however.

LeftyWorld

So morrilton and harrison will meet in region?

wait4it

Looks as though they will.  probably in the finals if I had to guess.

What about the east region....Mills first, then who?

scrapdig

Will Morrilton boys be moving their stud 9th grader up to HS?

wait4it

Quote from: scrapdig on October 29, 2018, 12:14:21 pm
If he is good enough to play up then i think Coach Zachery will move him up....wait and see.

South 45

Quote from: scrapdig on October 29, 2018, 12:14:21 pm
Will be interesting to see who he dresses out with for the Maroon & Gray game tonight...

scrapdig

Quote from: South 45 on November 01, 2018, 11:20:50 am
Will be interesting to see who he dresses out with for the Maroon & Gray game tonight...
Did he?  I would assume he's good enough to play in HS from what I've seen.

South 45

Quote from: scrapdig on November 01, 2018, 11:37:13 am
Did he?  I would assume he's good enough to play in HS from what I've seen.
Yes he dressed out with the high school .

scrapdig

How did he look?  Very talented for 9th grader.  Looks full grown though

wait4it

So do you think Morrillton will bid to host the state tournament?

South 45

Quote from: scrapdig on November 02, 2018, 08:38:42 am
How did he look?  Very talented for 9th grader.  Looks full grown though
He is a baller...was raised on the court. Has the height could use a little weight, makes good decisions and has as natural a shot as you will find. I have seen him let frustration get the better of him but a little more experience and that will correct its self. Once he finds his stroke he can flat drop some points...Fun to watch!!!

South 45

Quote from: wait4it on November 02, 2018, 09:16:59 am
So do you think Morrillton will bid to host the state tournament?
Yes, absolutely will....The 2A tournament Wonderview hosted @ Morrilton last year was big success. Thoroughly enjoyed by the staff, community and visitors. Was standing next to an administrator the night of the finals, watching the place fill up...he just smiled and said "This is what we built it for". I have no doubt we will bid. 

wait4it

any feelings on who else might bid?  Harrison? Farmington?  Any east or southeast school?

South 45

Quote from: wait4it on November 02, 2018, 09:42:26 am
any feelings on who else might bid?  Harrison? Farmington?  Any east or southeast school?
Hard to say but rest assured someone else will... 

DQLeopard

Quote from: wait4it on November 02, 2018, 09:42:26 am
Left out southwest.  Hopefully DeQueen will.

wait4it

DQLeopard

wait4it

not saying that DQ won't bid on it but they must be able to seat 1800 for a state tournament.

wait4it

Bbal789

Quote from: wait4it on November 24, 2018, 11:09:08 am
Mills seems to be off to a slow start....

Mills is off to a slow start. Struggling a bit against the top tier teams in the state. Did pull out a nine point victory over another 4a state contender in ESTEM.

wait4it

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 25, 2018, 12:54:13 pm
Mills is off to a slow start. Struggling a bit against the top tier teams in the state. Did pull out a nine point victory over another 4a state contender in ESTEM.
saw that score. Maybe Mills is getting things going.

Hawk4L

Estem, Joe t robinson are playing in the battle at the ridge tournament in December. Should be good tournament

Bbal789

ESTEM and Mills both return a lot of talent this year. Madison Peaster is the best player in 4a and Kevin Cross is probably the second best with Branton Mccrary in the top 5. ESTEM's best players are Jacob Profit and Jacob Saunders who are both top players in 4a as well.

Bbal789

I dont know too much about Robinson this year.

wait4it

Just for information only. How does one know who the best player is unless they have seen all players in a class or conference?  There are other good players who are arguably a contender for the "best" in a conference or class.
And it takes more than one "best" if a team has 2-3 good players.

Bbal789

Quote from: wait4it on November 28, 2018, 07:02:54 am
Just for information only. How does one know who the best player is unless they have seen all players in a class or conference?  There are other good players who are arguably a contender for the "best" in a conference or class.
And it takes more than one "best" if a team has 2-3 good players.

True I understand your point but those guys at Mills have been highly recruited prospects and I havent heard about other players yet

wait4it

I think that the overwhelming consensus is that Mills will be in the finals of the state tournament...who will be the other team?

Woopig6

I've heard and seen that Mills will be very good this year but I saw they started 1-3. I know nothing about the teams they've played so far but is this a sign for concern?

87DAWG

Quote from: Woopig6 on December 02, 2018, 08:15:17 am
I've heard and seen that Mills will be very good this year but I saw they started 1-3. I know nothing about the teams they've played so far but is this a sign for concern?
If so, Cooper has them playing out of state competition are is swimming in the 6A pool! I assume they will be just fine!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 27, 2018, 07:26:32 pm
ESTEM and Mills both return a lot of talent this year. Madison Peaster is the best player in 4a and Kevin Cross is probably the second best with Branton Mccrary in the top 5. ESTEM's best players are Jacob Profit and Jacob Saunders who are both top players in 4a as well.

You're making some bold statements here. I don't know that I agree with any of them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas