• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predicitions Are Over for the Year

Started by Ole Man River, November 26, 2011, 05:09:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

November 26, 2011, 05:09:13 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:36:25 pm by Ole Man River
  What a great year the 7-2A had this year.  It's been a complete honor for me to do these each week.  It was fun picking at the conference teams and fans.  I will be back next year picking the games next year if I can. 
  What an exciting year for the Gurdon Go-Devils, making it to the Quarterfinals this year and also winning the Conference.  Even though they had a little sorrow early this year with the passing of a team member, they rallied around that and put the Prescott game behind them and performed like the Devils of old.
  Mineral Springs played like the Hornets of old also.  A couple of injuries and a block PAT kept them from really going a long way in the playoffs.  They final got back to winning a share of the conference title with a little help from Mount Ida.  Look for good things next year from Mule Shoe, because as long as Williams is there next year, they will be hard to stop.
  Spring Hill had a year that nobody was expecting.  They finished the year 3rd and winning in the 1st Round of the playoffs, losing to the Go-Devils twice, and the Hornets once.  Another great year for the running game as 1 player rushed for over 1,000 yards and another was 16 yards short, before getting hurt against Norphlet.  They will regroup next year and try to keep up with the Devils, Hornets, and the other teams.
  Mount Ida did what no other team in the conference could do, and that was beat Gurdon.  The played their last conference game in the 7-2A just like they came into the the 7-2A, Winning!!!  What a great run for them.  They won a State Championship as a member of the 7-2A, and I don't know about some of you, but will be glad they are gone.  They will be a tough opponent next year with Josh Hall coming back.  Good Luck next year Lions.
  Dierks Outlaws got back on the winning track this year, getting back in the playoff where they are suppose to be.  They have a good core of returning players back next year to help compete for the title in 7-2A.  Coach Bennett will have them ready to play next year, and you can bet the house on that.
  Horatio Lions had a little disappointment in their year.  They didn't get everything rolling their way, and fell to the way side.  They will get everything fixed over the off season and come back fighting (pun intended).  The Lions has a good coaching staff, players and a fan base that are passonate about all sport at Horatio.  If they can somehow get things rolling, it could cause trouble for the 3A next year.  Sorry to see you go Lions, good luck next year and the years to come.
  Murfreesboro Rattlers started the year off with a bang, and then only managed 1 more win the rest of the year.  One thing that you can always know, is that they will play until the final horn (and play DeQueen's JV team 2nd week) (another shot at the JV Killer Rattlers).  Things will get better for the Rattlers, and they will began playing like the Rattlers of Old also.
  Foreman Gators fell on hard times this year again.  Not being able to win any games only makes the Coaches get to the drawing boards real quick.  Coach Ellis will be working on ways to improve starting 3 weeks ago.  All the Gators need is 1 Forbes type player to step up and tell the others to get on his back.  In 2A football, that is all you need is to have a successful season.  If some are lucky enough to have 3-6 players like that, then you are looking like a Junction City, Bearden, or Magazine type teams.
  So there you have it Sports Fans, OMR's year ending post.  It was truly an honor to do this for our conference, and next year try to make it better.  If anyone has any suggestions for me, feel free to let me know, so until then OMR OUT!!!!!!!!

luvinfb

OMR - Thanks for the commmentary this season, I for one really enjoyed it and would wait anxiously for you to post your picks each week.  I look forward to next year.

The_Devil_Himself

Great job omr. Really appreciate your love for the game.

markitdown

OMR great job this year. Always enjoy reading your predictions every week! Also thanks for taking special request on some picks! Look forward to another exciting season next year.

Cheek

What will the teams in the 7-2A look like next year.   What teams are losing alot and what teams should compete for the title next year?   Please remember that I said should since the Horatio rule is in effect.   

monster_island

Good job all year OMR. Hopefully we will have some of our former 7-2A compatriots on the schedule next year. Then you can pick us as the underdog some more.

bbg123

Gurdon is losing top 2 rushers, d-line and o-line. They are also losing contributors here and there. They are bringing back QB and 1 back (#24) they should be in contention in the 7-2a, state though I don't know about all that. They have key players on o-line and d-line they are going to have to replace. Jr. High hadn't lost a game in 2 years so some young talent coming up will have to contribute. Not sure if they have legit linemen moving up though. Only time will tell I suppose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas